Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 44495459646970717273747576 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2277

Thread: Please post any Election News/Snippets/ Gossips here

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    it was close.... so close.....

PP is going to disappear in the next election.....
    Yes, now that pap won it, next election confirm kena intergrated into a GRC. Goodbye potong pasir...

Instead of worrying abt next ge.... Lets monitor wp n see if they live up to their promises

Hope govt do smthing on the yng gen..... Smthing is vey wrong

Govt got to do something to improve their image and deal with the concerns of the citizens. Or else this victory by WP will be giving Opp more impetus to improve on their performance next time round. And more good caliber ppl might step out of the woodwork to challenge them.

WP has an uphill task to prove that they are worth of being elected to Aljunied GRC and to make sure that the residents don't have to repent. PAP will be going all out to make it very obvious the difference on how they treat Potong Pasir and Aljuneid/Hougang to try and make the WP GRC/SMC repent and fulfill MM's prophecy.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I won't be surprise that towards the West, PAP wins more as the West (Jurong East, Jurong West, etc) is dominated by many new converted Citizens (especially the PRCs). What would they feel when their constituency contestants say limit intake of foreigners & PRs (which they once were)?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    excluding tanjong pagar which is not contested, it is true that the PAP GRCs at the more far west, east and north win between 60 to 70% while as we move towards the centre of sg, opposition wins more and PAP wins by lesser margin of 50+%. LOL.

especially east side, look at the SMC + GRC combi, joo chiat, mountbatten, Marine Parade and East Coast, all won by 50+% nia. not to forget the other areas near the centre of sg (note, not CCR but centre by geographical location), Bishan Toa Payoh, Moulmein Kallang, Potong Pasir also PAP won by 50+% and of course in between centre and east is aljunied which went to WP.

This is what the whole nation has to pay for the economic growth. This is a social cost. Whose fault?
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Instead of worrying abt next ge.... Lets monitor wp n see if they live up to their promises

It is very sad indeed Mr Chiam lost PP. *sigh*

I think more likely joo chiat will disappear to be part of marine parade
    Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    If they wanted PP to disappear, they should have done so long ago. Not wait 20+ years. Perhaps....we don't know....they let it continue under CST so that it still looks like our country has some semblance of "democracy" (Hougang also included in this). I think Hougang might be the one to disappear in the next election and boundaries redrawn for Aljuneid.

If Sitoh does his job well, the residents in PP will be happy to continue under PAP. Actually his job is pretty easy, with the finances and resources of the PAP backing him. Can expedite the upgrading to demonstrate how much better it is to be under PAP. Quite difficult for him to mess up in PP.

I'm more interested to know PAP's analysis on Marine parade's election result. The drop in margin for GCT this time - is it largely because of Tin Peiling or because the people are just unhappy with PAP's mistakes and policies.

Quote Originally Posted by 5577
    I'm more interested to know PAP's analysis on Marine parade's election result. The drop in margin for GCT this time - is it largely because of Tin Peiling or because the people are just unhappy with PAP's mistakes and policies.
    Both plus SM goh nuts loose

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Soon you will see Kate Spade flagship outlet opening at NEX mall haa haa...

kate spade is such an Ah lian brand

no really popular in NY ... only those not so up to date with fashion are buying

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I won't be surprise that towards the West, PAP wins more as the West (Jurong East, Jurong West, etc) is dominated by many new converted Citizens (especially the PRCs). What would they feel when their constituency contestants say limit intake of foreigners & PRs (which they once were)?
    And sembawang, yishun too. New citizens definitely helped PAP.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    kate spade is such an Ah lian brand

no really popular in NY ... only those not so up to date with fashion are buying
    Maybe she will upgrade from Kate spade to LV with the extra $15k allowance coming from all our taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    My strategy for opposition for next election is for opposition to firstly unite into a single opposition party and phase out SPP, SDP, SDA and NSP.
    That's you hope
    And how come i dun see reform party name in ur list ? of all ppl, son of JBJ can return to worker's party, and while at it, rename it to "The Labour Party"

Maybe she will upgrade from Kate spade to LV with the extra $15k allowance coming from all our taxes.
    No. A crocodile skin Kelly will be perfect. But that needs a few months saving though. Regulators take note, u can't just buy *any* Kelly to please ur wife

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i think 1 grc lost is not going to drive him to his grave, i think if opposition takes 3 grc next election, we will see his true colours....that is if he is still around by then

not cursing him

but he should really step down and learn to enjoy life ... not much time left ...

scarly tmr is his last day ..then how ? never get a chance to truly enjoy the life of a commoner ...

whole life Emperor ... feel sad for him

not cursing him

but he should really step down and learn to enjoy life ... not much time left ...

scarly tmr is his last day ..then how ? never get a chance to truly enjoy the life of a commoner ...

whole life Emperor ... feel sad for him
    I did follow ur link on his images...you are right...he looks more apeish now, almost like chimpanzee - maybe that's why he was so shrewd in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    And sembawang, yishun too. New citizens definitely helped PAP.
    but stats shown only 90k new citizens....small fraction and even so when spread out

If they wanted PP to disappear, they should have done so long ago. Not wait 20+ years. Perhaps....we don't know....they let it continue under CST so that it still looks like our country has some semblance of "democracy" (Hougang also included in this). I think Hougang might be the one to disappear in the next election and boundaries redrawn for Aljuneid.

If Sitoh does his job well, the residents in PP will be happy to continue under PAP. Actually his job is pretty easy, with the finances and resources of the PAP backing him. Can expedite the upgrading to demonstrate how much better it is to be under PAP. Quite difficult for him to mess up in PP.

IF pap had drawn PP into a GRC together with another district ... PAP might still lose ...cos PP support was there

now that PAP takes control of PP ...next election they may become a GRC ...together with another PAP stronghold ..that way OPP will never be able to take back PP

not just to monitor WP

we should all monitor the PAP as well

see if they REPENT themselves

IF pap had drawn PP into a GRC together with another district ... PAP might still lose ...cos PP support was there

now that PAP takes control of PP ...next election they may become a GRC ...together with another PAP stronghold ..that way OPP will never be able to take back PP
    doesnt matter....lose one but win alot this time

so china chinese ...

LV shops in london paris ny all chinese nationales ...

we avoid big time

TPL confirm not updated ..

anyway with her look ... any brand also tah match

PP remained coz PAP cannot allow themselves to be known as govt with smelly tactics by dissolving an SMC of an opp party.
    Depending whether Mr Chiam will contest in next GE or what are his next moves, Sitoh can sit pretty in PP or will be kicked out in next GE. Currently, it is impossible to dissociate PP from CST.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    He probably thought the wife has been working alongside him for last 27 years and are familiar with residents. However, She the new residents in the condos may not have voted for her.
    Why vote for her and see their property values go down?

When geylang has no more chickens, property prices there will shoot up
    Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Why vote for her and see their property values go down?

doesnt matter....lose one but win alot this time
    Bro Devil,

During the counting process at Paya Lebar counting centre. I noticed PAP's counting agents were behaving arrogantly! Interestingly, during counting, PAP's guys like to stare at us, sort of like we've just killed their father/mothers and they are here for revenge. Very cocky. One of them even shouted "WE WILL FIGHT EVERY VOTE" when one of the ARO rejected PAP's agent claim for dismissing a PAP vote in favour to WP. Cynthia Phua came in pretty early and she looked confident in winning.

Midway in the counting, Chen Show Mao (you hated most ) came to recevie some update from us and also gave us some encouragement along the way..

Shortly after he left the counting station, Cynthia Phua came in again at around 10.45pm to receive update from his agents. When knowing poor results at this station, her face turned "extreme BLACK" and walk off immediately... We are having fun for see this "Black ugly and fat face"...

At around 11pm, Mao Mao came in to receive updates from us (with good news of beating PAP at this station), he thanks us for the effort. Was expecting he to go off immediately and to my surprise, he approached all counting stations officers (about 35 of them) to shake hands and thanks them for their hard works in counting the votes. Very gentlement.

After witnessing the sealing of voting boxes and ensuring everthing is ok for safe depositing. We went to Hougang for celebration! Very inspiring to me indeed...

Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

so westman become FT WP volunteer from now?

so westman become FT WP volunteer from now?
    FT? Foreign Talent or Full Time???

I aspire to do more than that!

That article is accurate.

I've withness a vote where a voter writen "F_uck You" in PAP box and yet that vote is valid in favor to PAP. Shit!

Also, there is a guy written a nice 30~40 words essay saying something like " I'm not voting becos..." not telling the rest as message pretty sensitive..."

The most interesting vote that I came acorss was that there is a voter drew a tortise in WP's box and that vote is valid in favor to WP...

With a flurry of text messages, I rustled up a significant number from among my friends, and via the gay and lesbian network.

homo website?