Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is CCR losing it's shine?

Default Is CCR losing it's shine?

Prices of Singapore’s luxury prime homes remained stable for the second straight quarter as buyers stayed cautious after recent government tightening measures, according to Jones Lang LaSalle.
    Overall, the Singapore mass residential market saw a 12 per cent increase in prices in 2010 driven by positive sentiment on the back of strong economic performance.
    However the high-end market has been more subdued over the same period with prices increasing 9 per cent.
    Hong Kong led the price growth in the region, with quarter-on-quarter prices up 6.4 per cent despite the latest round of its government measures aimed at curbing speculative demand.
    Broadly, Jones Lang said luxury residential prices in Asia are likely to remain stable or see slower growth for 2011 as buyers have become more cautious about further tightening measures.
    At the same time, prices will not likely be pressured downwards as they are supported by rising rental levels and low holding costs.
    However, the real estate firm said luxury markets in Hong Kong and Singapore should retain some price momentum due to strong end-user demand
    And it added that long-term investors will continue to be attracted by the current low holding costs and the potential hedge against inflation.
    Source : Channel NewsAsia – 2 Mar 2011

Looks like CCR prices will not be going up soon...
    I hope they are wrong man coz I am a CCR man lol....

If no new story about remaking Singapore I think CCR is dead man.....
    IR all opened, nothing that give a big bang to Singapore anymore...

orchard vicinity is flooded with too many new condos....

ccr in sentosa/marina bay r more promising now

Cool

Sentosa and marina are equally flooded using your own word. Think short term better dont invest in properties.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

LOL. These analysts always shoot their mouths off saying CCR star performer in 2011 just bcause it hasn't reached the 2007 peak.

Now confronted with the facts they are quick to change sides...

brother devilplate is correct. from my humble observation these 2 weeks, buyers are indeed moving in towards the direction of MBS. could be uncle Sheldon's recent request for more land for his IR.

Super high rise 99LH with good view seems to be more attractive than freehold in Orchard road nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Super high rise 99LH with good view seems to be more attractive than freehold in Orchard road nowadays
    yes, brother phantom_opera is also correct to say so. from your humble brother's little observation for the past 6 months.

where is teddy when you need someone to laugh at?

these analysts have been behind the curve for years. I was probably the first the made the prediction that CCR properties are dead meat.

yday BT ppty supplement section mentioned about luxury condos.....there was a table.....many new launches in orchard only sold few units in 2010....but analyst say high end developer GOT HOLDING POWER

seascape and MB suites sold more units in 2010 comparatively...

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007
    Sentosa and marina are equally flooded using your own word. Think short term better dont invest in properties.
    yes dont buy! so that developers cannot sell and prices will come down!
    woohoo ~

Was told by my agent friend that rental take up rate is very competitive in CCR area. Low of vacant units there.

Can anyopne varify that?
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Was told by my agent friend that rental take up rate is very competitive in CCR area. Low of vacant units there.

Can anyopne varify that?
    wat u mean? high vacancy rates ?

i only noe those high end condos rental vy competitive.....those rental more den 10k......simply too many choices.....but who cares? they got holding power wat

Quote Originally Posted by westman

Can anyopne varify that?
    well, dont know if RV is considered high end or low end.
    But my big unit cannot get 4,5psf so just let go.
    BTW, that big unit, the buyer exercised the OTP.

Now Martin Place Residence going to TOP in 2nd/3rd quarter. More supply coming up. Headache

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    well, dont know if RV is considered high end or low end.
    But my big unit cannot get 4,5psf so just let go.
    BTW, that big unit, the buyer exercised the OTP.

Now Martin Place Residence going to TOP in 2nd/3rd quarter. More supply coming up. Headache
    congrats

martin place R definitely a better project to keep den the one u just sold

I was also looking at MPR, a few concerns though with Starlight Suites building just beside it and a vacant land in front which might turn into a condo next time.

But overall I really like the project, FCL should be capable of making it quite a luxurious development. Wanted to pull trigger back in 2009 but lacks the funds, could be sitting on 30% paper gain now.

those with 'holding powers' should continue to hold long long long...

Won't lose its shine lah - there will always be people who like to stay in certain districts for status or "family safety". Looking at this forum, my conclusion is that there is a significant group of individuals with prejudices against people staying in HDB flats (not cultured lah, not safe lah, a lot of murders, people not atas enough lah) and condos in the ulu places. And also, those who die die must get their children into "elite" schools who need to move within 1km of whatever school that they themselves never had a chance to go to (no affiliation). In short, CCR will always have its demand. But I have a feeling the younger generation are more willing to push the boundaries and explore more areas.

different strokes for different folks. There are also some who prefer staying in front of mrt track and expressways

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Won't lose its shine lah - there will always be people who like to stay in certain districts for status or "family safety". Looking at this forum, my conclusion is that there is a significant group of individuals with prejudices against people staying in HDB flats (not cultured lah, not safe lah, a lot of murders, people not atas enough lah) and condos in the ulu places. And also, those who die die must get their children into "elite" schools who need to move within 1km of whatever school that they themselves never had a chance to go to (no affiliation). In short, CCR will always have its demand. But I have a feeling the younger generation are more willing to push the boundaries and explore more areas.

u gain some u lose some ba. Give n take like many things in life

wow CCR bashers convention

the day CCR loses its shine is when u see ERP in the morning charging the reverse direction

(... yes yes we are the snobbish lot )

Another proof that MRT is the new prime, price similar to My Manhattan at Simei:

Kovan Residences
    1A Kovan Road #09-05
    99 Yrs From 31/12/2007
    $1098psf
    947sqft
    $1040k
    20 Jan 11

The Scala
    130 Serangoon Avenue 3 #11-05
    99 Yrs From 06/01/2010
    $1482
    $702k
    12 Oct 10
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 04-03-11 at 14:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    But I have a feeling the younger generation are more willing to push the boundaries and explore more areas.
    i hf tat feeling as well....and MRT was nvr a buzz word until recently....

judging by my conversation with my colleagues this morning on primary schools and housing stuff, the qn is more on affordability issues for most of us. Many would like to stay at bukit timah, but when the facts of limited income n unlimited wants, one need to find a compromise.

CCR shines bright bright for me, but as i saves throughout the years, the gap somehow lengthen instead of shorten.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    judging by my conversation with my colleagues this morning on primary schools and housing stuff, the qn is more on affordability issues for most of us. Many would like to stay at bukit timah, but when the facts of limited income n unlimited wants, one need to find a compromise.

CCR shines bright bright for me, but as i saves throughout the years, the gap somehow lengthen instead of shorten.
    Actually the gap is closing - it will never be closed, mind you, but it is narrowing. Last time was 500-600%, now you see it down to 150% to 300% for most projects

when you are young, and not filthy rich like an oil trader, the 1st condo you can afford is almost always OCR. MRT is very important. Critical.

then you progress. becomes wealthy. you start to look at pties costing more than 2M. Or 3M. Not many made it though. Numbers drop.

by then you start to appreciate finer things in life, for example time and peace.

by then you start to have kids. you become responsible. even though u have affiliation, you dun have the heart to let your kid suffer 2hr journey and waking up at 5AM. Your life changes.

by then you start to look at pties costing more than 5M, because you feel like landed.

time flies. children grow up. All are given a few hundred k to buy their own house. (Some splash it on a car instead.) No no need big landed. let's find one smaller but convenient place.

MRT and shops become important again. hopefully nice neighborhood too.

A full circle.

birds of a feather flock tgt or??

how come none of my frens aspire to stay in bukit timah?

but truely, i wud love to haf a holiday hm at sentosa and a bayview unit at The Sail as a collectible asset ....but not at this current pricing....hehe

birds of a feather flock tgt or??

how come none of my frens aspire to stay in bukit timah?

but truely, i wud love to haf a holiday hm at sentosa and a bayview unit at The Sail as a collectible asset ....but not at this current pricing....hehe
    stayed for a while b4, bukit timah is so boring

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    when you are young, and not filthy rich like an oil trader, the 1st condo you can afford is almost always OCR. MRT is very important. Critical.

then you progress. becomes wealthy. you start to look at pties costing more than 2M. Or 3M. Not many made it though. Numbers drop.

by then you start to appreciate finer things in life, for example time and peace.

by then you start to have kids. you become responsible. even though u have affiliation, you dun have the heart to let your kid suffer 2hr journey and waking up at 5AM. Your life changes.

by then you start to look at pties costing more than 5M, because you feel like landed.

time flies. children grow up. All are given a few hundred k to buy their own house. (Some splash it on a car instead.) No no need big landed. let's find one smaller but convenient place.

MRT and shops become important again. hopefully nice neighborhood too.

A full circle.
    demographics and lifestyle changes from time to time....

getting more singles or couples without kid....cannot reverse this trend one....so near gd schools may eventually loses its shine in time to come

.. on primary schools and housing stuff, the qn is more on affordability issues for most of us. Many would like to stay at bukit timah, but when the facts of limited income n unlimited wants, one need to find a compromise.
    this is something many ppl would not want to admit.

many now are sitting on decent OCR paper gains and hoping to find something nearer to town. It's good news for them CCR prices haven't moved. Even though many like to talk down , this and that, they still want to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    this is something many ppl would not want to admit.

many now are sitting on decent OCR paper gains and hoping to find something nearer to town. It's good news for them CCR prices haven't moved. Even though many like to talk down , this and that, they still want to buy one.
    i admitted liao....