Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Post Election Youtubes, Rallies, Photos and Videos Here

SDP's James Gomez: "We are going to send him to Johor Bahru!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpjjT...layer_embedded

Presenting the 'stars' of the General Election...

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/what-...082000838.html

bro, thanks for the wonder woman picture, I really like that. I am becoming a fan of Nicole Seah now lol

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    Presenting the 'stars' of the General Election...

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/what-...082000838.html

I fully agree with Low TK when he said WP's not fighting to be the driver in the car but the driver needs a co-driver because when the driver is falling asleep, the co-driver can slap him awake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i got issues wif chen show mao

was at hougang jus now....

he speak like 'gu niang'.....

i dun like he said he is 'old' immigrant of SG.....

dun flame me....its just my opinion
    Well at least he spoke in all 4 languages of the country. He also said Singaporeans coward in pass elections for not voting for opposition which I don't really fancy but I respect him for making the efforts!!!

Nicole has better stage present then Chen shao Mao. If she join wp will definitely help to pull more votes for wp.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Well at least he spoke in all 4 languages of the country. He also said Singaporeans coward in pass elections for not voting for opposition which I don't really fancy but I respect him for making the efforts!!!
    It is valid statement though.

For PAP's Upgrading-Threat-to-Get-Votes and Give-You-Money-Only-At Elections tactic to work, PAP need Singaporeans to be weak in character, mercenary and 'cowardly'.

PAP must have feel it is extremely successful to use it for 20 odd years.

For PAP's Upgrading-Threat-to-Get-Votes tactic to work, PAP need Singaporeans to be weak in character and 'cowardly'.

Ah yes but we have a younger generation of Singaporeans now. Not so prone to being threatened. After all they are not afraid to go against their parents let alone the administrators running the country. Let's see how much Singaporeans have "grown up" during these years. The Opposition has thrown down the gauntlet or maybe some of you may be more familiar with the term "throwing the cards down on the table". It is their big gamble. Either they win one or two GRCs or they lose everything and Singapore is doomed to be one party only - all seats taken by PAP. Singaporeans need to think carefully and vote wisely.

I wonder if the PAP wishes NS is on their side. They have always longed to have more women in their ranks. However the women they choose have not been so "powerful" a presence as NS. This time they tried to field a young female candidate to appeal to the younger generation but they don't seem to have made a good choice. TPL has come against someone on the Opposition camp who outshines her in so many ways. Kudos to NSP to find such a gem at such a good time to counter the Sweet Young Thing attack on voters by PAP.

Last edited by chiaberry; 29-04-11 at 07:12.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Ah yes but we have a younger generation of Singaporeans now. Not so prone to being threatened. After all they are not afraid to go against their parents let alone the administrators running the country. Let's see how much Singaporeans have "grown up" during these years. The Opposition has thrown down the gauntlet or maybe some of you may be more familiar with the term "throwing the cards down on the table". It is their big gamble. Either they win one or two GRCs or they lose everything and Singapore is doomed to be one party only - all seats taken by PAP. Singaporeans need to think carefully and vote wisely.

I wonder if the PAP wishes NS is on their side. They have always longed to have more women in their ranks. However the women they choose have not been so "powerful" a presence as NS. This time they tried to field a young female candidate to appeal to the younger generation but they don't seem to have made a good choice. TPL has come against someone on the Opposition camp who outshines her in so many ways. Kudos to NSP to find such a gem at such a good time to counter the Sweet Young Thing attack on voters by PAP.

Most of women PAP MPs if you notice hardly hold important positions in government.

Most join just for career advancement.

Most of women PAP MPs if you notice hardly hold important positions in government.

Most join just for career advancement.
    Window dressing.....to show that PAP is not ***ist. My own feeling is that the important decisions are still made by the "men". Please somebody prove me wrong.

For PAP's Upgrading-Threat-to-Get-Votes and Give-You-Money-Only-At Elections tactic to work, PAP need Singaporeans to be weak in character, mercenary and 'cowardly'.

Valid only for those who voted PAP, not Singaporeans generally. I believe there are many Singaporeans who dare to vote opp but over the last many campaigns, its walk over.... Even in contested constituencies, there are those who voted for opp but not enough to win so its not that Singaporeans are coward.... This election is HISTORY in the making...

I think if Opposition win 10 seats (Aljunied + Bishan), that will make a "healthy" debate possible in Parliament. So PAP cannot "walk over" with their plans before hearing the arguments against.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCUy9ge-aIc

Chen Show Mao speech in Malay, Chinese and Hokkien

I still can't forget our honorable president Ong was not given a state funeral.

I think if Opposition win 10 seats (Aljunied + Bishan), that will make a "healthy" debate possible in Parliament. So PAP cannot "walk over" with their plans before hearing the arguments against.
    Apart from the 10 seats you've mentioned, I also hope Tampines go to opp, along with Hougang and PP SMC so all in all, its 17 seats to opp. Quite a realistic wake up call to PM and a good number for check and balance?
    Last edited by ysyap; 29-04-11 at 09:41.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I still can't forget our honorable president Ong was not given a state funeral.
    What's the story behind that?

IIRC, something to do with the reserves and his rights as the President to protect it.

What's the story behind that?
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Apart from the 10 seats you've mentioned, I also hope Tampines go to opp, along with Hougang and PP SMC so all in all, its 17 seats to opp. Quite a realistic wake up call to PM and a good number for check and balance?
    That would seem to be a healthy balance. But when it comes to the crunch, I wonder if Singaporeans can deliver that result?

That would seem to be a healthy balance. But when it comes to the crunch, I wonder if Singaporeans can deliver that result?
    we just cannot anyhow vote for OPP without considering their abilities and proposals/promises ...

they deserved to be voted in by their own merits and not just bcoz they shd be voted in to make up for the 1/3 strength

WP slogan very power this round....FIRST WORLD PARLIAMENT!

i only keep listening them shouting this slogan.....other den tat wat u hear from them?

according to them, those who continue to vote for PAP r cowards!

according to them, 1st world parliament must hf at least 1/3 opposition.....alternative voices.....but tat doesnt mean they r entitled to be voted in?!?!

tats my impression i received from last nite rally.....

tats why voter should really think thru before vote. for me i want to vote not only for my future also the next generaton future, not jus to have 1/3 to balance argument. if current govt has been working to attract more investment to create more job but yet ppl complaining abt not getting a good job. are we sure the opp can do better than current?

being a politician....image, knowledge, ability, both soft anf hard skills etc etc....whole package

not saying he is sissy or soft....jus gu niang voice...hehe....politician voice vy impt....nid to speak very welll and convincing too....its an ART
    his mandarin very POWER wor, smooth, fluid & end with a stab..haha. Come across to me as Zhuge Liang.

CSM, Can Show More... He don't need to be a warrior, his presence put the other party on guard already power liao

they deserved to be voted in by their own merits and not just bcoz they shd be voted in to make up for the 1/3 strength
    worse, they should not be voted for their own personal, or party's, glory !

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    worse, they should not be voted for their own personal, or party's, glory !
    Agreed... so also must watch those PAP candidates who only campaign behind the more influential members but are themselves not very confident...

Just a thought, PAP has an impressive record to maintain and is it wrong to ensure they keep that record? Is this equal to fighting for party's glory??? Who to say 'yes' or 'no'? Impossible to draw the line, isn't it?

Vote Opposition! Vote for lower property prices!

Over 15,000 attend Workers’ Party rally

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singa...221927038.html

An estimated 15,000 showed up for the Workers' Party rally. (Yahoo! photo)

An estimated 15,000 people who turned up at the Workers' Party (WP) rally on Thursday night went home impressed after listening to Chen Show Mao's maiden speech.

Chen -- who is contesting in Aljunied group representation constituency (GRC) with WP chief Low Thia Khiang, party chairman Sylvia Lim, Pritam Singh and Faisal Abdul Manap -- received one of the loudest cheers from the teeming mass of people gathered at a field along Hougang Central when he was introduced on stage.

The WP "star catch" went on to give his self-introductions in Malay and Tamil, before delivering his speech in English and Mandarin.

Calling the crowd "brothers and sisters", he said that he was heeding the call from the nation's leaders to come home and serve the country and that "it is good to be back to home."

During the course of his English speech, he touched on how wages were not increasing as fast as the country's GDP growth, highlighting that most of the growth went to corporate profits and wage income for top earners.

While speaking in Mandarin, Chen asked voters to think about their vote, before asking them to think about how many more "five years" they have left in their lives to choose their government.

WP secretary-general Low, who has been Hougang's MP for the past 20 years, also got the crowd cheering when he referred to Law and Home Affairs Minister K. Shanmugam calling the WP "a co-driver", whom Low felt is essential especially when "the road is hard to navigate."

To everyone's delight, he said, "The co-driver is there to slap the driver when he drives off-course or when he falls asleep!"

After which he added, "But of course, if he drives responsibly, then just keep talking to him to keep him awake."

Yaw Shin Leong, who will be replacing Low in Hougang and will go against the People's Action Party's Desmond Choo, talked about "the Hougang spirit" among residents and asked why they were penalised for supporting the opposition.

He got the crowd cheering towards the end of his speech when he asked them, "Will you support us?"

Hougang resident Marx Seet, an auditor, was one of the many thousands who responded, "Die, die, support you!"

People Yahoo! Singapore spoke to felt that it was a good start to WP's campaign to win votes, especially with their 'A' team facing a tough battle ahead in Aljunied GRC.

Workers' Party supporters brought their toy hammer to the rally. (Yahoo!/Liyana Low)

"It's the first time I've seen Singaporeans so passionate about something like this. But I do hope that crowds will translate into votes for them," said Kelvin Tey, 28.

Others felt that WP could do better with its rallies.

Said Deryck Chan, 25, "Some of the speakers could have done more to stir the crowds' emotions."

Second-time voter Juliana Yong added, "I'm here because I want to make an informed decision and get a clearer picture of who I want to vote for when I go to the polls."

For Ms M. Ng, 36, she was at the rally for a special reason.

"I came specially to hear his speech, I didn't even eat my dinner to come for this rally," she said, before screaming "Chen Show Mao, I love you!" when he was introduced on stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKaGs...layer_embedded
    Watch a video of the crowd at the rally.