Page 18 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819202122232833384348 ... LastLast

Thread: Please post any Election News/Snippets/ Gossips here

if u take control of the housing policies now, WAT CAN U DO !!!!!!??????

can only stabilise by banning COV? put a cap on COV?

how about during recession?? buyers must buy at COV? if offer low low, seller turns into negative equity HOW?!?!?! bankrupt HOW?!?!?! who help the owners/sellers??? buyers pls spare a tot yay?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    BUT new flats and resale flat px r interlinked!!!

the root cause of so call 'HIGH" BTO flats is due to high resale flat prices!!!

chicken and egg situation!!

if reduce bto flat px significantly, it will definitely cause resale flats to drop!....who suffer? those who just bot recently....u helping one group of homebuyers but make another group suffers!!!

SO MAIN ROOT CAUSE IS HIGH RESALE FLAT PX!!!!

and cause by WHO???!?!?!?!

our previous generations!!!! GREED!!!! all ask HIGH HIGH COV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by selling the new ones at high price .. is artificially supporting the resale price too ..

and by artificially supporting that price ,, and then confidently say " HDB preserve its values" ... isnt that manupulation ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    HDB are subsidised ... for the lower income group ..

the land for HDB are from the govt (belong to the people )
    HDB developes the land and sell the flats ..

shouldnt all HDB be same price ... regardless its bkt merah or woodlands ?

does construction cost varies ...whether you build in D3 or D26 ?

i know land value varies but not the cost when its from the govt ..
    they should NOT build HDB in prime districts ,,, simple as that and make all new HDB same price or with slight premium but not a top and bottom kind of difference
    if sell same price regardless of location. then everyone will flock to buy bukit merah. then those who did not get will complain again

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    Such thing don happen in US since they have strong opp? spore is really a tiny country and need to manage like managing a company. we are very fragile and can be in bad shape if not properly managed. we ar unlike big country like US that need alternate party and this party must be a strong team to be able to take over the govt anytime. if our is such a team then i fully support but our only know how to ask why then i don see the need. if every policy need to debate for mths before implement then we are already far behind. my view is trust them to run and see the overall result. any small issue can be handle offline.
    abt minister pay, everyone is unhappy but now is very difficult to find smeone who has passion and contribute wholeheartedly. the only carrot is $, as long they deliver result we have to accept it.

are ministers taxed ?

if yes fine ..
    if not ..then its a money making 'job' .. no longer WE ARE HERE TO SERVE

if reduce bto flat px significantly, it will definitely cause resale flats to drop!....who suffer? those who just bot recently....u helping one group of homebuyers but make another group suffers!!!

SO MAIN ROOT CAUSE IS HIGH RESALE FLAT PX!!!!

and cause by WHO???!?!?!?!

our previous generations!!!! GREED!!!! all ask HIGH HIGH COV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Agreed. Don't blame govt entirely for the high property px. It is also the greed of the Singaporeans themselves that is to blame. Sellers holding out for more profits and pushing px higher and higher. Govt trying to curb the greed by imposing SSD (anti-greed tax).

by selling the new ones at high price .. is artificially supporting the resale price too ..

and by artificially supporting that price ,, and then confidently say " HDB preserve its values" ... isnt that manupulation ?
    if i am a homebuyer now, i will agree wif u!!!

if i oredi own a flat, my answer is NO

are ministers taxed ?

if yes fine ..
    i was told US ministers aso exempted from tax...

anyway my only familiar ground is PROPERTY.....other areas i dare not comment much

hey since u in US now, can i ask u smthing....i watch a video....it reveal tat Obama appoint back all the financial key holders to those who mess up/create subprime crisis.....one of them is Ben.....

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Agreed. Don't blame govt entirely for the high property px. It is also the greed of the Singaporeans themselves that is to blame. Sellers holding out for more profits and pushing px higher and higher. Govt trying to curb the greed by imposing SSD (anti-greed tax).
    if the govt is not greedy to begin with ... then they wont sell at high price ..

like you said its chicken and egg ...

but govt is the oone who openly say HDB will preservie its price..

verbally supporting the price .. so seller becomes greedy also lor ..

dont u then thinki govt has a part to play in it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    if sell same price regardless of location. then everyone will flock to buy bukit merah. then those who did not get will complain again

1. ballot ... then its all luck .. like TOTO .. if u dont strike ... cannot blame anyone right ?

2. to qualify to ballot ... can set some criterias ... shant elaborate too much ...let the million salaried minister come up with it .. i shouldnt spoon feed them

afterall they have been spying this forums for ideas ...

1. ballot ... then its all luck .. like TOTO .. if u dont strike ... cannot blame anyone right ?

2. to qualify to ballot ... can set some criterias ... shant elaborate too much ...let the million salaried minister come up with it .. i shouldnt spoon feed them

afterall they have been spying this forums for ideas ...
    who says all LUCK!

BTO is by balloting....u see so many complaints!!!

easier said den done la

who says all LUCK!

BTO is by balloting....u see so many complaints!!!

easier said den done la
    thats another issue ..
    becos our $million salaried MBT missfired .. under built in the past few years ..

did he apologise ?

no he just smirked and said difficult to estimate ... hard to predict ...dont want to over built etc etc excuses excuses excuses ...

this we have covered ... as a provider of basic housing ..the govt should have a small surplus ..and not SHORT ... which he did wrong ... hence created a shortage mah ( exclaimation, as well as directing at him )

if the govt is not greedy to begin with ... then they wont sell at high price ..

ya rite...everything is govt's fault!!!!

govt suppose to babysit everything!

thats another issue ..
    becos our $million salaried MBT missfired .. under built in the past few years ..

did he apologise ?

no he just smirked and said difficult to estimate ... hard to predict ...dont want to over built etc etc excuses excuses excuses ...

this we have covered ... as a provider of basic housing ..the govt should have a small surplus ..and not SHORT ... which he did wrong ... hence created a shortage mah ( exclaimation, as well as directing at him )
    u r wrong! bcoz its all about GREED!!!

during recession period between 08 and early 09....a few BTO in punggols got no over balloting problem!!!

all 1st timers wait and see !!!!!!!!

den when economy picks up, all rush in!!!!!!!!!!!

my fren is a classic example.....!!!!!!!!!!!! got a good queue number for a BTO vy near to punggol MRT but he said prices may crash so give up the queue.....den now complain cannot get gd queue number for those BTO projects near MRT!!!!!

only GOD can anticipate DEMAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

u r an experienced ppty investor....u shd noe demand can disappear overnight and suddenyly come back overnite!!!!!!!!!!!

are ministers taxed ?

if yes fine ..
    Ministers pay peg to private sector benchmark, and well paid. If today, these Ministers take subsidised pay, then if they make mistake, am sure most of us will be more forgiving and give them more chance. But today, as they are paid at market rate, we expect them to deliver and be judge like the private sector. Of course, some Ministers may say if they work in private, they can get more. Well, I would say, We ARE HERE TO PRESERVE our iron rice bowl. I am not battering PAP, if one day opposition have a chance to be Minister, for sure, he need to perform and be judged as he is well paid.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Ministers pay peg to private sector benchmark, and well paid. If today, these Ministers take subsidised pay, then if they make mistake, am sure most of us will be more forgiving and give them more chance. But today, as they are paid at market rate, we expect them to deliver and be judge like the private sector. Of course, some Ministers may say if they work in private, they can get more. Well, I would say, We ARE HERE TO PRESERVE our iron rice bowl. I am not battering PAP, if one day opposition have a chance to be Minister, for sure, he need to perform and be judged as he is well paid.
    but one thing i goto say abt minister pay.....shdnt peg to GDP blah blah.....very dangerous.....a country is not solely GDP driven(numbers only)

this whole minister's pay thingy MUST BE REVISED!!!

ya rite...everything is govt's fault!!!!

govt suppose to babysit everything!
    becos govt spoon fed the people for so long ...

thats why i agree that if you cannot afford ...then buy HDB in the suburbs ..

ya la, spoon fed until got pampered liao.....any bit little things COMPLAIN!!!

u r wrong! bcoz its all about GREED!!!

during recession period between 08 and early 09....a few BTO in punggols got no over balloting problem!!!

all 1st timers wait and see !!!!!!!!

den when economy picks up, all rush in!!!!!!!!!!!

my fren is a classic example.....!!!!!!!!!!!! got a good queue number for a BTO vy near to punggol MRT but he said prices may crash so give up the queue.....den now complain cannot get gd queue number for those BTO projects near MRT!!!!!

only GOD can anticipate DEMAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

u r an experienced ppty investor....u shd noe demand can disappear overnight and suddenyly come back overnite!!!!!!!!!!!

yes GREED

why the people greedy ?

becos their god(govt) is greedy ...

TOP BEAM SLANTED, Bottom beam cannot be straight

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    but they never get fired like in private sector .. such iron bowl ... at least good for 5 yrs ... but then already 5 mio richer

yes GREED

why the people greedy ?

becos their god(govt) is greedy ...

TOP BEAM SLANTED, Bottom beam cannot be straight
    haha....may i ask u a question.....which country people is not greedy by nature?!?!?!

I got this from Facebook. It's a good read - as food for thought and good laughter.

How to Choose a Maid

I need your urgent advice about employing a maid. As a busy mother, I need someone reliable to help out at home.

My maid is from Profits Agency Pte (PAP) and she has worked for me for a long time. Her mother worked for my parents and did an excellent job, so I had faith in her. For several years her performance has been very good, but recently she has become arrogant and insensitive, and is making lots of mistakes.

For example:
    1) She flooded my kitchen – she told me that the drain pipe has blocked (she was supposed to clear it once a month but didn’t). Then she assured me that it is very rare and won’t happen again in the near future. Guess what? It flooded again within a year!
    2) She didn’t close a window and my terrier dog escaped. I was so worried cos he is dangerous and could bite lots of people. After the incident, she didn’t apologise and just shrugged her shoulders saying “What to do, it has happened.” Fortunately my neighbor found the dog and we locked it up again.
    3) Without consulting me, she has been bringing in strangers for my house's maintenance work. She says they charge low wages and keep costs down, but they eat my food, make a lot of noise and rest on my bed. I think they even tried to seduce my husband. It stopped feeling like my home, more like a cheap hotel, and I don’t always want to come back at the end of the day.
    4) When she first came to work for me, I instructed her to clean the different parts of the house at least once a week. But for some time she has stopped taking care of the bedrooms of PP and H; they are now dirty and messy. I asked why and she told me that the kids had been disobedient, so she was neglecting their bedrooms as a punishment (she has forgotten that she is paid to clean all the rooms).

Even though my maid has worked for me for many years and I value what she has done in the past, I think she is now getting complacent. Her attitude is imperious and dismissive. She ignores my comments and basically treats my feedback as "noise". I wrote to the agency about her behavior; they assured me that they are the best agency around and all their maids are “Commited to Serve” – but I think it is just rhetoric and I don’t see that in her actions. Her salary is much higher than maids in other countries, but the agency say this is to keep her honest and stop her moving to another employer. They say there is a limited supply of maids, and Singapore isn’t big enough for more than one good maid agency, so I should not trust their competitors.

I have to decide whether to renew my maid’s 5-year employment contract. When we discussed this she said that she is now part of a team, and if I want her I must also accept her friends doing part-time work for me. One friend is very inexperienced, can't do basic tasks or explain what she intends to do. I suspect that she is actually underage. When interviewed, she only seemed interested in her days-off and visiting Universal Studios. When she couldn't answer my questions she stomped her foot and exclaimed, "I don't know what to say!" But I am still expected to pay her a high salary.

Now there happen to be a few other maid agencies - Workhard Pte (WP), New Solutions Pte (NSP), Super Personnel Pte (SPP) and Star Domestica Pte (SDP) - that offered me some helpers who seem sincere, genuine and intelligent. They are keen to work, willing to assist me and have a good attitude. I know that they may take a bit of time to learn how everything works, but frankly I am inclined to give them a chance.

People say that the devil you know is better than one you don’t. But I feel that I can’t tahan my current maid anymore. Do you think I should sack my current maid and try out a new one? Appreciate your advice.

haha....may i ask u a question.....which country people is not greedy by nature?!?!?!
    the peolple of Brunei ...

In response to WP's proposal to lower prices of new HDB flats, MBT says it will inevitably affect prices of resale HDB but isn't this a vicious cycle which could have been arrested at the very beginning if HDB flats are purely sold at cost prices? So HDB prices are controlled by HDB from escalating while private condo can be left to market forces? Then it will truly be affordable to 1st time buyers... Then MBT will not be caught in today's tricky situation...

the peolple of Brunei ...
    every citizen given a free land rite?

born carefree....nvr nid to work hard one...goodie BEST

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    In response to WP's proposal to lower prices of new HDB flats, MBT says it will inevitably affect prices of resale HDB but isn't this a vicious cycle which could have been arrested at the very beginning if HDB flats are purely sold at cost prices? So HDB prices are controlled by HDB from escalating while private condo can be left to market forces? Then it will truly be affordable to 1st time buyers... Then MBT will not be caught in today's tricky situation...
    BUT everybody will say they r buying a non appreciating asset!!!!

if tats the case, govt shdnt 'sell' HDB in the first plc liao....just build and rent out at affordable rate

wana cap resale px....just ban COV or cap COV amount

how many of u will agree if govt set the HDB resale px from now onwards at valuation+GDP? or valuation+inflation rate? or valuation+???

even recession....buyers must die die buy at valuation+(negative GDP) for eg....

wat we want is gradual HDB px rite? very stable HDB px rite?

many point fingers to PR for driving up the HDB px....i oredi suggested to impose an extra premium for PRs......they can convert to citizen and claim back the premium within 5yrs.....(but wat if those not granted a conversion....tat i duno liao...HAHA)
    Last edited by devilplate; 27-04-11 at 12:00.

Quote Originally Posted by 5577
    I got this from Facebook. It's a good read - as food for thought and good laughter.

How to Choose a Maid

I need your urgent advice about employing a maid. As a busy mother, I need someone reliable to help out at home.

My maid is from Profits Agency Pte (PAP) and she has worked for me for a long time. Her mother worked for my parents and did an excellent job, so I had faith in her. For several years her performance has been very good, but recently she has become arrogant and insensitive, and is making lots of mistakes.

For example:
    1) She flooded my kitchen – she told me that the drain pipe has blocked (she was supposed to clear it once a month but didn’t). Then she assured me that it is very rare and won’t happen again in the near future. Guess what? It flooded again within a year!
    2) She didn’t close a window and my terrier dog escaped. I was so worried cos he is dangerous and could bite lots of people. After the incident, she didn’t apologise and just shrugged her shoulders saying “What to do, it has happened.” Fortunately my neighbor found the dog and we locked it up again.
    3) Without consulting me, she has been bringing in strangers for my house's maintenance work. She says they charge low wages and keep costs down, but they eat my food, make a lot of noise and rest on my bed. I think they even tried to seduce my husband. It stopped feeling like my home, more like a cheap hotel, and I don’t always want to come back at the end of the day.
    4) When she first came to work for me, I instructed her to clean the different parts of the house at least once a week. But for some time she has stopped taking care of the bedrooms of PP and H; they are now dirty and messy. I asked why and she told me that the kids had been disobedient, so she was neglecting their bedrooms as a punishment (she has forgotten that she is paid to clean all the rooms).

Even though my maid has worked for me for many years and I value what she has done in the past, I think she is now getting complacent. Her attitude is imperious and dismissive. She ignores my comments and basically treats my feedback as "noise". I wrote to the agency about her behavior; they assured me that they are the best agency around and all their maids are “Commited to Serve” – but I think it is just rhetoric and I don’t see that in her actions. Her salary is much higher than maids in other countries, but the agency say this is to keep her honest and stop her moving to another employer. They say there is a limited supply of maids, and Singapore isn’t big enough for more than one good maid agency, so I should not trust their competitors.

I have to decide whether to renew my maid’s 5-year employment contract. When we discussed this she said that she is now part of a team, and if I want her I must also accept her friends doing part-time work for me. One friend is very inexperienced, can't do basic tasks or explain what she intends to do. I suspect that she is actually underage. When interviewed, she only seemed interested in her days-off and visiting Universal Studios. When she couldn't answer my questions she stomped her foot and exclaimed, "I don't know what to say!" But I am still expected to pay her a high salary.

Now there happen to be a few other maid agencies - Workhard Pte (WP), New Solutions Pte (NSP), Super Personnel Pte (SPP) and Star Domestica Pte (SDP) - that offered me some helpers who seem sincere, genuine and intelligent. They are keen to work, willing to assist me and have a good attitude. I know that they may take a bit of time to learn how everything works, but frankly I am inclined to give them a chance.

People say that the devil you know is better than one you don’t. But I feel that I can’t tahan my current maid anymore. Do you think I should sack my current maid and try out a new one? Appreciate your advice.

EXCELLENT

yes so the govt must PAY AND PAY for it now because they pamper the people for too long haha so ironic!

treat them too well they want more now. Selectively comparison - how come their housing is smaller and more expensive than Malaysia, Indonesia?!! Why dun compare to Japan and HK?

Then compare their salary to developed countries why we are so poor! haha

BUT everybody will say they r buying a non appreciating asset!!!!

if tats the case, govt shdnt 'sell' HDB in the first plc liao....just build and rent out at affordable rate

wana cap resale px....just ban COV or cap COV amount

how many of u will agree if govt set the HDB resale px from now onwards at valuation+GDP? or valuation+inflation rate? or valuation+???
    but a home is a basic need... appreciate or not .. one still needs it ..

thats why when I started investing in properties ..i always tell myself ..FOR OWN STAY .... so if price drop i wont feel bad..

if HDB buyers come with the intention that the HDB value MUST go up..then they dont deserve it cos they dont even know what is their basic need

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    yes so the govt must PAY AND PAY for it now because they pamper the people for too long haha so ironic!

treat them too well they want more now. Selectively comparison - how come their housing is smaller and more expensive than Malaysia, Indonesia?!! Why dun compare to Japan and HK?

Then compare their salary to developed countries why we are so poor! haha
    yeah man....complain and complain....1st world hosuing ppty px but 3rd world salary?? anymore? hehe

COMPLAIN LAH!!! $$$ where got enough one.....not enuough just blame the GOVT!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    this vicious cycle could escalate to a bigger one ...

to justify their pay ..they must make more money ..hence sell new flats more and more expensive ...?????