Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    So buying Thomson G is like buying toto or 4D. Now buy at $1400 psf then when final plans come out that MRT is right beside, then prices will rise to $1600 psf upon TOP then rise further to $1800 psf when MRT is completed. But if MRT is far far away, then prices may not rise anymore!
    Buying any property at this point in time is like buying toto or 4D. The market can go either way. Can buy only if holding power is strong. You won't be seeing the same rate of capital appreciation as in the past. Not until the Govt should remove the CM esp the SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Buying any property at this point in time is like buying toto or 4D. The market can go either way. Can buy only if holding power is strong. You won't be seeing the same rate of capital appreciation as in the past. Not until the Govt should remove the CM esp the SSD.
    Much as we hoped they will be removed, I seriously doubt the govt will take away those CMs introduced recently. As long as the market remains strong (even the recent report that HDB COV has risen is not helpful), CMs remain and potentially more might be coming!

The ads were not good. Puts people off (Singaporeans) by being so ridiculously ostentatious.

Yes that's the other issue that I have with this devt. Despite supposedly for the rich and well-heeled, you wouldn't believe that it only has a few (?was it 8) more car park lots than the number of units available. The strata houses have their own (but of course it's included in their psf). There are NO VISITOR car park lots. So.....how they expect residents to entertain their guests I don't know.
    they already said is for the rich mah. do u see li ka shing drive? rich has ah mak to drive them around and standby 24/7 so no need car park

$1400 already priced in future MRT which may NOT be there. In short, if got MRT, not much upside. If no MRT, than drop. Near country club is unique selling point? So downside risk greater. Anyway, secali sold out! Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    part of the 1400 psf goes to the full page ads ...
    ya lor. And ? to the property agents? 2 teams of agents trying to sell this devt. Or do they only get paid for the blank cheques and commission on what they sell?

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    they already said is for the rich mah. do u see li ka shing drive? rich has ah mak to drive them around and standby 24/7 so no need car park
    I was going to make that reply. You beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123

meanwhile ...just like in China and HK ...these drivers will be waiting in their cars ... stopped along some inner roads ...in the landed estate ...or anywhere else nearby ..but outside the condo ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    $1400 already priced in future MRT which may NOT be there. In short, if got MRT, not much upside. If no MRT, than drop. Near country club is unique selling point? So downside risk greater. Anyway, secali sold out! Haha!
    I also think this pricing is too ambitious for a fast sell-out. But let us not underestimate the marketing strategy or the agents.

The main selling points are the private lift lobby to each unit (may not be that attractive to you but might be to others eg Hongkies or PRCs) and the good views). And the "grand" clubhouse (again maybe not to our native Singaporean taste but might appeal to ppl from other countries).

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    meanwhile ...just like in China and HK ...these drivers will be waiting in their cars ... stopped along some inner roads ...in the landed estate ...or anywhere else nearby ..but outside the condo ...
    Sin Ming Walk (the road leading to the condo) is a VERY wide road. Plenty of space for them to wait there.

I also think this pricing is too ambitious for a fast sell-out. But let us not underestimate the marketing strategy or the agents.

The main selling points are the private lift lobby to each unit (may not be that attractive to you but might be to others eg Hongkies or PRCs) and the good views). And the "grand" clubhouse (again maybe not to our native Singaporean taste but might appeal to ppl from other countries).
    Lifts may not appeal that great due. The Sunshine at D19 has lift opening into the homes of residents but the resale price of that project was one of the last to rise in that area. Even after NEX mall came along, it's price was still struggling to appreciate! Personally I think personal lift access is cool!

Maybe this might be a good place for the rich tycoons to hide their mistresses/2nd wives. Private lift lobby is good for them. Just swing by in their chauffeur driven cars for a visit. And the mistress is not likely to bump into the first wife here (she would be based in CCR/D9, 10, 11). Hmmmmm........

Someone's having ideas for alternative lifestyle!

Someone's having ideas for alternative lifestyle!
    Maybe there's some things about the way rich HK/PRC tycoons operate that we don't know about. Singaporeans are too "guai".

So is the showflat ready? Need to look at the finishings!

So is the showflat ready? Need to look at the finishings!
    Not yet ready. I think the agent said 2nd July or 6th July was the deadline for submitting the "blank cheques" for the early bird discount before the show room opens. The living/dining will be marble the bedrooms will be timber strips (not parquet). I didn't ask about the rest (was in a hurry to go off).

Not yet ready. I think the agent said 2nd July or 6th July was the deadline for submitting the "blank cheques" for the early bird discount before the show room opens. The living/dining will be marble the bedrooms will be timber strips (not parquet). I didn't ask about the rest (was in a hurry to go off).
    Well, living/dining marble and bedrooms timber strips is what I got for my FH in D19 and 500m from MRT at only $950 psf purchased at beginning of this year! Then again the price have since risen to $1200 psf but still, Thomson G at $1400 psf, I'm not convinced! . I have no mistress to hide!!! Hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    2 words...vested interest...they try to justify their wishes instead of following plain logic. I see some saying TSL diverting to Lentor (?? What about YCK mrt? If there is any to serve there it will be along NSL)

It will have to be along upper thomson, to sembawang, then turn left towards mandai (rem depot is there - there shld be one mandai station so easy access to zoo) - then cut through orchidville towards woodlands.

Bulldozing through blocks of HDBs so some netizens can have their wish (they not only want NSL, NSE but also TSL) is well...

They should have Circle line and EWL spring one branch to their downstep also
    err... I think skyscraper city people are not like that... are you talking about people here? The route they planned is based on information released on tender documents and most of the regulars are not property mad, I think.

It is the other way round lah... people in this forum are the ones with VESTED interest.

It is not that difficult to tunnel MRT through AMK. If you cannot do it in AMK which is an OLD estate with wide roads and walkways, how do tunnel through the city area????

I grew up in TPY when they were building the NS line. I never saw they tore down any HDB to build Braddel MRT near my flat.

Well, living/dining marble and bedrooms timber strips is what I got for my FH in D19 and 500m from MRT at only $950 psf purchased at beginning of this year! Then again the price have since risen to $1200 psf but still, Thomson G at $1400 psf, I'm not convinced! . I have no mistress to hide!!! Hahahaha!
    Yours is a better buy. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    err... I think skyscraper city people are not like that... are you talking about people here? The route they planned is based on information released on tender documents and most of the regulars are not property mad, I think.

It is the other way round lah... people in this forum are the ones with VESTED interest.

It is not that difficult to tunnel MRT through AMK. If you cannot do it in AMK which is an OLD estate with wide roads and walkways, how do tunnel through the city area????

I grew up in TPY when they were building the NS line. I never saw they tore down any HDB to build Braddel MRT near my flat.
    Nobody will know for sure until the station locations are announced. It's all speculation at this stage still.

Nobody will know for sure until the station locations are announced. It's all speculation at this stage still.
    Those who are involved in the decision on the location of the stations will probably have discussed such matters many times over! Maybe can ask people in LTA if they heard anything!

Those who are involved in the decision on the location of the stations will probably have discussed such matters many times over! Maybe can ask people in LTA if they heard anything!
    They are "sworn to secrecy" over TSL, I believe. Brother/sister mantrix has some knowledge of their discussions but better not to press because job may be at stake if leaked out.

Is that so? Anyway, I have never done such a thing in my life (ie hand in blank cheque) and not prepared to do so.
    Done it few times oredi me....seriously no harm one la...i always put in low low offer px range....if exceed my range n 100% of the times it is, den i decide to go ahead anot lor....

Buy new launches advantage is u get to buy ur choicest choiced units....if not y pay more compared to resale n goto wait 3-4yrs....

So if u dun submit chq, u will not get the best stack n high flr unit.
    Even during downturn, aso goto submit chq n rush down...wharf res and lucida for eg. caspian and mi casa also....for mi casa, i refused to submit chq n ended up cannot get any high flr park facing units...anyway no regret bcoz px din increase much...hehe

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Done it few times oredi me....seriously no harm one la...i always put in low low offer px range....if exceed my range n 100% of the times it is, den i decide to go ahead anot lor....

Buy new launches advantage is u get to buy ur choicest choiced units....if not y pay more compared to resale n goto wait 3-4yrs....

So if u dun submit chq, u will not get the best stack n high flr unit.
    Even during downturn, aso goto submit chq n rush down...wharf res and lucida for eg. caspian and mi casa also....for mi casa, i refused to submit chq n ended up cannot get any high flr park facing units...anyway no regret bcoz px din increase much...hehe
    So you submitted a cheque with a low offer and not one that is blank for the agent to fill up for you? I usually only submit one that is a low offer and if accepted, I'll be happy. If not, I'll decide again!

So you submitted a cheque with a low offer and not one that is blank for the agent to fill up for you? I usually only submit one that is a low offer and if accepted, I'll be happy. If not, I'll decide again!
    Submit blank chq but sign tne authorisaton form lah which will indicate ur comfortable px range....

Submit blank chq but sign tne authorisaton form lah which will indicate ur comfortable px range....
    Thx for clarifying!

Quote Originally Posted by wind30

those guys base it on the tentative names suggested as well the distances between the stations. If they run a line along upper thomson, they'll be missing the areas they suggested and they'll not be aable to achieve the objective of a station within 10mins of every home going forward.

What happens if there's more than one person who had the same unit as their first choice? Bidding war? Ballot?

What happens if there's more than one person who had the same unit as their first choice? Bidding war? Ballot?
    No need to ballot. Just call both parties and ask them to counter offer. Whoever offers higher wins! Ballot means no increase in price of unit. Developers want so just out-offer can liao!

No need to ballot. Just call both parties and ask them to counter offer. Whoever offers higher wins! Ballot means no increase in price of unit. Developers want so just out-offer can liao!
    ***faints*** this is the way the "blank cheque" method works? Thanks for explaining.

Obviously it's a long time since I bought a unit direct from developer.

Not really true. The Transport Minister (previous) had already stated that the Thomson Line would serve Sin Ming. This development is in Sin Ming area. That area is not a big place therefore there is likelihood that there will be an MRT within 1km. The favoured location (according to forums) is beside Bishan Park Secondary School which is within a 5 to 10 minute walk of this development. I believe the developer will provide a shuttle bus to the current MRT station (?Bishan) for the first 18 months. You can double check with the agents. The showflat is not ready but the temporary marquee they set up to market the development was FULL yesterday and agents were grabbing chairs like nobody's business. There is an early bird discount of 4.5 to 5.5%.

I think this development is not bad for own stay but rental returns is a question mark. The 2 bedders will have a nice view of the reservoir. The 3-bedders are mainly golf club views. Take note that management fees are quite high esp for the strata houses. And you have to maintain your own private jacuzzi.

There were quite a number of people who handed in blank cheques but I am not sure what will be the actual take up rate when the final pricing is announced.
    Think price is too steep for the project to be sold at $1.4kpsf
    If I compare it with The Arte...

TG vs Arte:
    - LH vs FH
    - 1400psf vs 1250psf
    - Uncompleted vs Just TOP
    - Beside Upper Thomson vs Beside Thomson Rd
    - Shuttle to Bishan MRT vs Shuttle to Novena MRT
    - 15mins to Orchard cum ERP vs 7mins to Orchard with no ERP via CTE or Thomson Rd
    - Suburban vs City Fringe