Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1924293439444546474849505152535459646974 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 2277

Thread: Please post any Election News/Snippets/ Gossips here

Really hope to see one of the beasts slained by the voting sword tomorrow. Aljunied residents 加油

Most of my friends think the Opp have no chance. However most of my co-workers and even the amah at my work place support Opp. What odds are the bookies giving now?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Most of my friends think the Opp have no chance. However most of my co-workers and even the amah at my work place support Opp. What odds are the bookies giving now?
    Difficult to gauge leh. Majority in my office pro-Opp. They are all from x-generation. May be MIW neglected us. Thought we are all sure PAP supporters We could be the next silent majority - never talk about politics in our daily lives but when GE comes, views that start to show and too late for incumbent to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I was told today that Singapore govt actually use tax payers' money to go China to recruit students to come over with promise not only that they get free university education but also can get PR status. 4 years of uni education can easily cost 200k (unsubsidized) and that is to one PR. If they recruit 1000 of them annually, its $200 million every year of our tax money... . In fact the Chinese native was asked, 'why did you want to come to Singapore?' Her reply, 'I didn't want to. I was promised PR and free education and coz I'm poor, so I came.'

I can verify this too!!! My past tenants were 2 China natives studying secondary school in Singapore. At the moment they graduated and enter tertiary institute, they immediately received letter from our lovely govt to invite them to be PR, etc.... That is the extend our govt is taking to ensure that Singapore is flooded by foreigners. These are only students from China!!!

Vote wisely!!!

they will take up PR ..for the 'free' stuff ..

then when they gain all the paper qualies etc ..they will go back to china

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    we need more PRs to be converted
    do yu know how easy it is to convert citizenships nowadays ?

having them to take up citizenships is not a guarantee that they wont leave and be loyal

there are so much more opportunities in china to get even richer ...
    our govt is using our tax money to 'win' them over here ..with freebies ...give them the know hows,

once they learn the rules of making money , just like giving them the ladder to riches ...they will leave ..back to home country ..where their parents, grandparents, relatives and friends are ...

Quote Originally Posted by Antz621
    They finished serving their MOP leh. I think he stayed in his flat for about 7-8 years liao before moving to Casa... Yes that's the loophole in our FT/PR policy systems.

As for the other chap, well I give him credits for converting to citizen. Moreover he has a schooling boy and he jolly well knows his kid would need to serve NS. At least he is returning his freeloading dues to the nation. Bravo!

if he has a son , then convert...does his son automatically become spore citizen ?
    i was told when he turns 16 or 18 he can decides for himself if he wants to be citizen ..

which is correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

having them to take up citizenships is not a guarantee that they wont leave and be loyal

our govt is using our tax money to 'win' them over here ..with freebies ...give them the know hows,

once they learn the rules of making money , just like giving them the ladder to riches ...they will leave ..back to home country ..where their parents, grandparents, relatives and friends are ...
    So y pap still practice that? U mean u r smarter den them n they r so dumb?

Asking a fellow forummer whether he is smarter than the PAP is cheap rhetoric.

our old brain LKY under estimated the new china chinese....

they are much smarter ...

PAP thinks that by 'buying' them out of poverty ...they will be grateful for their whole life

but when these CHINESE come to spore then are like at least in the mid teens ..

at that age ...they already have memories of all their childhood friends etc etc

and they say to themselves that ONE day , when i make enuff money ... i will go back there ...to IMPROVE the lives of those who stay behind

and the above is what i hear from a close friend .... one who is a PR ... from a very poor family ... who came here becos PAP gave her the opportunity ..

like someone else mentioned ... PAP thinks that MONEY can convert the heart

Quote Originally Posted by louisebrown
    Asking a fellow forummer whether he is smarter than the PAP is cheap rhetoric.
    Wow clone?

Wow clone?
    Pl express yourself well and clearly if you want to be seriously taken.

if like wat u said, proud_owner shd take the trouble to fly back tmr to cast his vote to the OPP ....fight for a change and not just do nothing but complaints

newspaper got mentioned ppl actually borrowed $$ to fly back just to vote....who they vote for is not impt.....at least i noe they r proud to be a singaporean and not just a proud ppty owner

tat wenqing worse still.....not willing to sacrifice his planned vacation .....respect needs to be earned and not by just complaining
    For Proud owner if he's based in NY he doesn't need to come back. There is a overseas voting station in NY so he may well be fighting for change for all we know. Anyhow he's probably in bed by now - let's see what his response is tomorrow.

Consulate of the Republic of Singapore in the United States of America 231 East 51st Street
    (Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues)
    New York NY 10022
    United States of America
    Tel: 001-1-(212) 826-0840
    Fax: 001-1-(212) 826-2964

I haven't read all this thread, but if wenqing after all that posting is going on holiday as a priority over voting then you are 200% correct. After all those posts choosing not to participate is terrible. I'm going to scan back through this thread to see for myself.

ps still undecided - thought we were back under Tanjong Pagar but the address change is less than 6 months old - so maybe better. Active choice from citizens is better than walkovers.

I m totally against the idea of providing free sponsorship too! Pls follow all my postings before making cheap comments.

However, i was flamed by hopeful by making quick anger on pap

Quote Originally Posted by louisebrown
    Pl express yourself well and clearly if you want to be seriously taken.
    U can ignore my comments

lets make a guess of the few hot seats. my take is:
    Aljunied - PAP marginally win
    Bishan - PAP win
    Hougang - likely WP continue to win with lesser % than last GE
    Potong Pasir - Potong Pasir might win with sympathy vote definitely not on calibre

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    For Proud owner if he's based in NY he doesn't need to come back. There is a overseas voting station in NY so he may well be fighting for change for all we know. Anyhow he's probably in bed by now - let's see what his response is tomorrow.

Consulate of the Republic of Singapore in the United States of America 231 East 51st Street
    New York NY 10022
    United States of America

I haven't read all this thread, but if wenqing after all that posting is going on holiday as a priority over voting then you are 200% correct. After all those posts choosing not to participate is terrible. I'm going to scan back through this thread to see for myself.

ps still undecided - thought we were back under Tanjong Pagar but the address change is less than 6 months old - so maybe better. Active choice from citizens is better than walkovers.

thank you

i know exactly where it is ... a very small office ... can almost missed it ...

i live on 52nd st ... but west side ...

dun noe why i heard a hk colleague say now apply to convert to citizen difficult, kena rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD

New York NY 10022
    United States of America

"sad" to say tat but HE MISSED THE DEADLINE!!!!

Proudowner says he missed the dateline to vote in NY... those ppl missed the dateline too n borrow money n take the trouble to fly over to cast their vote...

I m totally against the idea of providing free sponsorship too! Pls follow all my postings before making cheap comments.

However, i was flamed by hopeful by making quick anger on pap
    I am happy to read this post. It states your position. Asking others whether their brains are more cerebral than PAP's or dumber adds no value to the debate.

Easy is relative... my colleague from China wants to be citizen and tried for so many years still cannot coz salary too low!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    "sad" to say tat but HE MISSED THE DEADLINE!!!!

thats another stupid/ uneducated, or even scheming tricks from PAP ...

why close registration on 19apr before announcement of nomination ?

i called up the elections dept and scolded them ... the poor malay woman just kept quiet

After LHL apolo, all of us may start to think government will look into FT issue as brought up during election campaigns.. I'm begining to think twice again after I happened to visite this government website by chance : Contacts Singapore

http://www.contactsingapore.sg/

Government is going ahead to carry on the "Contact Singapore Welcome Session" where it's a set of pre-departure briefings where freigners can learn more about life in Singapore. Conducted in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific at regular intervals, the sessions will provide a broad overview on topics that will ease their move to Singapore such as accommodation, education, transport, opportunities for spouses and so on.

Schedule for these events as follow...

May 07 Los Angeles, California United States
    May 12 Mumbai, India
    May 14 California, United States
    May 19 London, United Kingdom
    May 20 Chennai, India
    Jun 02 Melbourne, Australia
    Jun 10 Mumbai, India
    Jun 10 Shanghai, China
    Jun 17 Chennai, India
    Jun 17 Seoul, Korea South
    Jun 28 London, United Kingdom
    Jul 21 London, United Kingdom
    Aug 14 Los Angeles, California United States
    Aug 19 Seoul, Korea South
    Oct 21 Seoul, Korea South

OMG
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

tat wenqing worse still.....not willing to sacrifice his planned vacation .....respect needs to be earned and not by just complaining
    U mean after all the noise he make he not even going to cast a vote???!!!! No wonder there is a saying "empty vessel make the most noise"

You sure about it? he got show travel Doc as proof? Later he tell u he see the date wrgly. Last time i ask for proof he say he forget 1 "0" wor.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Easy is relative... my colleague from China wants to be citizen and tried for so many years still cannot coz salary too low!!!

they only started getting more strict last couple of years

but the recruiting scheme started much earlier ... so we have already paid for these people ...

AGAIN only when people + Opp complain ....then PAP scare and take action

but too late now

I said we nid to convert more PR to become citizens n annul their native citizenship... Heart can convert anot....who noes.... But must make them convert n not freeloading on our subsidised flat n sublet out!

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    lets make a guess of the few hot seats. my take is:
    Aljunied - PAP marginally win
    Bishan - PAP win
    Hougang - likely WP continue to win with lesser % than last GE
    Potong Pasir - Potong Pasir might win with sympathy vote definitely not on calibre
    I am more radical in my predictions:

Aljunied - WP win marginally
    Holland-Bukit Timah - SDP win surprising everyone - the rich has spoken out of no where
    Kallang/Moulmein - PAP win only marginally and set to be the hot seat next GE
    Hougang - WP win comfortably
    Potong Pasir - PAP win
    Toa Payoh/Bishan - PAP win marginally only

PAP win 55.5% of the total valid votes casted.

they only started getting more strict last couple of years

but the recruiting scheme started much earlier ... so we have already paid for these people ...

AGAIN only when people + Opp complain ....then PAP scare and take action

but too late now
    Bro, I doubt PAP will do anything on policies.
    On the contrary, I think PAP might amend the election rules again wor (it happened...)
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

I said we nid to convert more PR to become citizens n annul their native citizenship... Heart can convert anot....who noes.... But must make them convert n not freeloading on our subsidised flat n sublet out!
    Hardware vs heartware!!!

Proudowner says he missed the dateline to vote in NY... those ppl missed the dateline too n borrow money n take the trouble to fly over to cast their vote...

someone in my fb is also oversea, missed dateline to register; complain unfair; in fb very vocal "need change in policy for ppl who fall thru the cracks"
    well i dont debate about the need to help the poor, but the fact is also he not even paying tax, gst, so how is he contributing to the sg economy. Money fall from sky to help the poor.

yet another guy in my fb, working in aust, sold hdb here to buy a house in aust; every posting is condemning current sg govt; again how is he contributing to SG, by complaining ?