Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Maybe not.. and maybe it will be the 1st condo to provide vallet parking service right at your lobby.. then you'll have the 6-star condo feeling eventhrough is not as grand as St Regis
    Hey that's a very good idea. Potential owners take note and feed back when the Management Committee is formed.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Hey that's a very good idea. Potential owners take note and feed back when the Management Committee is formed.
    r u prepared to pay 1-2k for ur maint fee?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    r u prepared to pay 1-2k for ur maint fee?
    Living in a 6-star condo.. must be prepared to pay for "6-star" maint fee mah!!
    If really have to pay 1k.. confirm 100% I will make full use of the valet parking service..... you know S'porean very HOW LIAN one.. I'm S'porean leh!!
    Last edited by Rysk; 29-06-11 at 10:11.

Every morning must queue up for valet? U know when u go for dinner at restaurants with valet and everyone leaves at roughly the same time, one ends up queuing up and waiting 30 min for your car to arrive. Don't think this is a selling point. Valet only for places with not enough car park which means your car will be driven out for a spin when cars exceed parking lots.

Maybe not.. and maybe it will be the 1st condo to provide vallet parking service right at your lobby.. then you'll have the 6-star condo feeling eventhrough is not as grand as St Regis

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Every morning must queue up for valet? U know when u go for dinner at restaurants with valet and everyone leaves at roughly the same time, one ends up queuing up and waiting 30 min for your car to arrive. Don't think this is a selling point. Valet only for places with not enough car park which means your car will be driven out for a spin when cars exceed parking lots.
    how abt bell boy, chambermaids etc....

hotel services just one call away....hahaa

Agree, i believe Thomson Grand has 339 units + 22 Strata Houses, valet would not be able to cope during peak morning and evening....Ya, sometimes restaurant or after wedding dinner at 5 star hotel, waiting for valet easily 15-30mins...and that is not so many cars somemore...

No worry, this GV condo have another service..
    You just intercom the valet to tell him what time you'll be at the lobby, and they will standby the car right infront of your lobby.. and even you can intercom for bellboy to come help to carry your baggage down & put inside your car in advance..
    Is 6-star condo leh.. you think what.. S'porean very HOW LIAN one.. & I'm S'porean leh!!

Or worse they park your car in another borrowed carpark with no security! Just like a typical HDB lot then!

No worry, this GV condo have another service..
    You just intercom the valet to tell him what time you'll be at the lobby, and they will standby the car right infront of your lobby.. and even you can intercom for bellboy to come help to carry your baggage down & put inside your car in advance..
    Is 6-star condo leh.. you think what.. S'porean very HOW LIAN one.. & I'm S'porean leh!!
    what happens if you, a how lian singaporean, living there ...and drives a Cherry QQ ... will the valet / bellboy see you not up and give you bad service ?

then again not likely right ?
    cos how lian singaporeans would have LV cars to go along with GV condos ...right ?

The funny thing is....the agent smiled when I expressed surprise that there were no visitor lots. He more or less was saying something along these lines....that these days for new launches.....is very good to have enough car park space for one car per unit already...another agent last year told me that for some developments you even have to BALLOT for the car park space. For the strata houses in Thomson G, they have their own car park lot next to their house, but they PAY for the privilege (including in their floor area). btw for Thomson G, the car parking for the condos is in the basement (underground).

hmm....Centro is asking $1400+ psf these days anyway.

The funny thing is....the agent smiled when I expressed surprise that there were no visitor lots. He more or less was saying something along these lines....that these days for new launches.....is very good to have enough car park space for one car per unit already...another agent last year told me that for some developments you even have to BALLOT for the car park space.
    Basically the agent had no answer to your expression of surprise. He merely diverted your attention to the constraints of other development! I'd have repeated my question again to him in case he didn't understand that I was asking about this project and not about other projects!

All I can say is price of proximity to MRT factored in...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    The agent was hinting that CKH had an inkling about the proximity of the MRT when they bid for the land.

Hmm.... Like that might as well buy firesales

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    From the sound of what you're suggesting, it seems to be that plot opposite flame tree park.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    From the sound of what you're suggesting, it seems to be that plot opposite flame tree park.
    Tagore point a, bishan fire Station point 2. Anything in the middle is correct.

The agent was hinting that CKH had an inkling about the proximity of the MRT when they bid for the land.
    Well its only an inkling. Unless they have internal information which is highly unlikely... of is it? They very clever. Just include as their advertising appeal then if not near, let the owners go and suffer the loss? Hmmm... Its a gamble man! So when will LTA announce the exact location?

Meadows@Pierce put that location in for their marketing and got flamed by the authorities (no pun intended).

Meadows@Pierce put that location in for their marketing and got flamed by the authorities (no pun intended).
    it would be really interesting if UOL's proposed stations were the actual locations of the stations. is it more than just coincidence?

it would be really interesting if UOL's proposed stations were the actual locations of the stations. is it more than just coincidence?
    Could be after all. A listed company wouldn't just pluck MRT stations out of the air anyhow to print for all to see.

Sigh just when the traffic jams had cleared (after they realigned Farrer Road on completion of the Circle Line station there)......we are going to be inconvenienced by Thomson Line diggings.

Could be after all. A listed company wouldn't just pluck MRT stations out of the air anyhow to print for all to see.

Sigh just when the traffic jams had cleared (after they realigned Farrer Road on completion of the Circle Line station there)......we are going to be inconvenienced by Thomson Line diggings.
    Imagine the convenience when they're digging both the Thomson line and NSE.

Imagine the convenience when they're digging both the Thomson line and NSE.
    Convenient for them but super inconvenient for road users there! Past experiences have revealed many nightmares, from Upper Paya Lebar to Bendemeer area!

I drove along the route last night.

This line has the feel of the dragon pluse.

Its our new blood line to the heart of the city.

Lots of land beside it too..

Good deal to MS venture.

Anything FH and with views along this route? (exclude thomson 800?)

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    I drove along the route last night.

This line has the feel of the dragon pluse.

Its our new blood line to the heart of the city.

Lots of land beside it too..

Good deal to MS venture.

Anything FH and with views along this route? (exclude thomson 800?)
    Don't invade my kampung lah. Even without NSE, there are multiple routes to the City. I like staying here because Upper Thomson Road is convenient for me. The location is very central. My kids can get about by public transport easily to any part of the island. You don't know kids these days need to go all over the place for their school activities, ranging from West Coast Park, Labrador Park, Pasir Ris, Choa Chu Kang and Sengkang. If I live in the East, it would be troublesome if the kid had to go to the opposite end of the island.

Meadows@Pierce (the tall block)

Country Esquire, Country Grandeur, Flame Tree Park.

If it's greenery view (low rise), there's also a small development near to the petrol stations next to Lower Pierce reservoir.

Not sure if its still true but the landed in this area is pretty affordable at least up till end of last year. Can consider getting one if the price hasn't already risen significantly because the condo prices will just push these landed prices upwards too!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Not sure if its still true but the landed in this area is pretty affordable at least up till end of last year. Can consider getting one if the price hasn't already risen significantly because the condo prices will just push these landed prices upwards too!
    Springleaf may still be affordable (may not have gone up as much as Lentor as Lentor is a more accessible location). If you want to gamble that the MRT might pass close by.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Convenient for them but super inconvenient for road users there! Past experiences have revealed many nightmares, from Upper Paya Lebar to Bendemeer area!
    Pardon me, I meant inconvenience.

Don't invade my kampung lah. Even without NSE, there are multiple routes to the City. I like staying here because Upper Thomson Road is convenient for me. The location is very central. My kids can get about by public transport easily to any part of the island. You don't know kids these days need to go all over the place for their school activities, ranging from West Coast Park, Labrador Park, Pasir Ris, Choa Chu Kang and Sengkang. If I live in the East, it would be troublesome if the kid had to go to the opposite end of the island.

Meadows@Pierce (the tall block)

Country Esquire, Country Grandeur, Flame Tree Park.

If it's greenery view (low rise), there's also a small development near to the petrol stations next to Lower Pierce reservoir.
    We'll have to live with the heavy traffic on the multiple routes into town for the next couple of years.

Well the Upper Paya Lebar Road inconvenience lasted some 6 to 7 years!

We'll have to live with the heavy traffic on the multiple routes into town for the next couple of years.
    Oh well we lived with the jams along Adam Road/Farrer Road for so long already so it's nothing new. We will just have to leave home earlier to get to work (for those of us who work). Just pray that the MRT will be near enough but not too near or the dust and noise will be a pain. By the time NSE/TSL is finished, I will be retired liao. haha.