Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: Please post any Election News/Snippets/ Gossips here

IIRC, the 2 beneficiaries of the blown YOG budget is Singtel & Singapore Food Industries.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Well apart from all the negative publicity for PAP, one positive stands out. Desmond Choo promised Hougang residents that whether he's elected or not, he'll ensure that Hougang residents get the much desired upgrading over next 5 years! A good start!
    Interestingly, when PAP kana whacked for TPL, they must also whack someone and so now start talking abt gay issues???

wow

there are really spies in this forum

i mentioned last week that PAP should upgrade HDB by age of the flats and not whether they win the wards or not ... so as to gain favor of the people

straight away got PAP candidate used my point ..

next ... opp wards should pay tax to their MP ..to upgrade their own constituency ...heheh lets see

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    why u always make such extreme comparison? there is no end. to me a gay is disgusting figure and not acceptable in today society. so u are saying u are ok with gay!!!
    See my nick?

No way am I ok with gay!! I cannot stand gay also and neither do I treat them like "sister"

But CSJ has publicly said that if they are voted in, they will not seek to repeal this act and even if they do, they will not get majority approval in parliament, I, for one, do not agree with this repeal also.

But being gay doesnt mean he cannot make be a politician, just like steve chia who has "weird" habits.

Cost overrun is forgivable if by a bit, but by such an astronomical overrun, its ridiculous especially as they are supposedly people who are smart and so well paid to run the country. Do you think such overruns are forgivable in private sector? These people will have been sacked already instead of still earning their million dollar salary

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    To me, being gay is not the issue. Its his stand to repeal Section 377A of the Penal Code that criminalises sex between men which I take issue with. As a parent of 2 boys, I will not condone any measures which is in favour of homo***uality. Its unnatural and man is never intended to have *** with another man If bursting budget can even be considered as `evil' in the first place (miss planning more like it), *** between man surely ranks higher on the `evil' list...

SDP can say/ claim all they want. At the end of the day, it doesnt change the conviction of the man, especially if it affects the man personally and criminally.
    out of curiousity ... what about 2 girls having sxx with each other ??

Next time if you burst your budget by a few times, try telling your boss, "Its an honest mistake, let's move on" and see whether you still have your job or not....just my

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

No lesbianism as well.... God created man and woman for each other and not man-man or woman-woman....

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    See my nick?

No way am I ok with gay!! I cannot stand gay also and neither do I treat them like "sister"

But CSJ has publicly said that if they are voted in, they will not seek to repeal this act and even if they do, they will not get majority approval in parliament, I, for one, do not agree with this repeal also.

But being gay doesnt mean he cannot make be a politician, just like steve chia who has "weird" habits.

Cost overrun is forgivable if by a bit, but by such an astronomical overrun, its ridiculous especially as they are supposedly people who are smart and so well paid to run the country. Do you think such overruns are forgivable in private sector? These people will have been sacked already instead of still earning their million dollar salary

GAY = same *** ...

how come people only talks abt guy and guy ... what about gal and gal

i also cannot tahan ... be it guy guy or gal gal ,...

so lets be fair ... we shouldnt allow girl girl too ...
    equally disgusting

whoever that Opp guy is ...

he should not talk about the guy guy

he should contest the law ...why punish only man man and girl girl get away with it ..

not only is it unfair .. it is discriminative ..

he should bang on that law .. not about allowing it

If he lost, you think his Master will agree!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Well apart from all the negative publicity for PAP, one positive stands out. Desmond Choo promised Hougang residents that whether he's elected or not, he'll ensure that Hougang residents get the much desired upgrading over next 5 years! A good start!
    Interestingly, when PAP kana whacked for TPL, they must also whack someone and so now start talking abt gay issues???

Quote Originally Posted by sleek

haahhahaha

so at the end of the day .... the people still not getting their HDB upgraded if they dont vote for PAP right ?

ahhahaha

LPPL ....

PAP needs to realise that they more they think they can push the people the more the people get pissed

He will conveniently "vanish" into the background and be one of the banished and will not see him again in future elections especially as he made that statement about 4 room hdb flat being poor which irked alot of people

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    ya ppl whacked TPL for lavish-no brainer, so PAP whacked Vincent is a gay.

Haiya just admit you are a gay then PAP cannot do anything already lor
    Another sodomy case in the making?

Let's wait for so-called "John Tan" to upload more incriminating photos of VW, which he promise will be on Nomination Day.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

See my nick?

so why must he still say "even if they do" Be firm, which direction are you in, tell the voters?!!! I vote you in and let you repeal it that I am worst than a gay because I become a stupid gay!!!

if EVERYTIME overrun is not forgivable BUT if a 1st time event and significant important event overrun CAN be forgivable according to my experience in private sector

Next time if you burst your budget by a few times, try telling your boss, "Its an honest mistake, let's move on" and see whether you still have your job or not....just my
    few times OUT, 1 time give chance.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    not in the making, thought Vincent is openly gay. It was published in ST quite some time ago that he is gay.

Provided the company doesn't close down because of it like Barings!

few times OUT, 1 time give chance.

not in the making, thought Vincent is openly gay. It was published in ST quite some time ago that he is gay.
    really?? paste the article leh....show it to wenqing!!!!

Same view

But why 377A only covers man-man, we really have to ask our colonial masters

Anyway, this is going to be an interesting election and its my GRC that they are contesting in.....at the end of the day, not that I'm taking sides, there are really bigger issues to worry about for Singapore than if the MP is gay or if somebody under-estimated the cost of a global event. Not that these issues are unimportant, imo, there are other platforms to debate those issues. To make them election issues, we are not doing justice to bigger national issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Same view

But why 377A only covers man-man, we really have to ask our colonial masters

Anyway, this is going to be an interesting election and its my GRC that they are contesting in.....at the end of the day, not that I'm taking sides, there are really bigger issues to worry about for Singapore than if the MP is gay or if somebody under-estimated the cost of a global event. Not that these issues are unimportant, imo, there are other platforms to debate those issues. To make them election issues, we are not doing justice to bigger national issues.
    i totally agree with you

this is just something someone put up to 'derail' whats impt

unfortunately alot of sporeans go for the little things .. when it comes to impt issues all shut up ...sigh

so what are impt to you ?

Let's be honest. As much as we think there are much bigger issues that deal with the country, there are also many small details and issues that affect probably only you but it is nonetheless vitally important to you.

Imagine the guy who cannot get a favorable reply from the relevant govt-funded agencies when he sought help on his escalating medical bill, or the guy whose request to the MP for help on some domestic issues did not receive even an acknowledgment from the MP? Inevitably, these individuals would consider twice as they go to the polls!

i totally agree with you

unfortunately alot of sporeans go for the little things .. when it comes to impt issues all shut up ...sigh

impt issues are:
    1) how to sustain spore grow for next 20~30 years with so many competitors coming out
    2) spore being tiny with no natural resources, is very important to be well known in world map. so we must really go all out to do the best for everything(tats why overspend for YOG), then other countries will know abt us. so we need a capable team with high integrity to gain investor confidence
    3) this generation start to lose our dialect. hope govt can do something to preserve our dialect or it will be lost in 2 generations
    this is my take....high minister pay, overspend to me is secondary. we need a capable team!!

i totally agree with you

I'm a simple man.

1) Singapore's long term relevance and security in the global context

2) Bread and butter issues for citizens

Its easy to identify the issues but more importantly, and herein lies the difficulties, formulating the solutions.

Imo, there are a lot of noises around but these are really just distractions. And these noises sometimes mask the real issues. I hope the govt can sieve out the real feedback from noises and really listen to the people's concerns and not brush it all away as noises.

Provided the company doesn't close down because of it like Barings!
    pls lah I am talking about event costing even overrun also will not caused the co. to close down. Barings is because that guy speculating future contracts resulting losing $1.3 BILLION.

you want to change your name to "exaggerate"

How many companies can afford such overruns?

pls lah I am talking about event costing even overrun also will not caused the co. to close down. Barings is because that guy speculating future contracts resulting losing $1.3 BILLION. What event can caused 1.3 billion hah?

you want to change your name to "exaggerate"

no point arguing lor....

yog is a national event wor...

most imptly, i tink yog is quite a success....

as I said, overrun 1st time forgive him, but if another similar event and he overrun again HAMTUM him

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    no point arguing lor....

yog is a national event wor...

most imptly, i tink yog is quite a success....
    if i can use MBT's analogy, won't this overrun be a raid on national reserves too?? since what is spent must come from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    if i can use MBT's analogy, won't this overrun be a raid on national reserves too?? since what is spent must come from somewhere.
    Den tell the govt dun host yog lah.... Money come from smwhr wat.... Use all these money to help the poor best liao

as I said, overrun 1st time forgive him, but if another similar event and he overrun again HAMTUM him
    could be the spending already under budget since is 1st time. agree with devilplate, the YOG is a success and it help promote spore to another level