Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mah expects to lose votes over flat prices

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Sigh...this talk abt football. Our senior PAP politicians machiam score OWN GOAL with their recent comments.
    i believe NS scored an own goal too

told her to compete in Miss Singapore only la...she is not a footballer

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

That girl is still young/inexperienced. She tried TOO HARD to please voters because she was flushed with success and adulation from her previous appearances. We can still make that excuse for her. But the others are seasoned/experienced politicians. But perhaps a bit rusty from not enough practice in the past election(s)? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    That girl is still young/inexperienced. She tried TOO HARD to please voters because she was flushed with success and adulation from her previous appearances. We can still make that excuse for her. But the others are seasoned/experienced politicians. But perhaps a bit rusty from not enough practice in the past election(s)? Hmm...
    wat i can say is tat...we r having political generation gap liao

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    t.........

we are. make no mistake abt this. that's life. we have no choice. we need msia's water to buy time so to build our own desalination plants/or other means. (we also beg Indonesia for gas and sand)
    so what about nuclear plant? energy independence?

provide funding to sports, i have nothing against it coz it is healthy to promote sports in singapore, but to use citizenship as a carrot to lure foreigners to play in the s-league (of all sports) and for foreigners to treat our citizenship like pang sai zua is too much for a citizen like me to take it.

this part I agree, sports council is stupid in doing this.
    ... some time ago I talked to an avid sports fan, she shared with me why sometimes they have no choice but to resort to this. it's all due to the sports council's "funding based on merits". u run a sports organization say sailing. u want more ppl to participate, or to promote the sport. so u need funding. u have no money. go ask gov. gov said, ok, I have requests from so many sports clubs/organizations, why should i give u instead of him ? why 10 million not 5 million ? show me your merits. so sports club have to produce "results" by showing what medals they won internationally. in the end it's the various sports club pushing for citizens of these FTs, not the government. I think lately gov already stopped this.

we are. make no mistake abt this. that's life. we have no choice. we need msia's water to buy time so to build our own desalination plants/or other means. (we also beg Indonesia for gas and sand)

yes...govt do offer citizenships to PRs without PRs themselves requesting for it....

vy despo rite....so despo until goto beg for water supply from msia.....many more....so how?

tats y many cant tahan PAP anymore and choose to migrate overseas and even annul their citizenships....interview those who annul Sg citizenship.....they surely condemn PAP....hehe
    Opp should invite people who has annulled their Singapore citizenship to lend their voice .... hahaha

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What are the benefits of strong opposition presence to Singapore Citizens? As the GE 2011 Rally goes along we get:
    1) Promise that GST will not increase from current 7% within next 5 years.
    2) Promise of reviewing the new HDB purchase ceiling of $8k pm
    3) MIW promise to look more into taking care of the lower and middle income group of people
    4) ??? (what else?)
    2011 GE have many unprecedences vs 2006 GE.
    Sadly they haven't address my concern. To win my vote for them, they should just abolish 4 years SSD to return to 1 year and return the LTV to 80% regardless of number of properties. Otherwise if 4 years SSD stay, then new launch property SSD start date should be from the day of TOP or when they completely pay up fully for the property to developers (otherwise not fair since new launch paying progressively and benefits speculators vs resale need to pay up in full immediately!).

Also, they should just increase LTV of cars to 70% as in olden days so that there will not be so many cars on the road (Ops! Should be to protect the banks from default of car owners!)
    Last edited by teddybear; 03-05-11 at 13:52.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    What are the benefits of strong opposition presence to Singapore Citizens? As the GE 2011 Rally goes along we get:
    1) Promise that GST will not increase from current 7% within next 5 years.
    2) Promise of reviewing the new HDB purchase ceiling of $8k pm
    3) MIW promise to look more into taking care of the lower and middle income group of people
    4) ??? (what else?)
    2011 GE have many unprecedences vs 2006 GE.
    Sadly they haven't address my concern. To win my vote for them, they should just abolish 4 years SSD to return to 1 year and return the LTV to 80% regardless of number of properties. Otherwise if 4 years SSD stay, then new launch property SSD start date should be from the day of TOP or when they completely pay up fully for the property to developers (otherwise not fair since new launch paying progressively and benefits speculators vs resale need to pay up in full immediately!).

Also, they should just increase LTV of cars to 70% as in olden days so that there will not be so many cars on the road (Ops! Should be to protect the banks from default of car owners!)
    Are you specifically referring only to promises made by PAP? Coz the opp made loads of promises but they can never execute them if they're not voted in like lower cost of transportation, reduce no. of years in NS, etc.
    LTV of cars is so so so fake! Some companies even provide cash back. How to monitor? You can get even 50% LTV of cars but these car dealers will still come out pattern to overcome that...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    ....... To win my vote for them, they should just abolish 4 years SSD to return to 1 year and return the LTV to 80% regardless of number of properties......
    So hard to win your vote.

Very easy to win my vote.
    PAP government, I know you are monitoring this website. You should know my Singapore address. Mail me invitation letter for me and spouse to be Singapore citizens.
    Make me and spouse citizens of Singapore and I definitely vote for you. No need to attend PAP rally, we vote for you.
    In fact, convert more PRs and foreigners to citizens and they also will definitely vote for you.

Quick do so before you kena thrown out next election.

ur mind r so screwed

grabbing any opportunity to fan rumours
    LOL

You are equally guilty isn't it.

But the article is quite clear there are fissures in PAP too.

How often you see such quotes from one PAP colleague to another PAP colleague.

I am not exaggerating.

Hrmmm...if Goh kena voted out, he cannot be the next MM after Old Lee gone? So the supreme leader of Sg will be Young Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by AAA
    WQ, may I ask what has our government done to you that you are so full of "hatred". I cannot say they are prefect, but can you deny what they have done for Singapore over the past decades? What we have achieved today is not by chance but by good policies (not 100% though but good enough to see almost all of us not living below proverty line... u don't have to look far, just look at our South East Asia neighbours). If Singapore is going to deteriorate into a society of "hatred", I feel really sad for this and future generations. I feel our society is getting less and less grateful.

I expect you to reply with a lot of "craps"................ but I will rest my case and will not return to this forum as I can't bear to see my beautiful country going down the path of "hatred".
    I got no hatred. I love Singapore as well.

But in a multi-party electoral system, it is normal people do take sides including those PAP activists and NTUC activists who label all Opposition as gangsters but cannot substantiate.

I see Opposition presence as good for future Singapore systems but you see it as bad.

No right or wrong here. It is your right. Let voters decide. This is the integrity of our system.

If you want to compare , compare apple with apple for present and future.

Comparing with 3rd World nations and the past is not fair comparision. We already rewarded PAP in the past with votes.

Compare with developed nations and in areas like wages, quality of living and so on.

I always wonder why despite having the most expensive government in the world, why Singaporeans world status is still below Japanese, Koreans , Hong Kongers, Europeans, Americans, Australians etc.

I am just commenting on article about a PAP Minister commenting on other ministers.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Hrmmm...if Goh kena voted out, he cannot be the next MM after Old Lee gone? So the supreme leader of Sg will be Young Lee?
    what do you think they pick this kawaii tin tin to be in his team ?

and simultaneous release of her cuty pictures and talks, complete with branded handbag shots ?
    the plot thickens .......

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    party infighting?
    Yeo in Goh's camp whereas WKS & MBT in Lee's camp?

I think Minister without Portfolio is the safest position. No mistakes done, no reason to be kick out, according to Goh.
    He did.
    He say "
    When I receive my CPF statement, I feel so rich

I beg to differ.

Many on Internet praise her for statesmanship for helping MM Lee apologise on his behalf as MM Lee will not do so.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    party infighting?
    Yeo in Goh's camp whereas WKS & MBT in Lee's camp?

I think Minister without Portfolio is the safest position. No mistakes done, no reason to be kick out, according to Goh.
    Goh was the former Defence Minister before he became PM. Yeo was BG...also..before he join politics...

this part I agree, sports council is stupid in doing this.
    ... some time ago I talked to an avid sports fan, she shared with me why sometimes they have no choice but to resort to this. it's all due to the sports council's "funding based on merits". u run a sports organization say sailing. u want more ppl to participate, or to promote the sport. so u need funding. u have no money. go ask gov. gov said, ok, I have requests from so many sports clubs/organizations, why should i give u instead of him ? why 10 million not 5 million ? show me your merits. so sports club have to produce "results" by showing what medals they won internationally. in the end it's the various sports club pushing for citizens of these FTs, not the government. I think lately gov already stopped this.

Trigger point is government policies for sports associations to throw money at foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    I beg to differ.

Many on Internet praise her for statesmanship for helping MM Lee apologise on his behalf as MM Lee will not do so.
    u refering to internet clones like u?

Trigger point is government policies for sports associations to throw money at foreigners.
    wenqing is jealous bcoz govt nvr throw $ at him

for wenqing.....

VOTE FOR OPPOSITION!! VOTE FOR FUTURE UNCERTAINTY
    VOTE FOR OPPOSITION!! VOTE FOR PROPERTY CRASH
    VOTE FOR OPPOSITION!! VOTE FOR RAIDING RESERVES

Vote PAP and vote to become 2nd class citizens and 3rd world parliament !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    for wenqing.....

VOTE FOR OPPOSITION!! VOTE FOR FUTURE UNCERTAINTY
    VOTE FOR OPPOSITION!! VOTE FOR PROPERTY CRASH
    VOTE FOR OPPOSITION!! VOTE FOR RAIDING RESERVES

u refering to internet clones like u?
    hahah.

Whatever.

You can continue denying realities of life.

hahah.

Whatever.

You can continue denying realities of life.
    u shall wake up on may 7th

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Vote PAP and vote to become 2nd class citizens and 3rd world parliament !!!

u shall wake up on may 7th
    PAP will win elections, no doubt about that.

It is only whether Opposition can get the 1/3 it asks of voters.

My take is 87 PAP seats and 0 Opposition seats.

This is because of New Citizens votes and younger voters are still minority.

PAP will win elections, no doubt about that.

It is only whether Opposition can get the 1/3 it asks of voters.

My take is 87 PAP seats and 0 Opposition seats.

This is because of New Citizens votes and younger voters are still minority.
    regulator must be felt betrayed!!

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    regulator must be felt betrayed!!
    He will not because he knows this is a fact and PAP did not win by merit.

He has to live with this consequence.

He will vote Opposition and hope for the best like rest of Singapore.

He will vote Opposition and hope for the best like rest of Singapore.
    like the rest of singapore?

can tell u....many ppl r actually bochup type

do u realised out of 2mil+ eligible voters....only 20k+ at most attending WP rally?

where is the rest?

xmas eve or new yr eve....the crowd is much much duno hw many times larger

like the rest of singapore?

can tell u....many ppl r actually bochup type

do u realised out of 2mil+ eligible voters....only 20k+ at most attending WP rally?

where is the rest?

xmas eve or new yr eve....the crowd is much much duno hw many times larger
    It is still progress compare to hundreds in 1990s.

Think positive.

It is still progress compare to hundreds in 1990s.

Think positive.
    how many opp supporters are like u fire burning for few mths and back out at last minute......