Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoebox Units: How small is too small?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Doesn't it looks funny?
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-sale-the-luma
    first photo is a baywindow, need to be creative and do some baywindow dressing.

Everything is tiny
    • swimming pool at most can take 2 adults swimming lap
    • children's playground only 2 items for 3-4 kids playing
    • 1 barbecue pit
    • distance between the blocks are very close
    But the unit is nice and spacious enough for a bachelor or young couple

Small project = small pool + bbq pit
    Big project = big pool + bbq pits

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Hahaha! I've discussed this on the forum already. Can get contractor to build an accessible area for a cabinet or something to store your brooms, etc which don't require us to climb over! But must remember cannot block the access to the a/c compressors otherwise sure kana complain if discovered by nosy neighbors!
    Haha, good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-sale-the-luma
    first photo is a baywindow, need to be creative and do some baywindow dressing.
    Hmm, so that's a baywindow. Not too bad er. I thought is a piece of concrete protruding from the window without any support from below, just like a horizontal "T". Actually can treat it like a bench, so if there is any function at home, can save alot of chairs. Also can put a dinning table there, and if there is good view outside, have your meal while enjoying the view, cheers.

Hmm, so that's a baywindow. Not too bad er. I thought is a piece of concrete protruding from the window without any support from below, just like a horizontal "T". Actually can treat it like a bench, so if there is any function at home, can save alot of chairs. Also can put a dinning table there, and if there is good view outside, have your meal while enjoying the view, cheers.
    Yes but the only consideration is there's very little leg room. Just have a table that's overhanging so have larger table plus a little leg space beneath!

saw one showflat made a glass top extension & use it as a study desk, quite nice.

saw one showflat made a glass top extension & use it as a study desk, quite nice.
    Good idea for my next reno.

Hi all, I got a shock when I saw the integrated washer cum dryer in the Luma's link above. It is really fixed to the cabinet and screwed on the washer. Ok, I lives in the mountain and never saw such thing before. So what if the owner wants to change the washer and dryer? Wat would happened to the cabinet?? Have to change the whole cabinet??

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Hi all, I got a shock when I saw the integrated washer cum dryer in the Luma's link above. It is really fixed to the cabinet and screwed on the washer. Ok, I lives in the mountain and never saw such thing before. So what if the owner wants to change the washer and dryer? Wat would happened to the cabinet?? Have to change the whole cabinet??
    Find another washer dryer of the same size and replace within original cabinet.... same for built-in fridge. Becoming more common these built-in appliances can be concealed within cabinets, better use of space, especially for MMs

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Everything is tiny
    • swimming pool at most can take 2 adults swimming lap
    • children's playground only 2 items for 3-4 kids playing
    • 1 barbecue pit
    • distance between the blocks are very close
    But the unit is nice and spacious enough for a bachelor or young couple
    Cool 2M..
    What how much is the rental for these units?

I would rather rent Services appartment.. its much nicer.. bigger pool.. rooms are nice.. and get cleaning service and everything included.. and pool is much much big...

http://www.fareasthospitality.com/sr...rksuites-rates

Never tried but think can get company to negatiate for you.. think can get 20-30% discount for you...

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    Find another washer dryer of the same size and replace within original cabinet.... same for built-in fridge. Becoming more common these built-in appliances can be concealed within cabinets, better use of space, especially for MMs
    Thanks for replying, but the washer is screwed onto the cabinet. When owner replace the washer, he need to screw the new washer to the cabinet?? From the picture, seems like once unscrewed, the cabinet door will give way already.. unless screw on to the new washer. Sorry for such stupid question, but this is reali something new to me.

Thanks for replying, but the washer is screwed onto the cabinet. When owner replace the washer, he need to screw the new washer to the cabinet?? From the picture, seems like once unscrewed, the cabinet door will give way already.. unless screw on to the new washer. Sorry for such stupid question, but this is reali something new to me.
    Integrated fridge quite common but integrated washing mc first time to me too

Is mm unit kitchen always in a open concept design, ie when you open the main door, the kitchen can be seen straight away, there is no wall/glass door to block it.

Quite a number of brands have it in their line up but i don't know whether door will rattle during high speed spinning . Usually the delivery team will help u screw it, the cabinet door i mean.
    http://www.elux.ee/eng/c195633/built-in-washers

Is mm unit kitchen always in a open concept design, ie when you open the main door, the kitchen can be seen straight away, there is no wall/glass door to block it.
    Not just MM units. Some units in new developments like Vista also have the same layout, which put me off when I was searching for a place. My understanding is that this saves space, but I generally prefer a layout where the door opens into the living room rather than the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by propertyguru
    Not just MM units. Some units in new developments like Vista also have the same layout, which put me off when I was searching for a place. My understanding is that this saves space, but I generally prefer a layout where the door opens into the living room rather than the kitchen.
    No good no good....

Quite a number of brands have it in their line up but i don't know whether door will rattle during high speed spinning . Usually the delivery team will help u screw it, the cabinet door i mean.
    http://www.elux.ee/eng/c195633/built-in-washers
    That is Bad... Hmmmm I m thinking should this be a consideration when getting a condo unit. After a few "screw in screw out" the cabinet will spoil liao.

Quote Originally Posted by propertyguru
    because the kitchen is now so visible, it is therefore important that all the appliances are well integrated. hence concealed fridges and washer dryers....

screw or no screw