Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718232833 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    thanks for the feedback. Problem is I am not in Singapore, and not able to get there this weelk, but have to submit cheque by Monday in order to get the discount (which is 4.5% on 3.5 mio). I would buy this with view of moving in myself in 2015.......wife like house.....and this strata seems pretty much the only thing possible.....
    If you choose one of the houses that is not facing the main road, it will be OK. The noise will not be bad. So check out the plan and go for the row of houses at right angle to the main road and as far away as possible from the main road (it will be nearer to the school but I think sch will be less noisy than the road).

thanks for the feedback. Problem is I am not in Singapore, and not able to get there this weelk, but have to submit cheque by Monday in order to get the discount (which is 4.5% on 3.5 mio). I would buy this with view of moving in myself in 2015.......wife like house.....and this strata seems pretty much the only thing possible.....
    All the best to your new purchase. Like what Chiaberry mentioned, the place is reasonably quiet. Its a wise decision because many people seem to think that Upper Thomson area will surely be more prominent in the housing market in years to come! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    If you choose one of the houses that is not facing the main road, it will be OK. The noise will not be bad. So check out the plan and go for the row of houses at right angle to the main road and as far away as possible from the main road (it will be nearer to the school but I think sch will be less noisy than the road).
    Just ensure that your bedroom is not facing the school field or assembly area otherwise every morning you'll have to sing national anthem with the students at 7.30am.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Just ensure that your bedroom is not facing the school field or assembly area otherwise every morning you'll have to sing national anthem with the students at 7.30am.
    Nice wat, foc alarm clock

R u a foreigner?

PR can try buying a landed

I don't have the floor plans for the strata houses. But they could be facing the school buildings. I looked at the layout of the houses again and maybe it might not be so bad to be in the row that's next to the road as there is a long lap pool behind them and that would make for quite a nice view as well as giving you a bit more distance from the road.

Personally I don't think the road noise is too bad and maybe the new NS expressway would divert some of the traffic away from this road. Hopefully they would put up a high hedge shielding the development from the road to buffer the noise.

I don't have the floor plans for the strata houses. But they could be facing the school buildings. I looked at the layout of the houses again and maybe it might not be so bad to be in the row that's next to the road as there is a long lap pool behind them and that would make for quite a nice view as well as giving you a bit more distance from the road.

Personally I don't think the road noise is too bad and maybe the new NS expressway would divert some of the traffic away from this road. Hopefully they would put up a high hedge shielding the development from the road to buffer the noise.
    Definitely no no for strata hse so close to main road....noise is one thing...how abt the fumes, dust n smoke.....y pay 3.5mio to shorten ur precious life

If really die die wana buy...get those nxt to school.....

Or get penthse la.....top of the world wif magnificent view....

3.5 m can easily get a semi d.....tats alot of money! Choose wisely

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    R u a foreigner?

PR can try buying a landed
    i think he mentioned before that he is european.... hk are just his initials

I'll also offer my unsolicited opinion... I'd not take Thomson G because its pricey. I'll split the cash to get a $2m cluster elsewhere cheaper and so still enjoy the same floor area and get maybe Kovan Residence $1.5m for great investment!!! Just my personal opinion! Sorry if I've stirred distraction!

Had a look at the house layout, vry disappointed. Why it only builds up to 2nd floor ? Should be at least 3 floors to be "grand" mah ! Like that very cramped, just like those tightly packed 1500 sqft small inter terraces. Had it been 3 storey it would have been a reasonable buy. Rite now those small terraces around Thomson plaza are no more than 3 mil. This one too small.

3.5 mio??? as in 3.5 million?

???

I really think you are joking if you are considering at this price.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I'll also offer my unsolicited opinion... I'd not take Thomson G because its pricey. I'll split the cash to get a $2m cluster elsewhere cheaper and so still enjoy the same floor area and get maybe Kovan Residence $1.5m for great investment!!! Just my personal opinion! Sorry if I've stirred distraction!
    yup. 2million can get you a small 2nd hand terrace house in a more central location. And you have 1.5million left over.....

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    yup. 2million can get you a small 2nd hand terrace house in a more central location. And you have 1.5million left over.....
    He is a foreigner...from europe...tats y ...and his wife like houses wif facilities

Seriously there r better buy clustered housing.....not sure how much verdana villas cost now....spacious n peaceful n freehold...i nrly bot one but vit m vy tight tat time

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    He is a foreigner...from europe...tats y ...and his wife like houses wif facilities

Seriously there r better buy clustered housing.....not sure how much verdana villas cost now....spacious n peaceful n freehold...i nrly bot one but vit m vy tight tat time
    or even horizon gardens/green in nearby AMK. Much quieter with facilities too.

I think those are below 2million right?

Cluster houses like The Shaughnessy (99 LH), Water Terrace (FH) and Horizon Gardens (99 LH) are all located at decent locations with decent floor area and all below $2mil. Shaughnessy has a bit of nice view like TG also...

TG one has its own pool. If maintained by the condo service will be great. Can also consider poet villa nearby.

yes, u r right, am european and no PR, otherwise, I would not consider this

Like a large place with full condo facilities not a small niche development

Also , payment schedule fits well, as the first 40% stretched over approx 1.5 years, whereas for completed one, need to cough up 40% immediately, which is a lot of cash

nevertheless, will have a look at the names you mentioned

any nice cluster houses around 1.7m?

i think the guy is not eligible for cluster housing, if he is foreigner and non-PR.
    Devilplate did some research if terrace house is part of condo, then foreigner can buy terrace house, otherwise, need approval from LDU.

yes, u r right, am european and no PR, otherwise, I would not consider this

Like a large place with full condo facilities not a small niche development

Also , payment schedule fits well, as the first 40% stretched over approx 1.5 years, whereas for completed one, need to cough up 40% immediately, which is a lot of cash

nevertheless, will have a look at the names you mentioned
    Another new one coming up with townhouse is eu habitat by far east in Eunos.
    http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.We...-info&prop=328

Woodhaven in woodlands offers this concept as well.
    http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.We...-info&prop=312

for both woodhaven and EU, at least in the ads, they dont mention strata houses eligible for foreigners without approval (if they were, dont think FEO would overlook to mention that, as they can sell at vast surcharge same as Cheung Kong does now....)

for both woodhaven and EU, at least in the ads, they dont mention strata houses eligible for foreigners without approval (if they were, dont think FEO would overlook to mention that, as they can sell at vast surcharge same as Cheung Kong does now....)
    Foreigner eligible....u can jus give them a call to double confirm

And yes, foreigner nid to get approval for clustered housing .....i forgotten about tat until hopeful mentioned it....

But the woodhaven townhse too overpriced

TG townhse really too ex leh....u better tink twice too

TG attracting many BMW and Benz owners

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    TG one has its own pool. If maintained by the condo service will be great. Can also consider poet villa nearby.
    The agent told me the personal pool (jacuzzi) has to be maintained by owner. The big lap pool parallel to the road and the main development pool is maintained by the condo service.

The agent told me the personal pool (jacuzzi) has to be maintained by owner. The big lap pool parallel to the road and the main development pool is maintained by the condo service.
    You visited already? How you find? me too shy to go in as I don't drive BMW or benz

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    You visited already? How you find? me too shy to go in as I don't drive BMW or benz
    I visited the tent last week.

Don't care about the BMW or benz. It's probably the local residents being kay-poh. Or even possibly the agents or agent bosses.

Or bankers.

Today's ST advertisement full page is SICC. Only a tiny square at the side showing the condo with no emphasis. SICC get free advertisement.

Hk2313, why dun u consider the townhouses in dleedon ? More convenient at least got MRT next door. Definitely much better than this.

@ amk, I cant find any infos on these !!!