Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: City Square Residences (D8, Freehold, by CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    bro nav, I stopped posting in skyscraper as well precisely because they like to carry each other's balls. here at least can have open discussion. btw, I thought you owned a unit at newton suites? did you sell it and reinvest in CSR?
    He owns too many units in this current downturn, thus, going crazy wacking everyone that critizes anything that he has vested in. Many brothers in Skyscrapercity know that he is going nuts already.

Nav14 is going extremely personal with his arguments reflecting on the desperate situation he is in.
    Nav14, good luck to you in this current climate.

you need it.
    Last edited by hayata1972; 20-01-09 at 15:25.

Quote Originally Posted by hayata1972
    He owns too many units in this current downturn, thus, going crazy wacking everyone that critizes anything that he has vested in. Many brothers in Skyscrapercity know that he is going nuts already.

Nav14 is going extremely personal with his arguments reflecting on the desperate situation he is in.

you need it.
    Wahahahaha.... he is in deep sheet then

Question

Wa lao, now it is class. Anyway I was just speaking my mind about some of the comments made here, including yours, which I didn't like. It may be frank and perhaps not pleasant to you, but hey, isn't that the reason why you like this forum??

It has nothing to do with race. Whether from China, India, Bangladesh or Indonesia, these blue collared workers are not desired neighbours. They are all equally despised. Go ask those multiracial residents of Serangoon Gardens landed property neighbourhood, they will tell you. The only person making it a racial issue is you.

Secondly, I never wrote anything racist in this forum. I never called anyone ah neh or ah nei.

Thirdly, how do you know what race I am of? I have heard that it is not possible to be considered racist against your own race.

Lastly, we all know that skyscraper forum is politically correct and lame. You will never see any post slamming developers, condos or design or location. So many out of bound markers that I feel like in lala land there. When I want an objective view of a condo and location, skyscraper is not a place I would take advice from.

Why do you think the Centris forum here is dead? Because they have all gone there. Those people cannot tahan objective comments about their condo. They feel like the frank and sometimes unpleasant comments hurt them deeply. They like discussing Centris in a forum where reality is not present and make their condo sound better than what it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by highskies
    Wa lao, now it is class. Anyway I was just speaking my mind about some of the comments made here, including yours, which I didn't like. It may be frank and perhaps not pleasant to you, but hey, isn't that the reason why you like this forum??
    Yes I always welcome your frank comments, and I always reply to your posts directed at me. This is healthy frank discussion and I welcome your frankness and sincerity. That's why you will never see me telling anyone to shut up, even if I disagree with his/her view. I'd rather open it up for discussion. Everybody benefits by being able to see, but not necessarily agree with, each other's viewpoint.

The skyscrapercity way is to totally censor unpleasant stuff. Very Singaporean method, I feel. See no evil, hear no evil, the world will be a happier place. Just like ostrichs do.

you need it.
    Bro hayata, I think it is ok for bro Nav to express his opinions, however warped others might find them to be. Personally I value diversity, as in, even nutters have the right to make themselves heard. I also value diverse viewpoints. Where I differ from those who claim to be multicultural and 'tolerant' towards all cultures is that I do not attempt to shove my opinions down anybody's throat. I express my views, yes, and I like to argue, but I don't expect everyone else to agree with me. Many of these fake liberals are nothing more than politically correct dictators/Nazis.

Will prices here go back to the sale prices at launch?

Bro hayata, I think it is ok for bro Nav to express his opinions, however warped others might find them to be. Personally I value diversity, as in, even nutters have the right to make themselves heard. I also value diverse viewpoints. Where I differ from those who claim to be multicultural and 'tolerant' towards all cultures is that I do not attempt to shove my opinions down anybody's throat. I express my views, yes, and I like to argue, but I don't expect everyone else to agree with me. Many of these fake liberals are nothing more than politically correct dictators/Nazis.
    Haha, ok lah. Btw i still think that CSR is in a very undesirable location. That is of frank opinion.

Happy Chinese New Year to all forummers!

Haha, ok lah. Btw i still think that CSR is in a very undesirable location. That is of frank opinion.

Happy Chinese New Year to all forummers!
    Happy Lunar New Year to all Forummers... just in case this is a mostly indian thread

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    If One Amber is at $700+psf, I reckon City Sq might test $600+psf. Afterall, it just take 1% of the units to be on Fire sale and prices will come down, which might likely happen esp when there are insufficient tenants to fill the many units there.

Heard from a friend in the industry that several potential expat tenants gives the thumbs down after viewing the place. Traffic, noise, undesirable crowd in the vicinity being paramount concern.

Good luck to all Happy Chinese New Year!!

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    If One Amber is at $700+psf, I reckon City Sq might test $600+psf. Afterall, it just take 1% of the units to be on Fire sale and prices will come down, which might likely happen esp when there are insufficient tenants to fill the many units there.

Heard from a friend in the industry that several potential expat tenants gives the thumbs down after viewing the place. Traffic, noise, undesirable crowd in the vicinity being paramount concern.

Correct me if I am wrong. Launch price was around 600psf to 650psf rite?

I i don't remember wrongly, it was $500+psf to $600+ when launched in 2005

I i don't remember wrongly, it was $500+psf to $600+ when launched in 2005
    around $550-560 psf iirc

I know someone who is regretting not selling when the going was good. He got an offer of 1.02m for his 3 bedroom unit, but he wanted 1.05m

The sale did not go through. He is rueing that day and blaming everybody from his agent, his friends to even his wife for giving the wrong advice and being greedy.

If not for the elusive additional 30k, he would have had upgraded his status from being a small time businessman to join the millionaire's club

I know someone who is regretting not selling when the going was good. He got an offer of 1.02m for his 3 bedroom unit, but he wanted 1.05m

The sale did not go through. He is rueing that day and blaming everybody from his agent, his friends to even his wife for giving the wrong advice and being greedy.

If not for the elusive additional 30k, he would have had upgraded his status from being a small time businessman to join the millionaire's club
    Eh.. sgd 1 mil is not a millionaire..
    the avg networth of a millionaire in singapore is usd$4.3mil (if i remember correctly from the wealth report by merril lynch).
    I am one of the avg networth millionaire and i can tell you it feels the same as before.. I guess you need to be in the usd $10mil to actually feel rich...

you need it.
    Hayata = You are the most chilidsh forumer at Skyscraper. One without much grey matter and only thrives by carrying other's balls. The clowns in Skyscrapercity are BB, Shctaw yourself & of course Veru whose balls all of you like to carry.

How do you know how many units I own and if I am in financial difficulty. If you had ESP & smart you would have been a billionaire by now and need not resort to carrying balls.

Go and get a life Hayata. Stand on your feet, be a man and there is no need to carry balls.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Eh.. sgd 1 mil is not a millionaire..
    the avg networth of a millionaire in singapore is usd$4.3mil (if i remember correctly from the wealth report by merril lynch).
    I am one of the avg networth millionaire and i can tell you it feels the same as before.. I guess you need to be in the usd $10mil to actually feel rich...
    For a Geylang OKT, SGD 1 million is a millionaire lah. He does not need much to be satisfied. Simple brains will need minimum $$$ to be happy.

I heard units are being taken up very fast despite the lack of tenants.

Your friend must be a lousy agent

Even if they do, you got money to buy or not. Better stick to Geylang apts = you can do your OKT business from there, No need to contaminate other locations.

bro nav, I stopped posting in skyscraper as well precisely because they like to carry each other's balls. here at least can have open discussion. btw, I thought you owned a unit at newton suites? did you sell it and reinvest in CSR?
    I am still having my Newton Suites and do not own any at CSR though am consideirng it with falling prices. I invest for long term and buy only when I am sure I having holding power even if market crashes.

nav14 sounds like a real desperado

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    For a Geylang OKT, SGD 1 million is a millionaire lah. He does not need much to be satisfied. Simple brains will need minimum $$$ to be happy.
    When you next come to Geylang, I will ask the fat Indonesian chickens at Lor 16 to service you, ok? Soothe your battered ego

I heard units are being taken up very fast despite the lack of tenants.

Your friend must be a lousy agent
    You are talking crap, and way out of your league here

wrong it was 550 plus during the time of Sars - some units even lower
    at 500psf

I forget... when was CSR launched? 2003 or 2005?

Hayata = You are the most chilidsh forumer at Skyscraper. One without much grey matter and only thrives by carrying other's balls. The clowns in Skyscrapercity are BB, Shctaw yourself & of course Veru whose balls all of you like to carry.

How do you know how many units I own and if I am in financial difficulty. If you had ESP & smart you would have been a billionaire by now and need not resort to carrying balls.

Go and get a life Hayata. Stand on your feet, be a man and there is no need to carry balls.
    Wow, the way you talk shows how educated you are... Good for you and don't worry. You can always rent out all your other units cheaply and live in your CSR unit since you like the location so much.

Good luck in this Ox market. You really will need it.

Hi all... not wanting to attract any flames, personally i do think this project is undervalued thereotically, based on location, tenure, etc. But all this of cos is on paper...

Is this TOP-ed already? Can any owner objective state the pros and cons they feel abt this project? After reading through the thread i do have concerns about the crowd (900+ units). Not sure whether the residents in that area will post a concern, will go down to the site this weekend to have a feel...

In the meantime, hope i can revive this thread, and sincerely appreciate objective comments on the project itself. Cheers!

what is the current price psf btw?

recent transacted (from URA) shows 650-850psf... if can get at the lower end of this range sounds good?

ok it's about $800psf now. $650 is a fair price. i am not an owner, but was previously considering this for rental income, so i did do a little research

conceptually on paper, i think the integrated retail/residential and the huge park/facilities area is good. but that's on paper.

traffic is a mess. illegal parking everywhere, many many trucks and vans loading and unloading stuff at the shophouses and shops opposite. on weekends, there are quite a bit of india indians around the area. thus commercial areas will be invariably catering to them as well - an extension of mustafa if you like. i feel insecure in this development. the gates seem more to keep me in, than others out.

i am not racist, but i do not pretend that when it comes to my living, family and personal space, i will want to live in a locality more like myself, or at least more cosmopolitan, and not be a minority in the locality. going to mustafa and little india to indulge in its food and quaintness on weekends is one thing, living there 24/7 is another. it's like an indian national living right smack in chinatown. i am not a saint, and will not fall for the govt's national integration % ratio diatribe - i'll leave that to the politicians

my home is my castle, not my prison

Thanks... i do get your point...

Was thinking whether the crowdiness would work in the buyer's favour, ie. given 900+ units there I was thinking that would form quite a significant population in that area as well (prob not enough to overwhelm the foreign workers though). If we stick to the original assumption that majority buyers are chinese, would that translate into positive sentiments?