Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: SkySuites@Anson

MM fatigue?

Market realisation 300++ home is a scam?

Post gov measure effect?

For me, preference for project without developer bonus planter/bw GFA for better value.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    but wat i dun understand is:

skysuites: #30+ 21xxpsf 398 sq ft $850k now 2011
    altez: #30 21xxpsf 840 sq ft $1.8m apr 2010, recent transaction is #38 at 2500psf.

why is skysuites not attractive enough for investors?

I think it's the japan crisis... i.e. external factors. sentiments not there. when STI drops 2% a day, no investor is in very good mood. This project is primarily for investors.

It require effort to find someone to rent your parking lot. How many owner will bother to do that or know someone that happen to need a lot that work in the vinicity?

There is no real advantage when you are given a "dedicated" lot over one that was given season parking. You too can find someone to take over your season parking.

At Icon you dont have to pay for parking lot if you choose not to. Which is why maintenance fee is mere $150 p/mth for a 560/581sf studio verus $300++ for a <400sf Skysuite studio.

Hence i said the developer should offer a carpark opt out as incentive over a dedicated lot.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    That's why its great. Because if your tenant doesn't drive, you can rent out your carpark lot cheap to office workers around the area. Parking lots in CBD area are always in high demand and not cheap. Office workers who drive will gladly take up your offer if it is a cheaper alternative. This will supplement and boost your rental yield.

The parking lots in The Sail or One Shenton are still under common areas which is maintained by mgt which you have to pay for as an owner. Do you think they are charging you cheaper because they don't allocate you a lot.

In my younger days, I did it before when my company offer me a carpark lot instead of cash allowance. Since I already had a lot somewhere else, I 'leased' it to a friend for additional monthly income.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    It require effort to find someone to rent your parking lot. How many owner will bother to do that or know someone that happen to need a lot that work in the vinicity?

There is no real advantage when you are given a "dedicated" lot over one that was given season parking. You too can find someone to take over your season parking.

At Icon you dont have to pay for parking lot if you choose not to. Which is why maintenance fee is mere $150 p/mth for a 560/581sf studio verus $300++ for a <400sf Skysuite studio.

Hence i said the developer should offer a carpark opt out as incentive over a dedicated lot.
    I think with the current trend of CBD carpark lots being demolished to make way for offices/retail, the demand for carparks and parking prices will increase exponentially. I don't think you will have problems finding a 'tenant ' for your lot.

The real advantage is that you are guaranteed a carpark lot. For The Sail and (I heard) One Shenton, you have to ballot for the carpark lot. Sometimes you may be lucky but other times, you may end up without having a place to park. Not too sure about the other CBD devpts, but the usual practice is to have a much lower number of parking lots than the units in the building.

I think the high maintenance fees are due to the numerous sky terraces. Carparks usually don't factor very heavily in maintenance cost and even if they excluded it, don't think it will reduce the maintenance much.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AK47

yes,thats the main drawback for skysuites! the monthly maintenance is too high as majority investors dont need the parking lot..
    for MM units,they should maximise the living space..having a planter box area is wasted space. there's also no bomb shelter to stow your barang2.
    overall was quite disappointed after the viewing yesterday,could be due to my high expectations for this project
    another disappointment is they do not even have brochures to hand out after about 5.30pm,saying they have run out of it! this certainly reflects poorly on the developer n KF! hard to believe considering the thin crowd at the showflats the entire day yesterday on sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    yes,thats the main drawback for skysuites! the monthly maintenance is too high as majority investors dont need the parking lot..
    for MM units,they should maximise the living space..having a planter box area is wasted space. there's also no bomb shelter to stow your barang2.
    overall was quite disappointed after the viewing yesterday,could be due to my high expectations for this project
    another disappointment is they do not even have brochures to hand out after about 5.30pm,saying they have run out of it! this certainly reflects poorly on the developer n KF! hard to believe considering the thin crowd at the showflats the entire day yesterday on sunday.
    Don't get me wrong. Not trying to defend this devpt. I, myself am quite turned off by the maintenance fees. But the high maintenance fees (in my opinion) could be due to the fact that there are 4 sky terraces. As mentioned in my previous post, don't think the parking lots will add that much to maintenance costs.

i had a bad experience for their project at devonshire last time (same allgreen/KF combi). not sure if they see me no up or what but i saw that they were still giving to well dressed clients who came in their big cars. i simply walked to the project in my casual clothes with my family and they din want to give me a brochure, told me ran out also. when i probed, they said the remaining brochures are for those who had already bot a unit but had not visited the showflat yet.

but wat i dun understand is:

skysuites: #30+ 21xxpsf 398 sq ft $850k now 2011
    altez: #30 21xxpsf 840 sq ft $1.8m apr 2010, recent transaction is #38 at 2500psf.

why is skysuites not attractive enough for investors?
    Maybe the awareness simply isn't there? Altez till today still do TV and print ad... didn't see any for SkyPrice @ Anson

I think is the timing. They launch too late. The demand for MM has passed? I don't know. The price is steep as well. I mean, I would rather pay 1.05 million for Clift/Icon than 850k for MM. Collect rental during these 4 years. 3.5k x 48 months = 170k. I will end up with a real unit vs MM.

skyprice still VVIP Preview hor...not launched yet, so no ad.

far east suddenly started to advertise altez becoz of skyprice's preview hahaha. previously was all jardin and waterfront isle recently.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Maybe the awareness simply isn't there? Altez till today still do TV and print ad... didn't see any for SkyPrice @ Anson

Cool

Don't get me wrong. Not trying to defend this devpt. I, myself am quite turned off by the maintenance fees. But the high maintenance fees (in my opinion) could be due to the fact that there are 4 sky terraces. As mentioned in my previous post, don't think the parking lots will add that much to maintenance costs.
    this is a good reason to charge u higher maintenance fees by giving u a carpark lot knowing majority wont need it..if they are sincere about it,they would have given the owner an option for a carpark lot.
    southbank has no skygarden or sky terraces n their maintenance fees arent cheap also.its in the $300+ plus range for the 1 bedder.

VVIP is talk cock one by developer. I walked in.

skyprice still VVIP Preview hor...not launched yet, so no ad.

far east suddenly started to advertise altez becoz of skyprice's preview hahaha. previously was all jardin and waterfront isle recently.

this is a good reason to charge u higher maintenance fees by giving u a carpark lot knowing majority wont need it..if they are sincere about it,they would have given the owner an option for a carpark lot.
    southbank has no skygarden or sky terraces n their maintenance fees arent cheap also.its in the $300+ plus range for the 1 bedder.
    You forget that the developers are not really in the business of making money on the maintenance fees as it just a service that they have to provide until the MC is formed. In most instances, they will outsource the maintenance to a third party.The maintenance fees that they quote is just an estimate that they get from their estate mgt provider.

If you really wanted to argue the point, you should tell the developer that you don't want the carpark lot and they should charge you cheaper for the unit, not reduce the maintenance charges since they will save on construction costs by not having to build so many carparks.

Unfortunately, in reality, the building plan is already approved so unlikely for that scenario to occur. The value of the carpark lot is probably priced into the total price of the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    VVIP is talk cock one by developer. I walked in.

Haha...yah, me too.....

some pple just like freehold i guess and they may like the "supposed redevelopment" of the TP railway station hahaha.

but there are so many even more unliveable 3xx sq ft studios (some by oxley for e.g.) which sold like hot cakes recently still leh?
    bro, lets see the take up rate when they released all the low flrs....

when buyers see low flrs r all taken up....they will LL and start to buy upper flrs with no view....tis happens for altez and clift as well previously and it works....

if take up rate still as bad after low flrs r released....den market really slowed down and correction coming

allgreen strategy too strange.....and they can actually launched last yr when the market sentiment was at the peak....too greedy! serve them right if they dun sell well....

Hi guys,

Just got back today and managed to read all the fiery comments on skysuites.
    As an update, I still went ahead with my booked units as the pricing for me is reasonable after discount and my choice units were allocated to me. Just somewhere to park the toilet papers, I guess.

they tell u run out of brochure?

i went there b4 5.40pm wor....they say they will provide if u buy .....else, they can send me E brochure....allgreen super cheapskate! now i begin to realise FEO r far better....haha....

btw, 1,2 bedder whole hse is using timber flooring....may i noe marble more ex or timber ar? personally i prefer marble leh....easier to maintain and looks great and cooling especially SG is so so hot...

u all can up the budget abit to get 2bedder lor.....the living and master rm quite decent sized....and its corner unit....however, lots of baywindows lor

so r ur units already included in the 50 units? how many u bot? if u bot many, then there are even fewer others who bot?!

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Hi guys,

As an update, I still went ahead with my booked units as the pricing for me is reasonable after discount and my choice units were allocated to me. Just somewhere to park the toilet papers, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

i went there b4 5.40pm wor....they say they will provide if u buy .....else, they can send me E brochure....allgreen super cheapskate! now i begin to realise FEO r far better....haha....

btw, 1,2 bedder whole hse is using timber flooring....may i noe marble more ex or timber ar? personally i prefer marble leh....easier to maintain and looks great and cooling especially SG is so so hot...

u all can up the budget abit to get 2bedder lor.....the living and master rm quite decent sized....and its corner unit....however, lots of baywindows lor
    Marble more ex I think...

Well, developer makes it SO unwelcome for people. I wasn't given a brochure either. Not say I kian their f*cking brochure but it is standard courtesy. I mean, normally potential buyers will be greeted, given name card and the brochure + floor plans (if any). All people who walked in MUST BE TREATED AS POTENTIAL BUYERS. This is how I feel. Doesn't mean you wear shorts, you no $. On the other hand, most rich people wear shorts, bermudas and t-shirt. If you get it close to 700k, then I find it reasonable. Still alright. I hope you didn't pay anything close to 800k

Hi guys,

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

yo, i was there around the same time too....

din get the brochure only 1 piece of card that looks like hotel door warning "do not disturb".

like that, dun wan oredi...uol brochure better, hardcover one

So we can conclude the service at skysuites sucks? Hmm.. What is KF doing?? Allgreen, please wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle

din get the brochure only 1 piece of card that looks like hotel door warning "do not disturb".

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle

developer or KF must be super confident,thought it would be a sell out project..thats y did not even bother about the brochure.the marketing strategy is all wrong here,prospective buyers are simply turned off by the cheapskateness of the developer n marketing agent..the agents do not even have the prices of the units on hand,they need to go to the counter everytime u enquire about the price of a unit n they returned with the price of the units written on tiny scrap piece of paper which i m still having.. the whole thing is so unprofessional

The agent who served me even better. Mixed up 1 bedder with 2 bedders.

Then never mind, tell me 76 Shenton is a newly built office when I asked him how tall the building is. I was like testing him. Then he tell me buy 36th floor because clear all buildings. I was like thinking, either side is blocked. Icon, Altez, MAS, Lumiere, Fuji, M hotel etc. Best of all, tell me the area outside is A/C ledge, not planter. Really CMI.

Ya, now you remind me about those small pieces of useless papers. Mine was scribbled so small onto his name card ! Cheap skate. No wonder cannot sell. But seriously, I think not so much about service but because MM fatigue. Demand dry up for MM...

developer or KF must be super confident,thought it would be a sell out project..thats y did not even bother about the brochure.the marketing strategy is all wrong here,prospective buyers are simply turned off by the cheapskateness of the developer n marketing agent..the agents do not even have the prices of the units on hand,they need to go to the counter everytime u enquire about the price of a unit n they returned with the price of the units written on tiny scrap piece of paper which i m still having.. the whole thing is so unprofessional

Thats fine if you will really bother to rent your parking lot. I guess most of us wont. Shouldnt it be about what most people would want?

Icon has a multi storey carpark, go check it out and tell us what upper storey carpark looks like. As I never had the chance to park beyond 2nd. Thats how empty it is. As for why its so, you have to understand the resident profile.

Wont those carpark lot allocated per unit be a big waste of space when GFA could be better use elsewhere?

PS: I dont know how many storey is the carpark. Anyone can share?

I think with the current trend of CBD carpark lots being demolished to make way for offices/retail, the demand for carparks and parking prices will increase exponentially. I don't think you will have problems finding a 'tenant ' for your lot.

The real advantage is that you are guaranteed a carpark lot. For The Sail and (I heard) One Shenton, you have to ballot for the carpark lot. Sometimes you may be lucky but other times, you may end up without having a place to park. Not too sure about the other CBD devpts, but the usual practice is to have a much lower number of parking lots than the units in the building.

I think the high maintenance fees are due to the numerous sky terraces. Carparks usually don't factor very heavily in maintenance cost and even if they excluded it, don't think it will reduce the maintenance much.
    Last edited by AK47; 21-03-11 at 22:40.

carpark is not GFA. So, no lost to developers for providing more, accept for construction cost.

Price of marble flooring and timber strip flooring is comparable. Cheap marble from china is cheaper than timber strips. Italian marble is more expensive than timber strips... really depends on the type of marble and timber.

Planters on a 70 storey tower.... who is going to plant anything on the 70th floor.... scary

I would be tempted if it is FH.... Too bad it's LH.... If LTV is 20%, might just go in for the fun of it. At least the cooling measure is working on me.....

Like the one-to-one carpark though.

Its true. Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    carpark is not GFA. So, no lost to developers for providing more, accept for construction cost.

so r ur units already included in the 50 units? how many u bot? if u bot many, then there are even fewer others who bot?!
    I am not sure if my units are under the 50 units., and I did not buy many. Not as rich as property owner. As I mentioned earlier, I booked and confirmed my units even before the staff preview, but OTP can only be issued on that day.

I went down to the show flat to sign the OTPs and also to take a look at the show flat yesterday evening, and I was given the brochures for my units. I managed to get extra brochures as some of my friends wanted them as well.

At the end of the day, the main reason that I bought was because of the price extended to me and also to replace some of my units that are about to TOP, Kembangan suites, one shenton etc

I am not sure if my units are under the 50 units., and I did not buy many. Not as rich as property owner. As I mentioned earlier, I booked and confirmed my units even before the staff preview, but OTP can only be issued on that day.

I went down to the show flat to sign the OTPs and also to take a look at the show flat yesterday evening, and I was given the brochures for my units. I managed to get extra brochures as some of my friends wanted them as well.

At the end of the day, the main reason that I bought was because of the price extended to me and also to replace some of my units that are about to TOP, Kembangan suites, one shenton etc
    'Gu Lang' - remember the KS pics okie!

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    'Gu Lang' - remember the KS pics okie!
    The agents will surely beat me to that. Nowadays, I am surprised that some of them manage to sneak into projects that have not TOPed and take photos of the units. Best of all, they will then post in property guru.