Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lumos on Leonie Hill (D9, Freehold, Koh Bros & Heeton)

joe Guest

Default The Lumos on Leonie Hill (D9, Freehold, Koh Bros & Heeton)

Two 36-storey towers on Leonie Hill.

34,516 sf of land.

53 exclusive units (1,2,3,4 bedroom apartments and duplexes)

Sizes: 635 sf (1 bed) to 6000 sf (penthouses)
    Attached Files Attached Files

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Re: The Lumos on Leonie Hill (D9, Freehold, Koh Bros & Heeton)

Published April 19, 2007

Two new high-end projects coming up in Leonie Hill area

By UMA SHANKARI

PROPERTY developers Koh Brothers and Heeton Holdings yesterday announced their new high-end project in the Leonie Hill area, saying that they will continue to look for more land sites in the prime districts, both individually and as a team.

The Lumos: The majority of units here will be three and four-bedders of 1,700 sq ft and 3,300 sq ft

The 53-unit The Lumos could be launched at between $2,500 and $3,000 per square foot (psf), in line with prices that apartments in other projects in the area are fetching, the two companies said.

The tentative launch date is set for around the end of next month.

Twelve out of 44 units in Soilbuild's Leonie Parc View have been sold before the project's launch, through private placements to buyers from Hong Kong and Indonesia, sources told BT. The units fetched an average price of $2,700 psf. Apartment sizes range from 2,013 sq ft to about 6,600 sq ft for the largest penthouse.

Leonie Parc View will now be marketed in Indonesia and Hong Kong through roadshows over the next two weekends, BT understands.

For The Lumos, Koh Brothers and Heeton, who each hold a 50 per cent stake, bought the site in April last year for $79.2 million, or about $880 psf per plot ratio including a development charge of about $3.9 million.

'I think now is a good time and we are ready, so we want to launch it,' said Koh Brothers chief executive Francis Koh. 'The property market is quite buoyant and the demand is there,' he added.

However, with the large number of upmarket projects launched lately, there is a need to distinguish The Lumos, Mr Koh said. He aims to do this through the project's 'unique' design and facilities such as a sky garden for each unit.

The 36-storey project will feature iconic architecture evolved from the idea of a chandelier. Units will be equipped with state-of-the art interior fittings to cater to the project's target market.

The designer fittings, as well as the increased price of sand, has pushed the project's breakeven cost to $1,200-$1,300 psf, said Mr Koh.

Units in the project will range from from one-bedders of 635 sq ft to two penthouses of 6,000 sq ft each. The majority of units will be three and four-bedders of 1,700 sq ft and 3,300 sq ft.

The Lumos is the second time that Koh Brothers has joined hands with Heeton. The two companies jointly developed the Sun Plaza shopping mall next to Sembawang MRT station.

And more projects could follow as they could bid for further sites together, said Danny Low, executive director of Heeton Holdings.

Both developers still intend to focus on the prime districts of 9, 10 and 11 for land acquisitions, although they are also interested in mass market sites in suburban areas because of recent signs that the mass market is picking up.

For Koh Brothers, Mr Koh said that with land cost in the Orchard Road area increasingly expensive, the company will look to build up its land bank through sites in the Bukit Timah and Holland Road areas, where there is still a potential upside for prices.

Koh Brothers' stock closed unchanged at 43 cents yesterday, while Heeton's shares fell one cent to close at 71 cents.

Unregistered Guest

Green and futuristic, The Lumos redefines luxurious living

JOSEPH YADAO [email protected]

EVER wanted a spot of green living — complete with a view from the top?

That may soon be a reality if early impressions from the Koh Brothers and Heeton Land project are anything to go by.

The two companies recently revealed the name and concept of their new freehold luxury development on Leonie Hill — The Lumos.

“With our complementary strengths and the good level of understanding we have developed, I believe we can do something very special with The Lumos and I am truly excited about the potential of this development,” said Mr Danny Low, chief operating officer and executive director of Heeton Holdings.

The Lumos is set to be another addition to the evolving Orchard Road skyline. Though not as towering as the Orchard Residences, the Lumos’ twin 36-storey towers aim to stand out as its iconic architecture stems from the idea of a glittering chandelier.

A central zone of vertical Sky Gardens connects the two towers together, enabling every unit to open up onto a landscaped plot of high-rise greenery.

Sitting on a 34,516-square-foot plot of land on Leonie Hill, the Lumos houses 53 exclusive residential units that range from 635-sq-ft one-bedroom apartments to the 6,000-sq-ft penthouses that sit atop of each tower.

The penthouses also come with a rooftop garden as well as a private lap pool.

To tie in with its iconic and futuristic design, the apartments will also be home to state-of-the-art interior fittings to suit the tastes of residents in the cosmopolitan development.

Knight Frank and the Dennis Wee Group, the marketing agents for the development, are confident of a positive reception for the Lumos.

“We believe this luxurious freehold apartment will be highly sought after and the partnership of reputable developers like Koh Brothers Group and Heeton Holdings will further inspire confidence in buyers and investors,” said Mr Dennis Wee, chairman of Dennis Wee Group.

“The outlook for luxury developments in prime locations remains very positive and we have seen recent sales of ultra-luxury projects, like the 99- year leasehold Orchard Residences at Orchard Turn, set new benchmarks for top-end homes with price tags of around $4,000 psf.

Added Mr Peter Ow, executive director of Knight Frank: “The Lumos is set to benefit from this pent-up demand for luxury projects in prime locations.”

The futuristic design and the plush interior fittings all come at a price although it remains to be seen whether the freehold Lumos can match the prices set by Orchard Residences.

At this point, property buyers and analysts alike await the announcement of the project’s launch date and, more importantly, the prices.

Unregistered Guest

Can't decide if this is avant garde or just plain ugly.

andyttm Guest

For those interested. Lumos is launching at 2700 for the lowest floor up. But I still think LPV is a better bet for the same price as the location is much better!

Quote Originally Posted by andyttm
    For those interested. Lumos is launching at 2700 for the lowest floor up. But I still think LPV is a better bet for the same price as the location is much better!
    Pardon me for my ignorance. What development is LPV?

Unregistered Guest

leonie parc view

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down Re: The Lumos on Leonie Hill (D9, Freehold, Koh Bros & Heeton)

Yes, the Lumos is one ugly piece of concrete. Wait till its paint is hit by tropical humidity, then you'll regret why you ever spent money on it.

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: The Lumos on Leonie Hill (D9, Freehold, Koh Bros & Heeton)

Thanks for helping me reply. At this point almost anything you buy will make you money in the long run, the question is which one will make you money faster and is easier to sell. So for that, I still bet on LPV.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Yes, the Lumos is one ugly piece of concrete. Wait till its paint is hit by tropical humidity, then you'll regret why you ever spent money on it.

Thats why I prefer buildings with more glass wall instead of concrete like The light, LPV, The Boulevard, The grange, Reflections, St regis.

Glass wall designs last longer and cleaner. easier to maintain and never look old even 10-20 yrs to come.

For Concrete wall, you have to repaint it ever 5 yrs I think.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Thanks for helping me reply. At this point almost anything you buy will make you money in the long run, the question is which one will make you money faster and is easier to sell. So for that, I still bet on LPV.
    Hi mate I like your confidence in the market, what prices do you foresee LPV hitting in the future.....

Unregistered Guest

By the way what do you guys think about Leonie Studio next door, 2 br units abt 900 sqf going for abt 1.8m, only downside is leasehold status, cheers.

Unregistered Guest

Lumos
    Studio units for sale.
    Only 4 out of 53 units.
    700sqft
    Price range:
    #05-0X - 2.51Mil
    #10-0X - 2.665Mil
    #11-0X - 2.696Mil

Any keen buyers, pls reply via this thread.

Thks

smart investor Guest

What is the expected rental return for unit of this size? Can it fetch more than $8K per month?

Unregistered Guest

May as well stay or buy Metz at much much much lower price, much much much nearer to Orchard, much much much nearer to Somerset MRT station.

Unregistered Guest

Nowadays due to the soaring of prices, rental returns cannot be as fantastic as before.

More towards capital appreciation in future. Although Metz is much nearer to somerset but a lot of investors didn't want to invest on the Metz units feeling that the sellers are asking too much as profit.

No doubt the pricing of Lumos is much costly than Metz, the furnishing that new developments provide sometimes surpass the one previously.

Pro and Con is depend on how you look at it..

Unregistered Guest

Just heard only one of the four studios taken up so far, response not positive as it is overpriced and finishings not as good as expected by potential buyers, looks like they will have trouble selling this condo.....

Default THE LUMOS

Project Name-THE LUMOS(Former HILTON TOWERS)
    Developer-Buildhome Pte Ltd(Koh Brothers / Heeton Holdings)
    Property Type-Apartment
    Tenure - Freehold
    Total Units - 53
    Completion Date - Est 31Dec 2011
    District - 9

1 bedroom / Studio (700sf)
    Duplex (1141 - 3337sf)
    3 bedroom (1755sf)
    4 bedroom (2433sf)
    Penthouse (5662 - 5963sf)

more from:
    http://www.virtualhomes.sg/thelumos

seems like the developer is very agressive in marketing this project now.

Seen the advert on the TV so frequently lately

it seems weird to market something so high end, exclusive and expensive on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    seems like the developer is very agressive in marketing this project now.

Seen the advert on the TV so frequently lately

It was on sale since 2007. Now it is 2011. Amazing that to date not all units are sold.

Desperate .....

No one is even asking them about the prices....

I take these advertisements and so many launches as signs that developers are starting to get wary of the looming supply. Investors who are looking to use future rental to cover instalments better beware.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I take these advertisements and so many launches as signs that developers are starting to get wary of the looming supply. Investors who are looking to use future rental to cover instalments better beware.
    The fear is there for at least 6 mths prior to land sale announcement this week. Their good friend no longer in office make them even more scared.

I saw the floor plan of the 1 and 2 bedroom.

A lot of <90 degree corners. Bad layout

supposed to be "unique". and they sure are unique!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    I saw the floor plan of the 1 and 2 bedroom.

A lot of <90 degree corners. Bad layout

just visited their showroom today, just nice 1 agent was around so we went in to see. This one is a ultimate winner liao. Stand out the condo and u will see the surround balcony , yup surround balcony. Incredible! How this development is going to sell is really beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    just visited their showroom today, just nice 1 agent was around so we went in to see. This one is a ultimate winner liao. Stand out the condo and u will see the surround balcony , yup surround balcony. Incredible! How this development is going to sell is really beyond me.
    Tv ads showing power crystal alike living room windows leh....i tot got the wow factor wor...

U r so frenly oredi.....its actually surrounded by planter box and not balcony! Whahaha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Tv ads showing power crystal alike living room windows leh....i tot got the wow factor wor...

U r so frenly oredi.....its actually surrounded by planter box and not balcony! Whahaha
    HAHAHA, The agent give me 1 KO punch when he tell me the PSF. Yup now that i think back, the showflat did put fake carpet grass on the planter box!!!

they sold some units in 2007 at 3xxxpsf if not more. still trying their luck at this price or higher?

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    HAHAHA, The agent give me 1 KO punch when he tell me the PSF. Yup now that i think back, the showflat did put fake carpet grass on the planter box!!!