Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 51015202530313233343536373839404550556065 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 2277

Thread: Please post any Election News/Snippets/ Gossips here

Got this from another forum:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...4#post55447014

"However, there was some drama near the rally when a car with an NSP flag was found vandalised with white paint. Photos of the car has gone viral, with netizens speculating that the culprit could have been supporters from the "other" party.

A car parked near the NSP rally was vandalised with a dent on the car door and white paint spilled on it."

"Originally Posted by Seleven

A car parked near the NSP rally was vandalised with a dent on the car door and white paint spilled on it.

"

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    For the first time, I hear PM said they'll review the $8000 cap for HDB purchase... Then again it is only review... after election, it'll then be forgotten again.... am I being too pessimistic and skeptical???
    i tink tink and retink....

dun tink they will up the 8k income ceiling....tat will defeat their purpose of having dbss and EC

above 8k....pls get DBSS or EC....above 10k....den i duno wat to say....(stomp feet) hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by land118

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...4#post55447014

"However, there was some drama near the rally when a car with an NSP flag was found vandalised with white paint. Photos of the car has gone viral, with netizens speculating that the culprit could have been supporters from the "other" party.

A car parked near the NSP rally was vandalised with a dent on the car door and white paint spilled on it."

"Originally Posted by Seleven

A car parked near the NSP rally was vandalised with a dent on the car door and white paint spilled on it.

"
    was reported in ST today too

damn boliao....u see wat will happen if more opposition enters parliament?

dun say i fearmongering....

I wld remove MParade and insert Holl-BT GRC.

All-in-all, I think it'll be 85-2 or even 87-0 but Mandate will drop to around 60%. Below that level sends a very powerful message.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    actually only 4 hot seats and 1 warm seat to look at....
    1) aljunied - if wp fail, they are gone
    2) hougang - hopefully the successor make it or it will be gone for good
    3) potong pasir - lina chiam really cannot make it unless resident give her the sympathy vote
    4) bishan - chiam said he is well received by bishan resident but i very doubtful
    5) marine parade - depend solely on nicole seah cannot make it unless miracle (like her and vote for her is different thing)

if freak result really happen.....opp culd lose all seats......

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    I wld remove MParade and insert Holl-BT GRC.

All-in-all, I think it'll be 85-2 or even 87-0 but Mandate will drop to around 60%. Below that level sends a very powerful message.
    very realistic opinion...i like it

Default SM teaches us about true happiness!

Default Vote for the PAP or else

Vote for the PAP or else

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    if WP won a GRC....

i tink its gona be ugly....

more cats and dogs fight....pinpointing each other's mistakes.....

if WP make a mistake....they can say y PAP can afford to make mistakes and y cant they....

going to be ugly ugly ugly....

dun tink we can see a happy driver and co-driver scenario
    No sweat lah... can change co driver in next election if WP didn't perform in next 5 years...

tats y we have a large group of PMETs whcih in turn create unhappiness of 'y we cant upgrade'.....LOL

nice song initially but it gets annoying

Vote for the PAP or else
    Those who wants to know or else what, there is only one way to find out... VOTE wisely to find out lor...

No sweat lah... can change co driver in next election if WP didn't perform in next 5 years...
    not so as simple as u tot....

lots of damage can b done during the next 5yrs....more hatred....more vandalism.....more.....

i said liao: WP can say y PAP can afford to make mistakes and y cant they.....endless debate....

wenqing like to quote PAP do this and tat, y cant we? PAP taught us to be like dat wat....PAP

Those who wants to know or else what, there is only one way to find out... VOTE wisely to find out lor...
    tot u gona say vote for opp to find out lor

not so as simple as u tot....

lots of damage can b done during the next 5yrs....more hatred....more vandalism.....more.....

i said liao: WP can say y PAP can afford to make mistakes and y cant they.....endless debate....

wenqing like to quote PAP do this and tat, y cant we? PAP taught us to be like dat wat....PAP
    Actually if opp takes power, they'll have more opportunities to make mistakes to be severely scrutinized by the voters... Unfortunately this is our uniquely Singapore's system... In fact this is true in many first world countries when basic necessities are not an issue to debate on during election... it is the bigger stuff... sigh!

Default TNP accused Dr Chee participating in a ‘protest march’ when he was merely signing aut

A witness at the scene took a video which showed Dr Chee signing autographs and shaking hands with his supporters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ1-q...layer_embedded

From another forum:

http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/vie...ca1dd4539f21bd

"TNP accused Dr Chee participating in a ‘protest march’ when he was merely signing autographs

The New Paper (TNP) has sunk to a new low by hitting below the belt to smear the Singapore Democratic Party and its Secretarty-General Dr Chee Soon Juan.

TNP ran an article today with the misleading headlines: “Is he SDP’s loose cannon” which accused Dr Chee of leading a ‘protest march’ in a desperate attempt to character-assassinate Dr Chee and to link SDP with ‘illegal’ protests:

The report said that “it appeared that he (Dr Chee) was about to lead the group in a march before other party members intervened to stop it.”

Thousands of Singaporeans were at the event and they could see for themselves that Dr Chee did not have any intention to start a ‘march’.

Dr Chee and the SDP candidates were thanking Singaporeans who attended the SDP rally at Yuhua stadium on 28 April as the crowd started to leave the stadium. Along the way many of them asked for Dr Chee’s autograph and wanted to take pictures with the SDP Secretary-General:

[Source: SDP]
    http://www.browser9.com/index.php/b3Jn/eW91cnNkcA/d3d3/aHR0cDovL3d3dy55b3Vyc2RwLm9yZy9pbmRleC5waHAvbmV3cy9zaW5nYXBvcmUvNDc5NS1kb2VzLXRoaXMtbG9vay1saWtlLWEtcHJvdGVzdC1tYXJjaA/69/0/

A witness at the scene took a video which showed Dr Chee signing autographs and shaking hands with his supporters:

http://postimage.org/image/2p2tecix0/

It is downright unethical and callous of TNP to turn an innocuous event into a ‘protest march’ so as to smear Dr Chee and SDP in order to influence voters in the coming polls on 7 May.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/aZ1-qjNieiY

Singaporeans should send a strong deterrent message to SPH that such ‘gutter journalism’ is not to be tolerated and has no place in a First World nation like Singapore. "

tot u gona say vote for opp to find out lor
    U said I'm a opp supporter in another thread but to be honest, I'm not even sure who I'm supporting yet... Just to make it clear... . I'll probably only decide on Sat morning.... HEE

Default Stand Up for Singapore

Like this song, my all time favourite. May 07 2011, defining moment...

Stand Up for Singapore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzS5r...embedded#at=91

siao liao....

when was the last riot happening in SG? i seriously cant remember....

guniang starfish! guniang mao mao!

siao liao....

when was the last riot happening in SG? i seriously cant remember....
    1955... Hock Lee Bus Riot

It is puzzling that there are many anti-PAP people out there who are professionals in their 40s, stay in private property and drive European cars. These are people who have benefited from the PAP's educational and economic policies thus far. What could explain their anti-establishment stand?

Could it be that they are worried that 20 years down the road when they retire, they are worried that they will be cast aside as a spentforce by the growth-obssessed PAP government? So they wanted to put in some form of check and balance into the system?

It is also worrying that the opposition rally attracts huge crowds contrary to Shamugan's view that it is nothing unusual. I believed many who attended the opp. rally may not come from the constituencies which the rally are meant for. It is disturbing because it allows the arguments of the opposition to reach a bigger audience which in my view should have a considerable sway to the election results.

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    It is puzzling that there are many anti-PAP people out there who are professionals in their 40s, stay in private property and drive European cars. These are people who have benefited from the PAP's educational and economic policies thus far. What could explain their anti-establishment stand?
    These rich professionals always receive the least when it comes to govt give outs. GST, income tax and property tax also pay the most... what do you think???

These rich professionals always receive the least when it comes to govt give outs. GST, income tax and property tax also pay the most... what do you think???
    The opposition got proposed measures to reduce burdens of the rich professionals meh?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    The opposition got proposed measures to reduce burdens of the rich professionals meh?
    That's the contradiction. Why these professionals are so pissed with the govt?

I would think that the middle class/sandwiches class are the ones, and they are professionals in 30s & 40s. Can only think that their dreams of owning private property or 2nd or 3rd property are getting further away, maybe they didn't buy private property when i was lower and no SSD. In recent times, property price getting going up, they missed the boat, now somemore SSD, etc. Am sure, most are pissed off with just 1 guy, MBT.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Got lah. Many in the top 10%-0.5% not even earning as much as totted. That 0.5% earners already head of a subsidiary of an MNC only earning like <$1m and they consider themselves talents already but still regarded as not-talented enough. They always say ask those Ministers to go to private sector and when they earn $2-$3m a year then come and tell them they are justified that salary.

"Originally Posted by Guanyu

Summary of bookies' call on GE 2011 as of 02 May 2011.

GRCs:
    2 WP
    1 SPP
    1 SDP
    ----------------------
    4 Total (12 seats)

SMCs:
    2 WP
    1 NSP
    --------------------
    3 Total (3 seats)

Opposition MPs:
    17 of a total out of 87 in the House (19.5%)

This morning, the bookies changed the odds for the PAP’s overall margin. They reduced the odds from 3:1 to 2:1 for a win below 60%. So they will pay only $2 instead of $3. "

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    No absolutely nothing from govt.

This morning, the bookies changed the odds for the PAP’s overall margin. They reduced the odds from 3:1 to 2:1 for a win below 60%. So they will pay only $2 instead of $3. "
    These guys got the most up to date ground feel so based on that, PAP is in deep trouble for this election. 2011 is history in the making... Hmmm...

No absolutely nothing from govt.
    becos lower income group is the easiest group to stir their anger and gain their vote.