Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is staying in penthouse like?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    High attic space with good insulation for the roof construction helps. Pitched roof or sloping roof will be easier to create this large volume space. Hot air rises to the top of the attic and with good passive design to remove this hot air from the space.
    thanks for answering on my behalf

so just dun go buy those PHs with gentle sloping attics or those that look real nice and modern with NO attics at all...prepare to be roasted during daytime cos you are actually sheltering those below you. Being the highest, there is no other protection...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    thanks for answering on my behalf

so just dun go buy those PHs with gentle sloping attics or those that look real nice and modern with NO attics at all...prepare to be roasted during daytime cos you are actually sheltering those below you. Being the highest, there is no other protection...

luckily mine has a slanting roof thanks ...

Quote Originally Posted by dnomyarw
    luckily mine has a slanting roof thanks ...
    smart choice

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Penthouse surrounded by landed is the best. Feels like living among landed properties
    Yeah! It's like the world under your feet and the blue sky above.

The penthouse bug has bitten me again

Which one is more worth it? 1-bedder FH penthouse near MRT that opens to a roof-top swimming pool (my idea) or 2-bedder 99LH condo with luxurious facilities like in Terrasse (my wife's idea)? Let's assume that both are around $800k.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix

Which one is more worth it? 1-bedder FH penthouse near MRT that opens to a roof-top swimming pool (my idea) or 2-bedder 99LH condo with luxurious facilities like in Terrasse (my wife's idea)? Let's assume that both are around $800k.
    If for own stay, both must be happy so try to negotiate a compromise. If for investment, meaning every intention to sell later, get the one nearer to MRT....

I have already given a cheque for the penthouse, now waiting for balloting. Just not sure whether to go ahead to buy if I strike the ballot or get the Terrasse.

where is that?
    The new project at Kovan? 831 Upper seranggoon road?

I have already given a cheque for the penthouse, now waiting for balloting. Just not sure whether to go ahead to buy if I strike the ballot or get the Terrasse.
    All the best... its 4 yr SSD so don't make any hasty decision...

Some penthouses need to give access to workers to fix the gondola for facade maintenance. It can be quite often. Remember to ask the developer if your penthouse unit is affected.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    where is that?
    The new project at Kovan? 831 Upper seranggoon road?
    Just testing my luck. My wife is actually against it since it is very expensive for a 1-bedder, but I will be the one paying so I will decide later

great .
    KARL

Just testing my luck. My wife is actually against it since it is very expensive for a 1-bedder, but I will be the one paying so I will decide later
    Always wise to get a unit where both husband and wife agree on otherwise no peace to your ear over the next few years...

I would go with penthouse.

I have bought this unit (4th floor) - Single floor and low rise development (The Verte)

It is next to Siglap park connector. I have plan to install boxing stuffs on the open terrace so I could practise muay thai and boxing

Looks huge. What's the floor area? Can have a 8 seater dining table...

It is not huge ... just 1948 sqft

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs
    It is not huge ... just 1948 sqft
    The space is rather compact so quite neat.. Only that long corridor I don't really like coz its space wasted. But good to have a small pool... congrats on your acquisition!

I actually also like to stay in Penthouses but does not own one YET!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    The space is rather compact so quite neat.. Only that long corridor I don't really like coz its space wasted. But good to have a small pool... congrats on your acquisition!

I actually also like to stay in Penthouses but does not own one YET!!!
    Thank you ... It is for a 4 of us - wife and 2 young kids (4 and 3 years old).

I think it should be sufficient for the time being ... I bought it during 2009 ... so the price was manageable ...

Prior to this unit, I almost bought Accasia (sp?) it is a 2 storeys penthouse 1500+- sqft ... really cramp

I would go with penthouse.

I have bought this unit (4th floor) - Single floor and low rise development (The Verte)

It is next to Siglap park connector. I have plan to install boxing stuffs on the open terrace so I could practise muay thai and boxing

whats the maintenance like for this penthouse?
    If plus private pool, should be quite ex....

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    whats the maintenance like for this penthouse?
    If plus private pool, should be quite ex....
    Last time i asked, for the unit itself is 350 SGD and the pool is 150 SGD

total about 500 SGD a month.

Btw this unit is not a penthouse ... just a regular 4 bedrooms

Thank you ... It is for a 4 of us - wife and 2 young kids (4 and 3 years old).

I think it should be sufficient for the time being ... I bought it during 2009 ... so the price was manageable ...

Prior to this unit, I almost bought Accasia (sp?) it is a 2 storeys penthouse 1500+- sqft ... really cramp
    So I suspect you have a boy and a girl so need separate rooms? Cool! So the last room is either for your study or your maid? Quite neat!

yea i have a body and girl. The last room would be used as a home office. overseeing the Siglap park connector longkang and Frankel Avenue

yea i have a body and girl. The last room would be used as a home office. overseeing the Siglap park connector longkang and Frankel Avenue
    Congrats on your new home!!!

Too large for me in terms of cleaning. Maintenance of pte pool shd b closer to $300? This figure was quoted to me recently at Space@Kovan agent. Water+chemicals+bacteria sampling+scrubbing: doesn't seem cheap to maintain...

Got a bizarre scenario on a one floor penthouse that i am considering to buy. Advise very welcomed
    - single floor
    - 2 bdrm
    - slanted roof ( fairly steep angle)
    - saw it twice and obtained the floor plan from management it looks like around 1000 sqft. Very small balcony and the 1000 includes the very small yard already.
    - the recorded floor area was a surprising 1400 sqft ( confirmed by mgmt office)
    - 99lh about 20 yrs in already
    - good location hence why i wanted it in the first place

We ( including our agent) looked hard to see where the extra area come from but to no avail. What to do? The seller is insisting on a price tht woud not make sense if it is 1000 sqfr

I guess when in doubts, dont buy ... no point buy it now and regret later ... after all property is a big ticket item

Quote Originally Posted by Sprouts
    Got a bizarre scenario on a one floor penthouse that i am considering to buy. Advise very welcomed
    - single floor
    - 2 bdrm
    - saw it twice and obtained the floor plan from management it looks like around 1000 sqft. Very small balcony and the 1000 includes the very small yard already.
    - the recorded floor area was a surprising 1400 sqft ( confirmed by mgmt office)

We ( including our agent) looked hard to see where the extra area come from but to no avail. What to do? The seller is insisting on a price tht woud not make sense if it is 1000 sqfr

I prefer penthouse that is at least 30th floor with no taller buildings around it.

- single floor
    - 2 bdrm

If it is loft, then owner might double count the floor area in the living room.

- single floor
    - 2 bdrm

Very simple... get the seller to show you his purchase 20 years ago or whenever to proof its 1400 sq ft and that he really bought it as such and it must be recognized by URA. Otherwise it is pointless to argue with him. Just forget the deal altogether!

Forget that it might include the lift lobby and other common area like in Hong Kong