Thread: Lawyers as MPs

Default Lawyers as MPs

How come I see more and more youngster lawyers trying to be MP wannabes? They are not happy with earning 500K - 1M a year and now want fame and MP allowance as well?

you hardly see other professions stepping up...maybe because lawyers can BS the most...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    How come I see more and more youngster lawyers trying to be MP wannabes? They are not happy with earning 500K - 1M a year and now want fame and MP allowance as well?

you hardly see other professions stepping up...maybe because lawyers can BS the most...

serve 2 terms will get pension leow

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Why would anyone vote for them? They stay in landed, mix with the atas class and once MP gets paid another 12-15k a mth just to conduct Meet the People session once a week.
    And a lot of them just patronize and pay lip service - maybe because MM Lee studied law hence this is preferred profession to be nominated MP??

Why would anyone vote for them? They stay in landed, mix with the atas class and once MP gets paid another 12-15k a mth just to conduct Meet the People session once a week.
    And a lot of them just patronize and pay lip service - maybe because MM Lee studied law hence this is preferred profession to be nominated MP??

errr since when you vote for individual MP ?

aren they already all grouped into GRC ???

pair the new comers , or unpopular with 2 strong ones .. still get in right ????

hhhmm just like lehman crisis ..

one junk paper ..re package with one AAA rating and sell ...

errr since when you vote for individual MP ?

aren they already all grouped into GRC ???

pair the new comers , or unpopular with 2 strong ones .. still get in right ????

hhhmm just like lehman crisis ..

one junk paper ..re package with one AAA rating and sell ...

yeah you are right - they don't need votes. Just need to know the atas people - so even if people see parapoons also LL cos got their favorite MPs at the helm.

Like those concerts with megastars, you get the lousy acts to start the show you buy ticket liao also LL must watch them

yeah you are right - they don't need votes. Just need to know the atas people - so even if people see parapoons also LL cos got their favorite MPs at the helm.

Like those concerts with megastars, you get the lousy acts to start the show you buy ticket liao also LL must watch them
    or a CD with 3 good songs and the rest ..just a waste of time

I heard no more pension for the newbies.

Pension information.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...3015743&page=8

http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2007/yax-728.htm

Ministers get pensions too

Think to be Politician, as a professional lawyer is best, at least when u talk, u know what to say, and if others anyhow talkcock about you, you can sue... In my opinion, to be politician, must be Lawyer or Accountant, Government need this 2 most. Besides, like what you say, lawyer can BS the best..., but recently Tay Ping Hui - renowned Singapore Media Corp actor, think that Actor may also be good Politician, also can BS...even more convincingly.

And yes, most would remember US president, Ronald Reagan - also an actor. Philipines president,Joseph Estrada, also actor. So maybe someday Singapore PM or President is an actor as well. U never know.

Joining PAP is a fast track to being famous, riches and gravy train.

So many Stat Boards, GLCs, NTUC etc to join.

Even lawyers these days struggle to earn $100,000 if few cases.

My son's teacher is former lawyer who told the class lean months can only earn $1,000.

But MP allowance alone is already $20,000 per month.

Even Tay Ping Hui who publicly said he got one night stands before is now a PAP member and strongly linked as a PAP candidate for coming GE.

With his age and Mediacorp's policy of paying less for older artistes, he needs to find a outlet to secure for rest of his life.

Jack Neo before his scandal was already confirmed to be PAP candidate this GE. He wasted it.

Everybody wants to be MP but for wrong reasons in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    Joining PAP is a fast track to being famous, riches and gravy train.

So many Stat Boards, GLCs, NTUC etc to join.

Even lawyers these days struggle to earn $100,000 if few cases.

My son's teacher is former lawyer who told the class lean months can only earn $1,000.

But MP allowance alone is already $20,000 per month.

Even Tay Ping Hui who publicly said he got one night stands before is now a PAP member and strongly linked as a PAP candidate for coming GE.

With his age and Mediacorp's policy of paying less for older artistes, he needs to find a outlet to secure for rest of his life.

Jack Neo before his scandal was already confirmed to be PAP candidate this GE. He wasted it.

Everybody wants to be MP but for wrong reasons in Singapore.
    Lucky Jack Neo din make it, if not finally our Government will be the laughing stock and have a hollywood style movie to make..., but actually if you asked most people who are doing well in the private sector if they want to join politics, their answer is no. I have friends who are doing very well in the private sector approached by PAP in the past to be potential candidates, they declined. They tell me too stressful. Whole family tree need to be checked and screen and if someone in the family do something wrong, big "hooha". Just wanto continue their private life and still make the $, no need publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Lucky Jack Neo din make it, if not finally our Government will be the laughing stock and have a hollywood style movie to make..., but actually if you asked most people who are doing well in the private sector if they want to join politics, their answer is no. I have friends who are doing very well in the private sector approached by PAP in the past to be potential candidates, they declined. They tell me too stressful. Whole family tree need to be checked and screen and if someone in the family do something wrong, big "hooha". Just wanto continue their private life and still make the $, no need publicity.
    Screening standard has dropped.

Even Tay Ping Hui and Jack Neo can be potential MPs.

Besides ST and CNA will not wash PAP's dirty laundry in public. ST and CNA are very docile. I am not quite sure about Internet though.

Everything will be settle behind doors.

Ask your friend no need to worry.

Even if he got scandal, Singaporeans will not know.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    Screening standard has dropped.

Even Tay Ping Hui and Jack Neo can be potential MPs.

Besides ST and CNA will not wash PAP's dirty laundry in public. ST and CNA are very docile. I am not quite sure about Internet though.

Everything will be settle behind doors.

Ask your friend no need to worry.

Even if he got scandal, Singaporeans will not know.
    My friend is very clean, small family, good background, somemore no kids, that's why we suan him why worry. He say don't want the publicity. Haha..

Default tay Ping Hui??

He is too full of pride and arrogance - I am not surprised if he wants to be MP to get the status. Even when he acts you can see his 'sey' seeping out from his pores...

I'll rather actors like Huang Wenyong or even Hui Ge run for MPs at least they have more humility...

He is too full of pride and arrogance - I am not surprised if he wants to be MP to get the status. Even when he acts you can see his 'sey' seeping out from his pores...

I'll rather actors like Huang Wenyong or even Hui Ge run for MPs at least they have more humility...
    Ya, Huang WenYong pioneer lead actor, still a favourite among many older generation. Born wrong timing, at his prime, these popular ones dun get paid so well and not so many lucrative endorsements available...