Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 510152025262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    The brands for the fixtures are on the propertylaunch website link.

From the floor plan, the units don't look as spacious as the floor areas given would suggest. As mentioned earlier, I wonder if the balconies and private lift lobby eats up the space. Everything looks small - living/dining, bedrooms, tiny bathrooms, tiny kitchen.

I believe the private lift lobby and yes even the lift itself also gets counted towards the floor space. They are shown in individual floor plan

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe whatever that is shown on plan is inclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by lufu
    I believe the private lift lobby and yes even the lift itself also gets counted towards the floor space. They are shown in individual floor plan

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe whatever that is shown on plan is inclusive.

The Developer and Agent confirmed. Only the lift lobby is counted towards floor area but not the lift.

Still thinking to myself if this is a good buy

A 2nd floor 2 bedder can be transformed into a dual key unit with separate exit to the stairs for the "studio".

there were rumours that some houses along upp thomson were given notice to enblac for the Soo Chow station and Sin Ming station will be next to BishanPark Condo....

If this is true, Thomson Grand will be a good buy!

Hmm so thomson grand undervalue?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    If this is true, Thomson Grand will be a good buy!

Even if it's true. Thomson Line will not ready until 2018 and construction hasn't even started

51 more (that's a lot!) sold in feb at 1305psf median.

They should say a big thank you to FEO and their watertown. They helped to convince the buyers why they should spend 1300psf on their project.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    They should say a big thank you to FEO and their watertown. They helped to convince the buyers why they should spend 1300psf on their project.

Between TG and Watertown which is a better buy?

TG
    Private lift
    Mid level Mass Market
    Developer claim the lobby is a 6 Star Hotel Lobby (unverified)
    Developer claim they uses high quality finishing and spectacular club house (unverified)
    Sin Ming Station (God know where!!)
    Thomson Plaza
    Thomson Area
    Reservoir and Greenery view

WT
    Shopping and Shopping
    Waterway
    Huge MM development
    MRT integrated
    Lots of Pool

If this is for own stay, and if you really , really, really, have to buy new now,
    for me, it will be Thomson Grand.

To me, the Upper Thomson area is a much better location than Punggol. Look around the area , who has more business activities, shops, leisure activities, trees, parks ? Punggol is almost exclusively HDB town, with nothing but only HDB blocks. One shopping center is not going to change its signature.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    If this is for own stay, and if you really , really, really, have to buy new now,

To me, the Upper Thomson area is a much better location than Punggol. Look around the area , who has more business activities, shops, leisure activities, trees, parks ? Punggol is almost exclusively HDB town, with nothing but only HDB blocks. One shopping center is not going to change its signature.
    Recent survey revealed that average monthly household income of residents staying in Punggol is about $9000, way above the national average and most matured towns like Bedok. This place has the potential of many HDB upgraders in years to come, if developers would dare to venture. WT is one great example...

Having said that, I'd still prefer TG coz it has that extra feel of class, imo...

Quote Originally Posted by amk

was slightly tempted by the current discount and the unblocked greenery + reservoir view. friend who live there said the air is fresh and windy most times due to the huge nature reserve in the centre part of Singapore all the way to Bt Timah.

but decided against it and hope to see some price correction. 15-20% would be nice.

Hopefully another 51 new investors/flippers just bought in Feb.

was slightly tempted by the current discount and the unblocked greenery + reservoir view. friend who live there said the air is fresh and windy most times due to the huge nature reserve in the centre part of Singapore all the way to Bt Timah.

but decided against it and hope to see some price correction. 15-20% would be nice.

You need to wait 4 years for those 51.

if u must enjoy fresh air and still want FH, just buy Flame Tree then....

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    if u must enjoy fresh air and still want FH, just buy Flame Tree then....
    But the lift lobby don't smell new mah. Lol.

The unblocked greenery and reservoir view will be nicer than the longkang and swimming pools @ WT. If the speculation for the MRT is correct, it will be a short distance to the MRT. Bishan Park is short walk away. The popular SAP school Ai Tong is within 1 km.

With the prices of the more recent launches, TG is looking like a good buy after all.....at least you don't have to drive through seas and seas of HDBs to get to it.

It is much more central in location than Punggol and the links to other parts of Singapore will be further improved by North-South expressway and the new road cutting through Caldecott parallel to Lornie Road.

The unblocked greenery and reservoir view will be nicer than the longkang and swimming pools @ WT. If the speculation for the MRT is correct, it will be a short distance to the MRT. Bishan Park is short walk away. The popular SAP school Ai Tong is within 1 km.

With the prices of the more recent launches, TG is looking like a good buy after all.....at least you don't have to drive through seas and seas of HDBs to get to it.

It is much more central in location than Punggol and the links to other parts of Singapore will be further improved by North-South expressway and the new road cutting through Caldecott parallel to Lornie Road.
    The attributes of TG is getting better by the day. I was quite keen to get a 3 bedder but cannot come to terms with the direct west sun...at one point of the day, the sun will blaze through the entire unit.

The golf course cum bkt timah hill view is fantastic. But yes, you need to be able to accept the west sun.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    The golf course cum bkt timah hill view is fantastic. But yes, you need to be able to accept the west sun.
    west sun is no joke...trust me

I don't know why they didn't orientate the units North-West instead of direct West. The North-West orientation is still not so bad (like some of the rooms in Flame Tree). Because of the strong winds, it's not as hot as you would expect for those living on high floor. The view of the reservoir and Bukit Timah Hill in the morning will be fantastic. But do note that the traffic noise can be quite intense on the high floor west-facing units too.

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    west sun is no joke...trust me
    Agree. Try reaching home to an oven. You can try switching on your conventional oven and open it to feel the heat...... it's the same heated air drifting out from the oven.

I checked the plans again. The condo units are not directly west-facing. They are north-west, almost north-facing and the other facing is south-east/south. Go look at the plans to double confirm.

Don't be over-awed by the private lift lobby. It is at the expense of toilet/bathroom space. I saw that apart from the master bedroom, there doesn't seem to be another decent bathroom in the 3 and 4 bed units. In fact for the 4 bed units, one of the toilets is in the kitchen. That brings memories of HDB toilets. That is one disappointing feature of the Thomson Grand 3/4 bedders.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    The attributes of TG is getting better by the day. I was quite keen to get a 3 bedder but cannot come to terms with the direct west sun...at one point of the day, the sun will blaze through the entire unit.
    Compared to those LH OCR projects at the prices done, I rather buy this... but the west sun is a big problem. My old place was northwest facing. For about 6 months in a year, I got sun in half of my rooms... in the hottest month during mid year. Quite terrible then. for the other 6 months, I get only about 25% of the room with the sun shining in and it is slightly better as the weather is cooler these time of the year.

True north south facing aso can get partial sun during certain period.....

Ya lor. A bit of sun won't die lah. Better to have west sun and nice view than no sun and no view. Might as well stay at dungeon. If so scared of west sun then take west sun lower floors lor. Or invest in curtains. And also I think very few houses is 100% west facing. So if you're more northwest, you will only get the sun half of year if u understand what i mean. Similar for NE and SE.

And if u stay landed, NSEW all kena. And I really think not a big deal. Also unless u stay in those corridor-style condo like a long corridor facing same direction for every room, its unlikely every room window face same direction right? I hate corridor condos - long and narrow.

Frankly, I hate east sun more. I like to sit in balcony and enjoy lazy breakfast during weekend and east sun will not allow that. to each his own. And east sun shine in in the morning when I'm at home lazing around....

Has anyone seen the new Bishan Park with the mud longkang river? Can't believe our government spent S$1 billion on this muddy fake river. Darn ugly - $1 billion for this.....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    True north south facing aso can get partial sun during certain period.....
    Last edited by Wild Falcon; 19-03-12 at 12:12.

I checked the plans again. The condo units are not directly west-facing. They are north-west, almost north-facing and the other facing is south-east/south. Go look at the plans to double confirm.

Do you mean the 2 bedroom units or 3 bedroom?
    They seem to have different orientation

From experience NW better than SW. I had one property that is NW facing. In that unit, only get the sun from Oct - March which is the cooler and rainy/cloudy period of the year. From April - Sep hottest period, my unit doesn't get the sunlight coming in AT ALL. Even in Oct, the sunlight only streams in slightly. My neighbour is SW facing and gets the afternoon sun from April - Sep, i.e. the hottest period.

Do you mean the 2 bedroom units or 3 bedroom?
    They seem to have different orientation
    You're right. I was referring to 2 bedders. They seem to have the best facing. Also well posiitoned to be further away from the main road (and noise that comes with it) and nearer to the potential new MRT which is speculated to be in that empty plot of land beside Bishan Park Sec Sch.

The 2 bedders also seem to have more of a water view as opposed to the 3 bedders which are more westerly facing and have more of a tree and golf course view.

What's the current pricing for 2 bedders? These might have some potential if the MRT does indeed come to fruition in that location. It's quite a nice place to live. A nice jog or walk to Bishan Park. Only bug bear is that I think I remember the maintenance charges are quite high......

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Any property don't even need to face West to experience that heat-scorning and releasing experience at night. Any wall of your house that may be subjected to West sun is already hot enough! The air-con must be really powerful to cool the room! (Curtains are just plain useless!). I got real bad experience with these for my previous property and never again will any of my house's wall face the West sun! (not to mention windows!).
    If you are the type that enjoy 24-hours air-con, West sun and good view is good for you. Otherwise, rather have no view than see West sun!

Real funny that it is first time I heard people say hate east sun and like west sun? Never mind, anyway Fengshui theory says "Avoid West sun!". Fengshui is always there regardless of whether you believe or not....

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Ya lor. A bit of sun won't die lah. Better to have west sun and nice view than no sun and no view. Might as well stay at dungeon. If so scared of west sun then take west sun lower floors lor. Or invest in curtains. And also I think very few houses is 100% west facing. So if you're more northwest, you will only get the sun half of year if u understand what i mean. Similar for NE and SE.

And if u stay landed, NSEW all kena. And I really think not a big deal. Also unless u stay in those corridor-style condo like a long corridor facing same direction for every room, its unlikely every room window face same direction right? I hate corridor condos - long and narrow.

Frankly, I hate east sun more. I like to sit in balcony and enjoy lazy breakfast during weekend and east sun will not allow that. to each his own. And east sun shine in in the morning when I'm at home lazing around....

Has anyone seen the new Bishan Park with the mud longkang river? Can't believe our government spent S$1 billion on this muddy fake river. Darn ugly - $1 billion for this.....