Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819202122232833 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Seriously I doubt KBW would do something like this to discourage foreign investments in our land. Just when the country can boast its international standing as the highly preferred destination for foreigners to park their funds, they are doing something like that to compromise their standing??? Hmmm.... maybe not.
    Totally agree with you man. If he impose this, then confirm stock market and property plunge overnight lol.... I think the writer just trying to talk down the market... Where is yournsource boss?

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    99LH only, Another 20 buyers will bite this weekend....
    Meadows@peirce, flame tree park and even Hong Heng Mansions huat ar

Dleedon huat ah.. Only 15% more... Let's see how the sales is doing for this weekend launch of phase 2

July home sales numbers could surprise on the upside. I noticed more sell listings this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    But that one got no view. This one got view and grand finishing. No mrt and no hdb malls better. Grand living not meant to mix with hdb crowd. Got exclusive thomson plaza and golf course view. Unique boutique shops and restaurants along upper thomson and thomson roads.

Grand living not meant to squeeze with people in popular sub urban malls during weekends, and certainly not for wannabes buying MM units.

Capland Bishan plot ratio 4.9! High floors got Macritchie Reservoir and City views. At NS and Circle line MRT junctions/J8. Near RI, Catholic High and all other good schools. All the best attributes in a single location. So, $1,600 psf, people will still bite. Just need to add 1,000 Swarovksi crystals also.

Agree with Hyenergix, such glitz and glamour more suited for CCR properties than this one. Upper Thomson is more of a suburban, relaxed, type of living rather than city glamour. It may stand out amongst all the other properties in the area, but I just have this funny "out of place" feeling. The surrounding developments must match the glitz and glamour that it offers. SICC and Pierce reservoir are not perceived good matches. Ion Orchard, MBS are. Just a personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Meadows@peirce, flame tree park and even Hong Heng Mansions huat ar
    The wHole sg ppty except TG huat argh! Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    The wHole sg ppty except TG huat argh! Hahahaha
    TG - Thank God for you...

No tennis court in a suburban condo? No wonder the marketing materials don't talk about its own facilities because its not much to speak of. No wonder spend more time advertising SICC facilities Does it come with free SICC membership for all residents for life? Why marketing SICC facilities? Hard to market this a prestigious - 99LH in a confirmed 99LH suburbs locality Bishan where there are no freehold condos - there is hardly any prestige. The target market should be Bishan and AMK HDB upgraders nearby? What prestige?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    so-so project but not so-so pricing
    no tennis court also

Passed by today. The place seems to be crowded and heavy stream of cars along Jalan Tambur that leads to the show flat. I wouldn't be surprised if all units are snapped up again.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Passed by today. The place seems to be crowded and heavy stream of cars along Jalan Tambur that leads to the show flat. I wouldn't be surprised if all units are snapped up again.
    All 20 units might b snapped up, but think most pole rushing 2 c the $8m showflat.

But who are the buyers of these 50 units. Foreigners? $1700psf before discount?
    Pg B21 of ST papers today (09 jul'11)

Administrator
    New benchmark prices set at Thomson Grand
    Today, 04:50 AM

BUYERS have set new benchmark prices at the preview of Thomson Grand in Upper Thomson, with apartments topping $1,600 per sq ft (psf).
    Full Story

All 50 units released were snapped up yesterday.

"A further 20units will be released this weekend on a first-come-first-served basis"

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Capland Bishan plot ratio 4.9! High floors got Macritchie Reservoir and City views. At NS and Circle line MRT junctions/J8. Near RI, Catholic High and all other good schools. All the best attributes in a single location. So, $1,600 psf, people will still bite. Just need to add 1,000 Swarovksi crystals also.

Agree with Hyenergix, such glitz and glamour more suited for CCR properties than this one. Upper Thomson is more of a suburban, relaxed, type of living rather than city glamour. It may stand out amongst all the other properties in the area, but I just have this funny "out of place" feeling. The surrounding developments must match the glitz and glamour that it offers. SICC and Pierce reservoir are not perceived good matches. Ion Orchard, MBS are. Just a personal opinion.
    Plot ratio 4.9 ! High floors sure have panoramic view. This may launch at $1800. Set new benchmark for the area.

At this kind of px, all old nearby FH condos might go en bloc. It is only a matter of time. Thomson Line will add further value.

D'Leedon is now looking cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    But who are the buyers of these 50 units. Foreigners? $1700psf before discount?
    According to newspapers, 70% are local "upgraders". Not sure if they mean HDB upgraders specifically or what.

In this area, the landed pty owners keep the Lambos etc under cover in their own driveways. There are GCBs in the vicinity. But most of the ppl with money here don't like to flaunt it. It's not their style. If they did, they would not stay here. They would stay in a more obviously snobbish location in CCR.

Just paid a visit. The show flat is so so crowded ! Many terraces are sold, left maybe about 8 not released. All those facing upper Thomson rd sold. Hk2123 my friend, even u r still interested, it's not available already. For the towers, this time dun have chart to show, but I won't be surprised if another 50 are sold over this weekend.
    Finishing not bad lah. Marbles and engineerd wood. Layout squarish enough, no funny corners. Balcony to be fair, not huge.

LKS did the calculation rite. This area can be described as affluent not necessarily rich. The price is at the upper limit of affluent. And it has been a long time since the last condo launch in this area. More over, let's face it, the marketing is targeted at the above average upgraders. It needs to have a "arrived" feel. It is different from all the other OCR launches rite now. This is a risk it took, by doing large units and at higher price. I think it will do well.

Maintenance is pricy. 450 3 bd, 550 4bd. Can match d9/10 condos already.

the showflat is very misleading, is basically an ID showcase. They really pull out all the tricks in the book LOL.

The Arte, Cube 8 and 368 Thomson all look so cheap now....

The showroom was opulent to say the least and packed with people. Let's see how many units they sold this weekend. It looks like they intentionally gave the master bedroom distinctively much more space than all the other bedrooms.

@AMK

yes, i know, agent messaged me already, as per this morning, 8 of the back row houses still there, and the large corner house no. 29 at 4.6 !!! mio before discount

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    July home sales numbers could surprise on the upside. I noticed more sell listings this weekend.
    Also noticed, think Greece eurozone crisis temporary sorted out for now..., possible some increase in buying activity, but next mth Ghost month coming...., may slow...if follow previous years trend...but we may be in for some surprise if developers decide go offload some projects earlier...

If you study history, look at how long US 1970+ inflation last ... only when everybody (including the PAP elites + Temasek + GIC) suffers, then they will be serious in curbing inflation ... this not only happen to Singapore but HK, China ...my guess min last till 2016 if you calculate the high inflation start point at 2006, if you calculate start point at 2009 post crisis, it is going to last till 2019 !!!

History always repeat by itself ... then was G5, now is Asia ... note that it does not go up in a straight line, whenever the inflation moderates, the government will start saying it is ok now ok now, inflation is expected to moderate .... hey hey hey does it sound familiar ?
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 09-07-11 at 21:44.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Also noticed, think Greece eurozone crisis temporary sorted out for now..., possible some increase in buying activity, but next mth Ghost month coming...., may slow...if follow previous years trend...but we may be in for some surprise if developers decide go offload some projects earlier...
    Today they talk about Greece, tomorrow they'll talk about Portugal. Frankly, there's no end so just have to cautious maneuver going forward.

中国6月CPI同比涨6.4% 创3年来新高
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    中国6月CPI同比涨6.4% 创3年来新高
    not even property can be capable of fully hedging against a 6.4% inflation rate.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    中国6月CPI同比涨6.4% 创3年来新高
    Lead by housing?

The showflat is super misleading n deceiving...wow

The queen size bed is customised! Alot of walls nvr build....balcony line not drawn clearly.....some bedrooms nvr build wardrobe.....max cheating argh! Whahaha...

I like the rain shower

The kitchen super small....bedrooms abit small....duno where the space goto...

the showflat looks like a 5star hotel lobby

Anyway prices ard 13xxpsf to 15xxpsf

The strata hse built in livable space perhaps 50% of the total strata area....the entire top flr is roof terrace...wow

Why buy 99LH house in such development?
    Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    @AMK

yes, i know, agent messaged me already, as per this morning, 8 of the back row houses still there, and the large corner house no. 29 at 4.6 !!! mio before discount

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Why buy 99LH house in such development?
    Foreigner eligible

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    The showflat is super misleading n deceiving...wow

The queen size bed is customised! Alot of walls nvr build....balcony line not drawn clearly.....some bedrooms nvr build wardrobe.....max cheating argh! Whahaha...

I like the rain shower

The kitchen super small....bedrooms abit small....duno where the space goto...

the showflat looks like a 5star hotel lobby

Anyway prices ard 13xxpsf to 15xxpsf

The strata hse built in livable space perhaps 50% of the total strata area....the entire top flr is roof terrace...wow
    I thought they are not allowed to have misleading show flats these days.

Space goes to lift lobby, the balconies and air-con ledge.

If they build in the cupboards, ppl will see that there is hardly space to swing a cat.

I already gave my comment about the strata house. That the "liveable" area looks quite small. It could be less than 50%. Remember it includes the roof terrace, the private car parking space as well as the balconies etc. In my opinion, not worth the price. I would rather purchase a terrace or semi-d and do A&A on it. For a local. For foreigner of course this option is not possible.

If I am not mistaken, there could be no windows in one or more of the bathrooms. So your rain shower will steam up the place. Good if you like to have your own steam bath.

Actually I thought the lay out of the town houses in Terasse was better. And Terasse also has good facilities and cheaper maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    According to newspapers, 70% are local "upgraders". Not sure if they mean HDB upgraders specifically or what.

In this area, the landed pty owners keep the Lambos etc under cover in their own driveways. There are GCBs in the vicinity. But most of the ppl with money here don't like to flaunt it. It's not their style. If they did, they would not stay here. They would stay in a more obviously snobbish location in CCR.
    I wonder as well... there are sure a lot of cash-rich or highly leveraged people out there. But at this price, I will rather go for an older, freehold at River Valley...

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    I wonder as well... there are sure a lot of cash-rich or highly leveraged people out there. But at this price, I will rather go for an older, freehold at River Valley...
    Old vs new....hard to compare....

How abt ascentia sky....it was once a very ex new launch....now similar psf n quantum compared to TG and nearer to city n mrt....mabe tg buyers tot they r buying the showflat? Hehe