Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Residents sue listed developer City Developments Limited

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Yes you are right, not always true for all projects but true for most projects, generally the mass market ones you mentioned. All their neighbours from neighbouring HDB flats also come to enjoy their condo facilities. I know of many people own HDB flats, buy condos nearby, rent out, then go to their condos to use facilities!
    in my condo, we kick out these from the pool :
    1. unaccompanied guests
    2. owner but not resident
    3. guests learning swimming with residents

Now, so peaceful......
    But really, we put in a lot of enforcement efforts

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    1. unaccompanied guests

Now, so peaceful......
    how to identify those tresspassers? especialy for those projects with lots of units?

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    1. unaccompanied guests

Now, so peaceful......
    Wow, must need a lot of enforcement. Number 2 seem quite Harsh, owner-not resident also can't swim..., your condo under 200 units?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    how to identify those tresspassers? especialy for those projects with lots of units?
    auditors, compliance, MAS all say ... KYC .... Know Your Clients

security guards too need KYC

ahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    easy, just tatoo "can swim" on easy resident's forehead, and kick out everyone with a clear forehead out. and rob them clean before kicking them out with the warning "next time I catch you, I will kick your sorry butt."

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Heard the case was settled out of court from colleague?
    ya read our posts and quickly show hand to avoid further damage..... thats fast but in the first place it should not happen.

another developer kenna sued before was Wxxx Txx not too long ago, a high end condo.... anyone knows that outcome of the case?
    Last edited by rattydrama; 09-02-11 at 22:22.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    estate in CCK ... Yishun..... Pasir ris ...etc

i am sure many HDBers there are gate crashing the condos facilities ...

i have witnessed it myself ... many times
    not that true. I stay in D23 right now but seldom see people swim in the pool and not sight of "kicking water head to head" as described. In fact most of the time no one at the pool.

It also depends on the crowd lah. If a lot of ang moh tenant with kids in tow, you can be sure every weekend the pool will be crowded. For newer condos, pools are usually crowded for the novelty factor and stupid housewarming parties. Once a condo is like 5 years old, all novelty dies off and facilities become under-utilised. Esp Asian parents, most are too lazy to teach their children how to swim and will send their children to swim school. And that is assuming your condo is in a relatively "ulu"' place (not too accessibile by public transport) away from HDB flats. Those near HDB and overly-convenient locality will always have the "gatecrasher" problem unless strict enforcement.

perhaps there are lesser units (below 200) and all are busy working, no time to use the facilities and not many tenants around.

maybe the mc also super on.....always seeing them walking around the compound to look out for suspicious persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    It also depends on the crowd lah. If a lot of ang moh tenant with kids in tow, you can be sure every weekend the pool will be crowded. For newer condos, pools are usually crowded for the novelty factor and stupid housewarming parties. Once a condo is like 5 years old, all novelty dies off and facilities become under-utilised. Esp Asian parents, most are too lazy to teach their children how to swim and will send their children to swim school. And that is assuming your condo is in a relatively "ulu"' place (not too accessibile by public transport) away from HDB flats. Those near HDB and overly-convenient locality will always have the "gatecrasher" problem unless strict enforcement.
    Very true, at least to my 5 years old condo (3xx units). On typical weekend evening, the whole pool,hot spa and jacuzzi often occupied by my two kids only. Shiok!

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/Singapor...ry_632721.html

Feb 9, 2011

EMERY POINT DEFECTS

Owners resolve dispute with CDL, contractors

By Selina Lum

Emery Point's management corporation will be using the settlement sum to renovate the condo. -- ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN

THE High Court lawsuit brought by the management corporation of the Emery Point condominium in Tanjong Katong over building defects was amicably resolved yesterday.

The management corporation, representing the owners, had sued listed developer City Developments Limited (CDL), main contractor Hytech Builders, five subcontractors, and the architect, claiming about $600,000 in compensation to rectify the defects.

The hearing started on Monday, with three subcontractors reaching a settlement with the owners.

Yesterday, the owners also reached a settlement with CDL, Hytech and two other subcontractors. The terms of the settlement are confidential.

In a joint press statement, the parties said they were 'pleased that a final resolution has now been reached' and that the management corporation will be using the settlement sum to 'do up Emery Point, which should enhance its value'.

In the statement, the management corporation clarified that there were only 16 water leakage points in the basement carpark and not 280.

The 280 points - stated by its lawyers - referred to proposed grouting points to address the leakage, it said.

CDL said in the statement that it has always been conscious of the quality of its projects, and detailed how it had in fact gone beyond its obligation.

CDL said it had appointed a building surveyor to conduct an inspection before handing over the common property; defects were rectified before the management corporation took over.

CDL also obtained warranties from the main contractor and subcontractors for five or 10 years.

And when any defects arose, the architect, main contractor and the subcontractors had attended to the defects at the condo.

The statement noted that Emery Point won two Building and Construction Authority awards in May 2005 - the merit award for construction excellence in the residential buildings category, and the best buildable design award.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Alexandra View Post
    I'm glad to see that people took a stand.
    Who won in the end?