Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iridium (D11, Freehold, by Novelty Group)

that's very expensive. did they promise you a lower amount when you bought the unit from the developer?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlcl
    I just paid the 6 mths maintenance fee..$396 per mth for 2 bedrooms and $462 per mth for 3 bedrooms!Sigh!

I just paid the 6 mths maintenance fee..$396 per mth for 2 bedrooms and $462 per mth for 3 bedrooms!Sigh!
    you bought 2 units?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    you bought 2 units?
    Me and my fd bought a unit each..

I still haven't gotten any notice of TOP. I bought a 2-bedroom unit here.

It was supposed to TOP in Dec 2008, then delay to Jun 2009. Now, it's October 2009 and still no sign of TOP.

Anyone know what's going on? Why some said the have received TOP notice, but others have not?

perhaps its done in batches? but its a small project. maybe you will get your notice next week. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by KHIM

It was supposed to TOP in Dec 2008, then delay to Jun 2009. Now, it's October 2009 and still no sign of TOP.

Anyone know what's going on? Why some said the have received TOP notice, but others have not?

U might have to push your lawyer to check with the developer's lawyer cos the 75% of the purchase price,survey fees and the 6 mths' advance maintenance charges are due to the developer by 19th Oct 09. By the way, saw a low floor 3 bedrooms in the paper today asking for $1,600psf..hope that the unit will sell fast!hee..

I got my letter last week. Any idea why the maintenance fee is so high?

Anyone got their keys oredi?

Quote Originally Posted by coughybean
    I got my letter last week. Any idea why the maintenance fee is so high?

Anyone got their keys oredi?
    E developer will release the first list of owners to get key this evening. E maintenance fee is high becos of private lift and there are only 45 units in the development. I guess..

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Don't understand why need private lifts? I rather have 3 common lifts serving 4-5 units per floor than have 1 private lift and have to wait for it to come up (e.g. if live on 30th floor and the private lift just happen to be going down and already at 29th floor - Ops! Waiting time will be long for the lift to go all all the way down to ground floor and then back up again!). What about when your 1 and only private lift is under servicing or out of order for a few days? (You got to use the smelly servicemen lift!). PRIVATE LIFT not really that private lah. Really private lift is 1 lift per unit (You will never meet any other neighbour - if that is what private lift is meant for!).

E developer will release the first list of owners to get key this evening. E maintenance fee is high becos of private lift and there are only 45 units in the development. I guess..

yeah, private lifts are killers when it comes to maintenence fees.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why is it so? I am thinking that if we have 3 lifts serving say 5 units per floor vs 5 private lifts each serving 1 stack, the extra is like only (5-3)/3 = 67% more on private lifts. Furthermore, is lift maintenance making up such a big part of maintenance costs vs others like swimming pool (another big cost item)?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    I don't think private lifts will increase maintenance as the total number of lifts are about the same. Private lifts here basically means it stops right in front of your door. I once went to a condo with private lifts and the lift stopped right in front of a another house and you can see inside the house upfront - no privacy at all - I hope not all private lifts are built this way - if they are then they are not really "private"

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    I don't think private lifts will increase maintenance as the total number of lifts are about the same. Private lifts here basically means it stops right in front of your door. I once went to a condo with private lifts and the lift stopped right in front of a another house and you can see inside the house upfront - no privacy at all - I hope not all private lifts are built this way - if they are then they are not really "private"
    I am wrong. On 2nd thought there are more lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Why is it so? I am thinking that if we have 3 lifts serving say 5 units per floor vs 5 private lifts each serving 1 stack, the extra is like only (5-3)/3 = 67% more on private lifts. Furthermore, is lift maintenance making up such a big part of maintenance costs vs others like swimming pool (another big cost item)?
    The maintenance cost for additional lifts in a new condo is minimal. The problem comes in when the condo gets older and the lifts need lots of repair. A major upgrading can cost 100k a lift 10-15 yrs down the road. So the sinking fund for a project with private lifts has to be quite a bit more.

private lifts normally open 2 a small corridor 4 shoes/little lounge, and two doors on left n right b4 enter living rm or backyd. i saw one in R@E.

I think private lifts is a misnomer. A true private lift is one individual lift shaft to an individual apartment

Everything else is shared. If everyone who lives in the block gets in the "private" lift including myself who stayed on the top floor. I will be able to see everyone lounges on every floor.

Furthermore if a stranger gets into the "private" lift, he would be able to get off any floor when it opens.

Alternatively the current private lift is only private when you travel in the lift alone.

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    I think private lifts is a misnomer. A true private lift is one individual lift shaft to an individual apartment

Everything else is shared. If everyone who lives in the block gets in the "private" lift including myself who stayed on the top floor. I will be able to see everyone lounges on every floor.

Furthermore if a stranger gets into the "private" lift, he would be able to get off any floor when it opens.

Alternatively the current private lift is only private when you travel in the lift alone.
    Then practice basic courtesy? When someone is in the lift, wait for the next lift to enjoy the truly private lift experience

I used to own a unit with a private lift. I also paid 300+ for 2 bedroom and feels that is ex. Actually, maintenence takes place more often than you think for these private lifts. (I also did not know that until I got the keys to my unit). Every few months, there are days that they don't allow you to use the private lifts for a few hours so that they can "maintain". I have no idea why they need to do so but can imagine why the lifts add alot to the fees. These days, they build in a private lift lobby at your unit for more privacy but that also means more "wasted" space. I do not think I will ever buy another unit with private lift.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Then practice basic courtesy? When someone is in the lift, wait for the next lift to enjoy the truly private lift experience
    A long time ago I bought a "private lift" apartment. When I worked out how it works, I sold the unit
    Imagine if a young girl went into a "private" lift with a peophile

i quite like the idea of private lift, becos it keep me away from unsightly stuff like neighbour shoes, and their mess etc. then everyday also don't have maintenance cleaner outside my maindoor cleaning the common areas... think of taking the lift with the cleaner pushing in their cleaning gadgets, but most time they just wait for next lift lah.

but maybe the problems come when the condo become older like >15 years old when start to have 'strange' smells inside the 'older' private lift, though this can also happen with any other ordinary lifts.

I think frequency of maintenance for lifts really depends alot on the brand of the lift, last time stay in a 'west' condo with private lift, never/seldom encounter private lift maintenance... and then recent years stay in another 'central' condo, the private lift almost like maintenance every once/twice a month affair

Just got my key today. The brochure states that LCD TV is provided for Master Bathroom on every unit. However, my 2-bedroom unit dun hve!The finishes not bad except that there r no tiles on the kitchen wall!

Quote Originally Posted by gemstone
    i quite like the idea of private lift, becos it keep me away from unsightly stuff like neighbour shoes, and their mess etc. then everyday also don't have maintenance cleaner outside my maindoor cleaning the common areas... think of taking the lift with the cleaner pushing in their cleaning gadgets, but most time they just wait for next lift lah.

but maybe the problems come when the condo become older like >15 years old when start to have 'strange' smells inside the 'older' private lift, though this can also happen with any other ordinary lifts.

I think frequency of maintenance for lifts really depends alot on the brand of the lift, last time stay in a 'west' condo with private lift, never/seldom encounter private lift maintenance... and then recent years stay in another 'central' condo, the private lift almost like maintenance every once/twice a month affair
    private lift very dusty ...everytime the lift goes up and down ..air is being pushed into the units .. together with the dust..

dont believe next time u check your unit ...inside where your private lift landing ... gets dirty very easily

Just got my key today. The brochure states that LCD TV is provided for Master Bathroom on every unit. However, my 2-bedroom unit dun hve!The finishes not bad except that there r no tiles on the kitchen wall!
    huh ?? how come no TV .. 2 bedroom , neither is a master ?

Congratulations! So are you going to ask novelty for your tv?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    huh ?? how come no TV .. 2 bedroom , neither is a master ?
    Yup..no LCD TV in the Master Bathroom for the 2 bedroom. Different from the brochure!I already feedback to the developer but no reply at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    private lift very dusty ...everytime the lift goes up and down ..air is being pushed into the units .. together with the dust..

dont believe next time u check your unit ...inside where your private lift landing ... gets dirty very easily
    i believe you, now that you mention its dirty, i thought they are caused by shoes soles... hmm.... ventilation not very good while waiting for lift, sometimes the air also rush inside my unit creating a 'machine roaring' sound.

Congrats!! Were there any defects to be rectified?

Quote Originally Posted by coughybean
    Congrats!! Were there any defects to be rectified?
    Yes but minor defects..i heard already 3 owners moved in to their respective units already on day one to get keys..

Yes but minor defects..i heard already 3 owners moved in to their respective units already on day one to get keys..
    how do you find the sizes of the room and living room? When i saw the floorplan, i thought the rooms looks really small, with 2 Br for 700+ sf and 3BR for 1000sf

Quote Originally Posted by tamp81
    how do you find the sizes of the room and living room? When i saw the floorplan, i thought the rooms looks really small, with 2 Br for 700+ sf and 3BR for 1000sf
    Iridium's 2 bedrooms unit (753 & 764 sf) is slightly smaller than Newton Suite 2 bedrooms unit (797 sf). Both cannot comfortably put a Queen size bed in 2nd bedroom. If put, only have a small space to walk. The master bedroom cannot put 2 side tables with Queen size bed. But have comfortable walking space without the side tables. Living room can put a 3 seaters and a small coffee table. Nevertheless it is still much cheaper than Newton Suit (when compared with their sizes, 764 sf vs 797 sf).