Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 51015161718192021222324253035404550 ... LastLast

Thread: Please post any Election News/Snippets/ Gossips here

I agrees with devil on MBT. Mah poor guy. Right now pty price jumping half due to external factors. Nothing he can do. Dun blame the gov for everything.
    Also abt COE. When COE=100k, I think the system worked very well in controlling the jam. The gov relented the system due to popular demand and youngster's aspiration to own car. Now you blame gov for this.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Oh no...I think both my minton and waterfront isle are in aljunied GRC!
    haha!

bro, why you dun spread out your investment properly? all located in Aljunied?

ask your whole clan to vote for PAP lah still have chance...

So those unhappy issues can be resolve with opp? if one day they really take over, will there be abother group of ppl to complain again? like wat devilplate said cannot always blame everyone for each own unhappiness. whether poor or rich, impt is to live with RICH pride. one has to help yrself.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I agrees with devil on MBT. Mah poor guy. Right now pty price jumping half due to external factors. Nothing he can do. Dun blame the gov for everything.
    Also abt COE. When COE=100k, I think the system worked very well in controlling the jam. The gov relented the system due to popular demand and youngster's aspiration to own car. Now you blame gov for this.

guys please read my post carefully

i said .... ERP over COE is like a LIE TO COVER LIE

strategy to add on ( and not replace) ineffective strategy

these are not the correct way to rectify a problem

and one more point, it seems the root cause of all these so called anger is simply the million dollar pay. everything is due to this. to me it's just simply a cheap way to look at things. yea they should donate the $ to help the poor. why not you ? "no I'm not rich enough"/ " I earn it that's why I can keep".

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    haha!

bro, why you dun spread out your investment properly? all located in Aljunied?

ask your whole clan to vote for PAP lah still have chance...
    I think there is very high chance that WP will take aljunied GRC...all their big shots there liaoz...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    guys please read my post carefully

if coe fail, can it be scrap immediately? how abt those who paid coe? if scarp and admit cooe don work let move on. ppl complain again right? i see erp over coe as enhancement than lie covering lie

nothing wrong. one controls ownership, one controls usage. It's a good attempt.

u tell me what's the "correct" way ? Pls dun give me that favorite term by CCT "no I'm not in the gov and dun have the data".

and one more point, it seems the root cause of all these so called anger is simply the million dollar pay. everything is due to this. to me it's just simply a cheap way to look at things. yea they should donate the $ to help the poor. why not you ? "no I'm not rich enough"/ " I earn it that's why I can keep".
    agree.....tats why i asked before if take out the minister pay issue. everyone is satisfied? but no one answer

YES very true!

actually everything also can increase but citizen very sore about the HIGH pay of our ministers.

if their pay is just $5000 per mth then should have less complain..

they think ministers job very easy - shake hands, smile smile but get high pay

and I really got one colleague who tell me " you earn so much so go donate" I tell him I did do my usual donation he retorted back "then donate more" so the point is he is only happy when i donate my whole pay check hah?

nothing wrong. one controls ownership, one controls usage. It's a good attempt.

u tell me what's the "correct" way ? Pls dun give me that favorite term by CCT "no I'm not in the gov and dun have the data".
    i dunno who is CCT

i wont give any solution either

as a million salaried ministers they should have thought it out first ..

like i said they want to run this country like an enterprise then work like one .. and not just on the salary part ,,

u may say that i talk only .. no idea type .. so be it ...

i dun drive i dont care if the rest pay thru their nose and be proud that they pay the highest in the world for a car ..

i only pity the lower income group

this is so funny, from yahoo

126PM: DPM and PAP MP Wong Kan Seng addresses crowd on SPP contest at Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC:"You know what we have done for the last five years. I know you will choose wisely." Crowd chants "Mas Selamat... Mas Selamat."

haiyo then i should have shouted "go sister go" when that VW try to give his speech here... well I am not so childish lah

Quote Originally Posted by extremme

126PM: DPM and PAP MP Wong Kan Seng addresses crowd on SPP contest at Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC:"You know what we have done for the last five years. I know you will choose wisely." Crowd chants "Mas Selamat... Mas Selamat."

really ???????????????????

wow dont give face ah ?

i dunno who is CCT
    sorry should be CST. now u know ?

i wont give any solution either

as a million salaried ministers they should have thought it out first ..
    so how ? "what u did are all wrong, but I also dun know what to do. I only know you are all wrong, case close" ?

i only pity the lower income group
    I also pity the lower income group.. ( maybe I'm one too you know )... but then the solution is what ? like devil proposed, let's do tax free, no GST, hospital/transport all free okay ? hoorah communism is the best.

sorry should be CST. now u know ?

so how ? "what u did are all wrong, but I also dun know what to do. I only know you are all wrong, case close" ?

I also pity the lower income group.. ( maybe I'm one too you know )... but then the solution is what ? like devil proposed, let's do tax free, no GST, hospital/transport all free okay ? hoorah communism is the best.

aiyo tiring leh

i didnt say i dunno what to do
    i said i WONT GIVE you one here ..

cos i am not being paid $1 mio per year for 5 consecutive years running ..

they getting the money ..they should come out with the solution mah ...right ?

they want to run this country like an enterprise ..paid like an enterprise ..then work like one then

cos i am not being paid $1 mio per year for 5 consecutive years running ..

they getting the money ..they should come out with the solution mah ...right ?
    see this is exactly the emotion I found prevalent for most of the PAP haters.

root cause is simply they get paid too much. never mind how complicated some of the policies are. or some of the policies are actually quite logical.

"I dun care. u get paid so much. you must make it work."

root cause is simply they get paid too much. never mind how complicated some of the policies are. or some of the policies are actually quite logical.

hahahah

i dun even pay tax to spore govt

anywya ... why u think the people behave like that ?

how did singaporeans become like that ?

why when one has a maid at home ..she must work EVERYDAY .. wash car every morning (even when its a bloody cheap car) ?
    why maids never get menstrual cramps like their Moms ?
    why maids never have a weeks out of a month where they can be 'unreasonable" or PMS ?
    why ?

becos they are paid ..very high compared to their relatives back home ... so they MUST WORK , WORK , WORK

but why like that ?

i am not PAP hater

its some of its policies i dislike and i feel is unfair ...

With election being the Number 1 topic for the next 10days, wonder if new launches, property viewing will drop and Agents become more free again...?

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    With election being the Number 1 topic for the next 10days, wonder if new launches, property viewing will drop and Agents become more free again...?
    i only know
    you can anyhow park your car .... wont get summons

yeah, i saw it on tv just now.

really ???????????????????

wow dont give face ah ?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    yeah, i saw it on tv just now.

ahhhah

but i am sure by this evening it will be censored from the 6 and 9 pm news

Quote Originally Posted by extremme

Me was there to volunteer support and we are the one shouted "Mas Selamat..."

The Yahoo's news reporter was just beside us and she just updated as such!

Eye opener for me!!!!
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westman

Eye opener for me!!!!

aahhaa

my colleague says ... by this evening's news ... the same clip will be aired on tv ..

but you will hear instead " LKY LKY" .... ahahhahha

Correct what.

Take ppl money, work for ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by westman

Eye opener for me!!!!
    Our dear Mr Wong and gang is in deep ****. He said 'I already apologized' and Mr CST said who's head will roll but no reply...

Read from other forum

I need your urgent advice about employing a maid. As a busy mother, I need someone reliable to help out at home. My maid is from Profits Agency Pte (PAP) and she has worked for me for a long time. Her mother worked for my parents and did an excellent job, so I had faith in her. For several years her performance has been very good, but recently she has become arrogant and insensitive, and is making lots of mistakes. For example:

1) She flooded my kitchen – she told me that the drain pipe has blocked (she was supposed to clear it once a month but didn’t). Then she assured me that it is very rare and won’t happen again in the near future. Guess what? It flooded again within a year!

2) She didn’t close a window and my terrier dog escaped. I was so worried cos he is dangerous and could bite lots of people. After the incident, she didn’t apologise and just shrugged her shoulders saying “What to do, it has happened.” Fortunately my neighbor found the dog and we locked it up again.

3) Without consulting me, she has been bringing in strangers for my house's maintenance work. She says they charge low wages and keep costs down, but they eat my food, make a lot of noise and rest on my bed. I think they even tried to seduce my husband. It stopped feeling like my home, more like a cheap hotel, and I don’t always want to come back at the end of the day.

4) When she first came to work for me, I instructed her to clean the different parts of the house at least once a week. But for some time she has stopped taking care of the bedrooms of PP and H; they are now dirty and messy. I asked why and she told me that the kids had been disobedient, so she was neglecting their bedrooms as a punishment (she has forgotten that she is paid to clean all the rooms).

Even though my maid has worked for me for many years and I value what she has done in the past, I think she is now getting complacent. Her attitude is imperious and dismissive. She ignores my comments and basically treats my feedback as "noise". I wrote to the agency about her behavior; they assured me that they are the best agency around and all their maids are “Commited to Serve” – but I think it is just rhetoric and I don’t see that in her actions. Her salary is much higher than maids in other countries, but the agency say this is to keep her honest and stop her moving to another employer. They say there is a limited supply of maids, and Singapore isn’t big enough for more than one good maid agency, so I should not trust their competitors.

I have yet to decide whether to renew my maid’s 5-year employment contract. When we discussed this she said that she is now part of a team, and if I want her I must also accept her friends doing part-time work for me. One friend is very inexperienced, can't do basic tasks or explain what she intends to do. I suspect that she is actually underage. When interviewed, she only seemed interested in her days-off and visiting Universal Studios. When she couldn't answer my questions she stomped her foot and exclaimed, "I don't know what to say!" But I am still expected to pay her a high salary.

Now there happen to be a few other maid agencies - Workhard Pte (WP), New Solutions Pte (NSP), Super Personnel Pte (SPP) and Star Domestica Pte (SDP) - that offered me some helpers who seem sincere, genuine and intelligent. They are keen to work, willing to assist me and have a good attitude. I know that they may take a bit of time to learn how everything works, but frankly I am inclined to give them a chance. People say that the devil you know is better than one you don’t. But I feel that I can’t tahan my current maid anymore. Do you think I should sack my current maid and try out a new one?

Appreciate your advice.

By: Ming Lee Lim

aahhaa

my colleague says ... by this evening's news ... the same clip will be aired on tv ..

but you will hear instead " LKY LKY" .... ahahhahha
    What I've observed:

PAP supporters seem like knowing each other... tot they could be colleagues from various organisations...

Opposition supporters more fragmented. Apart from the WP's supporters, there are more commoners or "Lesser Mortal" (In news report where a PAP MP once descibe ordinary Singaporeans as Lesser Mortal") who volunteerily gathered to support opposition.

It seem to me it's more like PAP vs Singaporeans than PAP vs Oppositions.
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Our dear Mr Wong and gang is in deep ****. He said 'I already apologized' and Mr CST said who's head will roll but no reply...
    improve version of
    "It's a honest mistake. Let's move on"