Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: City Square Residences (D8, Freehold, by CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by franzmark
    Just offering my 2 cents worth here. I think the rental for a certain area very much depends on the kind of appeal it brings to the foreign expat. Although Citysquare is considerably near town, not every expat who works in town would want to live near town as they seek to have a balanced lifestyle of relaxation and work. My friend rented out his 3 bdrm Hillview condo for 4k a month to a German expat even though it is damn far from town and has not much amenities and no MRT station nearby. You may ask why, it is for the simple reason that the place is peaceful and serene and offers a lifestyle more befitting for a family. This is also a reason why condos in Potong Pasir and Boon Keng area will very soon surpass Citysquare when they start to develop. Prices in those areas have seen $900 to $1000psf for the reason that there is more development to expect from these areas in years to come. The rental of an area also depends on the type of crowd the place attracts. If a condo is surrounded by loads of blue collar foreign workers from China, Bangladesh and India (no offence to them), would a professional foreign expat be willing to pay good rental to landlords or even consider renting from such places?
    I suggest you go into CSR and sit down at the pool side during weekend for 1 hour and see for yourself what kind of crowd it attracts. Mostly caucasians, Japanese and higher class Indians . Come here talk cock no use. Go and see for yourself. Whoever pays more for Boon Keng or Potong Pasir must be freaking out of his mind or just a big plain RACIST.

Just offering my 2 cents worth here. I think the rental for a certain area very much depends on the kind of appeal it brings to the foreign expat. Although Citysquare is considerably near town, not every expat who works in town would want to live near town as they seek to have a balanced lifestyle of relaxation and work. My friend rented out his 3 bdrm Hillview condo for 4k a month to a German expat even though it is damn far from town and has not much amenities and no MRT station nearby. You may ask why, it is for the simple reason that the place is peaceful and serene and offers a lifestyle more befitting for a family. This is also a reason why condos in Potong Pasir and Boon Keng area will very soon surpass Citysquare when they start to develop. Prices in those areas have seen $900 to $1000psf for the reason that there is more development to expect from these areas in years to come. The rental of an area also depends on the type of crowd the place attracts. If a condo is surrounded by loads of blue collar foreign workers from China, Bangladesh and India (no offence to them), would a professional foreign expat be willing to pay good rental to landlords or even consider renting from such places?
    Also ask your freind to find out how much his 3 beddee HIllview will attract today. He will be lucky to get 3k. If your theroy is correct then ulu places like Sembawang will be more expensive. Maybe you should go and invest in Sembawang - better yields. Expats will love all that greenery and never mind the commute

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    I suggest you go into CSR and sit down at the pool side during weekend for 1 hour and see for yourself what kind of crowd it attracts. Mostly caucasians, Japanese and higher class Indians . Come here talk cock no use. Go and see for yourself. Whoever pays more for Boon Keng or Potong Pasir must be freaking out of his mind or just a big plain RACIST.
    I'm not sure if its mostly these sort of tenant mix, but I saw a fair bit of locals as well. Unless they are just using the pool & BBQ facilities before renting them out.

Nevertheless, I do believe in what one of the earlier post because 2 weekends ago when I was at the function room, I saw a big group of young chinese students having BBQ. Last Sat, the same group was swimming and I actually approached and asked if they were staying there. They confirmed they are staying there and paying between $550 - $750 per person. They also said another 6 friends will be moving in once owner finish with the retification of the just TOP block. Some of them are studying at private schools here. While they seem a bit loud, having good fun, but they are quite well-mannered.

I also talked to a Ukraine couple playing tennis there. The lady is hot!!

I do agree that Ukraine babes are really very good looking and tall

nobody talking about residents of citysquare. was referring to the crowd around citysquare and the kind of people walking around that area. kitchener is right smack in little india and it doesnt take super intelligence to know what sort of chaotic place little india is like. i drove through a lane to take short cut and droves of indians and bangladeshi workers were hording the lane and i could not get past. I had to slowly inch my way thru the lane to have some of these hooligans in the crowd knocking my side mirrors in. the place gives me the feeling that one can get mobbed anytime if you were to walk in small lanes so you can share your experience with us next time when you move into your new home in citysquare...

I suggest you go into CSR and sit down at the pool side during weekend for 1 hour and see for yourself what kind of crowd it attracts. Mostly caucasians, Japanese and higher class Indians.
    In that case, all the more Chinese people shouldn't buy CSR. Cuz they will feel sorely unwelcome there, in the midst of all the high class Caucasians, Japanese and high class Indians staying there. Chinese and dogs not allowed, y'hear?

Chinese should just buy Potong Pasir or Boon Keng, to be in the same company of their narrow-minded racist kiasu kind. Please don't buy CSR. You are NOT welcome!

you must be a non-chinese anti-chinese sounding like an anti-racist. forumers can judge for themselves ....

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    Chinese and dogs not allowed, y'hear?

Chinese should just buy Potong Pasir or Boon Keng, to be in the same company of their narrow-minded racist kiasu kind. Please don't buy CSR. You are NOT welcome!

seems like the remainder 400+ units just TOP-ed.. but sellers still asking for very ex prices...

ie... seems like the owners are not flippers? All of them can gain financing from banks?

majority of buyers dont buy to flip. if they can flip at a profit, they will do so, but if they cant flip at a profit, they will just stay there and enjoy the condo and the company of bangalas around the condo...

Quote Originally Posted by cloudy78
    ie... seems like the owners are not flippers? All of them can gain financing from banks?

majority of buyers dont buy to flip. if they can flip at a profit, they will do so, but if they cant flip at a profit, they will just stay there and enjoy the condo and the company of bangalas around the condo...
    Shake heads left to right, right to left cheong ahhhhh

OKT, you can broaden ur clientele base to include those parapudeks living in citysquare n surrounding area. I think a gd mixture of thais n filipinas will suit this pundek community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Shake heads left to right, right to left cheong ahhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    In that case, all the more Chinese people shouldn't buy CSR. Cuz they will feel sorely unwelcome there, in the midst of all the high class Caucasians, Japanese and high class Indians staying there. Chinese and dogs not allowed, y'hear?

I am amazed why the low class chinese (the Chinese in Singapore are amongst the lowest class of Chinese in China) look down upon CSR when higher class and richer Caucasians, Japanese etc are willing to stay at CSR. One just need to go to the pool on a Sunday afternoon and you will shake your head wondering what is all the fuss created by the low class chinese racists in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    OKT, you can broaden ur clientele base to include those parapudeks living in citysquare n surrounding area. I think a gd mixture of thais n filipinas will suit this pundek community.
    I think there are more than enough PRC whores in Geyland to keep Geylang OKT occupied. City Square too high class for a Geyland OKT lah. He belong to the corner coffeeshop at Lorong 16 surrounded by all the CHINESE WHORES. And my god there are thousands of them who will yellowrise the whole Little India if they decide to come over.

I am amazed why the low class chinese (the Chinese in Singapore are amongst the lowest class of Chinese in China) look down upon CSR when higher class and richer Caucasians, Japanese etc are willing to stay at CSR. One just need to go to the pool on a Sunday afternoon and you will shake your head wondering what is all the fuss created by the low class chinese racists in this forum.

caucasians rich? got class? go mustafa and see the many russians or eastern europeans and see whether got class or not?

same thing u can have "classy" ppl within the condo compounds, but what makes a condo classy more than the ppl is also the surrounding areas

citysquare area is burgeoning with life with those parapundeks here there and everywhere orgling at any female creature young n old walking their way. It is a waste for OKT not to set up base there for the ready clientele awaiting to make booking
    I think there are more than enough PRC whores in Geyland to keep Geylang OKT occupied. City Square too high class for a Geyland OKT lah. He belong to the corner coffeeshop at Lorong 16 surrounded by all the CHINESE WHORES. And my god there are thousands of them who will yellowrise the whole Little India if they decide to come over.

Default Wanted: City Square Residences units for multiple purchase

Dear all,

My clients from overseas are coming to Singapore on Mid October to invest in private residential properties. City Square Residences is one of their choice condo.

Their requirements are as follows:

1) 2 bedrooms or smaller;
    2) Regular shaped interior;
    3) Attractive pricing;
    4) Floor Plan required;
    5) Interior photos provided will be wonderful

Call me at +65-92993342 or email property details including floor plan & interior pictures to [email protected] before Thursday, 8 Oct 2009 3pm.

Quote Originally Posted by richardsng_era
    Dear all,

My clients from overseas are coming to Singapore on Mid October to invest in private residential properties. City Square Residences is one of their choice condo.

Their requirements are as follows:

1) 2 bedrooms or smaller;
    2) Regular shaped interior;
    3) Attractive pricing;
    4) Floor Plan required;
    5) Interior photos provided will be wonderful

Call me at +65-92993342 or email property details including floor plan & interior pictures to [email protected] before Thursday, 8 Oct 2009 3pm.
    richard, u should go and f*** your m*****. Spoilt all the thread with you stupid f*** advertisement

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Suburban home prices soar
    Some mid-tier projects have topped previous peaks, figures based on URA data show
    Fiona Chan
    The Straits Times
    Friday, 9 October 2009

Citylights, a new condominium which incorporates conservation shophouses in its layout, is almost complete. In the left background are HDB flats along Jellicoe Road. -- Photo: ST

House hunters: If it feels like that suburban condominium you are eyeing is just as expensive now as it was during the 2007-2008 property boom, that is because it probably is.

Although overall private home prices are still some 15% below recent peaks, prices of mass market homes have already climbed back to the levels of early last year, right before the recession hit.

According to the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA’s) latest estimate, released last week, prices of suburban private homes are just 3% shy of their peak levels in the second quarter of last year.

Some individual projects – such as Seletaris in Yio Chu Kang and Casa Merah in Tanah Merah – have already surpassed these levels, going by calculations done by The Straits Times using data from URA’s Realis database.

For mid-tier properties, URA’s data indicated prices remain about 15% off peaks last year.

But some condos in this category are also bucking the trend, with higher prices in the third quarter this year than in the property boom just past.

In the Jalan Besar area, for instance, three condominiums – Citylights, Southbank, and City Square Residences – are now commanding higher average psf than they did at the height of the boom, according to The Straits Times’ calculations.

The calculations compared these condos’ average price psf in the third quarter this year with the second quarter of last year. All the projects had several sales in the most recent quarter, but some had as few as two in the second quarter of last year as sentiment tapered off ahead of the recession.

Similarly, in the East Coast area, projects such as The Esta and The Sea View have already breached their peak average psf prices. This pattern has also cropped up in selected condos from Clementiwoods in Clementi to The Regency @ Tiong Bahru.

While launches of suburban condos have seen a massive surge in demand in recent months, resales of existing homes have so far stayed out of the limelight. But they have also been appreciating in value as sentiment in the real estate market goes from strength to strength, said property consultants.

'For mass-market leasehold projects outside the prime areas, just based on resale prices, we have almost gone back to the 2007-2008 levels,' said Ms Chua Chor Hoon, head of South-east Asia research at DTZ Debenham Tie Leung.

According to her research, the average price of a leasehold non-landed resale home rose to $610 psf in the third quarter of this year, a mere $5 psf less than the most recent peak of $615 psf.

With private home prices still on an uptrend, having jumped a 20-year record of 16% in the third quarter this year, it seems just a matter of time before suburban condo prices hit new highs.

But consultants say this may not necessarily happen, at least not by the end of this year.

For one thing, the Government’s measures to cool the property market, announced last month, could have a dampening effect on home sales and moderate price increases.

This is unlikely to hit actual demand for homes, but the announcement’s psychological impact could cause a knee-jerk reaction and help prevent private home prices from escalating at an unsustainable pace, said Ms Tay Huey Ying, director of research and advisory at property firm Colliers International.

'As it is, the stand-offs between buyers and sellers in the secondary market are showing signs of a return,' she said. Buyers are also starting to complain about the higher prices of mass market homes.

'We have seen a slight slowdown in sales generally in the market, partly because of the prices, and partly because of the Government’s announcements,' she said, adding that prices have yet to suffer.

'I think some people are refusing to pay high prices, but sellers are not lowering their asking prices, so we are seeing the number of inquiries and also transactions come down a bit.'

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter

Suburban home prices soar
    Some mid-tier projects have topped previous peaks, figures based on URA data show
    Fiona Chan
    The Straits Times
    Friday, 9 October 2009

Citylights, a new condominium which incorporates conservation shophouses in its layout, is almost complete. In the left background are HDB flats along Jellicoe Road. -- Photo: ST

House hunters: If it feels like that suburban condominium you are eyeing is just as expensive now as it was during the 2007-2008 property boom, that is because it probably is.

Although overall private home prices are still some 15% below recent peaks, prices of mass market homes have already climbed back to the levels of early last year, right before the recession hit.

According to the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA’s) latest estimate, released last week, prices of suburban private homes are just 3% shy of their peak levels in the second quarter of last year.

Some individual projects – such as Seletaris in Yio Chu Kang and Casa Merah in Tanah Merah – have already surpassed these levels, going by calculations done by The Straits Times using data from URA’s Realis database.

For mid-tier properties, URA’s data indicated prices remain about 15% off peaks last year.

But some condos in this category are also bucking the trend, with higher prices in the third quarter this year than in the property boom just past.

In the Jalan Besar area, for instance, three condominiums – Citylights, Southbank, and City Square Residences – are now commanding higher average psf than they did at the height of the boom, according to The Straits Times’ calculations.

The calculations compared these condos’ average price psf in the third quarter this year with the second quarter of last year. All the projects had several sales in the most recent quarter, but some had as few as two in the second quarter of last year as sentiment tapered off ahead of the recession.

Similarly, in the East Coast area, projects such as The Esta and The Sea View have already breached their peak average psf prices. This pattern has also cropped up in selected condos from Clementiwoods in Clementi to The Regency @ Tiong Bahru.

While launches of suburban condos have seen a massive surge in demand in recent months, resales of existing homes have so far stayed out of the limelight. But they have also been appreciating in value as sentiment in the real estate market goes from strength to strength, said property consultants.

'For mass-market leasehold projects outside the prime areas, just based on resale prices, we have almost gone back to the 2007-2008 levels,' said Ms Chua Chor Hoon, head of South-east Asia research at DTZ Debenham Tie Leung.

According to her research, the average price of a leasehold non-landed resale home rose to $610 psf in the third quarter of this year, a mere $5 psf less than the most recent peak of $615 psf.

With private home prices still on an uptrend, having jumped a 20-year record of 16% in the third quarter this year, it seems just a matter of time before suburban condo prices hit new highs.

But consultants say this may not necessarily happen, at least not by the end of this year.

For one thing, the Government’s measures to cool the property market, announced last month, could have a dampening effect on home sales and moderate price increases.

This is unlikely to hit actual demand for homes, but the announcement’s psychological impact could cause a knee-jerk reaction and help prevent private home prices from escalating at an unsustainable pace, said Ms Tay Huey Ying, director of research and advisory at property firm Colliers International.

'As it is, the stand-offs between buyers and sellers in the secondary market are showing signs of a return,' she said. Buyers are also starting to complain about the higher prices of mass market homes.

'We have seen a slight slowdown in sales generally in the market, partly because of the prices, and partly because of the Government’s announcements,' she said, adding that prices have yet to suffer.

'I think some people are refusing to pay high prices, but sellers are not lowering their asking prices, so we are seeing the number of inquiries and also transactions come down a bit.'
    Several studios were transacted around 480 in March this year at CSR after falling around 20% and 6 months later they transacted at around 720k - 50% rise in 6 months. Amazing.

The City Square Mall which is 70% open seems to attract 90% Chinese clientele contrary to fears that it was going to become another Tekka Mall or Mustaffa. Many did not buy at CSR thinking that the City Square Mall which was supposed to be a major pulling factor would be a failure. Will these buyers rush back soon?

D8 may see even more upside to 1300-1600psf level with this 'surprise' and many boutique (mm) developments TOPing very soon.

Metro expands into suburbs
    Leow SiWan
    The Straits Times
    Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Retail chain Metro is looking for more opportunities to expand in 'underserved' areas of Singapore, while aggressively pushing into China and Indonesia.

The firm's local reach expanded last Friday when it launched its fourth store at City Square Mall near Little India - its first opening here in seven years.

Managing director Wong Sioe Hong told The Straits Times how the chain, which had dwindled in the mid-1990s, had changed to meet new challenges.

'We have been waiting for an opportunity but there weren't any new malls for the past few years. Most of the new ones are on the Orchard stretch, which is already crowded,' said Mrs Wong.

She said the City Square store in Kitchener Road is ideal because there are no other major department stores within a 4km radius. And its location near Little India means Metro can 'tap a steady flow of international visitors'. By next year, the mall is expected to see a footfall of 1.3 million visitors.

There are even more ambitious plans, with between US$10 million (S$14 million) and US$20 million earmarked for growth here and overseas.

Done Deals
    City Square Residences resale prices above $1,000 psf
    The Edge
    Monday, 14 December 2009

Since June this year, transaction prices of apartments at the 910-unit City Square Residences in the secondary market have increasingly crossed $1,000 psf, hitting a high of $1,271 psf in August, when a 570 sqft studio apartment on the 26th floor of one of the two 30-storey towers was sold for $725,000. Since October, however, more units have been changing hands in the resale market at prices above the $1,000 to $1,100 psf range.

There has also been an increase in transactions last month. In November, up to the latest caveat lodged on Nov 18 — for a three bedroom 1,518 sq ft unit that changed hands for $1.49 million — there were already eight transactions at City Square Residences, compared with seven recorded in October, according to the URA Realis database of caveats. The buoyant prices at City Square Residences can be attributed to the launch of the 40-unit boutique-apartment project City Loft on Race Course Road by Oxley (Ascend Capital Pte Ltd) in late October, where units were sold at $999 to $1,154 psf, according to caveats lodged. The development is made up of 34 units of studio apartments ranging from 322 to 419 sqft and six two-bedroom “penthouses” of 742 to 904 sqft.

In contrast, the massive City Square Residences, easily one of the largest condominiums in the vicinity (if not the largest), has a wide mix of larger units catering to families, with two-bedroom apartments of 840 to 1,302 sqft, 3-bedroom apartments of 1,195 to 1,830 sqft and 4-bedroom apartments starting from about 1,500 sqft. Even the studio apartments are around 570 sqft.

Another reason for City Square Residences being on the radar of homebuyers of late could also be the opening of City Square Mall, with over 700,000 sqft of retail space and 300 shops, in November. Among the many shops and F&B outlets in the building are an NTUC Fairprice supermarket, a Metro department store and a KopiTiam food court. Developed by City Developments Ltd (CDL), the developer for City Square Residences, the mall is conveniently located right next to the condominium project and linked underground to the nearby Farrer Park MRT station.

The freehold condo project was launched in April 2005 at an initial average selling price of $560 psf, and given its location on the fringe of the city and next to the MRT station as well as a shopping mall, the project had attracted the interest of both owner-occupiers and investors. The project was sold out within months of its launch. Prices have certainly appreciated in the last four years, and transaction prices in recent months have even exceeded the levels seen from 3Q2007 to 1Q2008, at the peak of the property boom. From Nov 13 to 20, three units changed hands in the resale market at $982 to $1,121 psf.

For instance, a three-bedroom, 1,216 sqft 5th-storey unit in one of the two towers changed hands in a resale at $1.23 million, or $1,011 psf, according to a caveat lodged on Nov 17. This was the second time the unit has changed hands in the secondary market. The first time was just a year ago, when the previous owner paid $899,800, or $740 psf, for it. Thus, he enjoyed a capital upside of 36.7% in just a year. The original owner purchased it from the developer in August 2005 for $782,100, or $643 psf, a 15% appreciation.

Meanwhile, a two-bedroom, 861 sqft unit on the 23rd floor of one of the twin towers was sold for $965,000, or $1,121 psf. The previous owner had purchased it for $720,000, or $836 psf, in January when the project was close to completion, enjoying a 34% gain in less than 12 months. The first owner bought the unit when it was launched, for $576,000, or $669 psf, enjoying a 25% capital gain. With amenities like shopping mall and MRT in place, and just a short walk from vibrant Little India, it’s no wonder that prices at City Square Residences have been on the rise.

City Square Residences has a nëw hïgh of $1,297 psf!

City Square Residences
    Address ........................ psf ............... Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    6 Kitchener Link #26-07 .... $1,297 psf .... 570 sqft .... $740,000 .... 19 Jan 10

1½ months later, City Square Residences has a nëw hïgh of $1,306 psf!

City Square Residences
    Address ........................ psf ............... Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    6 Kitchener Link #13-07 .... $1,306 psf .... 570 sqft .... $745,000 .... 9 Mar 10

1 week later, City Square Residences has a nëw hïgh of $1,394 psf!

Why not $1,400 psf? It's just $6 psf away!

City Square Residences
    2 Kitchener Link #21-01 .... $1,394 psf .... 570 sqft .... $795,000 .... 17 Mar 10

1996-1998 repeat tele-cast

a bubble in waiting

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ppty

a bubble in waiting

cheers
    People never learn and the mistakes of others will repeat itself in history again and again. It will forever be the case in time.

Why? simply because they are unaware of the actual risks involved. The equation is balanced as there are winners made after each failure. When there's a winner, there's bound to be a loser. When there's a loser, there's bound to be at least a winner. Winner takes all. Loser disappear until another loser comes along.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

1996-1998?
    1996 => 2010.
    1998 => 2012? OK, still have at least another 2 years to play? So properties can still cheong until at least 2012? Hooray! Let's continue to have fun for now!

Quote Originally Posted by ppty

a bubble in waiting

cheers

City Square Residences has broken the $1,400 psf barrier with a nëw hïgh of $1,402 psf!

City Square Residences
    2 Kitchener Link #19-01 .... $1,402 psf .... 570 sqft .... $800,000 .... 5 Apr 10