Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plot ratio??

Default Plot ratio??

what is the certainty that plot ratio of a piece of land will be changed after 5 years i understand that from the ura masterplan that next review will be in 2013....reason i am asking is that i live in elias green that is surrounded by new devts which are plot ratio at 2.1 but elias green is only at 1.4...is there a chance it will be revised in 2013 and would that increase vakue...ie better enbloc value....tempted to cash out now but the lure of the plot ratio is very strong...

changing of plot ration is not URA first priority...so maybe can dream on....

BTW, what is plot ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Why so?

Why 5-10yr down the line they will change plot ration to 2.1
    And its next to TPE..so won't cause any traffic issues either...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    what is the certainty that plot ratio of a piece of land will be changed after 5 years i understand that from the ura masterplan that next review will be in 2013....reason i am asking is that i live in elias green that is surrounded by new devts which are plot ratio at 2.1 but elias green is only at 1.4...is there a chance it will be revised in 2013 and would that increase vakue...ie better enbloc value....tempted to cash out now but the lure of the plot ratio is very strong...
    ..Building is getting really old and will start going downhill pretty quickly now...

thanks think thats a sell call... ...time to move on...

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    BTW, what is plot ratio?
    in laymans term and in simplest sense it translates to how many units a developer can build on a piece of land....so 2.1 means more units than 1.4 i was looking at the masterplan and realised oasis at elias has a plot ratio of 3 thats why so many units there...hope this helps...i am no guru still learning from the pros...

yup thats what property means to most singaporeans....DREAMS...

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    Why so?

Why 5-10yr down the line they will change plot ration to 2.1
    And its next to TPE..so won't cause any traffic issues either...
    If u buy toys for your boy, pls ensure you also have one for your girl else will end up quarrelling non stop.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    in laymans term and in simplest sense it translates to how many units a developer can build on a piece of land....so 2.1 means more units than 1.4 i was looking at the masterplan and realised oasis at elias has a plot ratio of 3 thats why so many units there...hope this helps...i am no guru still learning from the pros...
    Oh, ic, thank you.

If u buy toys for your boy, pls ensure you also have one for your girl else will end up quarrelling non stop.
    wow thats very deep....

Very difficult leh. My son got his driving licence first, so we bought him a second hand car, he needs it to go to his NTU as it cuts down his travelling time by almost 1 1/2 hr, because he needs to change 2 times buses and still need to walk a long way in. Later my daughter also got her driving licence and also wants a car, how? If buy for her, there wiill be parking problem as our condo only allows 2 cars, buy parking lots from HDB is subject to availability. Moreover she doesn't need to have a car right now because we fetch her to work everyday. Town area parking is so expensive. So she said that we're biased. Very difficult to please own children also.

Talking

Very difficult leh. My son got his driving licence first, so we bought him a second hand car, he needs it to go to his NTU as it cuts down his travelling time by almost 1 1/2 hr, because he needs to change 2 times buses and still need to walk a long way in. Later my daughter also got her driving licence and also wants a car, how? If buy for her, there wiill be parking problem as our condo only allows 2 cars, buy parking lots from HDB is subject to availability. Moreover she doesn't need to have a car right now because we fetch her to work everyday. Town area parking is so expensive. So she said that we're biased. Very difficult to please own children also.
    Haha...jus say vitamin M not enuff afer buying 2nd hand car lor...lol
    Btw ur son so good....shd jus let him stay in the hostel....can noe more babes too...hehe

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Haha...jus say vitamin M not enuff afer buying 2nd hand car lor...lol
    Btw ur son so good....shd jus let him stay in the hostel....can noe more babes too...hehe
    You should consider moving house to a more central location with public transport links. It will save you a lot of $$$ in the long run.

I agree. You should not have bought your son a car. You should have let him stay in the hostel. It would help him to develop independence and hone his social skills. Part of the process of growing up and maturing.

In fact I am against buying cars for kids. After all it's so expensive these days. Let them work for it themselves.

If u dun buy cars, they might get a motorcycle on their own...

These days, girls and boys r quite pampered.

Hmm.... Be near mrt or bus interchange near to schools is good. Ntu folks should get a unit in the west of Singapore.

Best solution, get a driver and do proper scheduling. One car can be used by 2,3 or more persons and save on parking...driver ja gar.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    You should consider moving house to a more central location with public transport links. It will save you a lot of $$$ in the long run.

I agree. You should not have bought your son a car. You should have let him stay in the hostel. It would help him to develop independence and hone his social skills. Part of the process of growing up and maturing.

In fact I am against buying cars for kids. After all it's so expensive these days. Let them work for it themselves.
    We bought a 4 yrs 2nd hand car at $24K (before the COE goes up), but now the 2nd hand car so expensive already. He contributed a certain amount (around $5k) and also paid for his own petrol, insurance, road tax and car maintenance. We are actually staying in the West and if drive to NTU is around 20mins only but by if public transport, will be more than an hour because no direct bus/MRT to NTU. His classmate worst, stay at the East and need to drive to the West for his classes. But he also never think of staying in the hostel.

We are actually staying in the West and if drive to NTU is around 20mins only but by if public transport, will be more than an hour because no direct bus/MRT to NTU.
    Bicycle, perhaps?

We bought a 4 yrs 2nd hand car at $24K (before the COE goes up), but now the 2nd hand car so expensive already. He contributed a certain amount (around $5k) and also paid for his own petrol, insurance, road tax and car maintenance. We are actually staying in the West and if drive to NTU is around 20mins only but by if public transport, will be more than an hour because no direct bus/MRT to NTU. His classmate worst, stay at the East and need to drive to the West for his classes. But he also never think of staying in the hostel.
    i stay in the Far East last time and aso no problem gg to Far West by train and bus everyday back n fro....i oredi so happy got MRT to take....b4 EW line was built...can imagine take how long if u r taking bus(alot of buses no aircon somemore) from east to west....hehe

kids simply too pampered nowadays lah!!!

den his fren aso champion....drive from east to west aso complain!! got car aso complain!!!! how abt those travel from east to west by mrt n buses?

No wonder yng gen complain these n tat bcoz parents give everything b4 they even start work!!! they dun hf to work hard for it....so they expect after grad must be able to afford a car, and once married must hf a house! cannot get den find fault wif govts....blame everybody except themselves

many homes got maids somemore, children dun hf to do hsework at all....no wonder go army must let maids carry their bag! hahaha

i stay in the Far East last time and aso no problem gg to Far West by train and bus everyday back n fro....i oredi so happy got MRT to take....b4 EW line was built...can imagine take how long if u r taking bus(alot of buses no aircon somemore) from east to west....hehe

kids simply too pampered nowadays lah!!!

den his fren aso champion....drive from east to west aso complain!! got car aso complain!!!! how abt those travel from east to west by mrt n buses?

No wonder yng gen complain these n tat bcoz parents give everything b4 they even start work!!! they dun hf to work hard for it....so they expect after grad must be able to afford a car, and once married must hf a house! cannot get den find fault wif govts....blame everybody except themselves

many homes got maids somemore, children dun hf to do hsework at all....no wonder go army must let maids carry their bag! hahaha
    Ya agree, should just give them 2 choice: either stay in hostel or take public transport ( nowadays got MRT, aircon bus, still complaint )

I suppose the boy can save about 1.5 hours a day (? 30 to 45 mins each way) but would they necessarily put this 1.5 hours to good use? Probably spent on the computer social networking or gaming or else texting his friends. It's all about time management. I used to power nap on the bus or do mental revision of my lecture notes or think up strategies for my essays or projects on the bus. There can be meaningful use of time on the bus. After all you don't have to concentrate your mind on driving and parking, so you can put your mind to other uses.

Nowadays, parents got a lot of worries.

1) Let children stay in hostel - worry about them playing too much, neglect their studies, not eating properly and getting themselves/ others pregnant

2) Make them take public transport - worry that they spend too much time on the road, lesser time to sleep and therefore too tired to concentrate on lessons which led to poorer results and cannot top the class

3) Give them a car - worry about their safety when they drive and drink

Etc, etc, etc.......

How come my parents never had so many worries????????

reading with great interest the way parents brought up their kids.
    One frn shared that he gives $200,000 to his three children to cover their uni education, car and marriage. How to manage is leave it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by 5577
    2) Make them take public transport - worry that they spend too much time on the road, lesser time to sleep and therefore too tired to concentrate on lessons which led to poorer results and cannot top the class

Etc, etc, etc.......

As above, TIME MANAGEMENT is the key. I used to envy my friends who stayed near to sch or parents fetched them and I had to take bus bec we stayed quite far away and my mother did not drive. But I was still consistently almost at the top of the class (is second position in the level for the sch considered acceptable?) - and not a neighbourhood sch either. So don't blame it on the commuting.

Rather than complaining about our current generation of Gen Y and worrying for the next generation or Gen Royalty (as I call them), I think it's time we take reflect on ourselves and start taking responsibility in teaching and nurturing our own kids with the right values.

What's the point of complaining about them here when it is the mistakes of their parents who made them the way they are. And yes, it is the mistakes of their parents and not the teachers in the school. (I have heard enough about parents who blames the school, principals and teachers for how badly their children turn out in terms of characters and behaviour.)

Rather than complaining about our current generation of Gen Y and worrying for the next generation or Gen Royalty (as I call them), I think it's time we take reflect on ourselves and start taking responsibility in teaching and nurturing our own kids with the right values.

What's the point of complaining about them here when it is the mistakes of their parents who made them the way they are. And yes, it is the mistakes of their parents and not the teachers in the school. (I have heard enough about parents who blames the school, principals and teachers for how badly their children turn out in terms of characters and behaviour.)
    Totally agreed with you man. If parents don't want to take responsibility of their child's upbringing, then don't have them in the first place. Don't expect others to teach and educate your child when you are not doing it yourself. And yes, never blame teachers on how your child turn out to be. Much of their character and habits are already cultivated and formed before the day they step into primary 1 so don't blame teachers...

Nowadays, parents got a lot of worries.

1) Let children stay in hostel - worry about them playing too much, neglect their studies, not eating properly and getting themselves/ others pregnant

Etc, etc, etc.......

Agree. Nowadays parents are full of worries. 2 children already cause a lot of headache. Last time, 6 children also no problem. My parents also never worry for me, they just provided me with meals and accomodation. They never asked me about friends, school etc.

As times go on, everything change, economy change, life styles also change. Everything is so advance, standard of living so high. When your children are young, you don't see much problem in them, but when they grow up especially when they mixed with bad company, you'll have a big headache. When my children are young, I also give comment to those parents who have problem child that it is the their fault that they never teach their children properly but now I realise that teaching the children is not so simple as what some people would think, some of the things simply cannot be controlled, we can only guide them because they have their own thinking also. If your children are sensible to think, then congratulations, but if your children have problems in behaviour, be more patient with them, things will go back to the right path if the approach is correct.

For those who have no children yet, haha, a long way for you to experience. Good Luck!

Agree. Nowadays parents are full of worries. 2 children already cause a lot of headache. Last time, 6 children also no problem. My parents also never worry for me, they just provided me with meals and accomodation. They never asked me about friends, school etc.

As times go on, everything change, economy change, life styles also change. Everything is so advance, standard of living so high. When your children are young, you don't see much problem in them, but when they grow up especially when they mixed with bad company, you'll have a big headache. When my children are young, I also give comment to those parents who have problem child that it is the their fault that they never teach their children properly but now I realise that teaching the children is not so simple as what some people would think, some of the things simply cannot be controlled, we can only guide them because they have their own thinking also. If your children are sensible to think, then congratulations, but if your children have problems in behaviour, be more patient with them, things will go back to the right path if the approach is correct.

For those who have no children yet, haha, a long way for you to experience. Good Luck!
    u oredi made a mistake by buying ur son a car....its not a matter of whether tat time car is cheap anot....hehe

bopian liao...ur daughter gona 'hate' u for this .....hehehe

actually by buying ur son a car...u tot u can save him the 1hr journey to n fro...but i can tell u tat he will spend more time outside wif frens bcoz he got CAR....hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Totally agreed with you man. If parents don't want to take responsibility of their child's upbringing, then don't have them in the first place. Don't expect others to teach and educate your child when you are not doing it yourself. And yes, never blame teachers on how your child turn out to be. Much of their character and habits are already cultivated and formed before the day they step into primary 1 so don't blame teachers...
    Rather than playing the blame game, I feel that many children and parents will benefit more if they work hand in hand with their school and teachers.

Unfortunately, when bad things happen, the first instinct of many people is to find someone or something to pin the blame on. So it's always the fault of the teacher, the principal, the school, the system, the society but never the child or the parents who are responsible for him/ her.

As times go on, everything change, economy change, life styles also change. ..................now I realise that teaching the children is not so simple as what some people would think, some of the things simply cannot be controlled, we can only guide them because they have their own thinking also. If your children are sensible to think, then congratulations, but if your children have problems in behaviour, be more patient with them, things will go back to the right path if the approach is correct.

Agree that many things will change but I do know that certain values should never change or be left out in the nurturing of a child. Those values will often form the basis of how a child will turn out in future.

Nurturing and teaching a child is NEVER simple. I realise the pain and effort of my parents as I was growing up. It only made me more determine to be a good parent/ mentor/ teacher/ friend to impart the right values, skills and knowledge for them to become decent and useful people when they grow up.

I would say it may be a tad late if you only realise now that it is, as I quote you, " not so simple" to teach children when they are already young adults.

actually by buying ur son a car...u tot u can save him the 1hr journey to n fro...but i can tell u tat he will spend more time outside wif frens bcoz he got CAR....hehehe
    Yesss...and GIRLS. Make sure he doesn't get a girl pregnant or it will be a big headache.

Agreed. sigh....the kids can think a few steps ahead of us and counter argue sometimes also difficult to defend. So when my time comes, I won't buy any of them a car so that can be FAIR.