Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Please Post Election Youtubes, Rallies, Photos and Videos Here (2)

Hooray! Its cooling off day.... Really need to cool down from the last 8 days of intense political campaigns! Tomorrow going you know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Aren't PAP activists also Singaporeans? PAP also only got Singaporeans who will decide if they can continue in power!!!
    i think this round competition too high, there is a also need to have PAP to be check and balance against the current oppositions

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u forget the bochup group....and their vote is cfm PAP....they just cant be bothered....
    This bochup group include new citizen. They cfm vote PAP b'coz they scare PAP will take away their citizenship if they don't. (This is what my ex-colleague told me, who is new citizen)

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    i think this round competition too high, there is a also need to have PAP to be check and balance against the current oppositions
    Agreed but I seriously don't think that is gonna happen in the near future where opp rules the parliament (>50%) and PAP must be voted in to check and balance them...

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    This bochup group include new citizen. They cfm vote PAP b'coz they scare PAP will take away their citizenship if they don't. (This is what my ex-colleague told me, who is new citizen)
    So PAP already secured 90 000 votes out of 2.2mil = more than 4% of votes le... Naughty naughty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    bochup group=status quo

got hse, got job, got rice, can sleep peacefully, can shyt peacefully too

Agreed but I seriously don't think that is gonna happen in the near future where opp rules the parliament (>50%) and PAP must be voted in to check and balance them...
    expect STI to 'crash' if mandate falls below 60%

expect STI to 'crash' if mandate falls below 60%
    u was looking for free falling durians right?

best outcome will be few seats taken by OPP and mandate falls below 60%

low mandate is the best way to check and balance the PAP but at the same time dun lose too many seats to OPP

ask OPP to be alternative voice as NCMP

oh ya...feeling hungry oredi....finished my free durians after the Japan quake oredi

best outcome will be few seats taken by OPP and mandate falls below 60%

low mandate is the best way to check and balance the PAP but at the same time dun lose too many seats to OPP

ask OPP to be alternative voice as NCMP
    i also hope for this, but i see the people around me, sigh....
    i know i keep repeating my same point, but if really everyone only thinking of wanting for check and balance + some go for void votes, will PAP score less than 50% to form govt.

and also some can argue that apologies come too late, but think about, that may also mean they desperate liao, mean the worst(they perceive) may be possible.

i wrong is it

why cant both work together? pap continue to run, then set up another people welfare team to be lead by BOTH pap and Opp, they will go to the ground to tackle people issue. tat nicole seah is quite a sincere candidate and can be devoted to service the ppl but technically she cannot win tat stupid tpl...... why they want to put her against ah goh? she might make it in other ward

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    why cant both work together? pap continue to run, then set up another people welfare team to be lead by BOTH pap and Opp, they will go to the ground to tackle people issue. tat nicole seah is quite a sincere candidate and can be devoted to service the ppl but technically she cannot win tat stupid tpl...... why they want to put her against ah goh? she might make it in other ward
    My parents and wife said her cried yesterday was very fake! Anyway don't think a two party or even three party system will ever work in our country. Its just that PAP is so so so used to solo party for more than 50 years.... Just my opinion!

she can always become NCMP

i tink it will be a good start for her....

TPL....like it anot....she will be in....hopefully she will be better.....keep our fingers crossed

a MP under a GRC dun need to be smart....TPL just need to be hardworking on the ground and help out on daily nitty gritty issues like lift breakdown....drains choked....hehe

but if Nicole Seah Party in, they got no experienced leader in their GRC......gd public speaker or gd motivational speaker is just not enough......a gd way for her to nurture and grow is to take up NCMP....

My parents and wife said her cried yesterday was very fake! Anyway don't think a two party or even three party system will ever work in our country. Its just that PAP is so so so used to solo party for more than 50 years.... Just my opinion!
    lets not tok abt croc or genuine tears....

in the first place, i dun even noe the whole story of the deprived mother she mentioned.....

Default GY

In George We Trust:

cute picture from last night rally:

http://www.ge.sg/photoalbum/gallery_20110505231817/

http://www.ge.sg/stories/elections2/...ays-George-Yeo

GE: We need a transformed PAP, says George Yeo

By Chitra Rajaram | Posted: 05 May 2011 2247 hrs

GE: We need a transformed PAP, says George Yeo
    Special Report •

SINGAPORE: The PAP has to change. That is the way forward.

"We need a transformed PAP," said Minister for Foreign Affairs, George Yeo, who is leading the PAP team contesting Aljunied GRC, the hotbed in this election.

He said there has to be better communication and greater feeling for the people.

Mr Yeo said he is aware of the feelings that this election has thrown up.

He said the Workers' Party is being used a loudspeaker for Singaporeans who think the government is arrogant and high-handed.

He said how "we address the feelings… heartfelt feelings of many people in Singapore … which in this election it has all come out," is very important.

Mr Yeo admitted that there is "resentment against the government".

He said to the audience: "My teammates and I will be your voice in government … we will listen."

Mr Yeo said that before Thursday evening, he had told Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong about what he was going to say at the rally.

He said: "PM (Lee) said, 'George, you and your teammates say what is in your heart'."

As Mr Yeo spoke from his heart, he called out to the audience and said: ''I need your help… for us to have a voice in Parliament... in government... in PAP... We need a strong mandate."

The highlight of the evening was when Prime Minister Lee made an impromptu appearance in support of the PAP candidates in Aljunied GRC.

Prime Minister Lee said that the battle is tough and the Aljunied team are fighting to win, and "I am here to give my full support to George Yeo and his team".

Mr Lee said the team had done good work in Aljunied and nationally, adding "Please support them, give them your vote. They will service you well. The PAP looks after all our citizens."

Mr Yeo questioned many of the Workers' Party's plans and ideas.

He said his team had asked Mr Low Thia Khiang, the leader of the WP's Aljunied GRC team, about their plans for Aljunied GRC.

His answer was "vote us in first, then we will have the information", said Mr Yeo.

"Finally, under pressure from many residents, last night they came out with a plan… it is only an outline...It is nothing," said Mr Yeo.

Mr Yeo said his team has a track record, "and has carried out our promises … they (the opposition) know we will carry out the plans."

And he added: "I am not going anywhere. I am staying in Aljunied GRC."

Mrs Lim Hwee Hua, Minister in the Prime Minister's Office and Second Transport Minister and PAP candidate for Aljunied GRC, also spoke a the rally.

She admitted that some of the current policies are contradictory.

The issues of singles looking after the elderly, full-time mothers not eligible for tax incentives, "sometimes the rules trip them up… we understand the negative sentiments," she said.

But she stressed that "the PAP government always means well".

Mrs Lim said they are prepared to revamp and modify rules.

She said: "We want to be your voice in Parliament, government and in Cabinet. We will listen to you more … we will listen more carefully. Please give us your trust."

Ms Cynthia Phua, another PAP candidate for Aljunied GRC, began her rally speech by challenging the Workers' Party's plans for upgrading and improvement.

"After asking for seven days and the WP say they have upgrading and improvement (plans)… they talk about LUP (Lift Upgrading Programme). In Aljunied, LUP is at the last stage of completion," she said.

She promised a fitness centre for every 10 blocks, especially for the elderly, and including a CCTV in every lift to be completed by 2014.

Senior Minister of State Zainul Abidin Rasheed, who is also a candidate for Aljunied GRC, refuted recent comments by Mr Pritam Singh, the Workers' Party candidate for Aljunied GRC, on the Malay-Muslim community.

He gave details as to how much the Malay community had progressed. He said that the number of Malay kids going to tertiary organisations had tripled and the number of PMETs had quadrupled

He said: "Wake up, Mr Pritam Singh. There have been many efforts to improve the lives of the Malays and Muslims." And, he asked: "Why is there a need to belittle these efforts?"

- CNA/ir

lets not tok abt croc or genuine tears....

in the first place, i dun even noe the whole story of the deprived mother she mentioned.....

tears dun not can turn into $$ or not, but confirm can turn into some votes

tears dun not can turn into $$ or not, but confirm can turn into some votes
    especially those deeply in love with Nicole....'WILL U MARRY ME?'

hope voters r wise enough not to be swayed by such one sided stories.....

like it anot, the whole world doesnt just evolve around the deprived mother

especially those deeply in love with Nicole....'WILL U MARRY ME?'
    So is NS married?

So is NS married?
    she cleverly said she oredi married to NSP

she cleverly said she oredi married to NSP
    Maybe can consider Spencer Ng!!! Will take care of young ladies... bring watch movie and hold hands.. ideal valentino!!!

Maybe can consider Spencer Ng!!! Will take care of young ladies... bring watch movie and hold hands.. ideal valentino!!!
    read the news saying he has some bad record. hugging a girl against her will. but they deny

read the news saying he has some bad record. hugging a girl against her will. but they deny
    Yup he took her to watch movie and hold hands, etc... he deny he's guilty but he didn't deny he had a relationship with the girl.... so he can surely take care of NS wat...

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    y do multiple postings

Yup he took her to watch movie and hold hands, etc... he deny he's guilty but he didn't deny he had a relationship with the girl.... so he can surely take care of NS wat...
    He got a FB set up by students who support him and who are friends with this so-called girl and said they know the truth and entire story.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-sup...065292?sk=info

Quote Originally Posted by TOP
    I just asked my 23 yr old son who is he going to vote? He replied " Oh ya hor, Sat has to vote hor, I will vote for the ***y pretty Nicole Seah."

I told him Nicole is not in our ward.
    Guess, maybe your son is not the only one who think the same.....maybe many hotblooded young Singaporean males expect to see NS picture on the polling form, so that they can tick...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Guess, maybe your son is not the only one who think the same.....maybe many hotblooded young Singaporean males expect to see NS picture on the polling form, so that they can tick...
    Tick PAP? Cross opp??? Bottomline... must cross out the party you dislike!!!

http://interestingtruth.wordpress.co...-want-to-know/

The students who know both Spencer Ng and her set up this blog and provided evidence the girl is no saint and her charater is quite bad.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    http://interestingtruth.wordpress.co...-want-to-know/

The students who know both Spencer Ng and her set up this blog and provided evidence the girl is no saint and her charater is quite bad.
    too little too late