Thread: Old News : Actor wild times

Default Old News : Actor wild times

Didn't this guy was rumoured to be PAP election candidate at GE 2011??

http://www.asiaone.com/print/Just%2B...527-67233.html

http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/blank.gifJust Woman @ AsiaOne

Now, I'll only sleep with someone I love

Actor Tay Ping Hui had a wild side to him when he was younger. He revealed that he was a player in his university days, but had his first intimate act with an older woman he was not in love with.

Tue, May 27, 2008
    The New Paper

IN his new TV role, he plays a man dealing with impotence. In real life though, actor Tay Ping Hui, 38, seems to be celebrating his virility.

Some might even think of him as a stud, especially after a recent Q&A feature in Lianhe Wanbao, in which he revealed intimate details of his sex life.

For instance, he admitted to having one-night stands in the past, and that he lost his virginity during his university days.

In an interview with The New Paper on Sunday last week, Ping Hui insisted he was only reacting to the interviewer's questions.

'It's not a confession. You ask me, and if I feel comfortable, I talk. I don't volunteer information.

'I've always been very low key. I don't need to shout (for attention).
    'It's not something I should hide, it's not like I killed somebody.

He added: 'It's something that happened in the past. I'm much older and more mature now.

'I have no regrets about what I did when I was young. It all adds up to who we are now.'

In the Wanbao interview, Ping Hui had said the woman he first had sex with was 'a lot older than me'.

He was quoted as saying: 'I felt like being 'raped', ha ha. It was my first time and I was kind of blur, so she led me along.

NOT DRUNK

'We already knew each other. It's not like we were drunk. We just came out for some fun and then we went back to her house and it just happened.

'We didn't keep in touch or date (after that). We slowly drifted apart.
    'In hindsight, the reason why I said it felt like 'rape' is that I was really too clueless then.'

Yet, he insisted to Wanbao that he's no longer a player - he claimed he doesn't go clubbing any more and he'd only sleep with the woman he loves.

He did admit he's a tease though, telling Wanbao: 'I'm just cheeky, all talk and no action... Say if a girl asks me to help her do something, I might say, 'Give me a kiss and I'd help you'.'

He also added: 'It's a pity that my first time was not with a woman I love.'
    Ping Hui told The New Paper on Sunday that he does not feel the disclosure has dented his image.

'I don't think people look at me differently. People will think whatever they want to. I'll just let my work do the talking.'

But was Ping Hui's sudden revelation a desperate attempt at getting attention?

HONEST & DIRECT

Two industry sources feel he was just being honest.

Radio 100.3's resident sexpert, DJ Anna Lim, felt that Ping Hui's sex confessions would have little negative impact on him, since he is known to be a mature, masculine guy and not wide-eyed or naive.

'He didn't belittle women or anything. Maybe his male hormones were running high, but he's being very honest and direct, which is better than those who are hypocritical.

'I'd definitely welcome him to talk (about sex) on air. If he's willing, a lot of people will want to listen to him.

'And if he wants a kiss, I'd find a pretty girl for him.'

Lianhe Zaobao correspondent Ang Ming Hwa said he was surprised that Ping Hui would broach such a private and sensitive topic, especially when local artistes usually shun the 'S' word.

But Mr Ang felt the actor didn't say anything that was morally wrong.

'Maybe the headlines were a bit sensational, but the content was okay.
    'It's juicy and very bold, that's why I felt surprised initially.

'But when you read on, you find it's no big deal. If it's something he wishes to share, that's fine.'

While Ping Hui has no regrets about being so candid in the interview, he has one small grouse - that Wanbao used the headline, 'Tay Ping Hui: I gave my first night to an old woman'.

'31 or 32 is not old,' he protested.

'I was younger then, so, to me, she was older. Truth is, I never made that remark that she's an old woman. I said she's older than me.'

It was not stated in the article how old his first sex partner was, just that she was 'a lot older'.

Wanbao has since apologised for the mistake and printed a clarification.

Ping Hui will revisit the question of a healthy sex life - or the lack of it - in his upcoming drama La Femme, which opens on Channel 8 on 2 Jun.

He plays a house-husband who discovers one day that he cannot perform in bed any more.

In a trailer shown to the media on Wednesday, he is seen rejecting his wife (played by Ann Kok) in bed three times, until the frustrated woman retorts: 'You don't want, or you can't?'

The role is quite a departure from the usual masculine characters that Ping Hui is known to play - that of a police officer or a doctor.

But he said the TV drama shows his softer side and gives a realistic portrayal of the problem of impotence.

'It's something different. Expect (to see) the subdued side of me,' he said.
    'I can't be too macho, yet I don't want to be too... womanly.

The loss of manhood (in being a stay-home husband) coupled with impotence is already a lethal combination, so I've got to strike a balance and not be any less manly.'

The above article was first published in The New Paper on May 25, 2008.
    Last edited by wenqing; 16-06-11 at 18:15.