Thread: Slow take-up for Build-To-Order flats at Yishun

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Slow take-up for Build-To-Order flats at Yishun

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_632202.html

Feb 7, 2011

Slow take-up for Build-To-Order flats at Yishun

By Cheryl Ong

Vista Spring@Yishun, overall oversubscription rate stayed at about two times. -- PHOTO: Artist's impression

THREE Housing Board build-to-order (BTO) projects launched in Yishun and Bukit Batok last month have met with a more lukewarm reception from homebuyers compared to previous projects.

On Monday, with hours to go before the deadline for applications, the overall oversubscription rate stayed at about two times for the projects Golden Daisy at Bukit Batok, and Orchid Spring@Yishun and Vista Spring@Yishun.

This showing pales in comparison to a January BTO launch for Punggol Topaz that received six times more applicants than there were flats on offer, and a November launch in Yishun Greenwalk that was three times oversubscribed.

Golden Daisy, which comprises 180 studio apartments for older residents, also had an oversubscription rate of three times.

However the two projects at Yishun, featuring 1,548 flats ranging from 2-room to 5-room units, got 1.8 times as many applicants as there were flats on offer. The 2-room units were the only ones that were undersubscribed, with just 132 applicants for the 192 units available.

Industry watchers say the Housing and Development Board's promise to put up as many as 22,000 new flats under the BTO scheme if demand is sustained, has made many buyers more selective about the BTO launches they apply for.

Flooding the market to feed the greedy "new" couples in a wrong strategy becos these brats will only want the highly subsidised and discounted ones in "good" locations and high floor and beside MRT so that they can have windfall in 5 years. You give them Yishun they don't want lor. The Bt Batok one is a good location but dunno why end up only have studios for old people.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/Singapor...ry_632322.html

Feb 8, 2011

Slower take-up for build-to-order flats in Yishun

TWO Housing Board build-to-order (BTO) projects launched in Yishun last month have met with a more lukewarm reception compared to previous projects.

Yesterday, with hours to go before the deadline for applications, the overall oversubscription rate stayed at below two times for the projects Orchid Spring@Yishun and Vista Spring@Yishun.

This showing pales in comparison to a December BTO launch for Punggol Topaz that received six times more applicants than there were flats on offer, and a November launch in Yishun Greenwalk that was three times oversubscribed.

However, a third BTO project launched last month - Golden Daisy at Bukit Batok, which comprises 180 studio apartments for older residents - fared better. It had an oversubscription rate of three times.

In contrast, the two projects at Yishun, featuring 1,548 flats ranging from two-room to five-room units, got 1.8 times as many applicants as there were flats on offer. The two-room units were the only ones that were undersubscribed, with just 138 applicants for the 192 units available as of 6pm yesterday.

Industry watchers say the Housing Board's promise to put up as many as 22,000 new flats under the BTO scheme this year if demand is sustained, has made many buyers more selective about the BTO launches they apply for.

'Buyers are waiting for the ideal project to come along before they submit their applications,' said head of research at SLP International Nicholas Mak.

Student Genevieve Phua, 21, who applied for a four-room flat at Orchid Spring@Yishun, said the project's distance from the MRT station is not a big issue for her.

Ms Phua tried her luck with the Yishun Greenwalk project previously, but did not get the flat she wanted.

'Yishun is a mature estate, so this BTO is actually quite ideal for me,' she said. 'I've lived in Yishun since I was two and the BTO project is near the coffee shops and markets I usually go to, so I actually prefer this project to Greenwalk.'

CHERYL ONG