Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget 2011

Default Budget 2011

Budget 2011 will be announced this Fri. What do you think are the gula to be given out and how will this affect the property market? Maybe more subsidies for lower income or specific groups to buy hdb? If it's just more rental, utilities or conservancy rebates, good for lower income people but no impact on property. Let's make a guess on the handouts since election is coming.And, what is your wishlist?

I wish they don't give anything. It's our $ anyway. Everytime they give $1 they take back $2 later I bet many rates will increase about 2 quarters after the election.

Giving back $2 is consider lucky.
    The more garment say they want to help, me legs turn to jelly....
    The more they help, the more we have to pay....

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Giving back $2 is consider lucky.
    The more garment say they want to help, me legs turn to jelly....
    The more they help, the more we have to pay....
    chinese saying...sheep hair grow from the sheep..

5% cash for first time buyer so everyone quickly buy house and get married. No excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    5% cash for first time buyer so everyone quickly buy house and get married. No excuse.
    Cash gift of 20K to each child born in 2011 and after.
    Cash gift of 5K for each existing kid.
    Cash gift 5K for each married couple.

Then we just copy US and print more SGD and call a QE Asian version

we had to increase GST to 7%. This is to help poor & old

GST increase liao.
    Poor getting better?
    old get more help?

Quote Originally Posted by Acer

GST increase liao.
    Poor getting better?
    old get more help?
    Everytime garment helps, we ended up pay more...
    some examples:

- Help to improve traffit flow into city. How? Erect ERP lor!

- Help to improve public transport service level. How? Operators cited costs pressure up and hence giving operators with valid reasons to increase fee.

- Help to improve safety satandards for School bus services. How? School bus drivers need to install seats with seat belt features. who pay? Parents lor...

Quote Originally Posted by Acer

GST increase liao.
    Poor getting better?
    old get more help?
    Pple say got rumor Gst might go up to 10% I hope not!!

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I wish they don't give anything. It's our $ anyway. Everytime they give $1 they take back $2 later I bet many rates will increase about 2 quarters after the election.
    Yeah u all ever notice dat e mth u get utilities bill
    Somehow dat mth bill or usage v high offset e rebate end up u still pay abt e same? Nt sure how true it is but happens to us

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    Yeah u all ever notice dat e mth u get utilities bill
    Somehow dat mth bill or usage v high offset e rebate end up u still pay abt e same? Nt sure how true it is but happens to us
    I would say I never bother to verify or check that meter readings are correctly read by inspectors. Even if wrong, how to seek recourse? Wonder if meters ever become faulty after years of usage...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    I would say I never bother to verify or check that meter readings are correctly read by inspectors. Even if wrong, how to seek recourse? Wonder if meters ever become faulty after years of usage...
    My mum checks n they r correct but somehow dat particular mth rates go up

Nothing is free in Singapore wor.

You all complain but then still vote for garment lol..... Singaporean only complain only lah.... See the lightning sign at the polling station then legs turn jelly must vote for them again....lol....

who says we must vote for the lightning? i have never and will never

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    You all complain but then still vote for garment lol..... Singaporean only complain only lah.... See the lightning sign at the polling station then legs turn jelly must vote for them again....lol....

KNN every year so much of tax payer's money go to their tax free salaries but only a small handful worthy of the high pay, a lot just filling into their constituency roles and I don't even know what the hell majority of them do most of the time to deserve the fat pay and bonus and best of all we don't even know most of their names. Being self-employed, I have to slog hard to build my business from scratch but they feed on taxes that people like us pay them and everywhere they go bootlickers have to kow tow to them and lay the red carpet for them. I respect the hawkers that serve me in the hawker centre more than them. The founding father of modern Singapore did a great job no doubt, but that was history.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    KNN every year so much of tax payer's money go to their tax free salaries but only a small handful worthy of the high pay, a lot just filling into their constituency roles and I don't even know what the hell majority of them do most of the time to deserve the fat pay and bonus and best of all we don't even know most of their names. Being self-employed, I have to slog hard to build my business from scratch but they feed on taxes that people like us pay them and everywhere they go bootlickers have to kow tow to them and lay the red carpet for them. I respect the hawkers that serve me in the hawker centre more than them. The founding father of modern Singapore did a great job no doubt, but that was history.
    Frankly I doesn't mind garment folks take big salary as long they stop thinking great ideas to "help" us.

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    chinese saying...sheep hair grow from the sheep..
    indian saying got what?

wanqing not here?

Boh leh, i never get a chance to vote all my life... all walk-overs, sianz if i got a chance, its clear who im going to vote for!!

Most singaporeans esp older folks prefer not to rock the boat... its younger folks who are dis-satisfied with the status quo

Boh leh, i never get a chance to vote all my life... all walk-overs, sianz if i got a chance, its clear who im going to vote for!!

Most singaporeans esp older folks prefer not to rock the boat... its younger folks who are dis-satisfied with the status quo
    one of the reasons: young couples r forced to stay in punggol? hehe

i got a fren who used to b vy anti-pap.....ever since he got a unit at the havelock balance hdb flat....i nvr hear him complain anymore....he only smile smile when we say he oredi earn 200k profit on paper

Then you are staying in an estate opposition don't dare to touch, mean your area must have lots of upgrading and good support from PAP to keep all of you happy and scare the opposition away...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

i got a fren who used to b vy anti-pap.....ever since he got a unit at the havelock balance hdb flat....i nvr hear him complain anymore....he only smile smile when we say he oredi earn 200k profit on paper
    my hdb flat also have abt 300k profit on paper already but still....

it works the same, if u sell ur hdb for 500k now, u still have to fork out 500k maybe even more for renovation etc for a new place.. so where is this paper gain? Unless u tell me u sell liao and live on the streets?

Sell high and buy high = more costs

my hdb flat also have abt 300k profit on paper already but still....

it works the same, if u sell ur hdb for 500k now, u still have to fork out 500k maybe even more for renovation etc for a new place.. so where is this paper gain? Unless u tell me u sell liao and live on the streets?

Sell high and buy high = more costs
    Sell high, buy EVEN HIGHER

Your friend must be quite shallow then.

I worry if property values is the only reason for voting PAP. It is not a vote by merit.

What your friend does not know is sell high buy higher rule.

On paper, it is a great profit but it is useless if he does not sell and unlock the value.

But where will he stay ?

His next apartment purchase could be equalling high price or higher price.

Only the government benefits from this merry go round.

Property should be treated as a roof over head and not for investment, speculation and profit making.

What goes round, comes round.

Your friend may make money from property now but sooner or later, he will have to give it back.

His children will be screaming for help 25 years later asking your friend for 1 million dollars to get a HDB flat aka Hong Kong style.

Salaries can never beat inflation or property prices. It is always chasing.

Either the family will become divided or your friend will have to help his children.

Whatever your friend earn from property in his heydays will be given back to nature and given back to property.

The lessons from Hong Kong and Japan is real. Hong Kong and Japan property will implode one day.

You want Singapore to be next?

The bigger nations had not really seen this problem yet due to land size.

I foresee worse days ahead for 1st time buyers.

Unless, property is strictly forbidden to be use as investment and speculation.

It can only be use as home.

Making small profits from property is fine when you need to sincerely sell, but using property as aims for profiteering is recipe for disaster.

Forget the past , the property road ahead seems bleak if the status quo continues.

Very auspicious day, Toto 11m, if not strike, all of us still have goodies from the Budget...

Budget 2011 will be announced this Fri. What do you think are the gula to be given out and how will this affect the property market? Maybe more subsidies for lower income or specific groups to buy hdb? If it's just more rental, utilities or conservancy rebates, good for lower income people but no impact on property. Let's make a guess on the handouts since election is coming.And, what is your wishlist?

No goodies please.

PAP's track record is famous for giving $1 to Singaporeans and taking back $20 for next 5 years.

I rather they do not help us or else they use the poor as excuse to raise GST again after elections.

Government policies are the biggest culprit for inflations the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    Your friend must be quite shallow then.
    u seriously diff league from commoners....u got different asiprations....many others r vy 'shallow' and simple...

for his case, he can only afford 3xxk but he wants central location and brand new....he got wat he wants and now happily waiting for his flat to b ready.....

want cheap and fresh and big big mah.....haha

for many others...even more shallow.....a simple 3rm flat in punggol or even a hdb rental flat will do for them oredi....plus a secure job of 1.5k....happy liao.....

my estate cleaner everyday carry a broad smile too....

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    No goodies please.

PAP's track record is famous for giving $1 to Singaporeans and taking back $20 for next 5 years.

I rather they do not help us or else they use the poor as excuse to raise GST again after elections.

Government policies are the biggest culprit for inflations the last 5 years.
    omg...here u comes again

u seriously diff league from commoners....u got different asiprations....many others r vy 'shallow' and simple...

for his case, he can only afford 3xxk but he wants central location and brand new....he got wat he wants and now happily waiting for his flat to b ready.....

want cheap and fresh and big big mah.....haha

for many others...even more shallow.....a simple 3rm flat in punggol or even a hdb rental flat will do for them oredi....plus a secure job of 1.5k....happy liao.....

my estate cleaner everyday carry a broad smile too....
    zhi chu chang le is the best... be contented and happy... ren pi ren qi shi ren... so dun compare your flat to the upscale CCR landed... u'll never be contented