Thread: Property tax - When to start paying upon TOP?

Default Property tax - When to start paying upon TOP?

I've a property that recently obtained its TOP. I am now in the midst of looking for a tenant. My question is, do I have to pay property tax during this period while it is still vacant? I can see the property address appearing under my portfolio when i logged in to IRAS, but the AV is still reflecting as $0.

Quote Originally Posted by kengyong
    I've a property that recently obtained its TOP. I am now in the midst of looking for a tenant. My question is, do I have to pay property tax during this period while it is still vacant? I can see the property address appearing under my portfolio when i logged in to IRAS, but the AV is still reflecting as $0.
    u start to pay ppty tax based on the date the developer issue u the TOP letter

the date can be found via ur lawyer's correspondence

i tink u can make a claim on ppty tax if u can prove tat u r having difficulty of finding a tenant.....but many just cant be bothered....vy troublesome for 'peanuts'

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u start to pay ppty tax based on the date the developer issue u the TOP letter

the date can be found via ur lawyer's correspondence

i tink u can make a claim on ppty tax if u can prove tat u r having difficulty of finding a tenant.....but many just cant be bothered....vy troublesome for 'peanuts'
    Oh ok. Thanks!