Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Post Election Youtubes, Rallies, Photos and Videos Here

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    If that happens, Headline "GCT lose to NS"
    den queue outside silversea for starbuys!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    aiya...by ur reasoning....all the claims by the OPP aso extremme and hypothetical
    Minister pay zero is indeed extreme..
    ruling n opp parties alike r hypothetical in their debate..

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    There will always be capable people around (PAP or not) who are willing to do it for free if the need arises. What makes you think that only the current lot of PAP MPs can do the job? Are you saying people like Chen show Mao who has overseen the world's largest IPO can't handle domestic issues on taxation, CPF and allocation of funds for upgrading? He is just one example of a capable person, but there is a slew of candidates like Jeanette Chong, Hazel Poa, Tony Tan Lay Thiam, Goh Meng Seng, Ken Sun, who are skilled in public administration, management and finance who are equally capable as any PAP MP to helm the various department.
    Like tat also can be minister. Many ppl would have migrate if they can only these cannot migrate will stay suffering

after upgrading lifts n covered walkways, what else can they do? change light bulbs? if they wana change light bulbs, can i request, no white colour please, im sensitive to white, best is light blue colour, if not, orange, red also can

I know you support bimbos like this one below coz you can't differentiate between capable and the incapable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw8AUD3Mxpc (healthcare)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzXYq...eature=related (education)

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    Like tat also can be minister. Many ppl would have migrate if they can only these cannot migrate will stay suffering

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Can anybody tell me who are the election officials manning the polling station and voting booths? Are they cheng hu people or volunteers?
    cheng hu lang from diff ministries

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    If a Minister still need a almost 90 years old man to be Mentor, fight for him and canvassing votes for him, what does it make of the Minister and his team ??

How often and how long can an old man help him?

MM Lee cannot help him forever .

He is Minister and yet he cannot fight his own battles. It makes his and his team's working experience for past 30 years almost non-existent.

How to trust Singaporean's future to such a Minister and his team ?
    So can trust warehouse assistant or admin clerk? Becos they know the ground?

So can trust warehouse assistant or admin clerk? Becos they know the ground?
    ?????????????

Catch No Ball

?????????????

Catch No Ball
    Those are opp candidates u are opp super fan don even know watt calibre they have?

Those are opp candidates u are opp super fan don even know watt calibre they have?
    Of course I know but I did not know Sylvia Lim, Chen Show Mao, James Gomez, Tan Jee Say, Tony Tan, Low Thia Khiang, Nicole Seah etc are warehouse assistants and administrative clerks.

This is why I catch no ball.

so you are saying MPs like Mah Bow Tan and Khor Boon Wan are very high calibre? Do they have first class honours degrees from cambridge/Oxford/Stanford, rhodes scholarship and with impeccable minister record for the past 5 years with no blemishes in their policy making? Many people on the ground now pui chao nua at MBT's housing policy and KBW's policies that lead to high medical cost (which includes medicine, surgery, outpatient treatments and check-ups in case you don't know). If they are of such high calibre, how come so many people are against them on the ground?

all these toks about each individual candidates r pointless....

one must look at braoder picture....

i see LKT as the leader of the whole opposition vs PM Lee for the PAP....

slapping each other in the parliament may just happen if OPP gain more powers

i rather slyvia or guniang be the leader or my fav gerald!....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Are you saying people like Chen show Mao who has overseen the world's largest IPO can't handle domestic issues on taxation, CPF and allocation of funds for upgrading? He is just one example of ...
    YES I'm saying this Chen may not be capable. What "overseeing world's largest IPO " ? He's a bloodsucking lawyer, drafting IPO docs is nothing. I'm in this line, i can tell you external lawyer is the last thing u worry abt when u do IPO, or any other deal. He MAY be capable, but his speech does not give me any confidence. You concluded too fast.

Why I then consider PAP guys capable ? For the ex MAS guy, YES. Because many ppl in the financial sector dealt with him for many years. He earns it.

The gist of the problem is that, very few ppl have the real exposure to actually judge a person's capability in running a country. In the end this election wayang becomes all about petty issues.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    YES I'm saying this Chen may not be capable. What "overseeing world's largest IPO " ? He's a bloodsucking lawyer, drafting IPO docs is nothing. I'm in this line, i can tell you external lawyer is the last thing u worry abt when u do IPO, or any other deal. He MAY be capable, but his speech does not give me any confidence. You concluded too fast.

Why I then consider PAP guys capable ? For the ex MAS guy, YES. Because many ppl in the financial sector dealt with him for many years. He earns it.

The gist of the problem is that, very few ppl have the real exposure to actually judge a person's capability in running a country. In the end this election wayang becomes all about petty issues.
    but guniang is better den ah beng....HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    Minister pay zero is indeed extreme..
    ruling n opp parties alike r hypothetical in their debate..
    No one is clean when it comes to politics.
    My point abt 0 pay for minister is for ppl to think abt the root of their anger : you arr so upset really because PAP never did a good job, or you simply resent the million $ pay ?

a leader dun nid to be an all rounder.....

there is a diffference between a prime minister position vs a let say finance minister

if prime minister is weak....tats it....

i seriously and honestly tink tat OPP lack of a strong leader

but guniang is better den ah beng....HAHA
    Absolutely! That's why I said he MAY not. i dun know anything abt him.
    For that ah beng, i really have nothing gd abt him. Over all theses years. Sylvia lim should have done something else.

Looks like we are the same, you are are pro-PAP and I am pro-Opposition.

LOL.

And abt reserve , or GIC's portfolio.. "I have a right to know !!"

If I tell u GIC invested 2.5bln in some unknown private equity in 2009, you are going to shout " what , waste pp.'s money, my money !! You arr not accountable !! 2,5bln is 500 per head, can give as subsidy!!" blah blah. Especially from wending i think.

Now it's a high chance this 2.5 will become 50 This should be public so u dun assume i have privileged info.

Things like these must be kept with limited group of ppl, not your wenqing for sure!

LOL.
    No i dun have a problem with opposition. I like Sylvia, Tan, and even Nicole
    I have a problem with YOU.

LOL.
    me not same....

as long PM Lee is still around....OPP will find it hard to break thru

after PM Lee step down, den different story....

just hope for the best

pls include gerald in ur list ? please? hehe

how abt jeannette and alec...not saying they r of leader quality....but i find them gd speaker and vy composed

oh ya, pls take out NS out of ur list la....she is only fit for MISS Singapore

me not same....

as long PM Lee is still around....OPP will find it hard to break thru

after PM Lee step down, den different story....

just hope for the best
    This is why we should help build up an alternative now since there are still peace as there are already signs of PAP internal strife now.

Dont worry about me.

I am not the one affecting your future and your children's future.

This is why we should help build up an alternative now since there are still peace as there are already signs of PAP internal strife now.
    find them a leader first

find them a leader first
    WP then.

Somebody need to lead right ?

WP is going on their own path and aiming to be next government step by step but WP cannot do it alone.

WP need voters.

I am for the theory, just pick one Opposition Party is enough and help make it strong.

Then Singapore will have 2 dominant parties instead of one.

If GE 2011 results are good for Opposition, most probably they will merge by GE 2011 to vie for government.

WP then.

Somebody need to lead right ?

WP is going on their own path and aiming to be next government step by step but WP cannot do it alone.

WP need voters.

I am for the theory, just pick one Opposition Party is enough and help make it strong.

Then Singapore will have 2 dominant parties instead of one.

If GE 2011 results are good for Opposition, most probably they will merge by GE 2011 to vie for government.
    ic.....but sorry ....seriously LTK cannot be the leader

he totally bo leadership qualities.....underground ring leader possible

LOL

You know why LTK recruit so many younger chaps like Gerald and better people who are more capable than himself right ??

He is looking far and already said that the renewal process will be complete once he himself is renewed.

Will the Lees and core PAP leaders do that ??

You know why PAP recruited weaker people this time round right ?

This is because the core leadership wants to remain around for a long time without more capable threathening their own positions.

LTK already said he is not aiming for PM post, he is looking to grow Opposition first and by that time, when WP grow enough to be government, he would have retired.

We are talking about 15-20 years (3-4 elections) range starting from now.

At this age, LTK at most left 2 more elections.

LTK intentions already made public which is why he is not afraid to step out of comfort zone to go Aljunied GRC.

His last and only ambition left is to grow Opposition and retire.

He has no burden of aiming to be PM unlike the core PAP leaders who remain in comfort zone GRCs.

Then who can the next leader in the ruling party?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Then who can the next leader in the ruling party?
    i duno tats y i said it earlier tat opposition got chance after PM Lee step down in future