Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 141924293439404142434445464748495459646974 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2277

Thread: Please post any Election News/Snippets/ Gossips here

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    3. he, like many, believed in PAP ... voted for PAP ... became a civil servant ..

then he found out in those 5-10 yrs all the 'smelly fish' and ' ruthless / unfair tactics ..

so he quickly get out lor ....

GCT let him go ..thinking he would keep quiet .. but didnt expect him to join Opp ... so, tried to discredit him ...

right ?
    y u bias against GCT?

y u make such assumptions?

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    aiya ask him how much psf he want to pay for yr vote to cover yr area lor since both no plan, highest bid get the vote

is this what PAP use to gain vote ?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    based on this reasoning....den we shd all purposely let our GRC to be taken over by the opp?

if PAP is so confident of themselves ...then yes why not ... let the WP take over for a term and then win it back in the next election

BUT PAP will not let this happen ..

first they know they have been arrogant ..but not that confident ..
    second they scare WP slash they pay ... demote them
    third they scare WP use back the same stinking tactics that themselves have employed all these years ..that is to SHIFT GOAL POST , REDRAW ELECTORIAL BOUNDARY, REMOVE GRC, etc etc

THIRD is their biggest fear

thats why they Kiasuism, which now the poeple also become like that, told them they cannot let WP take over

they stand to lose alot more than just the seats ..

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Do we need so many MPs = $15000 x 87 = $1.3mil a month!
    and the thought of having to pay $15k a month for a 27yr old airhead who stomps her feet and goes 'I donch know what to say' in parliament.......
    brain's bleeding now.....

if PAP is so confident of themselves ...then yes why not ... let the WP take over for a term and then win it back in the next election

third they scare WP use back the same stinking tactics that themselves have employed all these years ..that is to SHIFT GOAL POST , REDRAW ELECTORIAL BOUNDARY, REMOVE GRC, etc etc

thats why they Kiasuism, which now the poeple also become like that, told them they cannot let WP take over

Insightful!!!

den y r u keeping Sg citizenship? y dunwan to take up the greencard?

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    and the thought of having to pay $15k a month for a 27yr old airhead who stomps her feet and goes 'I donch know what to say' in parliament.......
    brain's bleeding now.....
    ya...i aso cannot take it....

i duno wat to say but i noe how to spend my $15k!

is this what PAP use to gain vote ?
    den how the OPP do to gain vote?

3. he, like many, believed in PAP ... voted for PAP ... became a civil servant ..

then he found out in those 5-10 yrs all the 'smelly fish' and ' ruthless / unfair tactics ..

so he quickly get out lor ....

GCT let him go ..thinking he would keep quiet .. but didnt expect him to join Opp ... so, tried to discredit him ...

right ?
    this type of ppl is called traitor. u work for govt eat govt rice and vote for opp. i am not saying govt ppl cannot vote opp. if u are unhappy with pap, u should leave. but he said he work for pap get promotion but vote pap . this is call traitor!!! in olden day such ppl would be granted poison wine!!! betrayer and yet he is so proud of himself for having such character and go around boosting. this is low graded character.

y proud_owner so angry with PAP and yet still keeping SG citizenship?

y u bias against GCT?

not assumptions but 'possibility

some1 had possibilities 1 and 2 i just added the 3rd

y u bias against GCT?

no i am not

i am actually quite fond of GCT and of course GYeo

the are the best, Fk the rest ...

hahaah it rhymes...

y u bias against GCT?

no i am not

i am actually quite fond of GCT and of course GYeo

they are the best, Fk the rest ...

hahaah it rhymes...

y proud_owner so angry with PAP and yet still keeping SG citizenship?
    Hmmm coz he's hoping Singapore comes under opp one day so that hope made him stay on and fight???

Based on one's reasoning we sld vote Bishan-TP slate coz the members (but not the Minister) 'deserve' to be in Parliament.
    Based on another's we sld vote a certain way coz all GRC has a Minister or two and thus allow a Ms Tin to filter through...Go figure!

I respect your right to vote but on some issues you are not being fair the comments people give. Politics is politics and meant to be played by a certain skill-set. But surely you cannot say the current 'system' is not flawed.

Just for this issue - the solutions are varied.
    1) Go back to an all SMC system and have for every 8 or 10 candidates - one to be a minority.
    2) Have "Untouchable GRCs". Divide your Cabinet into 2 or 3 GRCs and field all of them there. Then Oppo sure no guts to fight there - ensuring your Cabinet is safe. The rest fight for Votes.

This can only happen once the GRC is cracked. Then economic Game Theory comes into play. Now it's just convienent but flawed reasoning.

based on this reasoning....den we shd all purposely let our GRC to be taken over by the opp?

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Based on one's reasoning we sld vote Bishan-TP slate coz the members (but not the Minister) 'deserve' to be in Parliament.
    Based on another's we sld vote a certain way coz all GRC has a Minister or two and thus allow a Ms Tin to filter through...Go figure!

I respect your right to vote but on some issues you are not being fair the comments people give. Politics is politics and meant to be played by a certain skill-set. But surely you cannot say the current 'system' is not flawed.

1) Go back to an all SMC system and have for every 8 or 10 candidates - one to be a minority.
    2) Have "Untouchable GRCs". Divide your Cabinet into 2 or 3 GRCs and field all of them there. Then Oppo sure no guts to fight there - ensuring your Cabinet is safe. The rest fight for Votes.

This can only happen once the GRC is cracked. Then economic Game Theory comes into play. Now it's just convienent but flawed reasoning.
    remember life is always unfair....

tcss forum here...my opinion doesnt matter.....

den how the OPP do to gain vote?
    Stop pussy footing.
    step no,1) listen to Hopeful and reveal opposition's wealth . Use a Public Notary/Commisioner of Oath to make sworn statements.
    after they do step no,1) then they can PM me for step no,2.

i quite like some of the opp candidates....i give them my support too....

dun like tat TPL as well....as u can see from my postings

i got a few opp candidate tat i like too.....and i am not a blinded supporter

some OPP supporters r too bias.....they simply blinded and go too extremme and too hard on themselves.....

after 7th may...life goes on for common folks like us

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Stop pussy footing.
    step no,1) listen to Hopeful and reveal opposition's wealth . Use a Public Notary/Commisioner of Oath to make sworn statements.
    after they do step no,1) then they can PM me for step no,2.
    dun understand simi pussy foot la....

i only disturb a few ppl here only if u notice

i quite like some of the opp candidates....i give them my support too....

dun like tat TPL as well....as u can see from my postings

i got a few opp candidate tat i like too.....and i am not a blinded supporter

some OPP supporters r too bias.....they simply blinded and go too extremme and too hard on themselves.....

after 7th may...life goes on for common folks like us
    Only 2 opp can make it really! The others basically just rise up during election and ra ra the voters by pinning down the incumbent... but can they really deliver if they are elected?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Hmmm coz he's hoping Singapore comes under opp one day so that hope made him stay on and fight???
    bcoz i wud tot he oredi so unhappy wif PAP long time ago....its accumulated hatred and anger

if i were him, just annul citizenship and retrieve cpf monies liao.....many cannot do tat bcoz got no means to get get another citizenship

some vocal ones sacrificed themselves and become opposition parties

this type of ppl is called traitor. u work for govt eat govt rice and vote for opp. i am not saying govt ppl cannot vote opp. if u are unhappy with pap, u should leave. but he said he work for pap get promotion but vote pap . this is call traitor!!! in olden day such ppl would be granted poison wine!!! betrayer and yet he is so proud of himself for having such character and go around boosting. this is low graded character.
    I also feel uncomfortable abt this. It gave me a negative view of him when he revealed it. It also makes me wonder what is his REAL agenda? I think he made an own-goal here but not as big as his ex-boss, still an own-goal. Since he was in the midst of the policy-making party and yet not vote for them, what does this say about him?

Sorry to all you Opp supporters. I thought he was a pretty good candidate until this came out.

You already agreed you need a daddy to take care of your money, so why bang your head? I will write to the government to increase minimum sum to $1 million coz judging from the plight of many like you in the forum, you will probably squander all your money when reaching draw down age coz you can't take care of your money.

last time can cash out profit. now go back cpf

What has working for the civil service and serving the people got to do with whether a person should vote for PAP or not. There are many civil servants i know who do not vote for PAP but they serve the country well and do their jobs as civil servants well. i think some people are getting civil service mixed up with PAP.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    I also feel uncomfortable abt this. It gave me a negative view of him when he revealed it. It also makes me wonder what is his REAL agenda? I think he made an own-goal here but not as big as his ex-boss, still an own-goal. Since he was in the midst of the policy-making party and yet not vote for them, what does this say about him?

Sorry to all you Opp supporters. I thought he was a pretty good candidate until this came out.

Quote Originally Posted by gn108

U like game theory?
    2) on point 2, it is the majority that forms the government and decides the cabinet ministers. Who no point in holding the core GRCs and lose the other GRCs and SMCs to opposition, the ministers won't stay as ministers.

better way for PAP to hold on to power is via gerrymandering. Concentrate all the opposition voters in a few areas as possible.
    Meanwhile
    1) PAP strongholds form a super GRC.
    Tanjong Pagar merge with AMK merge with Marine Parade merge with Aljunied, make it a 40 seat GRC .
    2) Weak GRCs like Aljunied merge with Marine Parade, become 12 member GRC.
    3) PAP strongholds break into a few areas. Separate Tanjong pagar into 2 areas. each with 4 members instead of current 5 members.

So opposition can win 99% of votes, but win only 5 seats for example.
    Opposition doesnt need 99% to win, they need only 51%. So there is lack of opposition voters in other districts.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry

seriously, i tink he wana prove himself worthy.....he spent 1 yr to do a 4x page economic duno wat renewal proposal to prove himself

nothing wrong for him to do tat actually.....

GCT started this whole affair.....i seriously feel those old guards shd tok lesser

seriously, i tink he wana prove himself worthy.....he spent 1 yr to do a 4x page economic duno wat renewal proposal to prove himself

nothing wrong for him to do tat actually.....

GCT started this whole affair.....i seriously feel those old guards shd tok lesser
    Yup... talk more so can score more own goal mah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    What has working for the civil service and serving the people got to do with whether a person should vote for PAP or not. There are many civil servants i know who do not vote for PAP but they serve the country well and do their jobs as civil servants well. i think some people are getting civil service mixed up with PAP.
    but he is involved in policy making process

dun understand simi pussy foot la....

i only disturb a few ppl here only if u notice
    your original question was:
    how does Opp win votes.

My response was:
    Opp to stop pussy foot. Fight to win.
    My impression was Opp not serious, they just want 5 minutes of fame.
    So many opp parties, so many people want to be the head .
    Remember, in Singapore is first past the post, and not proportional representation system. So winner takes it all.

And previously mentioned is for suicide squad to make allegations about ministers wealth. either the minister keep quiet or minister sue. have to provoke a response from minister. go court and all will be reveal.
    Politics is not about being a gentleman, politics is all about winning

but he is involved in policy making process
    Yep and if he didn't like the policies, he was in a position that he could have influenced them. He wasn't just ANY ordinary civil servant. His direct boss was GCT. And who can deny that GCT = PAP???