Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Pandan Valley a good buy?

Default Is Pandan Valley a good buy?

Hey guys do you think Pandan Valley is a good buy? And is it CCR or RCR property? Need some advice...

TOP in 1979 or 1980?

I remember going to this condo to play squash and bio those jap skool girls during my JC days.

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    TOP in 1979 or 1980?

I remember going to this condo to play squash and bio those jap skool girls during my JC days.
    so u are around 40+ years old this year?

If Buy for EnBloc potential, may have to be prepared to wait long long....

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    If Buy for EnBloc potential, may have to be prepared to wait long long....
    its not bad place to stay. Big Big area, large units. Just along Holland Road. More worth it to pay $1000 psf for freehold than the $1200 quoted in OCR region.

According to some bros here $60 psf can renovate to nice nice already.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    its not bad place to stay. Big Big area, large units. Just along Holland Road. More worth it to pay $1000 psf for freehold than the $1200 quoted in OCR region.

According to some bros here $60 psf can renovate to nice nice already.
    Agree, buy to stay, quite ok. So question by CCR whether it is a good buy will depend on his intention and what price he is paying. From URA caveat, seem like it average about $900+ to $1k psf...., say no takers for enbloc, maybe price will come down a bit...., but if see nice unit that he like, buy to stay, then perhaps love at 1st sight, pay more?

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Agree, buy to stay, quite ok. So question by CCR whether it is a good buy will depend on his intention and what price he is paying. From URA caveat, seem like it average about $900+ to $1k psf...., say no takers for enbloc, maybe price will come down a bit...., but if see nice unit that he like, buy to stay, then perhaps love at 1st sight, pay more?
    got a friend selling there. Alot of pple go there to see his house lor. Big unit 2000 sqft, attached toilet for every bedroom. Huge space and nice big layout. 900+++ hard to get.

Few months ago call, idiot agent told me no 1k no need to go viewing. In hot demand also due to freehold,1k psf avg, and within to hendry park primary school. Great buy in my view for staying.

got a friend selling there. Alot of pple go there to see his house lor. Big unit 2000 sqft, attached toilet for every bedroom. Huge space and nice big layout. 900+++ hard to get.

Few months ago call, idiot agent told me no 1k no need to go viewing. In hot demand also due to freehold,1k psf avg, and within to hendry park primary school. Great buy in my view for staying.
    U shd ask ur fren not to sell wat

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    U shd ask ur fren not to sell wat
    he property guru lah, siting on fat profits so take some lor. He move house till i also lost count how many times.

he property guru lah, siting on fat profits so take some lor. He move house till i also lost count how many times.
    a rolling stone gathers no moss

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    a rolling stone gathers no moss
    hahah very chim indeed, but a nice quote.

I want to buy for own stay... 980 psf ok? Where to find such good location at such price? Big unit all attached bathroom, no planter, no aircon ledge, no bay windows... In CCR but only 1k psf plus FH so how can buy fornstay?

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    I want to buy for own stay... 980 psf ok? Where to find such good location at such price? Big unit all attached bathroom, no planter, no aircon ledge, no bay windows... In CCR but only 1k psf plus FH so how can buy fornstay?
    gd if u really nid the space of 2k sqft....if not abit wasted to sit on 2mil ppty

Stay for 1 property cycle and u might tio jackpot!

At PV sit on 2k sqft home also 2m, buy a 1300 sqft new home also 2m lolx.... It's seem like difficult to find good location properties below 1.5m for a three bedder man...

Yes buy for long term investment

Will there be any potential for such a large site with aging apartments? Pine grove has difficulty enbloc. Pandan valley is bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by litmon
    Yes buy for long term investment

Plus PV is freehold...

Freehold stands a better chance. No need to pay few hundred million of lease topup like the Pine Grove. Location better for own stay than investment. Quite a laggard (in terms of price appreciation) location and is likely to remain so. Don't bash me - personal opinion. For own stay, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Will there be any potential for such a large site with aging apartments? Pine grove has difficulty enbloc. Pandan valley is bigger.

Hey guys do you think Pandan Valley is a good buy? And is it CCR or RCR property? Need some advice...
    Suggest you also read some of the postings on PV under enbloc section, which I realise you also started the thread

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10906

So you would have got a good idea of this. Buy to stay, if enbloc - it's bonus, but personally one is going to wait for a while before "durian dropped" as I doubt residents will agree to sell below a certain reserve price.

A recent friend of mine just rented (last mth) a unit (3 bedder - 1300+ sqft) there for S$3,200 per month only. Btw, he is a property agent. I asked him if he will buy a unit there, he said no but for his own personal reasons. But he told me, PV is a good place to stay and he got a good deal for rental.

Buy before too late....next year even more difficult to get loan

Yes, Pandan Valley a good buy, due to it's natural atmosphere and eco-friendly environment. Hope you will book Pandan Valley soon. Because it might be cost more in the upcoming year.

Cheers !

District 21 leh. Why post under prime thread??? RCR at best...

Quote Originally Posted by Patra01
    Yes, Pandan Valley a good buy, due to it's natural atmosphere and eco-friendly environment. Hope you will book Pandan Valley soon. Because it might be cost more in the upcoming year.

Cheers !

Why will it be higher in upcoming year?

Nice space.... But rather old... so be prepared for chokage etc..
    But i dun like the stepped flooring type..

I have a few questions on Pandan Valley:

Q1) Pandan Valley is under the watchful eye of en-bloc, so if it is en-bloc, what will happen to buyer who bought recently and still within 4 years SSD period? Will they be penalized since it is en-bloc though they could have/already vote NO?

Q2) It is within 1 km from Henry Park Primary, Pandan Valley resident's children have a better chance enrolling into this primary school?

Q3) The building looks like a typical HDB development, I do not see any security, is the place really that conducive as I did observed that there are shops within the buildings and compound.

I am hoping some wise men and women who are vested or non-vested in this development to share their knowledge and thoughts.

I have a few questions on Pandan Valley:

Q1) Pandan Valley is under the watchful eye of en-bloc, so if it is en-bloc, what will happen to buyer who bought recently and still within 4 years SSD period? Will they be penalized since it is en-bloc though they could have/already vote NO? You have to vote NO then appeal to MND if it goes thru coz not your choice... they will waive the SSD

Q2) It is within 1 km from Henry Park Primary, Pandan Valley resident's children have a better chance enrolling into this primary school? Yes

Q3) The building looks like a typical HDB development, I do not see any security, is the place really that conducive as I did observed that there are shops within the buildings and compound. There are security and mgmt very on the ball... the problem with the shops means public can go in to enrol their kids into the pre school tuition centre etc... that is the only downside i think

I am hoping some wise men and women who are vested or non-vested in this development to share their knowledge and thoughts

Q1. Yes still have to pay SSD. regardless if you voted yes or not. as long as you sell within 4 years must pay, includes enbloc.

Q2. usually 1Km have a higher chance but still must ballot if too many apply.

Q3. this is personal. no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    Nice space.... But rather old... so be prepared for chokage etc..
    But i dun like the stepped flooring type..
    Agree. Anyway buy because you like the place, not because you hope it can en bloc. Too many units, too many anti-enbloc folks, too high a quantum. Very tough. Even pine grove next door has a damn tough time.

50m more will practically be clementi already. Rental yield on an old devt like this will not be fantastic. With so many devts coming up along D21/D5, may have problem finding tenant.

At current psf pricing I'd rather pay 200psf more and go for newer projects below 10years. At least no leakage/chokage/rentability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Agree. Anyway buy because you like the place, not because you hope it can en bloc. Too many units, too many anti-enbloc folks, too high a quantum. Very tough. Even pine grove next door has a damn tough time.

50m more will practically be clementi already. Rental yield on an old devt like this will not be fantastic. With so many devts coming up along D21/D5, may have problem finding tenant.

At current psf pricing I'd rather pay 200psf more and go for newer projects below 10years. At least no leakage/chokage/rentability issues.
    Yes, I agree with you.
    I'd rather spend a little more and look for a newer place.
    Although the chance of enbloc is low, but what if you spend a good sum of money doing up the place then it goes enbloc and you have to pay the SSD.........