Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: City Square Residences (D8, Freehold, by CDL)

Hey reporter, where did u get these info from?

Very NICE price! Not bad location. Great Heng Hwa food at Ming Chung around the corner! But vicinty nothing to crow about.

if the area cleared of parapoondeks and mustafa gets shifted to Tuas, replacing that with Sheng Siong, then the psf for citysquare will shoot up to $1800psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if the area cleared of parapoondeks and mustafa gets shifted to Tuas, replacing that with Sheng Siong, then the psf for citysquare will shoot up to $1800psf.
    i am actually surprised tat this project can get this far oredi.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

City Square Residences has a nëw hïgh of $1,490 psf!
    Can it hit $1,500 psf soon?

City Square Residences
    Address ......................... psf ............... Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    12 Kitchener Link #16-21 .... $1,490 psf .... 570 sqft .... $850,000 .... 12 May 10

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    City Square Residences has a nëw hïgh of $1,490 psf!
    Can it hit $1,500 psf soon?

City Square Residences
    Address ......................... psf ............... Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    12 Kitchener Link #16-21 .... $1,490 psf .... 570 sqft .... $850,000 .... 12 May 10
    F****, should have bought when it was still 4xxK.

Default hi

im kang lin from propnex.
    Any buyer looking for south bank, citylight , city square residences and rivering by the park . can tell me. i can look out for you all and update you for any good unit. thank you. hope to hear from you all. ^^. my number 92997280. thx

Quote Originally Posted by kanglin
    im kang lin from propnex.
    Any buyer looking for south bank, citylight , city square residences and rivering by the park . can tell me. i can look out for you all and update you for any good unit. thank you. hope to hear from you all. ^^. my number 92997280. thx
    thanks tanumy..

this project seems not bad afterall. i visited city sq mall and get to see city sq condo entrance and pool....quite nice. notice quite a fair bit of expats staying there. Ultra Convenience! as long u dun walk around the area...it can be a vy gd place to stay. self contained....walk to Mall just next door and link to MRT as well...

CitySq Mall pretty impressive as well

the market price speaks for itself...

if mustafa shift out of the place and the parapoondek town get shifted to someplace else, then the price of citysquare will shoot up 50% instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    this project seems not bad afterall. i visited city sq mall and get to see city sq condo entrance and pool....quite nice. notice quite a fair bit of expats staying there. Ultra Convenience! as long u dun walk around the area...it can be a vy gd place to stay. self contained....walk to Mall just next door and link to MRT as well...

CitySq Mall pretty impressive as well

if mustafa shift out of the place and the parapoondek town get shifted to someplace else, then the price of citysquare will shoot up 50% instantly.
    luckily or unluckily parapoondek town is under "heritage" zone, so is there for perpetuity ~

Not in your lifetime. If they move, where can they go? no more little india?

They are very strong and very inclined to stay there for a long long time. Their success was built on their business model of being cheaper and having strong support from the parapoondeks from Singlapore and Banglapore and Indla. Sometimes, prapoondeks from other parts of the world patronise them too.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...44740,00.html?

Published January 28, 2011

Old entrance gets new life - at City Square

By LINETTE LIM

A PIECE of Singapore's history - the New World Gate - has been reconstructed and unveiled at City Square Mall. Mall owner City Developments Limited (CDL) said that the reconstruction took 12 weeks and cost more than $200,000.

Arch from the past: The New World Gate has been reconstructed and unveiled at City Square Mall, which sits on a part of the former New World Amusement Park

The mall sits on a part of the former New World Amusement Park, which was bounded by Serangoon Road, Kitchener Road and Whampoa River.

CDL group general manager Chia Ngiang Hong said: 'The gate was brought down from the old location (in Jalan Besar), sent to a factory for touching up, re-painting and casting of badly corroded parts.'

The reconstructed New World Gate is now located at the main entrance to City Square Mall on Kitchener Road.

Mr Chia had particularly fond memories of the New World gate. 'During occasions like Chinese New Year and the mid-autumn festival, it was a real challenge for the crowds to squeeze through the gate!'

Set up in 1923 by brothers Ong Boon Tat and Ong Peng Hock, the New World Amusement Park was one of the three 'worlds' - the other two being Great World Amusement Park and Gay World - that drew Singapore crowds from the 1920s to the 1960s.

It closed its doors in 1987, driven out by the competition that came in the form of television, shopping malls and night clubs.

Mr Chia feels that malls have replaced the three 'worlds' as community hubs. However, architect Tan Kar Lin said: 'While they are both popular places of consumption and leisure, the mall today and the 'worlds' of yesteryears are very much products of their times, fulfilling the needs and markets of different societies.'

Default flyer

anyone know whether from stack 26 or 32 (both 861 sqft 2 bedder) highfloor can see flyer or mbs? I suspect kena blocked by stack 17??? I know stack 17 (872 sqft) 2 bedder high floor definitely can....

Just some of the recent transaction record breaking in terms of psf..

570sf $975k $1,709psf July-11
    807sf $1390k $1,656psf Jun-11

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Just some of the recent transaction record breaking in terms of psf..

570sf $975k $1,709psf July-11
    807sf $1390k $1,656psf Jun-11
    There was another studio done for 1750psf 2 months back but not reflected in URA data - most probably paid fully in cash.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    There was another studio done for 1750psf 2 months back but not reflected in URA data - most probably paid fully in cash.
    if that's the case.. then 1750psf is the record psf lor

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    if that's the case.. then 1750psf is the record psf lor
    unbelievable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    unbelievable!!!
    Once again another record breaking price for "big unit" in Aug 2011:

latest one was a 1518sf unit at $1500psf $2,277,000 in lodged in Aug-11..
    The previous record 1507sf unit at $1394psf $2,100,000 in Mar-11 transaction.

Happen to be eating around this area at night... Must said quite surprise with the changes around ... Think the mall adds life to the area.. Modern mix with the old .. Interesting mix.. :-)

It's not as 'dark' as you might think right?

Have been to the mall numerous times, lots of families and edu/tuition centers. Nice place, better walking spaces than Nex mall.

Think the condo has not set any new high this year. 900 units, quite a lot, anyone know if it is crowded inside?

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Have been to the mall numerous times, lots of families and edu/tuition centers. Nice place, better walking spaces than Nex mall.

Think the condo has not set any new high this year. 900 units, quite a lot, anyone know if it is crowded inside?
    I visited the condo a couple of times. Alot of foreigners and students. Very cosmopolitant. However, the security there quite lax. You can walk in/out as you please via the side gate by following the person in front of you. Overall good location. Imagine when it was launched, it was only going for 500+ psf

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    I visited the condo a couple of times. Alot of foreigners and students. Very cosmopolitant. However, the security there quite lax. You can walk in/out as you please via the side gate by following the person in front of you. Overall good location. Imagine when it was launched, it was only going for 500+ psf
    500plus was quite sometime back in 2004/05. Think when it crossed 1000psf, some thought it was crazy. But it went up, up and away. Despite all the concerns, seem unfounded based on current prices. But if have young kids, may be not so advisable to wonder beyond certain lanes at night.

One by one the condos are joining in to set new records

CSR sets a new record price. 1727pfs.

Its for a big MM

2012-09-07 /570/1727

500plus was quite sometime back in 2004/05. Think when it crossed 1000psf, some thought it was crazy. But it went up, up and away. Despite all the concerns, seem unfounded based on current prices. But if have young kids, may be not so advisable to wonder beyond certain lanes at night.
    there're a few pubs at the shophouses facing CSR if I remember correctly.

Just seen this comment in propertyguru

First time read about overcrowding. Anyone heard of similar problems can validate if this is true?

For condos with 1000 units or more, it will be interesting to hear opinions on how much facilities and site area are considered comfortable enough? Think probably need 2 pools for 1000 units.
    Bad experience in my 1 yr stay here!

Posted by Chai on Nov 28, 2012
    I faced the same issue (lousy management/ lousy security guards) too.
    Both the management and security guards are very unfriendly perhaps due to they need to deal with more than 900 units in the same condominium.
    My experience staying in this condominium have been more than unpleasant, home should be an oasis of peace instead whenever I wanted to visit the pool or facilities I find myself fighting with many people. It is like visiting Orchard Road on a weekend. Very stressful for me.
    I have stayed here for a year and regretted buying. Should have listened to my agent to check out alternative condominiums nearby such as Kerrisdale etc.
    Anyway it is simply too late for me.

I recommend this building for: City Living, Outdoors & Activities and Families with Children.
    Reviewer's Overall Rating
    (3.2)Interior / Units
    (4)Exterior / Common Areas
    (3)Condo Facilities
    (2)Transport Links
    (5)Nearby Amenities
    (4)Property Management
    (1)

100%

0%

Cool

Just seen this comment in propertyguru

First time read about overcrowding. Anyone heard of similar problems can validate if this is true?

For condos with 1000 units or more, it will be interesting to hear opinions on how much facilities and site area are considered comfortable enough? Think probably need 2 pools for 1000 units.
    Bad experience in my 1 yr stay here!

Posted by Chai on Nov 28, 2012
    I faced the same issue (lousy management/ lousy security guards) too.
    Both the management and security guards are very unfriendly perhaps due to they need to deal with more than 900 units in the same condominium.
    My experience staying in this condominium have been more than unpleasant, home should be an oasis of peace instead whenever I wanted to visit the pool or facilities I find myself fighting with many people. It is like visiting Orchard Road on a weekend. Very stressful for me.
    I have stayed here for a year and regretted buying. Should have listened to my agent to check out alternative condominiums nearby such as Kerrisdale etc.
    Anyway it is simply too late for me.

I recommend this building for: City Living, Outdoors & Activities and Families with Children.
    Reviewer's Overall Rating (3.2)Interior / Units (4)Exterior / Common Areas (3)Condo Facilities (2)Transport Links (5)Nearby Amenities (4)Property Management (1)

100%

0%
    Don't believe everything u hear.
    probably is a buyer looking to buy.
    Owner unlikely to slap own face and say his house is lousy, right.

http://www.gv.com.sg/cinemas_couplescinema.jsp

anyone tried this yet? Laguna?