Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: City Square Residences (D8, Freehold, by CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by august
    Yes, a friend is staying at those HDB now. And he can't wait for the 5 years limit to reach in order to sell and move out. According to him there are still unsold units in those HDB.

As for CSR, even when the next-door mall is up it just means another mustafa for the largely indentured foreign workers to hang out.

Agreed as mentioned in my earlier post The so called park view for some units... Who do u think hang out in the park there? Haha...

Every owner here should learn the fine art of head shaking, from left to right, and right to left. Repeat x 3

This will help you build rapport with your tenants.

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Every owner here should learn the fine art of head shaking, from left to right, and right to left. Repeat x 3

This will help you build rapport with your tenants.
    Problem with CSR is because of the huge population of bangladashi workers within the area. Nothing to do with race. In fact i wouldn't want to live in a condo with china workers hanging around downstairs... Makes me feel sucks...

Tanjong rhu which i have stayed for 1 year has a majority of NRI, Non-resident indians. They are high class, polite and good neighbours. CSR will have not much NRIs staying there.

It has nothing to do with race. Whether from China, India, Bangladesh or Indonesia, these blue collared workers are not desired neighbours. They are all equally despised. Go ask those multiracial residents of Serangoon Gardens landed property neighbourhood, they will tell you. The only person making it a racial issue is you.

Secondly, I never wrote anything racist in this forum. I never called anyone ah neh or ah nei.

Thirdly, how do you know what race I am of? I have heard that it is not possible to be considered racist against your own race.

Lastly, we all know that skyscraper forum is politically correct and lame. You will never see any post slamming developers, condos or design or location. So many out of bound markers that I feel like in lala land there. When I want an objective view of a condo and location, skyscraper is not a place I would take advice from.

Why do you think the Centris forum here is dead? Because they have all gone there. Those people cannot tahan objective comments about their condo. They feel like the frank and sometimes unpleasant comments hurt them deeply. They like discussing Centris in a forum where reality is not present and make their condo sound better than what it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by highskies
    Hi pple,

Personally although I don't really like the design of CSR, I think the location is great, cos of the MRT, the upcoming mall, the many good food stalls and the colourful vibrant place, including little india.

As for Ahladin's comments about it's not politically correct, I think it is just being polite and sensitive to people. Although I am not Indian, I find it very sad and insulting to hear people in this forum degrading people of other races. Those "nei nei" some of you mentioned are the ones who built your houses and flats we all stay in. Without them, who do you think are going to built your house? You?

This forum should be for people who are interested in discussing property / housing issues. For those who like dissing comments about people of colour, please go somewhere else or be brave to state your name and not hide behind the anonymity of the internet. Thank you.

I think you should stop bragging about giving objective comments..... Everybody have their point of view. If you insist yours is an objective one - then everybody is a Saint here, isnt it?

Unfortunately, the owners only want to hear good things about their project. Why do you think Citylights (a 99LH project) is doing so much better than CSR (a FH project)?

I do not own any unit at CSR but in my view it is the most undervalued condo in Singapore. Mainly because of the biasness of the majority Chinese who form the majority of buyers. I am sure most of the Chinese buyers at CSR are Buddhists or real Christians who tend to be less bias than Taoists. This is very sad but a fact of life.

The location and proximity to amenities is EXCELLENT. If this was Chinatown instead of Little India , it would be selling for at least 1200psf even at today's depressed prices.

Some people here seem to talking through their backsides. They must have never properly ventured into Little India due to their biasness. Most of the Sunday crowds of workers do not congregate at or beyond Kitchener Rd where CSR is located. Some people like Hayata1972 will forever show their stupidity like they do at the Skycrapercity forum by implying that workers will be congregating right at the doorstep of CSR. It is like as if they will all be waiting at the maingate of CSR and waiting to harass the CSR residents. Please WAKE UP lah.
    IN any case the workers are there only for 6-8 hours on Sunday. Hayata should take a walk along Kitchener Rd on normal days and see for which majority race can be found frequenting this road. It is 70% Chinese. 95% of the businesses along Kitchener Rd are Chinese owner iand has Chinese clientele including some very popular restaurants.
    Little India is chaotic just like Chinatown but it is very safe and culturally rich. The caucasians who are less bias know this and that is why you will find quite a number of them staying at Kerrisdale. (Disbelivers should go and staion at the entrance of Kerrisdale & observe for themselves) If they can find Kerisdale suitable I don't see why they will not find CSR even more suitable. If they find staying in this part of Singapore acceptable, I don't see why the Chinese are complaining about.

From an investment point of view, the only disadvantage of CSR is the large number of units which has resulted in its price declining more than expected as it neared TOP. You just need 10 owners out of 910 owners to get scared and they will bring the price down overnight. CSR is unlucky to have its TOP right in the middle of the financial crisis. But once the panic selling is over prices will stabilise. Rents will also suffer as there are too many units chasing too few tenants. Then again look at The Sail. The Sail is a bigger disaster than what CSR would be in terms of leasing.

City Square Mall is already 70% leased out and there was an article on the compostition of the tenants. Despite this you still have clowns here saying that it will turn into another Mustaffa. There will be 2-3 foodcourst with one specilising in Japan food. There will be many restaurants - more than the average mall out there. This alone will be enough to bring the food crazy crowds to CSM. If they don;t mind going to the streets of Geylang and sitting next to hookers as long as they can get a chance to taste their desired food, what is going to stop them from visiting a Mega Mall. If I am the marketing agent, and if I see many shops not being taken up or closing down, I just need to turn it into a food paradise. The bias Chinese will then not care even if they are surrounded by 1000 Bangaldeshis as long as they can eat their food.

As for red light activity, it is almost gone. It is just a one lane where half the brothels have closed shop. The govt is not giving out any new licencs unlike in Geylang. It is dying a natural death as most patrons prefer going to Geyland. You really have to go and look for this lane in order to see the activity and prostitiutes. You drive past Petain Rd and look straight, you will never guess that there is read light activity going on. So how much of a bother will this be to resdients at CSR.

As compared to Citylights, I would say those are fools who are willing to pay a 10-15% premium for a badly designed , HDB looking condo leasehod condo. IT is in such a sterilie and colourless environment. The nice view being enjoyed now and whihc may be part of the reason for the premium will be gone in time to come as the land in front of it gets developed based on the Masterplan.

Only intelligent, savvy and non-bias buyers will buy the most value for money condo in Singapore - ie CSR.

I am also looking at buying a unit there soon for my own stay. Why should I pay 750psf for a condo in the surburbs when I can get a freehold condo which for the same price and which is 5 minutes from Orchard Rd and lcoated next to a Mega Mall.

So put aside your biasness, use your brains and grab the deal of the decade. The Indians are not going to bite you.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    I do not own any unit at CSR but in my view it is the most undervalued condo in Singapore. Mainly because of the biasness of the majority Chinese who form the majority of buyers. I am sure most of the Chinese buyers at CSR are Buddhists or real Christians who tend to be less bias than Taoists. This is very sad but a fact of life.

The location and proximity to amenities is EXCELLENT. If this was Chinatown instead of Little India , it would be selling for at least 1200psf even at today's depressed prices.

Some people here seem to talking through their backsides. They must have never properly ventured into Little India due to their biasness. Most of the Sunday crowds of workers do not congregate at or beyond Kitchener Rd where CSR is located. Some people like Hayata1972 will forever show their stupidity like they do at the Skycrapercity forum by implying that workers will be congregating right at the doorstep of CSR. It is like as if they will all be waiting at the maingate of CSR and waiting to harass the CSR residents. Please WAKE UP lah.
    IN any case the workers are there only for 6-8 hours on Sunday. Hayata should take a walk along Kitchener Rd on normal days and see for which majority race can be found frequenting this road. It is 70% Chinese. 95% of the businesses along Kitchener Rd are Chinese owner iand has Chinese clientele including some very popular restaurants.
    Little India is chaotic just like Chinatown but it is very safe and culturally rich. The caucasians who are less bias know this and that is why you will find quite a number of them staying at Kerrisdale. (Disbelivers should go and staion at the entrance of Kerrisdale & observe for themselves) If they can find Kerisdale suitable I don't see why they will not find CSR even more suitable. If they find staying in this part of Singapore acceptable, I don't see why the Chinese are complaining about.

From an investment point of view, the only disadvantage of CSR is the large number of units which has resulted in its price declining more than expected as it neared TOP. You just need 10 owners out of 910 owners to get scared and they will bring the price down overnight. CSR is unlucky to have its TOP right in the middle of the financial crisis. But once the panic selling is over prices will stabilise. Rents will also suffer as there are too many units chasing too few tenants. Then again look at The Sail. The Sail is a bigger disaster than what CSR would be in terms of leasing.

City Square Mall is already 70% leased out and there was an article on the compostition of the tenants. Despite this you still have clowns here saying that it will turn into another Mustaffa. There will be 2-3 foodcourst with one specilising in Japan food. There will be many restaurants - more than the average mall out there. This alone will be enough to bring the food crazy crowds to CSM. If they don;t mind going to the streets of Geylang and sitting next to hookers as long as they can get a chance to taste their desired food, what is going to stop them from visiting a Mega Mall. If I am the marketing agent, and if I see many shops not being taken up or closing down, I just need to turn it into a food paradise. The bias Chinese will then not care even if they are surrounded by 1000 Bangaldeshis as long as they can eat their food.

As for red light activity, it is almost gone. It is just a one lane where half the brothels have closed shop. The govt is not giving out any new licencs unlike in Geylang. It is dying a natural death as most patrons prefer going to Geyland. You really have to go and look for this lane in order to see the activity and prostitiutes. You drive past Petain Rd and look straight, you will never guess that there is read light activity going on. So how much of a bother will this be to resdients at CSR.

As compared to Citylights, I would say those are fools who are willing to pay a 10-15% premium for a badly designed , HDB looking condo leasehod condo. IT is in such a sterilie and colourless environment. The nice view being enjoyed now and whihc may be part of the reason for the premium will be gone in time to come as the land in front of it gets developed based on the Masterplan.

Only intelligent, savvy and non-bias buyers will buy the most value for money condo in Singapore - ie CSR.

I am also looking at buying a unit there soon for my own stay. Why should I pay 750psf for a condo in the surburbs when I can get a freehold condo which for the same price and which is 5 minutes from Orchard Rd and lcoated next to a Mega Mall.

So put aside your biasness, use your brains and grab the deal of the decade. The Indians are not going to bite you.
    Aiya let us not play the race card. it isn't about which race will bite you. It is about the long term value of the property.

And just about any condo in Singapore you will find caucasians. From far flung CCK to changi. But they don't make the value go up or down.

Buying a property to stay or invest hinges on many factors. So while there are some who find CSR very appealing for a host of reasons, others may not. Fact of life.

Aiya let us not play the race card. it isn't about which race will bite you. It is about the long term value of the property.

And just about any condo in Singapore you will find caucasians. From far flung CCK to changi. But they don't make the value go up or down.

Buying a property to stay or invest hinges on many factors. So while there are some who find CSR very appealing for a host of reasons, others may not. Fact of life.
    So what is going to be wrong with the long term value of CSR? The long term value of CSR will remain depressed as long as Chinese remain the majority buyers.

So what’s wrong with CSR location. IT is 5 minutes from downtown, 3 minutes from MRT and 20 metres from Mega Mall. Other locations with same atributes would be going for 1500psf. It is cheap because it is in LITTLE INDIA. If majority here were Indians, the value would be 1500psf but with majority being Chinese it is 750psf. That is fact of life. Race matters.

The point about caucasians staying at Kerrisdale is how bad can the location be when even caucasians who tend to have even more demanding taste are willing to stay there.
    Because caucasians look at it differently. They do not look at the colour of the skin of the majority frequenting that location. As long as it is safe, and convenient and priced rightly they will grab it. For mostChinese, the only thing that matters is the COLOUR. of the skin

So what is going to be wrong with the long term value of CSR? The long term value of CSR will remain depressed as long as Chinese remain the majority buyers.

So what’s wrong with CSR location. IT is 5 minutes from downtown, 3 minutes from MRT and 20 metres from Mega Mall. Other locations with same atributes would be going for 1500psf. It is cheap because it is in LITTLE INDIA. If majority here were Indians, the value would be 1500psf but with majority being Chinese it is 750psf. That is fact of life. Race matters.

The point about caucasians staying at Kerrisdale is how bad can the location be when even caucasians who tend to have even more demanding taste are willing to stay there.
    Because caucasians look at it differently. They do not look at the colour of the skin of the majority frequenting that location. As long as it is safe, and convenient and priced rightly they will grab it. For mostChinese, the only thing that matters is the COLOUR. of the skin
    To me it is not colour. It is the smell that matter!
    Sorry..! Slap! Slap! I slapped myself left and right.

So what is the point here? Race of course matters, but it is not the only factor. Like I said many many other factors involved.

aiya we can keep saying CSR is undervalued but end of day the market and demand and supply decide. Just don't go blame one race or elevate another (caucasians) for market reality.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    For me the congestion, both vehicle and human, around is a turn off. Driving along the main road has to deal with very un-singaporean road crossing behaviour.

You win lah, you win lah.

actually for those who compare CSR and citylights, 5-8yrs later, which one u think will be more valuable?? I personally find CSR interior and common area are much much better than citylight... But those high floor units in citylights really hv nice view of the kallang bay area...

Went to see CSR last weekend. Given that it is a CDL development, was uttterly disappointed. Quality was poor and choice of colour eg. window frame, finishing was poor. When megamall opens and flops, price will even be more depressed.

Will not buy, there are many better options available.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    actually for those who compare CSR and citylights, 5-8yrs later, which one u think will be more valuable?? I personally find CSR interior and common area are much much better than citylight... But those high floor units in citylights really hv nice view of the kallang bay area...
    Just don't chose those units that overlook Singapore Casket

From the spirited defence of CSR just put up, I must surmise that these folks have become unwilling long term holders of CSR

Just don't chose those units that overlook Singapore Casket
    haha, true... b4 citylights TOP 2yrs ago, many investors also commented tat, opposite HDB, low class shophouses....etc.. When TOP, its rental yield is fantastically high at 7-9%... fengshui??

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    haha, true... b4 citylights TOP 2yrs ago, many investors also commented tat, opposite HDB, low class shophouses....etc.. When TOP, its rental yield is fantastically high at 7-9%... fengshui??
    erks....

The only thing I can smell standing at the perimeter of CSR is the food from the Chinese restaurants. Even if there is any smell as it should definitely still smell better than your backside which you have got immune to.

From the spirited defence of CSR just put up, I must surmise that these folks have become unwilling long term holders of CSR
    Majority who bought CSR bought it for their own occupation - so must be long term lah. It was launched and snapped up when the market was dead and speculation was the last thing on the majority of CSR buyers mind.

YOu also a long term owner of Geylang brothels. Never mind lah can get free f**k everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by wind
    Went to see CSR last weekend. Given that it is a CDL development, was uttterly disappointed. Quality was poor and choice of colour eg. window frame, finishing was poor. When megamall opens and flops, price will even be more depressed.

Will not buy, there are many better options available.
    CSR may not look very nice from a distance but from upfront it looks very elegant. Much better looking than 80% of the new condos being built - definitely more classy looking than HDBish Citylights.
    How you know about finishing. You bothered to go make appts with agts and view the interiors of the units. You were so interested in buying? Soo tell me which units you went to view ? Or as the rest here just making up stories.

Quote Originally Posted by hayata1972
    You win lah, you win lah.
    You better off staying put in Skyscrapercity. All think alike and carry each others ba**s in the property trend thread.

For me the congestion, both vehicle and human, around is a turn off. Driving along the main road has to deal with very un-singaporean road crossing behaviour.
    Depends on when you travel. Most of the time it is ok. Driving on Orchard Rd or Katong near Parkway Parade is even worse - only difference is that you end up seeing more nicely dressed people.

So what is the point here? Race of course matters, but it is not the only factor. Like I said many many other factors involved.

aiya we can keep saying CSR is undervalued but end of day the market and demand and supply decide. Just don't go blame one race or elevate another (caucasians) for market reality.
    Like I said it is undervalued because Chinese are the majority buyers. Due to their biasness the prices get affected and undervalued. If majority buyers were Indians it would be the other way round.

CSR may not look very nice from a distance but from upfront it looks very elegant. Much better looking than 80% of the new condos being built - definitely more classy looking than HDBish Citylights.
    How you know about finishing. You bothered to go make appts with agts and view the interiors of the units. You were so interested in buying? Soo tell me which units you went to view ? Or as the rest here just making up stories.
    I have personally been to one of the 4-bedder there coz a good friend of mine bought it for own stay.

With regards to quality, I would say its about average and like most condos, a lot of rectifications like kitchen carbinets doors, the flooring in all the rooms need to be grinded and varnish again.

Design wise, there is an ugly access window in the living room to the aircon compressors. My friend had to do a sliding wall feature to hide the window. And of coz, the blue tinted windows and grey window frames are downright distasteful, which can't be altered.

One plus point, especially when its for own stay, is the absence of a balcony. Thus the unit is quite spacious in comparison to other current generation of condos. However, considering the surrounding buildings, its not a pretty sight anyway. So no loss there. In fact, I would say forget about getting high floor units, just get a low-floor pool facing unit if anybody still wants to buy CSR.

Facilities not bad, they even have bowling alley and nice landscaping. However if its fully occupied, its going to be a crowded place.

I do agree that indeed if i were to compare a leasehold surburb condo going for 750 psf, I would gladly take this if its 800 psf and below, be it own-stay or for investment. End of day, its still in the city and near to MRT, so there will be no shortage of takers even in a down market. Just that the rental has to be low. Unlike some badly located condos which in a down time, even below $1,500 for a 3-bedder will find no takers.

And yes, lets leave the race issue aside.

bro nav, I stopped posting in skyscraper as well precisely because they like to carry each other's balls. here at least can have open discussion. btw, I thought you owned a unit at newton suites? did you sell it and reinvest in CSR?

Too bad... ang mors just love balconies

Some of the owners are collecting their keys at 3pm today 20 Jan. Agents, go try to solicit business from these owners. Most want to rent out or sell away