Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laguna Park in en bloc market again

Default Laguna Park in en bloc market again

Read in today's ST, Laguna Park asking for $1.2bil in enbloc:

Apr 27, 2011

IN THE ST NEWSPAPER TODAY
    2nd bid by Laguna Park owners to sell en bloc

By Cheryl Lim

It is believed owners of Laguna Park's 528 units have been told they could receive up to $2.3 million per unit. -- FILE PHOTO

RESIDENTS at Laguna Park condominium have voted for a collective sale, two years after an earlier bid was called off.
    The Straits Times understands that the sales committee secured the 80 per cent mandate last Thursday.

If enbloc goes through and new owner who bought a unit after the 16th of January have to pay 16%?

Quote Originally Posted by gap969
    If enbloc goes through and new owner who bought a unit after the 16th of January have to pay 16%?
    No, the 16% stamp duty does not applyin this case.

You sure? Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by skylark

Quote Originally Posted by skylark
    I believe the 16% Seller's stamp duty is applicable in this case. According to IRAS definition of "acquisition and disposal", collective sale and purchase is one of the transaction categories which is subject to SSD

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.todayonline.com/Business/...c-market-again

Laguna Park in en bloc market again

by Jo-Ann Huang Limin

04:47 AM May 19, 2011

SINGAPORE - Laguna Park residents will be pocketing about S$2.2 million each from the successful sale of the property, which will be put up for tender on May 24.

With a plot ratio of 2.8, Laguna Park's price works out to S$975 per square foot per plot ratio.

The 528-unit, 677,493 sq ft property is making a second collective sale attempt with Knight Frank as its sole marketing agent.

Knight Frank said the 33-year-old Laguna Park possesses many quality traits - it is the only available landsite along Marine Parade with a seafront view and it sits on a rectangular-shaped plot.

But the winning buyer would be tasked with a potential 1,580 units for the redeveloped site, said Mr Tan Tiong Cheng, chairman of the Knight Frank marketing team handling Laguna Park's sale.

He maintains that with a rectangle-shaped plot, a consortium of developers could split the land up and sell the units in phases.

The firm is currently marketing the project to large property developers as well as a number of foreign ones.

Knight Frank has also highlighted Pine Grove as one of the key competitors to Laguna Park.

On top of Pine Grove, the marketing agent pointed out the large supply of government land and other key en bloc projects as competition.

Meanwhile, the overall sentiment among residents of Laguna Park is one of confidence.

"Residents are more positive about the sale this time around because property market is more robust and developers are building up their land bank now. The previous time it was put on sale was about 2009, when the property market sunk due to the Lehman Brothers crisis," said a resident who declined to be named. JO-ANN HUANG

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...130620/1/.html

Laguna Park on en bloc sale
    By Travis Teo | Posted: 23 May 2011 1539 hrs

SINGAPORE: Laguna Park, a residential redevelopment site in District 15, is up for en bloc sale at an expected price of S$1.33 billion.

This is the second time the development has been put up for sale, with a previous attempt in October 2009.

Sole marketing agent Knight Frank said the prime leasehold site is located along Marine Parade Road and has a land area of nearly 63,000 square metres.

The land is zoned for residential use at a plot ratio of 2.8.

Laguna Park currently comprises 516 residential apartments and 12 commercial units with sizes ranging from 135 square metres to nearly 315 square metres.

Knight Frank said this translates to a land price of S$975 per square foot per plot ratio, based on the potential gross floor area of about 176,000 square metres and the expected price of S$1.33 billion.

It added Laguna Park is a rare site where potential developers can capitalise on the unblocked sea views which span 300 metres and a clear city skyline.

The tender will close in the afternoon of July 5.

-CNA/wk

975 psf ppr.. seems cheap le...

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/PrimeNew...ry_671851.html

May 24, 2011

$1.33 billion price tag for Laguna Park site

If successful, it will be Singapore's second-largest collective sale

By Cheryl Lim

Knight Frank says the development, with a plot ratio of 2.8, is a 'rare and sizeable' plot of land with a more than 300m span of sea frontage.
    If former HUDC estate Laguna Park's latest bid goes through, each resident stands to get between $2.35 million for a 1,453 sq ft apartment and $4.5 million for a 3,369 sq ft penthouse unit. The 677,493 sq ft site comprises 516 residential apartments and 12 commercial units. -- ST PHOTO: LIM SIN THAI

FORMER Housing and Urban Development Company (HUDC) estate Laguna Park is set to become Singapore's second-largest collective sale, if a developer is willing to pay the $1.33 billion asking price.

The sale tender for the huge site on Marine Parade Road, with commanding sea views, was launched yesterday by marketing agent Knight Frank.

The record for a collective sale is held by Farrer Court, another former HUDC estate, which sold for $1.34 billion in 2007. This worked out to about $762 to $783 per sq ft per plot ratio (psf ppr) for the 838,488 sq ft plot.

Laguna Park comprises 516 residential apartments and 12 commercial units on a somewhat smaller 677,493 sq ft site. This means the price psf ppr for the asking price is quite a bit higher at $975.

The asking price includes about $250 million to top up the 99-year lease and a development charge of almost $269 million to enhance the property's use.

Laguna Park was previously put up for sale at $1.2 billion in 2009. A possible sale fell through as the sales committee ran out of time trying to get the minimum consent level from owners for a lower price.

If the latest bid comes off, residents of the 34-year-old condo each stand to receive between $2.35 million for a 1,453 sq ft apartment and $4.5 million for a 3,369 sq ft penthouse unit.

Last month, new homes in nearby development Silversea hit an average selling price of $1,726 psf. Units in another nearby project Cote D'Azur averaged a selling price of $1,094 psf during the same period.

All 12 of Laguna Park's commercial units are 1,636 sq ft and are owned by the HDB, which stands to receive a total of $22.2 million from the development's sale.

Knight Frank says the development, with a plot ratio of 2.8, is a 'rare and sizeable' plot of land with a more than 300m span of sea frontage.

Knight Frank chairman Tan Tiong Cheng said: 'The proposed new development will enjoy breathtaking sea views, a dramatic city skyline and lush surroundings, all within visual range.'

The site is located near well-established schools such as Tao Nan School, Victoria Junior Collage and St Patrick's School. Recreational facilities such as those at East Coast Park are within walking distance.

Plans are in place to build an Eastern Region MRT Line to link residential estates in the east such as Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade and Upper East Coast to the Marina Bay area.

Laguna Park joins the list of mega collective sale sites that have come up for sale in recent months. Many including Tulip Garden and Hawaii Tower have failed to sell.

Launched in March, the $1.7 billion tender for Pine Grove condominium in Ulu Pandan closed last month.

Marketing agents for the 893,219 sq ft site say they are in discussion with some parties. Under collective sale rules, a 10-week period is allowed after the tender closes for private treaties to be ironed out. Pine Grove's 10-week period ends on June 27.

Laguna Park may find it difficult to buck the trend of attempted sales that fail, say market observers.

Dr Chua Yang Liang, head of research at Jones Lang LaSalle, said an anticipated oversupply of residential units set to hit the market over the next few years may have led developers to take a more cautious approach.

Buying such a big site would mean taking on a bigger risk, said Dr Chua. 'It's more likely that the bigger property developers might take part in this tender. But I don't rule out smaller developers or even foreign property players coming together through joint ventures to make a bid for the land.'

[email protected]

At $975 psf ppr means that breakeven price would be about $1400 psf and expected selling price would be at least $1600 psf. It seems rather risky at this price for such a huge project. Maybe at $750 psf ppr may have some interests.

So many large condos are attempting to enbloc these few months, are there so many number of deep-pocket developers? I doubt so. Many attempts will fail or only succeed at significantly lower psf. If I were the developer I will go for GLS, where I can just get the land around 300-400 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    So many large condos are attempting to enbloc these few months, are there so many number of deep-pocket developers? I doubt so. Many attempts will fail or only succeed at significantly lower psf. If I were the developer I will go for GLS, where I can just get the land around 300-400 psf.
    I tend to agree with you, but if you want choice locations (seaview especially), I doubt you can source from GLS.

In my opinion, only through joint ventures with foreign developers, can we see such mega successful en blocs.

Just my 2s worth..

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    which GLS is at 300-400 psf now?

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    which GLS is at 300-400 psf now?
    Maybe hyenergix is "predicting" that with Khaw as the new minister in charge, it will fall to these levels.

I doubt it, though...

My 2 worth.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    I believe the 16% Seller's stamp duty is applicable in this case. According to IRAS definition of "acquisition and disposal", collective sale and purchase is one of the transaction categories which is subject to SSD
    Therefore if this goes through the guy who bought a unit for 1.47mio in Feb
    Would still stand to make 500K after 16% deduction.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    Maybe hyenergix is "predicting" that with Khaw as the new minister in charge, it will fall to these levels.

I doubt it, though...

My 2 worth.
    I din really keep track of recent GLS v closely bcoz they r usu 99LH. I'm outdated on this by 1-2 yrs! Now shd b ard 600 psf?

At 975 psf per plot ratio which translates to breakeven of 1300-1400 psf, it does not make sense for any developer to bite into this development at that price.....

The profit margin does not justify, it will be another failed attempt.....

Quote Originally Posted by condoinvestor
    At 975 psf per plot ratio which translates to breakeven of 1300-1400 psf, it does not make sense for any developer to bite into this development at that price.....

Never say never....stranger things can/have happened..

No vested interests..

Just my 2 worth..

Quote Originally Posted by condoinvestor

Silversea transacting avg close to $1,600psf. Guess that provided the reference point.

for Silversea, big units with seaview

48 Marine Parade Road #15-10
    99 Yrs From 20/07/2007
    $2178psf

48 Marine Parade Road #16-09
    99 Yrs From 20/07/2007
    $2258

50 Marine Parade Road #19-12
    99 Yrs From 20/07/2007
    $1932

the last column is the area
    so if Laguna Park, building into small units, the potential is there
    with 2.8 plot ratio and 36th storey height...

Good luck for those silversea buyer, 1400psf can easily get you a nice unit at the edge of CCR...think they have to stay till retirement.....

Interesting read from KE:

Laguna Park has advantage over Pine Grove, say analysts
    Sea view frontage, rectangle-shaped land plot give it en bloc edge

04:47 AM May 30, 2011
    by Jo-Ann Huang Limin
    SINGAPORE - Pine Grove and Laguna Park (picture) are currently the two most expensive en bloc properties up for sale, costing about S$1.7 billion and S$1.33 billion respectively.
    But analysts said Laguna Park's sea view frontage along Marine Parade Road and its rectangle-shaped land plot put it in a more advantageous position over Pine Grove in terms of attracting potential developers to bid for the sites.
    They added that Laguna Park is the only seafront land parcel available at the moment and its rectangle-shaped plot allows for a consortium of developers to divide up the land among themselves.
    With a total area of 677,493 sq ft, Laguna Park is also considerably cheaper than Pine Grove.
    Inclusive of the development charge of S$269 million and S$250 million of lease-top-up, it works out to S$1.85 billion or S$975 per sq ft per plot ratio.
    Pine Grove, on the other hand, is located in Ulu Pandan and sits on an irregular-shaped plot of 893,219 sq ft.
    Pine Grove will cost developers S$2.17 billion or S$1,152 per sq ft per plot ratio in total, inclusive of the S$460 million development charge.
    "At the end of the day, it boils down to price," said Ms Christina Sim, director of investment sales at Cushman & Wakefield.
    "Laguna Park's larger plot ratio allows the winning developer to build up to 36 storeys. Although it is a smaller plot compared to Pine Grove, the intensity to build is there. The buildable areas for both sites are about the same," said Ms Sim.
    For instance, with a land area of 677,493 sq ft and plot ratio of 2.1, the redeveloped Laguna Park is able to yield about 1,600 units at 1,200 sq ft each.
    With a plot ratio of 2.1, Pine Grove is able to yield about 1,500 units at the same size per unit.
    "Both properties have their own charm," said Ms Sim. "Pine Grove is near the Buona Vista business parks and near Holland Village. But people will still pay for seafront views," she added, citing East Coast property Silversea's latest transaction prices of up to S$2,000 per sq ft.
    Analysts have told MediaCorp previously that a reserve price with a discount of 20 to 25 per cent is more "realistic" for Pine Grove.
    This translates to about S$1.275 billion to S$1.36 billion, or about S$924 to S$970 per sq ft per plot ratio.
    With private property price growth moderating, Pine Grove's massive size may also prove too risky for property developers, added analysts.
    Pine Grove, which sits within a landed housing enclave, is likely to sell at a market range of S$1,400 to S$1,500 per sq ft, said analysts.
    This is based on the nearby D'Leedon's selling price of S$1,600 per sq ft. "D'Leedon has a price advantage because it fronts Farrer Road," said Ms Sim.
    Pine Grove's marketing agent Jones Lang LaSalle did not provide MediaCorp with any update on any bids submitted but it has the until end of next month to negotiate a private treaty with interested parties.

URL http://www.todayonline.com/Business/...,-say-analysts
    Copyright 2011 MediaCorp Pte Ltd | All Rights Reserved

NB : the plot ratio of LP shall be 2.8

Folks, today is the closing for Laguna Park's en bloc....

Hmmm....

Default http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1139056/1/.html

Laguna Park's 2nd en bloc sale offer closes
    By Ryan Huang | Posted: 05 July 2011 2026 hrs

SINGAPORE: The tender for the collective sale of Laguna Park has closed.

Its marketing agent Knight Frank declined to elaborate if any bids were received in the tender, or if the bids matched its reserve price.

Knight Frank would only say it is in the process of negotiating with an interested party.

The marketing agent has another 10 weeks to finalise a sale or negotiate a private treaty with interested parties, before the en bloc process collapses.

Experts speculate that Knight Frank's reluctance to reveal more details could mean a lack of strong interest for the site.

This is the second time the 33-year-old condominium has been put up for sale.

The asking price this time is S$1.33 billion, higher than the S$1.2 million price tag in an earlier attempt in October 2009.

If the sale goes through this time, Laguna Park residents could pocket about S$2.2 million each from the successful sale of the property.

- CNA/ck
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Cool

anyone has any updates on the laguna park en-bloc?

What do you think with the tender closes in early July?

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    anyone has any updates on the laguna park en-bloc?

As stated by DC 33 2008 that the tender closed in early July, I understand that should there be any private treaties, it must made known by the 10th week from the close of the tender. Obviously since nothing has been said so far, it means no bids were above the reserve price.

Therefore, even if there are offers via private treaties, the residents must "re-vote" again to agree to sell at that lower price.

Technically, the en bloc is still "ON".

My 's worth.

This is quite a big cake to eat. With the current economic climate, the offer may not be so lucrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    As stated by DC 33 2008 that the tender closed in early July, I understand that should there be any private treaties, it must made known by the 10th week from the close of the tender. Obviously since nothing has been said so far, it means no bids were above the reserve price.

Therefore, even if there are offers via private treaties, the residents must "re-vote" again to agree to sell at that lower price.

Technically, the en bloc is still "ON".

My 's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    This is quite a big cake to eat. With the current economic climate, the offer may not be so lucrative.
    My view is that it is a mammoth project that can only be eaten by either a giant developer or a consortium of developers.

Another recent en bloc that has lapsed is St Patrick's Garden almost 1 km away from LP. This development is more "bite-sized" and is delicious too as there are speculations that there may be a MRT station just across where it is sited. Also good schools are within its 1km vicinity.

The tender has already closed on 28th July, but yet again from what I understand, there were no bids above the reserve price.

I am hearing that are negotiations for a lower price, so lets wait for future developments (pun intended).

My 's worth.