Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lakeshore (D22, 99-year Leasehold, by Far East Organization)

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    had been seeing the mention condo advertise for sale for the pass 1 yrs plus.

Is the project 100% sold?
    It's already TOP since 2007.

Year Completed: 2007

Tenure: 99 years

Total Units: 841
    yes..u will continue to see the advertisement.

Default lakeshore interesting info

IN a caveat lodged in March, somebody paid $835 psf for an area of 1,109 sqft!

ths will hot things up a little
    Quote Originally Posted by NICHONG
    IN a caveat lodged in March, somebody paid $835 psf for an area of 1,109 sqft!

Can i get some feedback on whether is Lakeshore worth buying?
    I've been to the show flat recently and my observations are as follows:

Pros - 1) Close to MRT
    2) Good facilities within the condo
    3) Ammenties within walking distance
    4) Strong rental, now 3bdrm still can fetch ard 3.5k (Canadian Sch opening next door, could bring in the rental market)
    5) Jurong makeover happening in the next 5 yrs

Cons - 1) Most expensive condo in jurong area
    2) Congested. Too many units in a small piece of land (Total of 848 units... There will be too many ppl sharing the facilities)
    3) Units of the opposite blocks are abit too close
    4) Units are abit small.
    5) Interior design / Quaility / Finishing not the best.

Comments pls. Tks!

In April, most of the caveats lodged were for below $700 psf

go n buy at 9xxpsf good buy best buy go n buy until pok gai also can go go go....
    Quote Originally Posted by chan_ww

Pros - 1) Close to MRT
    4) Strong rental, now 3bdrm still can fetch ard 3.5k (Canadian Sch opening next door, could bring in the rental market)

2) Congested. Too many units in a small piece of land (Total of 848 units... There will be too many ppl sharing the facilities)
    4) Units are abit small.

Comments pls. Tks!

Pros - 1) Close to MRT

4) Units are abit small.

Comments pls. Tks!
    You listed down on the pros and cons.. & still cannot decide? How old are you?

I'm just seeking opinions on whether is it worth buying... Doesn't mean i need to buy. If you don't have any constructive idea/comments then pls don't waste your energy to post such remarks. BTW how old are u? 18?

Pros - 1) Close to MRT

4) Units are abit small.

Comments pls. Tks!
    Quoted from my own posting on the other thread.

Just share a bit on FEO projects. Throughout property events in my life. I have make good choices as well as bad choices. One of my biggest mistake is getting Regent Grove, FEO project at 425psf from developer. A lot of disappointments and the worse came from the Multi-Storey Carparks. (MSC)

The condo was rented out since day 1 and parted from me for some time but the MSC still haunt me till now. Nowsaday, MSC could be identify and associate with FEO project. Lakeshore, Blue Horizon, La Casa, Hillview Regency, etc, etc, etc.

Why? Compare to basement carpark;

1. Cheapskate Carpark compare to basement. And you dont need ventilation and less light.

2. Use up land space.

3. Tyre drifting sound up the slope.

4. Jamm up at entrance/exit and slope during peak and slow parker.

5. Light shine on ajacent units when on slope.

6. Cramp space.

7. Those without lift have to climb up and down.

8. Those far from MSC will be more walking distance.

9. Those without shelter have to bear rain/shine.

And all these only on the MSC. I haven't went into the workmenship or pricing of the unit, etc. So for me, I won't consider anything with FEO regardless of price or location. I mean, FEO projects can buy one meh?

just me and my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by apple3

Just share a bit on FEO projects. Throughout property events in my life. I have make good choices as well as bad choices. One of my biggest mistake is getting Regent Grove, FEO project at 425psf from developer. A lot of disappointments and the worse came from the Multi-Storey Carparks. (MSC)

The condo was rented out since day 1 and parted from me for some time but the MSC still haunt me till now. Nowsaday, MSC could be identify and associate with FEO project. Lakeshore, Blue Horizon, La Casa, Hillview Regency, etc, etc, etc.

1. Cheapskate Carpark compare to basement. And you dont need ventilation and less light.

2. Use up land space.

6. Cramp space.

And all these only on the MSC. I haven't went into the workmenship or pricing of the unit, etc. So for me, I won't consider anything with FEO regardless of price or location. I mean, FEO projects can buy one meh?

i share the same opinion with you...FEO projects a no no for me..

Quote Originally Posted by 0412
    i share the same opinion with you...FEO projects a no no for me..
    Should we say FEO 99yr LH projects are NO NO. Their newer freehold like Jardin and Floridian looks good, other than the $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Should we say FEO 99yr LH projects are NO NO. Their newer freehold like Jardin and Floridian looks good, other than the $$$.
    Floridian dont construct by FEO. I think Wingtai & Orchard Parade. FEO only marketing. It a good project other than overpricing.

You guys might not have stayed in condo with basement carpark flooded and leaking badly?

Just image the slope going up the condo main exit is flowing in water rapidly and slippery during a downpour?

FEO carparks may not be beautiful but rest assured DBSS carparks by HDB private developers are doing the same.

The choice is always yours...and i think carparks are the least of my concern. Lakeshore carparks are all sheltered and ample parking space. The lifts are at every floor. I went to the showflat many times. One of the better projects by FEO.

Of course every condo has its problem, but the main thing must be location and amenities in the area. Facilities also important. Carparks not a main point.

further add my point you stay in your unit or carparks?

just curious, how many units at lakeshore have been transacted at above 900psf? That should be one of the most expensive projects in jurong west.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Basement carpark is obviously much better than above ground multi-storey carpark, the first and major advantage is because it shield out most noise, and 2 is because carbon monoxide flow downwards and you don't want to be breathing all the carbon monoxide when you are using facilities on ground floor.
    Obviously, some basement carpark are built so badly that water pours in horrendously and there is flooding in the car park (I have seen 1 before), but I have seen much more better built basement carparks that have no such problems. I can't accept above ground multi-storey car park in condos considering that I will be paying so much for the property and I get something meant for HDB flats.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine77
    You guys might not have stayed in condo with basement carpark flooded and leaking badly?

Just image the slope going up the condo main exit is flowing in water rapidly and slippery during a downpour?

FEO carparks may not be beautiful but rest assured DBSS carparks by HDB private developers are doing the same.

The choice is always yours...and i think carparks are the least of my concern. Lakeshore carparks are all sheltered and ample parking space. The lifts are at every floor. I went to the showflat many times. One of the better projects by FEO.

Of course every condo has its problem, but the main thing must be location and amenities in the area. Facilities also important. Carparks not a main point.

Default Lakeshore (D22, 99-year Leasehold, by Far East Organization)

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Basement carpark is obviously much better than above ground multi-storey carpark, the first and major advantage is because it shield out most noise, and 2 is because carbon monoxide flow downwards and you don't want to be breathing all the carbon monoxide when you are using facilities on ground floor.
    Obviously, some basement carpark are built so badly that water pours in horrendously and there is flooding in the car park (I have seen 1 before), but I have seen much more better built basement carparks that have no such problems. I can't accept above ground multi-storey car park in condos considering that I will be paying so much for the property and I get something meant for HDB flats.
    MSC is cheaper to built compared to underground carpark with construction aspect is more tedious...this boils down to profit and cost...

Lake shore also has the highest rental in the west at S$m psf(as stated in URA)
    Last edited by peterng8; 25-07-09 at 11:42. Reason: Lakeshore (D22, 99-year Leasehold, by Far East Organization)

Quote Originally Posted by boonlaysg
    no offence to lakeshore owners...was there last week to recce...u want my honest opinion of this place - here goes..

1. units facing the lake will have massive traffic/MRT noise along Boon Lay Way and the junction. At night can only on aircon to sleep..but no issues..since many of you are rich to on aircon whole day even. is really ironical, serenity of the lake spoilt by the road/tracks..a big WASTE!!

2. units facing each other - too close liao..i did not realise nowadays developers try to make huge profits by building so many units so close to each other. better get all your blinds ready...for those claustrophobic ones, make sure medication is on hand.

3. Multi-storey carpark is a joke..feel like parking in a HDB MSC..not class enough. some units can see carpark also from house..what a let down. why cant they build it below the development..out of sight.

4. Was quoted $800K + for a small 2 bedroom unit...i wondered aloud who in the right mind will pay such a price for such a crappy unit?.

5. pool looks good but too small for so many units, maybe less crowded at public swimming pools..

6. Potential is capped as govt recently released the new plot of land just next to Lakeside MRT..nearer than lakeholmz and dont need to cross the road like Lakeshore. in my opinion, i dont quite get the rationale? the place there is too crowded liao...lakepoint, lakeshore, new devt, lakeholmz...parc vista..wah lao..i suggest they call the new devt...LAKESQUEEZE.. Chinese Garden Area however still got good upside...Parc Oasis and The Mayfair...less crowded..

again above is just my humble opinion... thanks.
    Frankly speaking. I dont think you ever stayed in a condo before...more like a HDB. You so bothered by the carpark go live in one. Since you no money to buy this "crappy unit" why bother to say so much?

Default You are living in a hole!

Lakeshore pool is never ever crowded.

Lakeshore has no parking problem, "VERY" ample lots and space and no rain or shine will touch you. Car wash lots are provided.

Lakeshore has alot of units but not a problem as fees are less than 190 for a 3 bedder.

Lakeshore has no condo to block its view as it is directly facing the lake not like caspian or lakeholmz.

Lakeshore near to markets, branded neighbourhood schools and canadian int sch.

Lakeshore is very expensive, attracting the correct crowd.

Lakeshore has a lot of facilities and well maintained.

Lakeshore very near to M R T!

Lakeshore has a fantastic view of the lake. Especially during moon cake festival.

What more to ask?

The Lakeshore
    Luxury Condominium
    Est Site AREA. 30011sqm = 323000 sqft

Pleasant surroundings, a learning centre, a cultural hub, a sports and recreational area, a marketplace - these are some of the qualities of an ideal healthy environment for physical, intellectual and emotional growth.

Lakeshore is carefully planned to complement its healthy surroundings. Elegant and modern in design, its wide variety of units range from two-bedroom (860 sq ft) to four-bedroom apartments (1,440 sq ft) and maisonettes (1,650 sq ft). Each home is carefully designed to be spatially and functionally efficient with no unnecessary features. Most units are effectively oriented with the desired north-south facing.

Care is taken Care is taken to ensure that each Lakeshore home provides a clean and wholesome environment. In every kitchen there is a water filter providing clean, great tasting and healthy water for drinking and cooking. The air-conditioning system is fitted with an anti-bacterial filtering system to keep the indoor air wholesome. And each home comes with a water generator cum purifier that extracts the freshest water possible from the air.
    In the common areas like the games room, gymnasium and karaoke room, air purifiers using Ultra-Violet (UV) and/or ozone technology reduce odours and overall bacteria levels. UV lamps will also be installed in lifts to function as air disinfectant.

And at the entrances to the clubhouse and lift lobbies, steriliser doormats further keep dust and harmful bacteria at bay.

Lakeshore takes the spa village of Lake Maggiore in Italy as its inspiration. An island spa village is the focal point of its spa amenities. Therapeutic pools with chaise lounges and jacuzzis form the centre of activities on the spa island. Lakeshore is also equipped with all the amenities for a healthy lifestyle – jogging trail, swimming pools, reflexology footpath, tennis, badminton and basketball courts, golf putting green, and fitness stations.

Near to
    Rulang Primary Sch
    Fuhua Secondary Sch
    Future River Valley High
    JE Swimming Complex
    Lakeside MRT
    Canadian Int Sch
    2 Wet & Dry Markets
    NTUC
    Shopping Centres JP, JEC & IMM

Quote Originally Posted by apple3

2. Use up land space.

6. Cramp space.

I think you have mistaken lakeshore carparks like the one in regent grove.

Waste space? The residents of all 10 blocks in lakeshore live on the top of the MSC/basement carparks. Lifts go every floor all the way to resident's units. Sky Gardens are built at the top of MSC. What spaces are wasted?

Your bad experience with FEO regent grove should not be served as negatively on other FEO projects. If lakeshore is so bloody bad, transactions will have gone down and not up...now at 788psf and above. People like you are sprouting nonsense on other projects without concrete proof.

PROS of Basement carparks have limited slots and resident's guests always have to fight it out with residents living there. Sometimes residents can chop spaces and even resort to vandalism for a lot. Basement carparks are nice but impractical. Almost all condo with basement carparks have lots problem this is a very fact. While MSC provided practical uses and designs and more importantly enough lots. Driving around carparks for a lot is indeed pitiful when you have obviously reached home.

Wise up!

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    just curious, how many units at lakeshore have been transacted at above 900psf? That should be one of the most expensive projects in jurong west.
    $900 psf may not be the actual net price if bought directly from developers. If discounts were to be given after the sale/ paperwork....effective price is no longer $900psf.

Seriously, who would pay $900 psf for Jurong West?

Default Lakeshore (D22, 99-year Leasehold, by Far East Organization)

Regent grove how it looks likel, see the website:

http://www.regentgrove.com.sg

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by NICHONG
    $900 psf may not be the actual net price if bought directly from developers. If discounts were to be given after the sale/ paperwork....effective price is no longer $900psf.

Seriously, who would pay $900 psf for Jurong West?
    Just curious.
    Is it fully sold or are they still selling it or have they stopped selling it?

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of July 2008

Project Name .. Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Lakeshore ... OCR ....... 14 ............................... 1,090 ............. 812 ............... 774

Default Fully sold all remaining 160 units in 9 months.

As of Sept 2009. All lakeshore fully sold. Average $825 psf. www.lakeshore.com.sg

Foreign property buyers go outside prime areas
    Districts 9, 10 and 15 still rule, but Novena, Jurong, Balestier pick up
    Joyce Teo
    The Straits Times
    Monday, 16 November 2009

Savills said district 12 - which includes the Balestier (pictured), Serangoon and Toa Payoh areas - has emerged as one of the top new choices among foreigners this year. -- Photo: ST

Foreign property investors are venturing out of traditional prime areas to snap up homes in other parts of the island.

A new study has found overseas buyers have become keen on district 12, which includes the Balestier area and which is associated with karaoke bars and lighting shops.

A Savills Singapore study found that districts 9, 10 and 15 have remained the top spots for foreign buyers over the past three years.

District 9 includes the Orchard and River Valley areas; 15 covers Katong, Joo Chiat and Amber Road, and 10 includes the posh Ardmore area, and the Bukit Timah, Holland Road and Tanglin neighbourhoods.

Districts 11 and 22 have become more popular thanks to the higher number of launches there, Savills said.

In the past three years, there have been at least 30 major launches in district 11 – Novena and Thomson – alone, including Viva, Park Infinia at Wee Nam, and Miro at Lincoln Road.

District 22 – it is centred on Jurong – has hosted launches of The Centris, The Caspian and The Lakeshore.

Savills said district 12, which includes the Balestier, Serangoon and Toa Payoh areas, has emerged as one of the top new choices among foreigners this year.

Its new projects include The Arte, Trevista, Vista Residences, Nova 48, Nova 88 and Domus.

‘These city-fringe projects are near to the city and yet relatively more affordable compared to core central projects,’ said Savills’ senior manager of research and consultancy, Ms Christine Sun.

Consultants say that in district 12, average prices have been lower, at about $900 psf compared with the over $1,000 psf that Novena, only a few hundred metres away, can fetch. However, the gap is closing, partly due to district 12’s increased popularity as well as the small units offered which have a higher per unit asking price.

A closer look at the sales data from the three most popular districts of 9, 15 and 10 shows that most of the foreign buyers came from Malaysia, Indonesia, mainland China and India.

In fact, they accounted for 73.9% of total foreign private property purchases in the first nine months, compared with 59.1% for the whole of 2007 when the market was booming.

A lot of foreigners came to Singapore to buy back then.

Many of the high net-worth buyers from Europe, Russia and elsewhere have not quite returned, property experts said.

But Malaysian buyer numbers have risen by 10% this year compared with 2007, although Indonesian investor numbers have fallen by 4%.

Mainland Chinese buyers are also up 7.4%, while Indian buyers rose 1.1%.

A recent Savills study showed that foreigners, especially those from China, were returning to the market.

Foreigners formed about 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter – above the 19.7% average since the start of 2000.

‘Malaysians and Indonesians prefer prime districts 9 and 10, which tend to be higher-priced projects,’ said Ms Sun.

She added that mainland Chinese and Indian buyers bought more homes in the city fringe and outside of central regions, such as districts 15, 16, 18 and 22.

The properties in these regions tend to be relatively less pricey and more mass market.

Western buyers, including those from Australia, Britain and the United States, tend to congregate in certain districts, such as districts 9, 10 and 15.

The Japanese prefer district 9, while the Koreans are keen on districts 9 and 10, as well as 16, which includes Bedok and Upper East Coast.
    District 9 has the highest concentration of foreign buyers, at 31%.

The other top districts popular with foreigners had a proportion of between 19 and 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    How can price fall when the government just announced 'up grading' of the area and even named it a new district . Even with a additional of a thousand of private apartments coming up it will only push up the value of the whole estate. Be optimistic the future is bright for the NEW Jurong Lake District!
    In all honesty, to buy a property hoping and waiting for government to implement something to increase value of the property, sounds to me like a really bad strategy.

primarily, it must be a place that "if all else fails" it is livable to you and your family. After that, you need to believe that property prices in general will be going up. That is the basis of all purchase.

To buy a property hoping that government will implement policies to help you make money, is like spotting the market man... all analyst will advise you against that...

but this is really my 2 cents worth

Annex A
    Summary of ESC Key Recommendations

Goal
    High-skilled people, innovative economy, distinctive global city

ESC Key Recommendations
    We must achieve higher productivity growth of 2 to 3 percent per year, enabling our GDP to grow on average by 3 to 5 percent per year over the next decade.

Increased productivity is not achieved merely through increased efficiency, but restructuring our economy to provide more room for rapidly growing and innovative enterprises.

7 Key Strategies

6. Enhance Land Productivity to Secure Future Growth
    a. Plan ahead for a new, vibrant waterfront city, size comparable to Marina Bay by rejuvenating existing port land at Tanjong Pagar, after the expiry of the port lease in 2027.
    b. To study, under the Concept Plan 2011, the feasibility of a consolidated port at Tuas in the long term. If feasible, it will increase port efficiency by allowing the port to achieve greater economies of scale in terms of land and operations, and free up existing port land to support new economic activities in the future.
    c. Increase land productivity and inject greater land use flexibility – intensify land use to support new and higher value activities; progressively rejuvenate of mature industrial estates; and adopt greater flexibility in land zoning.
    d. Enhance diversity of business locations to support a range of enterprise needs - introduce new locations for headquarter functions and new industries in Jurong Lake District and Kallang Riverside Precinct respectively.
    e. Invest ahead to create new underground spaces – develop an underground master plan, and create basement spaces in conjunction with new underground infrastructural projects, especially around our transport nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine77

Waste space? The residents of all 10 blocks in lakeshore live on the top of the MSC/basement carparks. Lifts go every floor all the way to resident's units. Sky Gardens are built at the top of MSC. What spaces are wasted?

Your bad experience with FEO regent grove should not be served as negatively on other FEO projects. If lakeshore is so bloody bad, transactions will have gone down and not up...now at 788psf and above. People like you are sprouting nonsense on other projects without concrete proof.

PROS of Basement carparks have limited slots and resident's guests always have to fight it out with residents living there. Sometimes residents can chop spaces and even resort to vandalism for a lot. Basement carparks are nice but impractical. Almost all condo with basement carparks have lots problem this is a very fact. While MSC provided practical uses and designs and more importantly enough lots. Driving around carparks for a lot is indeed pitiful when you have obviously reached home.

Wise up!

denial denial.. people just couldn't swallow critic of their beloved properties.. hahhahahha..

thats why you post in myhometown.sg about lakeshore, defending it so to speak. Too expensive is a weakpoint? oh dear, how? Got swimming instructor, how? hahahhaha..

Go check out FEO projects with other forumers.. do you know the minimum no. of carkpark lot require by regulation a developer has to build? 70% to number of units, my dear. And do you know how many FEO projects just fufill the minimum or 1 to 1? Even Mi Casa is 1 to 1 and of course multi storey carpark.

And since when basecark relate to shortage of carpark lots???
    And when did all buildings shift to the top of the multi???
    And talking about lakeshore, what kind of shit GFA utilisation are we talking about here? Was it over 800 units on that pathetic plot of land? Oh my god.. and how many times do FEO actually need advertise on papers for that same project over and over again?

I could have go on but I reckon you may already has a pretty bad livelihood staying in lakeshore withstanding all the finishings (do you guys even has a decent bathtub in the first place?? or so call "sunken" bathtub instead?) so I guess I better stop here in case aggravating your condition.

Wise up!

Dont worry too much. This forum is as much for slamming other condos as well as promote one's own. Finally the market will decide on what's desirable and what's not. The market will also decide what's the value of the condo.

I know it hurts to have your beloved condo unreasonably criticised . Just track the transactions for your condo & if the prices are going up relatively to other condos in your area, who cares. Just enjoy the fact that there are people who love your condo as much as some who hate it.