Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pros and cons of Apartment vs Condo

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    "condo" status must be better than "apt"! otherwise you are saying URA head wasting tax payers money to get a group of people to come out with these "condo" criteria and there after have to inspect and award the "condo" or "apt" status (waste manpower and hence tax payers money?)
    to paraphrase Mr Deng,
    it doesnt matter whether the project is condo or apartment, as long as it makes money , it is a good project

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Didn't Mr Deng said that his officials who waste tax payers' money should be shot?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    to paraphrase Mr Deng,
    it doesnt matter whether the project is condo or apartment, as long as it makes money , it is a good project

"Condo" is not for status lah - very few people check whether a development is condo or apartment. A lot of apartments also call themselves "condo" leh. It merely tells the potential buyer than this development has significant i.e. 40% of the site area set aside for facilities and gardens etc. And if its apartment, it means the place is built to the max with little space for gardens/common facilities/car park/tennis court. If you think the additional space belonging to you around your unit is not important, then don't buy lor. Nowadays all the MMs, 100% confirm cannot meet condo requirement becos super cramped, people still snap up like hot cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Status doesn't bother me. Just take Rivergate for eg, it is really a superb place to stay in. Facilities wise, don't think it will lose out to "condo". 5 mins walk to pubs and restaurant. Looks wise, I think one of the best. To me, location, layout, amenities and price are very important. Status don't really bother me. You also can't ask for premium by saying my unit is condo status. Doesn't work this way. Just my opinion.

condo or apartment.. got difference in status meh..

Would it make a difference if you tell people you live in a 200000sqft condo with full condo facilities and a 50m pool, as compared to a 10000 sqft boutique development with only a dog pool and a bbq pit?

Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    condo or apartment.. got difference in status meh..

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Would it make a difference if you tell people you live in a 200000sqft condo with full condo facilities and a 50m pool, as compared to a 10000 sqft boutique development with only a dog pool and a bbq pit?
    Personally, little difference. People would take note if you tell them you stay in orchard road....and walk within few minutes to Malls, such as ION or TAKA...

But others may have a different view...actually also depend on the social circle that u have...