Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: One Leicester (D13, Freehold, by Centrepoint Homes)

nil Guest

Default Re: One Leicester (D13, Freehold, by Centrepoint Homes)

Hi! I am the snooping guy who wrote about OL.

paperplate Guest

Just went to see a 2 bedder unit at stack 04.

Selling points:
    1) Nice layout, good furnishing and decent worksmanship
    2)Unblocked cityview and windy
    3)Good sizeable land size and full condo facilities
    4)Near to MRT and yet Freehold
    5) Near to good and reputable ST Andrew Schools

Bad points:
    1)Very heavy traffic from the PIE and to me the noise level is almost unbearable especially I am a light sleeper.
    2)Traffic conditions can be quite bad around the area
    3)Although windy, the air can be quite polluted.

Conclusion, I would say all the 2 bedders facing the PIE r not so suitable for long term self stay as it poses noise and air pollution which can be hazardous to our health in the long run. For those who turn on aircon for the whole day, the noise is very much minimised once u close up all the windows.

However, this project possess gd investment rental yield for its proximity to the city central and MRT is just a few steps away.

Personally, I would go for the 3bedroom units facing the direct full length poolview for investment or self stay. I believe 3 bedroom units will be selling very well as it is away from the PIE and it attracts families who want to enrol their kids at nearby school. By looking at the recent caveats, 3bedrm units are by far the most sellable.

I hope no hard feelings for all the 2 bedder owners. First owners will be sitting on healthy paper gains and the rental yield will be above 7% based on ur orginal purchase price..so it is still a gd investment afterall!

I think that 2 bedder face PIE can view the EYE of Singapore and more good view then those facing Hougang and pool view (all condo have pool view.

Height also play a part if you live higher thaN 12 FLOORS IS A ADVANTAGE .

ndp FIRE WORK CAN BE SEEN IF YOU HAVE A pie VIEW.

iS MY 2 CENTS OPINION. yOU MAY DEFER.

walter Guest

PropertyHunter,

I fully concurred with you b'cos I owned a unit at top of OL (not your unit lah) at very good vantage pt. Noise is a relative thing when you have all the condos in prime city facing roads,exp w and what not. Behind the double-glaze windows, sound is almost totally shut-out. Come 2010 when Kallang Basin, Marina Bay, CBD and Orchard/ Newton areas are done up and light up with Fireworks for all occassion, we will see the difference between facing the Hougang poolside and facing the PIE view. Cheers !!

TANSC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    I think that 2 bedder face PIE can view the EYE of Singapore and more good view then those facing Hougang and pool view (all condo have pool view.

Height also play a part if you live higher thaN 12 FLOORS IS A ADVANTAGE .

ndp FIRE WORK CAN BE SEEN IF YOU HAVE A pie VIEW.

iS MY 2 CENTS OPINION. yOU MAY DEFER.

If you want 2 bedders, go for stack 04! It has its main living/dining areas' planter/balcony sliding doors facing hougang where you avoided the noise if you are concern about this effect of close city living for this project. It still retains a smaller bay window (can choose to close it) facing the flyer / cityview. So owners for this stack of 2 bedders actually get the best of both worlds!

Apart from stack 4, I think stack 3 is alos not bad. The best layout and biggest among the PIE unit, good ventilation (extra windows at bedroom passage area) and more daylight from living/dining/study/bedrooms. The planter areas biggest and offer the best view vantage point (stack 7 planter has a wall blockage and weird study room shape without the extra window at bdroom passage). Access to lobby/facility/Gym is also best compared to other units. just MHO

Vested Party Guest

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    Apart from stack 4, I think stack 3 is alos not bad. The best layout and biggest among the PIE unit, good ventilation (extra windows at bedroom passage area) and more daylight from living/dining/study/bedrooms. The planter areas biggest and offer the best view vantage point (stack 7 planter has a wall blockage and weird study room shape without the extra window at bdroom passage). Access to lobby/facility/Gym is also best compared to other units. just MHO
    JUST IMHO, the project has its good and bad points as raised above; it will depend on who is assessing it! Nevertheless asking prices for this project that just TOP is very much pretty reasonable! As a Fact; CP homes will be launching its 99 yr site very soon, with its URA land price of SGD 434 psf secured in July 2007 and with today's construction rate; it has to go for SGD 850 to 900 psf to make 10% profit when launch for sales in June! The site is also smaller, only about 35% of OL's site and lesser facilities for sure! Most importantly, OL is FH, so don't anyone think OL should easily go at around SGD 900 to 1000 psf. However, the not so good sentiments hanging around these days are preventing its price from hitting that level. Average caveat prices from Jan to Apr 08 indicates only SGD 865 psf!

Oppostion Ward Guest

Smile Re: One Leicester (D13, Freehold, by Centrepoint Homes)

Quote Originally Posted by Vested Party
    JUST IMHO, the project has its good and bad points as raised above; it will depend on who is assessing it! Nevertheless asking prices for this project that just TOP is very much pretty reasonable! As a Fact; CP homes will be launching its 99 yr site very soon, with its URA land price of SGD 434 psf secured in July 2007 and with today's construction rate; it has to go for SGD 850 to 900 psf to make 10% profit when launch for sales in June! The site is also smaller, only about 35% of OL's site and lesser facilities for sure! Most importantly, OL is FH, so don't anyone think OL should easily go at around SGD 900 to 1000 psf. However, the not so good sentiments hanging around these days are preventing its price from hitting that level. Average caveat prices from Jan to Apr 08 indicates only SGD 865 psf!

Now it went as low as S$798 for 3 bedder. S$806 for 2 bedder. The OL bridge
    is falling down.

paperplate Guest

As first owners bot OL at around 600-700psf, It is not surprising to see some panicky sellers dropping their asking prices for a quick sale especially during this lull period.

As for those units facing PIE, the debate is on cityview vs traffic noise.

I have pointed out earlier that I prefer quieter facing rather than nice unblocked cityview. However, it is up to the individual to decide what they want. Those condo in D15 boosts itself with seaview, but facing ECP are also selling like hotcakes.

To me, nice view does not last very long. U maybe attracted to buy a unit for its great view, but after 6mths to 1 yr later, everything boils down to its location, convenience and monthly installment.

LEE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paperplate
    As first owners bot OL at around 600-700psf, It is not surprising to see some panicky sellers dropping their asking prices for a quick sale especially during this lull period.

As for those units facing PIE, the debate is on cityview vs traffic noise.

I have pointed out earlier that I prefer quieter facing rather than nice unblocked cityview. However, it is up to the individual to decide what they want. Those condo in D15 boosts itself with seaview, but facing ECP are also selling like hotcakes.

To me, nice view does not last very long. U maybe attracted to buy a unit for its great view, but after 6mths to 1 yr later, everything boils down to its location, convenience and monthly installment.
    are u trying you bait here!!!! newspaper n radio not enough!!!!

Vested Party Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Oppostion Ward
    is falling down.
    If owners selling at these prices, buyers should pick up, CP homes won't even be selling at such prices as that these prices are below breakeven for them! This itself will be a support for OL project.

I for one shall be holding and if sells only when CP homes are selling! Anyway, cashing out at lower margin now may be meaningless too considering that under current inflation environment, is there other better way to put away / invest such little profit margins? Furthermore, (1) HDB flats buyers still asking high prices, though lower C.O.V. now already. (2) Main developers are not giving in to lower prices yet so no new launches / supplys. (3) Now sentiments already quite bad, how worse can it be? (4) Basically, you sell one, replacement pty px still high, how sure that they will drop?...

So those selling really cannot tahun ones lah. Maybe got burnt in stocks or cannot obtain loans to pay 65% TOP progress payment due this month!

Vested Party Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Oppostion Ward
    is falling down.
    For the benefit of all to understand the market properly instead of hearing false bluffs around. Just see for yourself!

CASA MEYA just across the road, an apartment status project are transacted in the 900 psf to 1000 psf region!

Pls see below caveats lodged with URA!

MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 785,000 807 972 Mar-08
    CASA MEYA
    MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 848,930 807 1,052 Mar-08
    CASA MEYA
    MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 800,000 807 991 Mar-08
    CASA MEYA
    MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 780,000 807 966 Mar-08
    CASA MEYA
    MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 783,930 807 971 Feb-08
    CASA MEYA
    MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 1,218,000 1,206 1,010 Feb-08
    CASA MEYA
    MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 768,930 807 952 Feb-08
    CASA MEYA
    MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 800,000 807 991 Feb-08
    CASA MEYA
    MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 808,000 807 1,001 Feb-08
    CASA MEYA
    MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 850,000 807 1,053 Feb-08
    CASA MEYA
    MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 843,930 807 1,045 Feb-08
    CASA MEYA
    MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 805,965 807 998 Feb-08
    CASA MEYA
    MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 805,965 807 998 Feb-08
    CASA MEYA
    MEYAPPA CHETTIAR ROAD Apartment 848,000 807

This together with CP homes impending launching prices (URA land, CP homes can't hold and not launch for too long lah!) of at least 850 psf onwards are positive support news to all OL owners that they have a good freehold investment property on hand!

worried Guest

Is this area under PAP or OPPOSITION?

I am afraid the general public area will be run down if it is opposition like Hougang and Potong Pasir.

I am also worried about the noise from the PIE. That one is 24 hour heavy traffic. I cannot stand noise, if it is really that noisy I think I will go nuts.

Also, what kind of neighbours? Are they HDB upgraders? I hope they won't bring their disgusting HDB habits here if they decide to move in.

John Guest

I live in a mid-end condominium with average selling price of $1,400 psf. However, some residents behave worse than those living in one-room HDB flats. More than 85% of Singaporeans live in HDB flats. It is wrong to generalise that all HDB dwellers including those upgrading to private homes behave worse than those living in private apartments and condominiums.

paperplate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I live in a mid-end condominium with average selling price of $1,400 psf. However, some residents behave worse than those living in one-room HDB flats. More than 85% of Singaporeans live in HDB flats. It is wrong to generalise that all HDB dwellers including those upgrading to private homes behave worse than those living in private apartments and condominiums.
    I agree with you. It all depends on your pure luck to have good neighbours!

Remember the landed homes saga? There is simply many weird ppl around regardless of their financial and education background.

Default Wander Full View (Facing PIE)

I complain on Noisy the Developer give me free Ear protection head wear (PHILIP)for all my family member.
    Complain about air pollution from PIE they bo biah give me free supply of Air Purifier from OTO.

I complain of firework during occasions they tint my glass with SUN Shav and give me a fire extinguisher incase.

Very caring MA.

JUST FOR Laugh

Nil Guest

CP homes asking for it tryig to sell leasehold at OL's doorstep.

Cloud Guest

Default Apt

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I intend to move to D12 and looking for a property with
    budget about 750k(3bedrooms).any good advice?
    max 0.7km from any MRT stations Boon Keng/Potong pasir
    or Ferrar Park.
    I think you can try searching for an apartment instead of condo...or u can try Intero or platunum edge (but low floor and direct sun)...y not just wait till end year maybe property price will drop...

NIL NIL Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud
    I think you can try searching for an apartment instead of condo...or u can try Intero or platunum edge (but low floor and direct sun)...y not just wait till end year maybe property price will drop...

OR wait for CP homes new launch, leasehold 99 yr type, 90 units i think available. Can get u a size of 833 sqft at 900psf, a 2 bedder, not so bad!

Lousy Investment Guest

Ready for the down fall.

OL resident will NOT be spare.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lousy Investment
    Ready for the down fall.

OL resident will NOT be spare.
    After shemale like you is dead or useless to the males lor!

Lousy Investment Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    After shemale like you is dead or useless to the males lor!
    You have nice as-s for me . I think you are ready to jump from top floor of OL if the price also dive. I mean NOT only OL properties have been moving down everywhere in Singapore. Is fact let face it.

So smile for those intend buyer have not vested. Ready for a kill, is reward time for your patient.

Good Investment Guest

You have nice as-s for me . I think you are ready to jump from top floor of OL if the price also dive. I mean NOT only OL properties have been moving down everywhere in Singapore. Is fact let face it.

So smile for those intend buyer have not vested. Ready for a kill, is reward time for your patient.
    You have nice as-s for me . I think you are ready to vaporise into the air of OL if the price shot into the air. I mean NOT only OL properties have been moving up everywhere in Singapore as per the figures provided by URA. Is fact let face it.

So smile for those who have vested. Ready for a kill, is reward time for your patient.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Good Investment
    You have nice as-s for me . I think you are ready to vaporise into the air of OL if the price shot into the air. I mean NOT only OL properties have been moving up everywhere in Singapore as per the figures provided by URA. Is fact let face it.

So smile for those who have vested. Ready for a kill, is reward time for your patient.
    One says down. One says up. Both are talking cock.

Unregistered. Guest

Buyers forfeit deposits to exit deals
    Developers left facing unsold inventory as tighter loans and falling markets hit sentiment

Yvonne Liu
    Jun 18, 2008 , SCMP

Growing numbers of would-be home buyers in Beijing and Shenzhen are choosing to forfeit their deposits and withdraw from offers to buy homes as the uncertain outlook for the mainland property market erodes confidence.
    Home buyers in Beijing have the right not to proceed with purchases and return properties to developers during a "cooling-off" period of seven days, but any deposits that typically range from 20,000 yuan (HK$22,668) to 30,000 yuan will be lost.

In Shanghai, where agents said buyers had also begun cancelling deals since last month, the cooling-off period is two days and if buyers withdraw from their contracts within this period their deposits are returned.

While the system gives buyers a second chance to reconsider their investments, it may become a nightmare for developers.

According to data compiled by the Beijing local government and quoted in the Beijing Morning Post, 0.72 per cent to 3.92 per cent of buyers of four large residential projects in Beijing did not proceed with their purchases since early this year.

The situation has since worsened, said Li Wenjie, the general manager of Centaline (China) in the city. "Investors have lost money on the stock market and now they worry that property prices will drop further because of the falls on the stock market," he said.

Ten new residential projects in Beijing received sale consents in April and last month and data shows that 2.8 per cent to 8.72 per cent of the buyers did not proceed with their purchases and returned the properties to the developers, Mr Li said.

"However, it would be unusual to see the percentage increase by much more than this, or, say, to more than 5 per cent [on average]," he added.

Many of the buyers now withdrawing from proposed deals were middle-income investors who had suffered the most as a result of the declines in share prices. Most had bought properties around the Fifth Ring Road for 10,000 yuan per square metre, he added.

In Shanghai, Jessica Jiang, a deputy manager at Century 21, said the situation was not as bad as Beijing as property prices did not rise sharply last year. "Property prices remained stable after the cooling measures in October last year. And the price war in the primary market is not as serious as Beijing or Shenzhen," she said.

However, in Shenzhen and Guangzhou property prices retreated sharply after the cooling measures. According to a research report by DTZ, property prices in Shenzhen and Guangzhou dropped 7.3 per cent and 3.3 per cent respectively in the first quarter. But prices in Beijing and Shanghai rose 2.7 per cent and 1.8 per cent respectively.

Andy Lee, the general manager for Centaline (China) in Shenzhen, said that the city did not offer cooling-off periods for buyers. About 5 per cent of those who bought properties in the peak seasons of last year were in default for units recently, he said.

He estimated more than 50 per cent of the buyers during the February, March, June and July peak seasons were investors.

New home prices in Shenzhen have dropped 25 per cent to 30 per cent since October last year. A project in Nanshan district in Shenzhen even cut prices by more than 40 per cent to about 12,000 yuan per square metre since the fourth quarter of last year.

Mr Lee said many investors expected the consolidation in the property market would continue.

"They expect the price war in the primary market will continue as tighter conditions on property loans and weak buying sentiment force developers to adopt aggressive price discounting to lure buyers," he said. "Now they are trying to stop their losses."

In Guangzhou, Centaline (China) general manager Ellis Wong Hin-ming said a similar situation had arisen where more than 30 per cent of buyers at Evergrande Royal Scenic Peninsula developed by Evergrande Real Estate Group (SEHK: 3333) had returned the units to developers.

However, the situation was better than in Shenzhen as the growth in Guangzhou property prices last year was lower than in Shenzhen, Mr Wong said.

Lousy Investment Guest

Thumbs down

Definety down

Look at URA Transaction yourself

Jun 08 is S$590 PSF
    May08 is S$798 PSF

Who is lying now??

Definety down

Look at URA Transaction yourself

Jun 08 is S$590 PSF
    May08 is S$798 PSF

Who is lying now??
    Don't think you have painted an accurate picture by drawing out only two transactions to compare.

Jun 08 at $590psf is unit #10-09, this is the same unit that transacted at in March for $885psf. The seller who sold it lost $340,360 within 3 months. There could be a host of reasons why it was sold so low and we may never know.

On the other side of the penny, the rest of the subsales in 2008 transacted above $800psf, with the exception of the May 08 transaction at $798psf for unit #02-01, I suspect that has to do with it being locatin in the lower level than any other reasons.

Overall, most of the subsellers earned a profit around the region of $200k +-.

May not be right to claim the market is down because of one transaction.

Lousy Investment Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    Don't think you have painted an accurate picture by drawing out only two transactions to compare.

Jun 08 at $590psf is unit #10-09, this is the same unit that transacted at in March for $885psf. The seller who sold it lost $340,360 within 3 months. There could be a host of reasons why it was sold so low and we may never know.

On the other side of the penny, the rest of the subsales in 2008 transacted above $800psf, with the exception of the May 08 transaction at $798psf for unit #02-01, I suspect that has to do with it being locatin in the lower level than any other reasons.

Overall, most of the subsellers earned a profit around the region of $200k +-.

May not be right to claim the market is down because of one transaction.
    If is NOT down then is definety NOT UP , right.
    Normally When TOP price will rise, but this is reverse. From S$860 to S$807 then S$798. The graph if drawn even a child say is negative.
    Those who buy at STart, please hold it, do NOT be stupid to Sell at CUT profit. Next transaction will tell is I am right or NOT other than the S$590psf one.

But those speculate this time you will
    DIE PAIN PAIN, haha.

If is NOT down then is definety NOT UP , right.
    Normally When TOP price will rise, but this is reverse. From S$860 to S$807 then S$798. The graph if drawn even a child say is negative.
    Those who buy at STart, please hold it, do NOT be stupid to Sell at CUT profit. Next transaction will tell is I am right or NOT other than the S$590psf one.

But those speculate this time you will
    DIE PAIN PAIN, haha.
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']If you score 100 marks for your first test, 90 marks for second and 75 marks for your third one, does that means you have become stupid?[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']I will agree with you if the same unit is transacted three times and each time lower than the previous time. If not, how can it be a basis of telling the trend?[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]

Default BE Fair and realistic

I believe Singapore Properties is going down at a resonable pace. The seller is taking less profit if you buy before 2007.

as quoted by iridrium

This is good speculative example most likely if NOT maybe??
    This will NOT do good for OL as many may miss read unless some expert like iridrium. But is a speculative person then is a good example for other speculators. So as said by Lousy Investment so call" Let them DIE PAIN PAIN". I do agree too that they learn a expensive Life lesson in investment. Long Term.