Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    CANNAS HO? Is she very ganas????

spelling error

should be Caninas

This reminds me of The Vision...

This reminds me of Mexan Harbor Hotel in HK overlooking a port!

Agents are Huttons and CBRE right? got pretty ladies???

by the way, Thomson 800 high floor can also see reservoir mah....
    FH and near MRT.... much cheaper....

Agents are Huttons and CBRE right? got pretty ladies???

by the way, Thomson 800 high floor can also see reservoir mah....
    FH and near MRT.... much cheaper....
    agree. just put in another 100k for ID and it is like new.

99LH at outskirts without future MRT and near temple would be a tough sell at $1400psf. I heard this area will never get MRT right? Even the thomson line is unlikely to come here. Anyone care to comment?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    1400 psf for that location , somemore 99 LH ...

can sell 1 unit is already an achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    99LH at outskirts without future MRT and near temple would be a tough sell at $1400psf. I heard this area will never get MRT right? Even the thomson line is unlikely to come here. Anyone care to comment?
    Not really true. The Transport Minister (previous) had already stated that the Thomson Line would serve Sin Ming. This development is in Sin Ming area. That area is not a big place therefore there is likelihood that there will be an MRT within 1km. The favoured location (according to forums) is beside Bishan Park Secondary School which is within a 5 to 10 minute walk of this development. I believe the developer will provide a shuttle bus to the current MRT station (?Bishan) for the first 18 months. You can double check with the agents. The showflat is not ready but the temporary marquee they set up to market the development was FULL yesterday and agents were grabbing chairs like nobody's business. There is an early bird discount of 4.5 to 5.5%.

I think this development is not bad for own stay but rental returns is a question mark. The 2 bedders will have a nice view of the reservoir. The 3-bedders are mainly golf club views. Take note that management fees are quite high esp for the strata houses. And you have to maintain your own private jacuzzi.

There were quite a number of people who handed in blank cheques but I am not sure what will be the actual take up rate when the final pricing is announced.

So which view would you prefer, golf view or reservoir view?

I mean walking distance to MRT which seems impossible. If need to take shuttle bus to MRT, then its a discount already. One thing about Cheung Kong is it is really bad in design and architecture. Is this catered to the China taste? Why the the 6 buildings lining up in a line with little thought and so close to one another? Makes the place seem so cramped. Surely they can do something better to blend better with the landscape?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Not really true. The Transport Minister (previous) had already stated that the Thomson Line would serve Sin Ming. This development is in Sin Ming area. That area is not a big place therefore there is likelihood that there will be an MRT within 1km. The favoured location (according to forums) is beside Bishan Park Secondary School which is within a 5 to 10 minute walk of this development. I believe the developer will provide a shuttle bus to the current MRT station (?Bishan) for the first 18 months. You can double check with the agents. The showflat is not ready but the temporary marquee they set up to market the development was FULL yesterday and agents were grabbing chairs like nobody's business. There is an early bird discount of 4.5 to 5.5%.

I think this development is not bad for own stay but rental returns is a question mark. The 2 bedders will have a nice view of the reservoir. The 3-bedders are mainly golf club views. Take note that management fees are quite high esp for the strata houses. And you have to maintain your own private jacuzzi.

There were quite a number of people who handed in blank cheques but I am not sure what will be the actual take up rate when the final pricing is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    So which view would you prefer, golf view or reservoir view?
    Personally I would prefer reservoir view. But only the 2 bedders and one stack of 3 or 4 bedders (stack 18) have good reservoir views. Stack 18 is the best stack for the view (has both golf and reservoir view). But is not released. I think they would save the best for later and release at a higher price. That stack is also nearest to the main road (and close to the school). Upp Thomson Rd can get quite noisy on the high floors.

I think for a single person or couple with one kid, the 2 bedder is nice for own stay (and to get the kid into Ai Tong sch). They released stacks 2 and 5 for these. The morning reservoir view should be spectacular and the 2 bedders are facing north-west so will not be as hot as the 3 and 4 bedders which have more of a westerly facing. If I have such a family size, I wouldn't mind the 2 bedder. There's no space for a maid's room.

I mean walking distance to MRT which seems impossible. If need to take shuttle bus to MRT, then its a discount already. One thing about Cheung Kong is it is really bad in design and architecture. Is this catered to the China taste? Why the the 6 buildings lining up in a line with little thought and so close to one another? Makes the place seem so cramped. Surely they can do something better to blend better with the landscape?
    If the Thomson Line MRT is next to Bishan Park Secondary School, it will be within walking distance. But the station location is not finalized yet. Although the forum members in Skyscraper forum strongly favour this location. Currently there is no MRT within walking distance.

I think the development is catered to China/HK taste. If you don't like that "grand" look, then it's not for you. The Clubhouse is supposed to be fashioned after the Faberge egg.

I see a lot of comments on the Thomson Line. Seems like everyone has the idea it can anyhow cut here cut there to serve the densest communities with most voters.

Unfortunately, Thomson line HAS TO follow the path of the instrastructure - pls bear that in mind

Thanks for the clarification. But I've heard other speculation that says the station won't be near. My sentiments - looks like this is clearly catered more to the PRC taste with grand chandeliars, even the name "GRAND" gives it away.

If the Thomson Line MRT is next to Bishan Park Secondary School, it will be within walking distance. But the station location is not finalized yet. Although the forum members in Skyscraper forum strongly favour this location. Currently there is no MRT within walking distance.

I think the development is catered to China/HK taste. If you don't like that "grand" look, then it's not for you. The Clubhouse is supposed to be fashioned after the Faberge egg.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    agree. just put in another 100k for ID and it is like new.
    not jus ID....goto change doors, pipings, water heater, wiring....lots of hacking needed to restore back to brandnew condition

wiring and leaking pipes big headache for me.....u will understand y if u r using MIO package from singtel....old tel line will keep dropping ur connection.........rusty water pipes....leaking pipes in ur bathrooms.....concealed pipes leaking and sweating within ur walls.....

tats create an irony for concealed wiring n pipes unlike older HDB whrby u see exposed pipes which makes replacement much easier and much less hacking needed

tats only within ur unit which u can change up to 80% of the wiring n pipes...certain area cannot access and u cant change 100% of ur pipes n wiring.....so how abt common area....ur old lift.....old swimming pools....crack tiles.....old equipment in the gym.....old clubhse.....got billard table but so old and useless.....carpark got leaking etc.....and tats not within ur control...repair work may take a long process as it involve sinking fund

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    I see a lot of comments on the Thomson Line. Seems like everyone has the idea it can anyhow cut here cut there to serve the densest communities with most voters.

Unfortunately, Thomson line HAS TO follow the path of the instrastructure - pls bear that in mind
    I also felt that it should follow the path of the infrastructure and that they cannot anyhow tunnel under many blocks of HDB flats. That would seem logical to me. But the forum members of skyscraper forum are very strong in their belief that the stations should be in the areas with the most HDB population. To the extent of demolishing blocks of HDB flats to site the MRT station right in the middle of Kebun Bahru.

I would have though it made more sense from the engineering point of view to route it along Upp Thomson Road rather than cut through heavily built up areas. And being in the middle of AMK/Kebun Bahru would make it rather close to the NSL>

i quite like their siteplan design n concept leh....but i dun like their interior layout

I also felt that it should follow the path of the infrastructure and that they cannot anyhow tunnel under many blocks of HDB flats. That would seem logical to me. But the forum members of skyscraper forum are very strong in their belief that the stations should be in the areas with the most HDB population. To the extent of demolishing blocks of HDB flats to site the MRT station right in the middle of Kebun Bahru.

I would have though it made more sense from the engineering point of view to route it along Upp Thomson Road rather than cut through heavily built up areas. And being in the middle of AMK/Kebun Bahru would make it rather close to the NSL>
    2 words...vested interest...they try to justify their wishes instead of following plain logic. I see some saying TSL diverting to Lentor (?? What about YCK mrt? If there is any to serve there it will be along NSL)

It will have to be along upper thomson, to sembawang, then turn left towards mandai (rem depot is there - there shld be one mandai station so easy access to zoo) - then cut through orchidville towards woodlands.

Bulldozing through blocks of HDBs so some netizens can have their wish (they not only want NSL, NSE but also TSL) is well...

They should have Circle line and EWL spring one branch to their downstep also

u mean the show flat not yet ready ?? then what's the point of heavy advertising in the papers ? I'm surprised.... HK developers usually very good at marketing.. how can this happen ? Justin Chiu better watch ur back ..

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    2 words...vested interest...they try to justify their wishes instead of following plain logic. I see some saying TSL diverting to Lentor (?? What about YCK mrt? If there is any to serve there it will be along NSL)

It will have to be along upper thomson, to sembawang, then turn left towards mandai (rem depot is there - there shld be one mandai station so easy access to zoo) - then cut through orchidville towards woodlands.

Bulldozing through blocks of HDBs so some netizens can have their wish (they not only want NSL, NSE but also TSL) is well...

They should have Circle line and EWL spring one branch to their downstep also
    I think it would be easier for TSL to be built along Upp Thomson and safer for the high buildings not to have major tunnellings under them. I remember one of the Ministers comments something along the line that future MRT stations may not necessarily cater to the HDB but also to landed housing estates. I hope the current Minister will not suddenly change tack to boost his popularity in the next election by doing what the netizens want and planting the MRT right in the middle of densely populated Kebun Bahru which as another forum member here has said does not have much spare land in the centre of it (and too near the existing NSL too).

If going along Upp Thomson Road, perhaps Thomson Grand might have a chance of a station within walking distance too. There is a plot of land at the junction of Upp Thomson and AMK Ave 1 and also at Venus Road (leading to SICC). The agent was somewhat hinting to me about the possibility of a station at the Upp Thomson/AMK Ave 1 junction but I pooh-poohed the idea as the netizens did not support this location at all.
    Last edited by chiaberry; 27-06-11 at 13:12.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    u mean the show flat not yet ready ?? then what's the point of heavy advertising in the papers ? I'm surprised.... HK developers usually very good at marketing.. how can this happen ? Justin Chiu better watch ur back ..
    It's their marketing strategy. Now giving early bird discount. 4.5 - 5.5% can add up to a lot when the 2-bedders are going at around 1.4mill. They said when the show flat is up, NO MORE EARLY BIRD discount. That is their gimmick haha.

i thought there were reforms recently to prevent agents collecting blank cheques??

i thought there were reforms recently to prevent agents collecting blank cheques??
    Is that so? Anyway, I have never done such a thing in my life (ie hand in blank cheque) and not prepared to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Saw the pathetic ads in the papers last Friday. So funny, I wanted to laugh. Disgustingly snobbish for the rich and shameless. For a while, I thought it was an ad by SICC. You mean living close to SICC is a privilege meh? I do not see any mention of their facilities or how good the project is. Only how good SICC is.

They want to give the impression that because of SICC, the area is full of rich and well heeled people; the creme de la creme of Singapore; the Elites... Ha ha. The rich play in SICC, but live in Bt Timah, Holland and other more central areas.

The last joke was the mention of the proximity to the MRT. Rich people got take or be bothered by MRT meh?

I wonder how many carpark lots this project has. Rich people usually own up to 5 cars per family. ha ha..

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Saw the pathetic ads in the papers last Friday. So funny, I wanted to laugh. Disgustingly snobbish for the rich and shameless. For a while, I thought it was an ad by SICC. You mean living close to SICC is a privilege meh? I do not see any mention of their facilities or how good the project is. Only how good SICC is.

They want to give the impression that because of SICC, the area is full of rich and well heeled people; the creme de la creme of Singapore; the Elites... Ha ha. The rich play in SICC, but live in Bt Timah, Holland and other more central areas.

The last joke was the mention of the proximity to the MRT. Rich people got take or be bothered by MRT meh?

I wonder how many carpark lots this project has. Rich people usually own up to 5 cars per family. ha ha..
    The ads were not good. Puts people off (Singaporeans) by being so ridiculously ostentatious.

Yes that's the other issue that I have with this devt. Despite supposedly for the rich and well-heeled, you wouldn't believe that it only has a few (?was it 8) more car park lots than the number of units available. The strata houses have their own (but of course it's included in their psf). There are NO VISITOR car park lots. So.....how they expect residents to entertain their guests I don't know.

The ads were not good. Puts people off (Singaporeans) by being so ridiculously ostentatious.

Yes that's the other issue that I have with this devt. Despite supposedly for the rich and well-heeled, you wouldn't believe that it only has a few (?was it 8) more car park lots than the number of units available. The strata houses have their own (but of course it's included in their psf). There are NO VISITOR car park lots. So.....how they expect residents to entertain their guests I don't know.

take MRT ...

I wonder what the SICC has to say about the ads. A disproportionate amount of ad space is devoted to SICC. It would appear that they endorse this project and it's snob appeal. I don't think the SICC mgt is happy with it.

Wah piang, if I live here, I am upper class because of SICC. Then what if I live at Hedges Park, near Changi Prison.

For all we know, SICC might be in some way not displeased with the ads. I understand they are trying to sell Term Memberships. This is indirectly free advertising for them right? A full page ad in our papers does not come cheap.

So buying Thomson G is like buying toto or 4D. Now buy at $1400 psf then when final plans come out that MRT is right beside, then prices will rise to $1600 psf upon TOP then rise further to $1800 psf when MRT is completed. But if MRT is far far away, then prices may not rise anymore!

For all we know, SICC might be in some way not displeased with the ads. I understand they are trying to sell Term Memberships. This is indirectly free advertising for them right? A full page ad in our papers does not come cheap.
    part of the 1400 psf goes to the full page ads ...

So what attraction does this project offer to buyers? Any innovative and outstanding features or themes that run in this project that appeals? At $1400 psf, it better offer something!