Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is staying in penthouse like?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Forget that it might include the lift lobby and other common area like in Hong Kong
    I got a FH unit which is 17 years old... calculation of the floor area does not include lift so don't think this 20 yr old condo includes...

Just joking... I would rather give up on this unit than pursue so much. 99LH with 20 years gone somemore

Thanks for your thoughts.. But suppose the seller can only show me the ' legal' size but not the physical space then theres no point right even if he bought it as such 20 yrs ago

If it is loft, then owner might double count the floor area in the living room.
    What do you mean by a loft? Took a look at the floor plan and maybe thats how they come up with the extra space.
    There isnt a second level or anything

Quote Originally Posted by Sprouts
    Thanks for your thoughts.. But suppose the seller can only show me the ' legal' size but not the physical space then theres no point right even if he bought it as such 20 yrs ago
    So if its the actual space you are looking for, then forget about this place simply coz its not there unless you build it up in the space. What I meant is if you can proof it's legal size, then when you sell, there's still a legal obligation to sell it without a loss or shrinkage in land size!!! You are protected so to speak!!!

The owner may also mean you can build a mezzanine. Haha, just don't deal with dishonest sellers.

The owner may also mean you can build a mezzanine. Haha, just don't deal with dishonest sellers.
    You won't know they are dishonest until someone falls prey to their unscrupulous behavior!

Thanks for that will make sure if i proceed ( coz my partner really likes it) i make sure the legal size is verified. Have to say Im less keen now seller seems suspect

Living room has double volume hence counted double. Nothing special. Very usual practice.
    U should just look at the total package and see if u like the figure. Psf is meaningless for cases like this.
    Some ppl like double volume living rooms because they can hang huge chandeliers

why not get a surveyor?
    or check transacted caveat?
    or check INLIS?
    or check BCA?

does it have internal chute? maybe internal chute is huge . can throw a mattress down the chute.

Thanks for that will make sure if i proceed ( coz my partner really likes it) i make sure the legal size is verified. Have to say Im less keen now seller seems suspect
    Make him confess the truth and show the evidences!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Living room has double volume hence counted double. Nothing special. Very usual practice.
    U should just look at the total package and see if u like the figure. Psf is meaningless for cases like this.
    Some ppl like double volume living rooms because they can hang huge chandeliers
    although usual practise, is it part of GFA calculation? When engage own surveyor, does surveyor count double volume also?

Not sure how usual is usual. I nearly bought a ground floor unit with double storey living room height. Agent told me can build a second storey in the living room and there was no double count for this space unless it is sold with double storey. Can't verify and didn't bother to probe!

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    although usual practise, is it part of GFA calculation? When engage own surveyor, does surveyor count double volume also?
    GFA accepts such measurements as saleable area. If u meant does it count into plot ratio, no it does not. Which also means it can only remain as void, u cannot build a floor over it.

In Singapore practice, once a size of a unit is determined by a surveyor , it's fixed. There is no amendment. Unlike some other countries where the size of a unit is not fixed, but rather determined each time a survey is done.

When a developer did a double volume, it's actually up to the developer whether he wants to declare as such. Some do not double count , some do. Btw it must be more than a certain height to be eligible.

Look this is not cheating. If u look at the unit below u will know the floor area. It just sounds nice with a bigger number

GFA accepts such measurements as saleable area. If u meant does it count into plot ratio, no it does not. Which also means it can only remain as void, u cannot build a floor over it.

In Singapore practice, once a size of a unit is determined by a surveyor , it's fixed. There is no amendment. Unlike some other countries where the size of a unit is not fixed, but rather determined each time a survey is done.

When a developer did a double volume, it's actually up to the developer whether he wants to declare as such. Some do not double count , some do. Btw it must be more than a certain height to be eligible.

Look this is not cheating. If u look at the unit below u will know the floor area. It just sounds nice with a bigger number
    And pay a whole lot more... not my cup of tea!

Thats quite absurd ( the rules i mean)
    So can an extra floor be built if they double count the living room like that??

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    why not get a surveyor?
    or check transacted caveat?
    or check INLIS?
    or check BCA?

does it have internal chute? maybe internal chute is huge . can throw a mattress down the chute.
    Apparently the owner agent verified on inlis.
    Im a bit annoyed actually if it is usual usual shouldnt my agent know this??

Apparently the owner agent verified on inlis.
    Im a bit annoyed actually if it is usual usual shouldnt my agent know this??
    It is usual to that owner and agent for that is how they calculate but usual to many of us. Although I did hear something like that but heard it only once some time back so its still usual. Best is check directly with URA.

So can an extra floor be built if they double count the living room like that??
    no you cannot. it must remain void (air space only).

actually, dun get so worked up on this. it's just a number game. say its direct downstairs is 1000sqft, you know this "PH" unit is really just 1000sqft , *with a double volume ceiling*. developer originally just gave it a nice number to sound good. No ppl will pay the same psf as the lower floor for the "inflated" size. It's the same for terraces. no one will pay the same psf for terraces. Now do you value double volume (to hang chandelier ?) ? (I know some value terraces.) If you don't, then you dun pay for it. There is no need to argue about "unit size". You are paying a total sum, not a "psf".

High ceiling is good but too high means higher cooling load = higher electrical bill from air-conditioning. I still prefer the older condo with high ceiling of about 3.3m. That is good enough.
    no you cannot. it must remain void (air space only).

actually, dun get so worked up on this. it's just a number game. say its direct downstairs is 1000sqft, you know this "PH" unit is really just 1000sqft , *with a double volume ceiling*. developer originally just gave it a nice number to sound good. No ppl will pay the same psf as the lower floor for the "inflated" size. It's the same for terraces. no one will pay the same psf for terraces. Now do you value double volume (to hang chandelier ?) ? (I know some value terraces.) If you don't, then you dun pay for it. There is no need to argue about "unit size". You are paying a total sum, not a "psf".

Thanks a lot.. I still like tall ceiling but not willing to pay double la.. Have focused on another unit since and we like that one too.

Thanks a lot.. I still like tall ceiling but not willing to pay double la.. Have focused on another unit since and we like that one too.
    All the best in your relentless scout for that deam abode...