Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2277

Thread: Please post any Election News/Snippets/ Gossips here

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    My argument is, even elected, she is not my mp
    u can always disturb her during meet the people session

make her stomp her feet again....haha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u aso take my words at face value.....

i mentioned b4 y i hated army.....army is a sacred obligation for the good cause for our country but become a CHORE due to those losers/saddist managing it
    If I take your words at face value I'll say you are hardcore PAP supporter liao

[ok divert attention]

Georgie in his last rally said 1 resident wrote to him, "regardless who win who lost, we(the residents) will become 历史的罪人"

live in ALJ stressful huh

Her meet the people sessions will be very senang, just have to tell every resident six words 'i don't know what to say'
    u can always disturb her during meet the people session

make her stomp her feet again....haha

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Her meet the people sessions will be very senang, just have to tell every resident six words 'i don't know what to say'
    Or 'do you want to buy my kate spade?'

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Do you think this sudden wish to "Connect" is a last-minute measure to regain votes of the younger generation? In my opinion, they should have tried to connect a long long time ago. Like raising kids, how well do you think it would work if you never connected with your kid since he was born and suddenly you realise that he/she is already an adult and you try and connect then. Not so likely to be successful rite? You should have connected long ago from childhood. It's not just about connecting with LHL, it's about connecting with the whole team. My impression is that many in the team are just doing lip service with Meet-the-People sessions and not really connecting with the people on the ground. They only wish to connect with the people on top so that they can jostle in top positions with high high salaries. This is where CST and LTK did better in that they had better connection with their voters. That's why they have been able to hold on to their seats for all these years despite having so much less money in their coffers. It illustrates that the "child" cannot be easily won over by $$$ alone, the road to their heart is much more complex than that. And PAP need to find the key to unlock the people's hearts in the coming elections or else with each passing election their hold on the people will become more and more precarious.

totally agree

havent i been saying that PAP has been bad parents ?
    ill treating their OPP children , neglecting them, leaving htem to fight for themselves ... all these years ?

they are now adults ... and have grown to hate their PAPRENTS

now then want to connect ?
    yes a little too late ..

damaged done

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    SINGAPORE: The People's Action Party (PAP) candidate for Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency (GRC) Tin Pei Ling said she had not posted anything on her Facebook page on Cooling-off Day.

All candidates who are contesting in the General Election are not allowed to campaign on Cooling-off Day, a day before Polling Day.

Ms Tin said on Thursday May 5, her Facebook page carried a "clarification" on reports that a MacPherson resident had been refused help for her child's tuition fees.

The resident had asked for a refund.

The MacPherson Zone B Residents' Committee said the deposit of S$80 cannot be refunded.

But netizens circulated on Friday a screen capture that showed a comment posted on Ms Tin's Facebook.

The comment said: "OooOoooOooh so that's what REALLY happened? Wow. I think tears in Parliament is worse than ANYTHING ELSE!"

The comment was however removed within 20 minutes.

When contacted, Ms Tin told Channel NewsAsia she was alerted to the comment when some of her friends called her shortly after it was posted.

Ms Tin said she found out it was one of her administrators, Ms Denise He, who had mistakenly made the post.

"She wanted to post the comment in her personal capacity, and she was using her mobile phone. But she didn't realise that she had inadvertently posted as my profile rather than her own ... It was an honest mistake," Ms Tin said.

Ms Tin asked her administrator to remove the comment immediately.

She added that she had earlier given strict instructions to her team of administrators not to make any postings on Cooling-off Day.

Her administrators help her to upload photos of her walkabouts on her Facebook page.

SO MUCH FOR USING INTERNET TO CONNECT WITH THE PEOPLE

STILL PAYING SALARY TO HAVE SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR YOU

NOW WE KNOW WHERE SOME MONEY HAS GONE TO

Dunno if they win this election, then this "Connection" thing might be somehow put on the back burner. Then come next election (fast forward 5 years), apologize again.

Or maybe they designate TPL to do the "Connection" since she is in the younger generation? Connect with the Kate Spade bag.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

Sad really...

Seriously I think she should resign from the Party for Personal Reasons. Perhaps she should have been asked to do so at the same time as the other guy. Can easily cite mental stress.

only PM Lee mentioned issues on the national/global level.

global security threats

global financial uncertainty

ever increasing competition

whereas Opp only targets local issues.....

i am more concern on national issues rather den local issues....

local issues easier to contain and solve
    HOW TO TACTIC GLOBAL SECURITY THREATS ?

WHEN PAP MP CAN GET INTO A PRIVATE CONDO ? AND STILL CALLED POLICE ????

IF YOU CANNOT MANAGE YOUR OWN PROPERTY WELL FROM WITHIN ..
    GLOBAL ISSUE SHOULD COME SECOND OR EVEN LAST

after listening to the rally.....

i suddenly feel worried about Singapore future....

y this election is all about local issues.....

do the people understand that many local issues r created by external national issues?

yes
    many local issues are a subset of global issues

on the other hand...
    if you breed dengue mozzie within your house ... then you complain to NEA ... they come spray your estate ...

will it solve the problem ???

Erm....looking at the caliber of some of those in senior positions in PAP.....do you think they can survive in the corporate world? Can those highly capable ppl in the corporate world stand to be working UNDER them when they come in?

I'm not sure that it's PAP being naive. I think it is we who are being naive to believe that's PAP's reason......

exactly

in the corp world ..

try telling your big boss GIVE ME ANOTHER 5 YEARS ... I WILL PROVE TO YOU

Erm....looking at the caliber of some of those in senior positions in PAP.....do you think they can survive in the corporate world? Can those highly capable ppl in the corporate world stand to be working UNDER them when they come in?

I'm not sure that it's PAP being naive. I think it is we who are being naive to believe that's PAP's reason......
    TRY TELLING YOUR BOSS

GIVE ME ANOTHER 5 YEARS ...I WILL PROVE TO YOU

yes
    many local issues are a subset of global issues

on the other hand...
    if you breed dengue mozzie within your house ... then you complain to NEA ... they come spray your estate ...

will it solve the problem ???
    Instead of complaining, jus install nettings

Stop complaining n move on

Going down later before my dinner. I may have to face her if white team wins. SM is quite arrogant and may not be around at the next election. Decision ?

Can you see how fair he is? Only involve in war games in air-conditioned room. How can he work with the ground? This is the setback of all these high level candidates. Residents' voice can merely be heard and how to listen and take action.
    Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    it's not about hating army...if you say LTK is haolian, please have a good look at this guy - unlike LTK who is unfortunately born with a haolian face, this guy shows that his haolian is inside and out - reeks of arrogance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33h_q3dCzpI

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Going down later before my dinner. I may have to face her if white team wins. SM is quite arrogant and may not be around at the next election. Decision ?
    Just vote according to ur best interest

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Westman..... I dun know what to say .... i think u fit in very well what devil described as "taking for granted"....

For example, "stable currency policy" .... U have any idea why SGD is a "stable currency"? Just because theree is a MAS policy statement ?? AUD is backed by its resources, SGD by what ?

And u actually believe GLC are "raising prices" to achieve profit ? COE and ERP created to collect money ?

Devil I shared the same sentiment as you. Taking for granted is the BIGGEST problem of the younger generation.

pls tell me what are COE and ERP for?
    to curb car populations ?

that was their initial intention ..
    BUT THEY DONT WORK ... still we have them .. and they become $$ machines ...

think about it carefully
    all the policies ... ultimately link to $$$

why keep number plate needs to pay ?
    admin fee ?
    thats their job to register the number ?
    how much more work ? its all computerised

in the corp world .. when your boss ask you to deviate a bit from your usual routine ...do you say : that will be $50 for me to do that ... ?????

i am not wrong to use the above as example becos PAP openly said they run this country like an enterprise .. to explain why they high pay ..

they want to be paid like private corp
    but they dont act like one ..
    charge us for a tiny little work routine change

say "sorry, lets move on' when they make mistake ..when they should have been fired on the spot ..

all wrong lah

I still remember we were in camp 1 in Tekong where we did sit up outside our chalet barrack in Charlie Company, one guy was forced to do it until he vomited blood. Is it really worth it. The encik is really tall with a turban.
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    KNN can still remember the saddistic encik in my platoon that made me leopard crawl on the tarmac road, hope he is dead by now

Vote for sti crash!!!

Vote for opp!!!

Vote for below 60% mandate!!!!!

Vote opp!!!!

If Opp wins, will ask them to raise this motion: Increase the tenure of COE to 15 years with annual vicom test after the 10th year. Why? Our cars can last beyond 10 years as our roads are good and it is a pity to see it being scrapped as lots of embodied energy is used in the production and scrapping of cars. We can help to pollute less and save the environment by extending it.
    pls tell me what are COE and ERP for?
    to curb car populations ?

that was their initial intention ..
    BUT THEY DONT WORK ... still we have them .. and they become $$ machines ...

think about it carefully
    all the policies ... ultimately link to $$$

why keep number plate needs to pay ?
    admin fee ?
    thats their job to register the number ?
    how much more work ? its all computerised

in the corp world .. when your boss ask you to deviate a bit from your usual routine ...do you say : that will be $50 for me to do that ... ?????

i am not wrong to use the above as example becos PAP openly said they run this country like an enterprise .. to explain why they high pay ..

they want to be paid like private corp
    but they dont act like one ..
    charge us for a tiny little work routine change

say "sorry, lets move on' when they make mistake ..when they should have been fired on the spot ..

all wrong lah

It will be a sad scene if AMK GRC returns with 55% win over Opp and they loose 2GRCs and 2 SMCs. They will really be fearful.
    Vote for sti crash!!!

Vote for opp!!!

Vote for below 60% mandate!!!!!

Vote opp!!!!

If Opp wins, will ask them to raise this motion: Increase the tenure of COE to 15 years with annual vicom test after the 10th year. Why? Our cars can last beyond 10 years as our roads are good and it is a pity to see it being scrapped as lots of embodied energy is used in the production and scrapping of cars. We can help to pollute less and save the environment by extending it.
    And also set min 100k coe!!!!

Pls keep the city green! One family one car only!!!!

It will be a sad scene if AMK GRC returns with 55% win over Opp and they loose 2GRCs and 2 SMCs. They will really be fearful.
    59% will do! Break pap pyschology barrier! Wake up their idea!

Wait till you see SM Jayakumar drives. He is travelling at 60km with two traffic police in front and a SUV behind. It is a waste of human resources and damaging the earth. Whose $? Our $.

People will be happier and our mother earth will be happier too. They will still have to leave it to market forces. Any supporter for this? They can get signatures from the Singaporeans, ie. voices from Singaporean.

btw, its really boliao to compare who is more haolian.....now its LTK vs Geroge Yeo.....who is more haolian? u got ur eyes to see lor

a haolian person is still a haolian person and doesnt make him less haolian when compared to a person who is even more haolian

ahhahahah

again

when one looks like a monkey .. he looks like a monkey

opppppss s

pls have some respect for LTK smelly smelly people also MP for 20 yrs

same statement ... different names ...

but some people will still say I AM RUDE

People will be happier and our mother earth will be happier too. They will still have to leave it to market forces. Any supporter for this? They can get signatures from the Singaporeans, ie. voices from Singaporean.
    Just joking on coe..... We just nid to make a one time reduction on coe quota instead of gradual reduction

But seriously, pls propose 1 family 1 car

Instead of complaining, jus install nettings

Stop complaining n move on

lagi worse

the netting will trap the mozzie within the house ..

you forgot the breeding is within ..and not without