Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3813182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Ai ya, developer just want to earn as much $ as possible. Anyway, market paint the same picture. So many units snapped up. Of course she can talk big now.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    based on what she said ...

does it mean that if they spend loads of money to build a LUXURIOUS condo in say Marseiling ...since there hasnt been any high end condo there at all ... then it will NOT BE MASS MKT ?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    You have to look at her HK parentage. CK is known to be able to create *different* segments within the *same* locality in HK. It's trying the same here. HK is a *very* snobbish society (no offense to any HKers here.. hey I have relatives there). Such segmentation within the same locality works. In HK, CK (and SHK) projects are always differentiated from the others, as being "grander", "higher class". Such concept works so far. In SG, the concept of "I'm higher class than you even if I live in the same area, my place is grander" has just been tested at the Vision. And it seemed to work. So he sees snobbishness also sells in SG market. Therefore "let's do it again".
    if Vision is sold at 2-3k psf than i say it is tested, truth is vision is sold at 1k psf which is nothing to crow about ~

Quote Originally Posted by august
    truth is vision is sold at 1k psf which is nothing to crow about ~
    vision sold out at 1k whereas its immediate neighbour was only doing 6xxpsf. I think it's tested. snobbishness sells.

2k psf ? come on, u r exaggerating. the key of selling on snobbishness is that: it still must be within reach. The key is to make you feel superior and yet just within your affordability limit.

At least they don't build 320 sq ft and sell you at 2k psf.

if Vision is sold at 2-3k psf than i say it is tested, truth is vision is sold at 1k psf which is nothing to crow about ~

Purely from the snob perspective: Next time your friend asks you where you live, would you rather reply "Upper Thomson" or "Nassim"? If your reply is "Upper Thomson", don't forget to stress "Thomson Grand" hor.

But then, 10 years from now, nobody will remember what is Thomson Grand all about, but Nassim will always remain a prestigious address.

Agree. 2k is going too far. Might as well say 6k psf record in Singapore history.

vision sold out at 1k whereas its immediate neighbour was only doing 6xxpsf. I think it's tested. snobbishness sells.

2k psf ? come on, u r exaggerating. the key of selling on snobbishness is that: it still must be within reach. The key is to make you feel superior and yet just within your affordability limit.

But they will be staying in a much nicer home for 10 years. Of course, they won't have a prestigious address and that is why it is 1330 psf rather than 3110 psf. CK also clever. Spend a bit more on showflat (can reuse somemore), spend 100 psf more on each unit and sell you 500 psf more. If it is sell-able, then they will continue this strategy. Vision also same outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Purely from the snob perspective: Next time your friend asks you where you live, would you rather reply "Upper Thomson" or "Nassim"? If your reply is "Upper Thomson", don't forget to stress "Thomson Grand" hor.

But then, 10 years from now, nobody will remember what is Thomson Grand all about, but Nassim will always remain a prestigious address.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    But they will be staying in a much nicer home for 10 years. Of course, they won't have a prestigious address and that is why it is 1330 psf rather than 3110 psf. CK also clever. Spend a bit more on showflat (can reuse somemore), spend 100 psf more on each unit and sell you 500 psf more. If it is sell-able, then they will continue this strategy. Vision also same outcome.
    But, look at their adverts. Aren't they selling prestige, next to SICC and all?

In truth, this project appeals to a different class of people, those who likes the quietness and serenity this location offers, as opposed to the more noisy and happening city area. There are those who can afford $5k psf for huge units but decides to stay where it is maybe less convenient but certainly more quiet but must meet basic standards of deco and condo prestige which matches his status, so TG fits that every well. This is a precedence which will spill over to the new launch at Bishan... Here $1400 psf, there will maybe hit average $1600 psf.

Agreed. People without budget limit do NOT need to feel superior. They ARE superior.

correct, but wat does Vision's 1k psf get u in terms of fittings and finishing etc? likewise wat does thomson grand comes with? so wheres the snob appeal? it is just priced high thats all

2k psf on the other hand is quite justifiable if developer throws in the best of the best in design, fittings, finishing, facilties etc.. then u have snob appeal & can say this is truly a luxurious development albeit at a non-prime location. but u see the developer doesnt dare to try this haha

put it another way, say u buy a 3 room HDB for $200k and then spent another $400k on renovation and best finishings possible. i bet it will be the most luxurious HDB ever.. & is there snob appeal? i am inclined to think so

A. I'd like to emphasise that this is not a mass market project — the finishes we offer are definitely not those of a mass market project. We have marble flooring, European kitchen appliances, and chandeliers in the bathrooms. So I don't think it's fair to compare Thomson Grand's prices with those of a mass market project
    not enough ?

marketing must look at the target audience. if one cannot tell the difference between a birkin and a kelly, then there is no need to promote kelly at all. LV is enough.

actually my main point is: in SG, snob appeal sells.

correct, but wat does Vision's 1k psf get u in terms of fittings and finishing etc? likewise wat does thomson grand comes with? so wheres the snob appeal? it is just priced high thats all

2k psf on the other hand is quite justifiable if developer throws in the best of the best in design, fittings, finishing, facilties etc.. then u have snob appeal & can say this is truly a luxurious development albeit at a non-prime location. but u see the developer doesnt dare to try this haha

put it another way, say u buy a 3 room HDB for $200k and then spent another $400k on renovation and best finishings possible. i bet it will be the most luxurious HDB ever.. & is there snob appeal? i am inclined to think so
    You can have the best and most expensive fittings in an apartment in Geylang Lor24, can you feel snobbish about it? I am not sure.

On the other hand, you can certainly feel snobbish about living in the most sparsely furnished and fitted basic apartment in Nassim.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    You can have the best and most expensive fittings in an apartment in Geylang Lor24, can you feel snobbish about it? I am not sure.

On the other hand, you can certainly feel snobbish about living in the most sparsely furnished and fitted basic apartment in Nassim.
    So end of day still is location and address lor. hence commence of OCR vs CCR argument.

other than finishing, i think if one wants to claim prestige and grand, the rooms should not be sized for hobbits. SPACE AND FINISHING. 3 bedroom 1800 sqft with high end finishing is grand in my opinion. Not put few stabs of marble and 1 chandler in toilet = grand.

If location is the first requirement for class and snob, then TG already lose out in it therefore they opted for the second requirement, which is finishing which they did pretty well so yes, its classy in the same district, not cross districts!

It's all down to the basic ego of bragging rights. Only that many people can afford an address at Nassim. So for those who can't, and want a location of their second choice, they'll just choose a place that they are very familiar with, and get a premium fitted apartment.

haha true also.. geylang is tough

108 sold in July ! See I told u snob appeal always works.

How's the sale coming along in August?

108 sold in July ! See I told u snob appeal always works.
    And repent for 10yrs....whahahaha

The townhse got higher chance of survival as psf is pretty low. Euhabitat townhse selling for 900psf! Big big mispricing for tat project as their normal units r selling for 9xxpsf only!

Those who bot the townhse at the vision, congrats to u

However, clustered housing is totally different ball game! Bcoz foreigners r not eligible and singaporeans wud prefer true landed over clustered!

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    So end of day still is location and address lor. hence commence of OCR vs CCR argument.

other than finishing, i think if one wants to claim prestige and grand, the rooms should not be sized for hobbits. SPACE AND FINISHING. 3 bedroom 1800 sqft with high end finishing is grand in my opinion. Not put few stabs of marble and 1 chandler in toilet = grand.
    How about Interlace? This I must say is one of the better projects...it's more than grand

this thread has been so quiet since the initial hoo-ha.

14 more sold in aug at 1314psf median.

THOMSON GRAND 17 Sin Ming Walk #11-08 1 126 Strata 1,560,941 12388 1151 31-OCT-2011 Condominium 99 Yrs From 08/02/2010 Uncompleted New Sale Private 20 57 573913 Central Region Bishan

Cheap??

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    THOMSON GRAND 17 Sin Ming Walk #11-08 1 126 Strata 1,560,941 12388 1151 31-OCT-2011 Condominium 99 Yrs From 08/02/2010 Uncompleted New Sale Private 20 57 573913 Central Region Bishan

Cheap??
    Not cheap at all buddy.....I'd rather The Meadows, free hold and not beside the temple...

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmillineum
    Not cheap at all buddy.....I'd rather The Meadows, free hold and not beside the temple...
    1.5mil i will buy East Coast resale...kekeke

Default Thomson Grand @ Upper Thomson (District 20, 99 Years Leasehold)

Thomson Grand @ Upper Thomson (District 20)

(Visit www.CondoExpert.sg or call Jonathan @ 8100-8004 for more information!)

Summary

Developer :
    Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd (Chueng Kong Group)
    Est. TOP :
    End 2015
    District : 20 (Upper Thomson)
    Est. Quantum Price : From $1.3+ Mil Up
    No. Of Towers : 9
    Tenure : 99 Years
    No. Of Storey : 20
    Site Area : 224,314 sqft
    No. Of Units : 361
    Main Orientation : North-east/ South-west
    Units Composition : 2,3,4 Bedrooms
    Distance to MRT : Marymount MRT
    Buyers Eligibility : Locals/PRs/Foreigners
    Payment Scheme : Normal Progressive
    Primary Schools within 1km :
    Ai Tong Primary School

Unit Types and Sizes

(No. of Units - Size (sqft))

2 Bedrooms
    108 - 904 to 1044

3 Bedrooms
    170 - 1347 to 1421

4 Bedrooms
    34 - 1658 to 1733

3 Bedrooms Garden unit
    10 - 1507 to 1765

4 Bedrooms Garden unit
    2 - 2067 to 2099

3 Bedrooms Penthouse
    10 - 1572 to 1647

4 Bedrooms Penthouse
    5 - 1787 to 2314

4 Bedrooms + 1 Family Room (Strata)
    20 - 5102 to 5447

4 Bedrooms + 1 Family Room (Strata)
    2 - 6135 to 6566

Total Units :

Facilities

Basement Carpark

Swimming Pool
    Lap Pool and Spa Pool
    Multi-purpose Hall
    Massage and Spa Room
    Floating Island Deck Clubhouse
    Jacuzza
    Golf Simulator
    Children Play Area
    Putting Green
    Themes Garden Gymnasium
    Club Lounge
    Waterslide
    Sun Deck
    Meditation Deck
    Reflexology Corner

Clubhouse

Swimming Pool

Lounge

Street Map

Visit www.CondoExpert.sg or call Jonathan @ 8100-8004 for more information on Thomson Grand as well as for other new launch condos!

another 23 units sold at median price of 1269psf. cleared the 50% of project sold mark.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    another 23 units sold at median price of 1269psf. cleared the 50% of project sold mark.
    See how they settle the remaining 50%..

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    See how they settle the remaining 50%..
    They just take their time to build and slowly sell as they are not subjected to the 5 year completion rule. Inflation is their friend and maybe some CMs will be removed. Next two progressive payments are only slated at the end of 2012 and 2013, probably done with CM 4 in mind.

Interesting story near this development.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ang_Mo_...ame_Ang_Mo_Kio