Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: City Square Residences (D8, Freehold, by CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by cloudy78
    Thanks... i do get your point...

Was thinking whether the crowdiness would work in the buyer's favour, ie. given 900+ units there I was thinking that would form quite a significant population in that area as well (prob not enough to overwhelm the foreign workers though). If we stick to the original assumption that majority buyers are chinese, would that translate into positive sentiments?
    at $500-600psf, yes that is positive sentiment. at current pricing, now.
    you have to add a 'hardship' discount

my point is no matter how wonderful facilities, grounds or architecture is - they can gild it with platinum for all i care - it is a rose amongst thorns.

with more and more layoffs amongst foreign workers now and down the road, that area will be a melting pot of social instability. i do not insinuate anything, but look at the papers reports on robberies and how the describe the attackers as dark skinned always.

for that same reason, i regret purchasing my johor property back in 07 - great place in the middle of a golf course. but like city square, an oasis in a desert

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    at $500-600psf, yes that is positive sentiment. at current pricing, now.
    you have to add a 'hardship' discount

my point is no matter how wonderful facilities, grounds or architecture is - they can gild it with platinum for all i care - it is a rose amongst thorns.

with more and more layoffs amongst foreign workers now and down the road, that area will be a melting pot of social instability. i do not insinuate anything, but look at the papers reports on robberies and how the describe the attackers as dark skinned always.

for that same reason, i regret purchasing my johor property back in 07 - great place in the middle of a golf course. but like city square, an oasis in a desert
    Bro u have summed up some of my sentiments in a logical humourous way lol

Been to the project , did not like it .. I think 500psf for high floor is the most I would pay .. just for rental , would never stayed there myself

Feb 27, 2009
    Foreign workers demand work

A group of around 100 Bangladeshi migrant workers gathered outside the Ministry of Manpower on Friday. -- ST PHOTO: LAU FOOK KONG
    A GROUP of around 100 Bangladeshi migrant workers gathered outside the Ministry of Manpower on Friday, urging the government to give them work and retrieve overdue pay after they were laid off by shipping firms. A representative for the Bangladeshi workers said they were promised a monthly salary of at least $400 and a work permit of two years. But with no work or pay for four months, they felt they were in danger of being deported.
    'We don't want to go back to Bangladesh. We take loan, we cannot pay, we die,' said Mr Rahman, who gave up his farming job in Bangladesh and took a loan of $7,000 from money lenders back home to pay an agent fee to work in Singapore.
    Fifty workers gathered at the ministry earlier this month.
    Local advocacy group Transient Workers Count Too said such gatherings would become more common in Singapore as workers were not being fed enough and were just sitting in dormitories, amid Singapore's worst ever recession.
    'The mood is that we are seeing a lot of people coming forward - hundreds - they don't have work,' said the group's Shelley Thio. 'We are going to see a lot more of it - they are being shortchanged.'
    Singapore's shipyard, construction and manufacturing industries were once red hot, hiring almost 800,000 migrants in 2007. But as the economy slid into recession last year, demand for labour dived and major projects were cancelled or delayed.
    'If developers can't get money to pay construction companies, subcontractors down the line will get affected too,' said Mr Chew Chin Hui, who heads a local building firm. -- Reuters.

Feb 28, 2009
    'Recession crimes' to rise

SINGAPORE courts are preparing to cope with more criminal and civil cases during this downturn. In 1999 and 2002, when the country was battling recessions, the courts' workload hit record levels.

Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong expects the numbers to spike again. 'Recession brings many social and other difficulties and problems for people in their daily lives,' he noted yesterday, as he rolled out the workplan for the Subordinate Courts at a seminar. 'We must therefore brace ourselves again for an expected influx of cases this year and while the recession lasts.'
    Home Affairs Minister Wong Kan Seng had warned last month about a possible rise in crimes such as theft, vice and loan-sharking; separately, Police Commissioner Khoo Boon Hui expressed worry about white-collar crime.
    Senior Counsel Cavinder Bull said he has already noticed a 'very significant increase' in cases on the civil front, in the form of companies landing in court for winding-up proceedings and insolvency-related litigation. More are also seeking court protection from creditors, asking for time to restructure operations.
    Figures from the Insolvency and Public Trustee's Office have it that 109 firms were forced to liquidate in the last four months of last year, up from 69 in the corresponding period the year before.
    Key to the CJ's plans for the Subordinate Courts is reducing the time and manpower needed for criminal processes.
    Those who can raise money for bail, for example, will no longer have to wait long to get out of remand. Guidelines say the bail process takes a day, but this has been cut down to an hour or so in practice.
    The task of bringing those in remand to court for routine processes such as bail mentions is also being done away with. Video links are now used instead.

Thanks guys... was originally hoping to find something "under-valued", but guess the market is too efficient, so no hope of finding something cheap and good...

Anyway just looking through the ads on iproperty, seems like there are lots of units for sale, albeit at sky high prices (avg 790psf)... seems like it isn't cheap too...

Anyway "good" projects to recommend now? Not for investment but for own stay (although i'm not exactly sure whats the diff... would still like to buy something cheap to stay and hopefully next time can make some for its sale). Any "fairly" priced projects that i should look at?

Default Up or Down or Stay Where they Are?

I'm also looking. Prices aren't falling yet because the downturn has only just hit Singapore. Prices in the UK, Spain, Ireland, USA have been falling for 2 years. Singapore's developers are undertaking rights issues to get more cash-in-the-bank so that they can grab opportunities. Individual property purchasers just need to wait, after all prices aren't going to go up in the next 12 months.

City Square Residences

For RENT! 3 bedroom apartment partially furnished low floor. 1206sqft. Full condo facilities. Immediate. $3k or best offer.

Call 97483857 DWG (already co-broke)
    Last edited by Property Agent; 15-03-09 at 21:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Property Agent
    City Square Residences

For RENT! 3 bedroom apartment partially furnished low floor. 1206sqft. Full condo facilities. Immediate. $3k or best offer.

Call 97483857 DWG (already co-broke)
    anyone interested ? 2270 sqft Penthouse at west, near NUS ... biggest PH in project 7k neg

new dengue strain found in little india...

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_351979.html

Rare dengue on the rise
    Alert for Den-3 virus, which can cause a major outbreak if not contained By Jessica Jaganathan

DENGUE numbers are down but public health officers are on high alert. The reason: An unfamiliar dengue virus has emerged which has the potential to spark a major outbreak.
    Though officials said on Tuesday that they have managed to contain the Dengue-3 virus for now, they are still keeping a close watch on it, as it has not been seen here commonly for some 10 years.
    With low immunity to Den-3 in the population, people are more vulnerable to infection.
    Officials are concerned because cases increased more than three times last November and December, and were found mainly in two areas, sparking fears that transmissions were high and could spread.
    There are four types of the dengue virus, and people who have been infected by any one type are immune to it for life. But that still means that an individual can get dengue fever up to four times.
    In Singapore, two main types of the dengue virus have circulated in the past 10 years: Dengue-1 and Dengue-2, with the latter now predominant.
    Past data shows that outbreaks in 2005 and 2007 were preceded by a switch in the predominant type of dengue virus.
    In the past few months, researchers from the National Environment Agency (NEA) found that the third type, Den-3, had emerged in greater numbers in Little India and Geylang.
    On average, Den-3 makes up about 5 per cent of all dengue cases here. But in November and December last year, it increased to more than 17 per cent.

Landlords at little india die pain pain

I went to see CSR recently. Honestly, the whole place feels very classy. The architecture and facade of the towers are modern & nice. It has a very impressive 3-storey clubhouse. It has a lift there that ferries you to the different levels. The 2nd floor houses the floating gym overlooking the main pool. It also has a games room with a billiard table, & not 1, but 3 karaoke rooms. The 3rd foor is a open terrace with several bbq pits. There is also a level that solely houses the 2-lane bowling alley. I must say the CSR clubhouse is top class, feels just like in a country club. Besides, there are very few condos nowadays that have billiard, bowling & karaoke. I mean, all these are great for family entertainment. Besides the clubhouse, other notable good points are the huge 50m main pool, and a spa pool to rejuvenate youself. Overall the whole place has a upper class feel to it and the facilities are top-notch. Unfortunately, the 2 tennis courts are soft ground. I play tennis and I don't know why is the developer building a soft playground-like compound for tennis courts. Don't they know that tennis courts should be standard hard court in Singapore.

After roming through the whole place, I thought that the land size is pretty decent but not really huge. I thought maybe there should be no more than 400 units for this type of land size. Imagine how shocked I am when I checked and realize that this is a 910 unit development. I am thinking how can this land size accomodate 910 resdents & friends? The facilities in this case are really short-changed for the residents. That's why I really do not like big developers because they only think of maximizing their profits till the last inch of the land space they have. They try to squeeze in a whopping 910 units with the kind of cramped space they have. Amazing, this CDL. Does anyone have the actual land size of CSR? I reckons it should not be more than 200,000 sq feet. To have a 910 unit development, the mall and the park should be part of CSR, so that the whole place will not feel cramped when all 910 units are occupied. An eg of how much the land should be is to look at Costa Del Sol. 906 units but at least it's on huge sprawling ground with minimart, laundry shop & DVD shop.

Now for the location. I want to give an unbiased opinion of this location. The only good point about this location convenience. It is just next to a mega mall with cineplex. This is convenience at its best. And imagine you can just catch a midnite movie and then just go to bed immediately after the movie. Cool. Other than the mega mall & MRT advantage , the rest are all negatives. It is flanked by 2 big main roads, Jln Besar & Serangoon Road, and another road Kitchener Road. Imagine noise level, air pollution, traffic jam. If you don't step out of CSR, it's ok. But once you step out of CSR, wow, what do see? Night-clubs, massage parlours, casket shops, tons of shops selling clothes, phone-cards, imitation goods aka bangkok street. And of course the swamp of people... I do not want to elaborate on this, lest being accused of racist etc. Honestly, you will not be surrounded by these if the location is any good. Of course I don't expect posh condos or landed properties as my neighbours since I am not paying D9, D10 or D11 prices. But at least in mass market heartland condo, I am only surrounded by HDB flats. Not so sleazy at least.

Overall, as in a Chinese saying, CSR is a fresh flower sitting in a cow's dung. It is a classy & stylish property sitting on a undesirable piece of land. If this property is shifted to D9, 10 or 11, it will definitely blends in well with the properties there. Another no-no is the sheer number of units. If only CDL thinks more for consumers instead of maximizing their profits, by halving the total number of units, then we will have a really good property here.

Good for swinging bachelors.

so confirm there's a cineplex in city sq mall???

Quote Originally Posted by raetan
    I went to see CSR recently. Honestly, the whole place feels very classy. The architecture and facade of the towers are modern & nice. It has a very impressive 3-storey clubhouse. It has a lift there that ferries you to the different levels. The 2nd floor houses the floating gym overlooking the main pool. It also has a games room with a billiard table, & not 1, but 3 karaoke rooms. The 3rd foor is a open terrace with several bbq pits. There is also a level that solely houses the 2-lane bowling alley. I must say the CSR clubhouse is top class, feels just like in a country club. Besides, there are very few condos nowadays that have billiard, bowling & karaoke. I mean, all these are great for family entertainment. Besides the clubhouse, other notable good points are the huge 50m main pool, and a spa pool to rejuvenate youself. Overall the whole place has a upper class feel to it and the facilities are top-notch. Unfortunately, the 2 tennis courts are soft ground. I play tennis and I don't know why is the developer building a soft playground-like compound for tennis courts. Don't they know that tennis courts should be standard hard court in Singapore.

After roming through the whole place, I thought that the land size is pretty decent but not really huge. I thought maybe there should be no more than 400 units for this type of land size. Imagine how shocked I am when I checked and realize that this is a 910 unit development. I am thinking how can this land size accomodate 910 resdents & friends? The facilities in this case are really short-changed for the residents. That's why I really do not like big developers because they only think of maximizing their profits till the last inch of the land space they have. They try to squeeze in a whopping 910 units with the kind of cramped space they have. Amazing, this CDL. Does anyone have the actual land size of CSR? I reckons it should not be more than 200,000 sq feet. To have a 910 unit development, the mall and the park should be part of CSR, so that the whole place will not feel cramped when all 910 units are occupied. An eg of how much the land should be is to look at Costa Del Sol. 906 units but at least it's on huge sprawling ground with minimart, laundry shop & DVD shop.

Now for the location. I want to give an unbiased opinion of this location. The only good point about this location convenience. It is just next to a mega mall with cineplex. This is convenience at its best. And imagine you can just catch a midnite movie and then just go to bed immediately after the movie. Cool. Other than the mega mall & MRT advantage , the rest are all negatives. It is flanked by 2 big main roads, Jln Besar & Serangoon Road, and another road Kitchener Road. Imagine noise level, air pollution, traffic jam. If you don't step out of CSR, it's ok. But once you step out of CSR, wow, what do see? Night-clubs, massage parlours, casket shops, tons of shops selling clothes, phone-cards, imitation goods aka bangkok street. And of course the swamp of people... I do not want to elaborate on this, lest being accused of racist etc. Honestly, you will not be surrounded by these if the location is any good. Of course I don't expect posh condos or landed properties as my neighbours since I am not paying D9, D10 or D11 prices. But at least in mass market heartland condo, I am only surrounded by HDB flats. Not so sleazy at least.

Overall, as in a Chinese saying, CSR is a fresh flower sitting in a cow's dung. It is a classy & stylish property sitting on a undesirable piece of land. If this property is shifted to D9, 10 or 11, it will definitely blends in well with the properties there. Another no-no is the sheer number of units. If only CDL thinks more for consumers instead of maximizing their profits, by halving the total number of units, then we will have a really good property here.
    Hearing that it has 900 units you may feel that it is going to be super crowded and noisy. I am staying in a 700 unit condo and on weekends you see no more than 20 people in the 2 pools we have. The facilities that CSR are more than adequate for the residents needs. There will be initial excitement from people shifting in from HDB flats who will be at the pool at the first oppurtunity available and thus may be crowded but give them 6 months and the crowd at the poolside/facilities would fizzle out. So the 900 units are hardly going to be felt.

As for the location how often is one going to go for a walk at the chaotic part of Serangoon Rd. Kitchener Rd itself is very much saner. Residents would most probably frequent the next door mega mall and take a walk to MRT. This is not going to give you that "chaotic" experience that other parts a few hundred metres away are going to give you.

For the price which is only slightly more than a leasehold suburban condo where a train ride to Orchard Rd would take you 30 minutes as compared to 5 minutes from CSR, I would say CSR is the deal of the century. Only racists will not take advantage of this situation who would very much pay the same price for a inferior condo in a inferior location surrounded by people of their own kind. Racists will lose out and non -racists will gain.

I understand that the take up rate of CSR rental units is very good. The units moved much faster than those at The Sail. There are many caucasisnas staying there and I wonder if the caucasians find the location ok why are the local racists making such a big fuss?

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Good for swinging bachelors.
    As Geylang OKT you can also help supply a wider range of girls for them sourced from your own backyard - Geylang

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    Hearing that it has 900 units you may feel that it is going to be super crowded and noisy. I am staying in a 700 unit condo and on weekends you see no more than 20 people in the 2 pools we have. The facilities that CSR are more than adequate for the residents needs. There will be initial excitement from people shifting in from HDB flats who will be at the pool at the first oppurtunity available and thus may be crowded but give them 6 months and the crowd at the poolside/facilities would fizzle out. So the 900 units are hardly going to be felt.

As for the location how often is one going to go for a walk at the chaotic part of Serangoon Rd. Kitchener Rd itself is very much saner. Residents would most probably frequent the next door mega mall and take a walk to MRT. This is not going to give you that "chaotic" experience that other parts a few hundred metres away are going to give you.

For the price which is only slightly more than a leasehold suburban condo where a train ride to Orchard Rd would take you 30 minutes as compared to 5 minutes from CSR, I would say CSR is the deal of the century. Only racists will not take advantage of this situation who would very much pay the same price for a inferior condo in a inferior location surrounded by people of their own kind. Racists will lose out and non -racists will gain.

I understand that the take up rate of CSR rental units is very good. The units moved much faster than those at The Sail. There are many caucasisnas staying there and I wonder if the caucasians find the location ok why are the local racists making such a big fuss?
    The problem with having 900 units is that in the morning, there will be long queue of cars exiting to the 2 main roads. I visited a friend who stays there and imagine at 10pm, it took me 10 min just to get from the gate to Jalan Besar. And we all know how conjested Jalan Besar is during daytime all the way from Eminent Plaza to Sim Lim Sq. Thus my friend is always complaining about the traffic conditions getting out and back to CSR. And mind you, its only 25% occupied with another tower yet to TOP. And please dun ask me to take the MRT just because its within walking distance, i rather not squeeze with so many people and neither do my wife wants to rub shoulders with them as well.

Raetan also rightly pointed out there are just too many sleezy pubs/ bars along Kitchener road. Whenever somebody opens the door of the pubs, loud english/ indian music will be blarring across the streets to CSR. We have also witnessed fights along the 5-foot way outside the pubs numerous times. My wife and daughter also commented that they will only drive or take taxi and will never take public transport and walk back to CSR.

Like you, I also think racists who write off CSR is rather myphoic but there are other -ve points of CSR to worry about. And I did consider getting a studio or smallish 2-bedder for investment. But CSR is not the only condo in Sg and there are many other condos that gives good rental yield and also ease of off-loading where necessary. In a society where 75% is dominated by Chinese, I rather err on the side of caution and go with the masses than choose to follow my own individual preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    so confirm there's a cineplex in city sq mall???
    singaporeexpats.com report on CSR says there is a cineplex. Unless they got the information all wrong? Have anyone confirm with CDL? If do not have a cineplex, then the convenience factor will be minus 50%.

just went over the weekend to the bamboo flooring people at kitchener shophouses opp CSR. my observations:

- very bad traffic even on weekends
    - there are many many construction workers on weekend break along the kitchener road/opp MMustafa stretch, many sitting on the sidewalk just outside CSR having makan

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    As Geylang OKT you can also help supply a wider range of girls for them sourced from your own backyard - Geylang
    Yupz... Geylang is just a stone's throw away.... Right now I am teaching the girls to shake their heads vigorously from left to right.... and right to left....

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    ok it's about $800psf now. $650 is a fair price. i am not an owner, but was previously considering this for rental income, so i did do a little research

conceptually on paper, i think the integrated retail/residential and the huge park/facilities area is good. but that's on paper.

traffic is a mess. illegal parking everywhere, many many trucks and vans loading and unloading stuff at the shophouses and shops opposite. on weekends, there are quite a bit of india indians around the area. thus commercial areas will be invariably catering to them as well - an extension of mustafa if you like. i feel insecure in this development. the gates seem more to keep me in, than others out.

i am not racist, but i do not pretend that when it comes to my living, family and personal space, i will want to live in a locality more like myself, or at least more cosmopolitan, and not be a minority in the locality. going to mustafa and little india to indulge in its food and quaintness on weekends is one thing, living there 24/7 is another. it's like an indian national living right smack in chinatown. i am not a saint, and will not fall for the govt's national integration % ratio diatribe - i'll leave that to the politicians

my home is my castle, not my prison
    I quite agree with your assessment. It will be hard to rent it out to high class tenants, given the surroundings.

I dont have any problems with the race of the inhabitants, its the class that matters. In my condo at East Coast, I got lots of Indian/Chinese neighbours. All directors and other high position holders or business owners. Good for networking and obviously well behaved families.

Citysquare will attract low class gentry. Mostly those Ah Bengs upgrading from HDB. Got Ah Neh outside and Ah Bengs inside to contend with. Real mess. Better to stay away.

Default Good

Quote Originally Posted by jurgen
    I quite agree with your assessment. It will be hard to rent it out to high class tenants, given the surroundings.

I dont have any problems with the race of the inhabitants, its the class that matters. In my condo at East Coast, I got lots of Indian/Chinese neighbours. All directors and other high position holders or business owners. Good for networking and obviously well behaved families.

Citysquare will attract low class gentry. Mostly those Ah Bengs upgrading from HDB. Got Ah Neh outside and Ah Bengs inside to contend with. Real mess. Better to stay away.
    Good what? Where else can you find the best nasi brani, mee goreng, roti prata and curry fish head.

yummy, curry fish head...walking distance!!

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    yummy, curry fish head...walking distance!!
    Yummy, lots of pungents smells too... breathing distance!!

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    Good what? Where else can you find the best nasi brani, mee goreng, roti prata and curry fish head.
    In India of coz, where else? haha

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    The problem with having 900 units is that in the morning, there will be long queue of cars exiting to the 2 main roads. I visited a friend who stays there and imagine at 10pm, it took me 10 min just to get from the gate to Jalan Besar. And we all know how conjested Jalan Besar is during daytime all the way from Eminent Plaza to Sim Lim Sq. Thus my friend is always complaining about the traffic conditions getting out and back to CSR. And mind you, its only 25% occupied with another tower yet to TOP. And please dun ask me to take the MRT just because its within walking distance, i rather not squeeze with so many people and neither do my wife wants to rub shoulders with them as well.

Raetan also rightly pointed out there are just too many sleezy pubs/ bars along Kitchener road. Whenever somebody opens the door of the pubs, loud english/ indian music will be blarring across the streets to CSR. We have also witnessed fights along the 5-foot way outside the pubs numerous times. My wife and daughter also commented that they will only drive or take taxi and will never take public transport and walk back to CSR.

Like you, I also think racists who write off CSR is rather myphoic but there are other -ve points of CSR to worry about. And I did consider getting a studio or smallish 2-bedder for investment. But CSR is not the only condo in Sg and there are many other condos that gives good rental yield and also ease of off-loading where necessary. In a society where 75% is dominated by Chinese, I rather err on the side of caution and go with the masses than choose to follow my own individual preferences.

Once the other road opens up to Petain Rd traffic will flow will improve even with the opening of the Mall. I pass by that place quite often in the morning (8 – 9am) and I hardly see 1 or 2 cars at the junction at Kitchener Link waiting to turn into Kitchener Rd. Half the units are going to he rented out and many to singles / couples who are not going to drive but will depend on MRT. So 900 units does not mean 900 cars coming out at around the same time. The road starting from the junction of Serangoon Rd and Kitchener Rd heading towards Lavender is usually jammed up at night . That is not the only jammed up road in Singapore. If that was the case no one would have paid 4000psf to buy houses in the middle of Orchard Rd (Orchard Residences) where just to make one u-turn depending on which direction you are coming from can take you 30 minutes. Jams are even so common along suburban areas. This is part and parcel of driving on local roads.

There are I believe only 2 pubs directly opposite . There are just as many popular Chinese restaurants in that stretch. Fights are not a daily occurrence and I have not heard of any one being killed or robbed along that stretch. There have been more people killed at Boat Quay/Clarke Quay in fights and condos located near it are yet priced at a high premium. There have been more people killed from fights at neighbourhood coffeeshops than in the whole of Little India. So what if your wife was caught in the middle of a fight in your favourite coffeeshop? She would consider such locations to be perfectly safe? I bet and you and your wife are not afraid of going to Boat Quay or Clarke Quay despite it having so many pubs and witnessing regular fights? Is your wife not afraid of getting into a HDB lift where so many incidents take place regularly?

Basically it all boils down to perceptions . Once you have a bias attitude towards a particular location, it will be very easy to look at all the bad points.

At the end of the day only savvy and non racists will take advantage of such convenient locations.

Let me know when and if ever any resident from CSR gets mugged along Kitchener Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by jurgen

Half the condos there are going to be rented out. With it attracting rents similar to East Coast in general, half the crowd (assuming 50% rented out) is going to be similar to condos in East Coast. People buying into Esta or One Amber at 700-800psf are generally going to be the same class as those at CSR. I suggest you better get out of East Coast and move into Orchard to maintain your class and if you can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    In India of coz, where else? haha
    My favourtite nasi brani, roti prata, mee goreng stall is in Chinatown. Maybe the pork smell emanating from there adds flavour to it.

Quote from another website:

"City Square Residences
    A few point to consider..
    - Near MRT but you can never board it during morning peak hour because the train is too packed to squeeze.
    -It is not really very near to the mrt and you have to cross a very busy road.
    - The City Square Mall beside it may become the next mustafa..
    full of foreign workers and the smell.. reminds me of golden mile complex.
    -How can I feel safe for my child in a area beside Little India and Desker Rd.
    -It is definitely not quiet ...try visit that area during deepavali or weekends."