Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mah expects to lose votes over flat prices

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    she just played hard to get....see whether she will reject anot after the election if she is not elected
    She's not playing hard to get.... its just ridiculous to give up $16 000/mth salary over next 5 years for a one time advertising fee. She's made her calculations. If not elected, she will then take up coz now no more $16 000/mth salary to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    SHOCKING STATEMENT : SM Goh suggests Voting out Wong Kan Seng, Raymond Lim or Mah Bow Tan instead, HOW?

George Yeo too important for Cabinet to lose: SM Goh

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore...o-lose--SM-Goh

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=3217291

Quote:
    TODAY
    03 MAY 2011

SINGAPORE - Foreign Minister George Yeo, who is facing a fierce challenge from the Workers' Party in the Aljunied Group Representation Constituency (GRC), has been described as "too important a person for the Cabinet to lose" by Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong.

Singling out Mr Yeo as one of three "very important" core members in the Cabinet - the others being Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean - Mr Goh said yesterday: "There are other core members but these are the three core members who will be very important ... (Finance Minister) Tharman (Shanmugaratnam) is too new but will be developed into a core member."

Speaking after a walkabout in Marine Parade GRC, Mr Goh said a member of the Prime Minister's core team is picked not only based on the portfolio the minister heads but also his intelligence, competence, ability to deliver results and someone whose judgment can be trusted.

"I've run a Government and I know you need a core team. A core team is four or five people, other ministers are important, but you need a core team," said Mr Goh. "If you lose George Yeo, I think it is a very big loss (for the Cabinet), and to Singapore."

Elaborating, Mr Goh said the Foreign Minister has played a critical role in the Prime Minister's team to formulate and implement policies, and will not be easily replaced in the short term if his team loses in the Aljunied GRC.

Said Mr Goh: "If one GRC is lost, as Minister Mentor (Lee Kuan Yew) said, we can accept the result - I agree with that. Sooner or later we are going to lose one. But my view if we lose Aljunied, that is a different matter."

With Mr Yeo in the middle of negotiating "very delicate agreements" with Indonesia and Malaysia, the loss will even be more telling for Singapore.

Summing up, Mr Goh said: "What mistake has he made? You can take a minister and criticise him for not delivering on perhaps housing and transport.

"Like Wong Kan Seng you can say he let Mas Selamat escape. George Yeo, what has he done to deserve this? And he is a core member."

Wong Kan Seng hits back and said PM Lee already form verdict about his mistake. SM Goh opinions is his own. PM Lee is boss.

3-5-2011, Wong Kan Seng responding to SM Goh comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ENcT...layer_embedded

anyway, i got more reasons to believe he is sent by PAP
    U know there had long been a conspiracy theory , that chee soon juan was an agent sent by PAP, to make opposition look like clown

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    I think you are being unfair to wenqing.
    He may have planned to his vacation long ago WITH his family, children and grandchildren.
    Now when can the whole family go vacation, spend quality time together right? except during vacation right.
    You mean to say the whole family take vacation without their ahkong?
    I am sure you dont want that correct.

Devil late won't understand

He is single. He can go holiday anytime he wants....or cancel anytime he likes, cos he need not care about other family members going along,

He is single

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    U know there had long been a conspiracy theory , that chee soon juan was an agent sent by PAP, to make opposition look like clown
    Gomez too.... what about the slipper man? . Somebody also suggested TPL was planted by NSP. Hahaha!

thats a good plant.. lolz

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Devil late won't understand

He is single. He can go holiday anytime he wants....or cancel anytime he likes, cos he need not care about other family members going along,

He is single
    I will nvr understand y crooks r re-employed

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Gomez too.... what about the slipper man? . Somebody also suggested TPL was planted by NSP. Hahaha!
    I duno wat to say..... Stomp feet

I will nvr understand y crooks r re-employed
    do you believe in plea bargain?
    do you believe in immunity for crooks turn prosecution witness?

do you believe in plea bargain?
    do you believe in immunity for crooks turn prosecution witness?
    nid more compelling reasons

i only see more printing of $$$$

nid more compelling reasons

i only see more printing of $$$$
    Haha, devilplate is still the idealist.
    Many times, people choose the lesser of 2 evils.
    and people always act in their self-interest. If it is the self-interest of US to print more money, they would do so irregardless of everybody's else views.

Haha, devilplate is still the idealist.
    Many times, people choose the lesser of 2 evils.
    and people always act in their self-interest. If it is the self-interest of US to print more money, they would do so irregardless of everybody's else views.
    nah..i am a realist

but its just so lame to re appoint back the devils....might as well employ rapist and terrorist to become police

there r many good guys trying to stop the subprime crisis......they tried to intervene......question the financial regulators....y nvr employ them instead?

nah..i am a realist

but its just so lame to re appoint back the devils....might as well employ rapist and terrorist to become police

there r many good guys trying to stop the subprime crisis......they tried to intervene......question the financial regulators....y nvr employ them instead?
    Let me give a crude example, if I say the market will crash and sooner or later, the market did crash, does that make me a prophet? Will MAS employed me as regulatory advisor?

However, if I engineered a market crash, obviously I know enough of financial markets to know what I am doing.
    Would MAS employed me to advise them on regulations on how to prevent it from happening again or future happenings.

Let me give a crude example, if I say the market will crash and sooner or later, the market did crash, does that make me a prophet? Will MAS employed me as regulatory advisor?

However, if I engineered a market crash, obviously I know enough of financial markets to know what I am doing.
    Would MAS employed me to advise them on regulations on how to prevent it from happening again or future happenings.
    ....there r ppl who tried to intervene but kena sacked in the end.....tried to pass a bill to promote transparency but was denied....

the root cause is $$ and obama is aint holy saint.....his own interest comes first

the truth is: devils can continue to keep their dirty $$ and get reappointed.....haha

so morale of the story: join the singapore devil party!