Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loft@Holland

Default Loft@Holland

Loft@Holland units snapped up

Updated 11:12 AM Jan 14, 2011
    var fontIndex = 2; var fontSize = new Array('0.63em', '0.69em', '0.75em', '0.88em', '1em', '1.13em');
    SINGAPORE - Only hours before the Government announced its latest round of cooling measures for the property market, buyers had snapped up all the units available at the Loft@Holland, Oxley Holdings' latest "shoebox'' residential project.

The property developer said all its 41 units were sold within two hours at its soft launch yesterday. Demand was so strong that all, but two units, in the development needed balloting to be conducted.

"On average, there were about three interested buyers per unit," Oxley said.

The units were sold at between $1,630 to $2,166 per sq ft, and most of the buyers were mainly locals, the company said.

Oxley chairman and chief executive officer Ching Chiat Kwong said: "The market's overwhelming response to our latest projects is extremely encouraging."

The five-storey development which is located at 151, Holland Road, comprises 37 one-bedroom units, ranging from 323 sq ft to 484 sq ft, and four two-bedroom penthouses with private jacuzzis, ranging from 980 sq ft to 1,141 sq ft.

It also has common facilities that include a basement carpark, a swimming pool and a gymnasium.

Analysts believe that the main attraction of the property is its prime location, which puts it in close proximity to the proposed Holland Village MRT Station and nearby Holland Village Shopping Centre.

It is also close to renowned schools like Henry Park Primary School, Nanyang Primary School, and Hwa Chong Institution.

Any comments about this sold-out 40-unit MM project with the latest series of measures kicking in?

Limited capital gain upside but definitely good rental once TOP.

What is the rental we are looking at for a typical MM unit of 323sqft at Loft@Holland? Apparently such unit cost around 700k? What % rental yield are we looking at here considering that there are limited upside to flip witht the new stamp duties measures introduced. The project is slated to TOP in 2015, so no rental from now till then.

Quote Originally Posted by 990113d03
    What is the rental we are looking at for a typical MM unit of 323sqft at Loft@Holland? Apparently such unit cost around 700k? What % rental yield are we looking at here considering that there are limited upside to flip witht the new stamp duties measures introduced. The project is slated to TOP in 2015, so no rental from now till then.
    dun like MM....jus buy bigger unit lor....some say 10-20% drop wor....of coz hoot big units going forward....2milppty...drop 10%...200k savings liao....who cares about MMs now...haha

Despite a good address and its close proximity to the new MRT station, I doubt this is for own stay. It is so tiny. Maybe we can call it a high-class motel-apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    dun like MM....jus buy bigger unit lor....some say 10-20% drop wor....of coz hoot big units going forward....2milppty...drop 10%...200k savings liao....who cares about MMs now...haha

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

For what purpose? Like in high-class luxury Hotel 81?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Despite a good address and its close proximity to the new MRT station, I doubt this is for own stay. It is so tiny. Maybe we can call it a high-class motel-apartment.

So totally no upside for capital appreciation for this sold-out 40 unit project in a superb high class location? How much can rental for a 323sqft unit fetch?

Quote Originally Posted by 990113d03
    So totally no upside for capital appreciation for this sold-out 40 unit project in a superb high class location? How much can rental for a 323sqft unit fetch?
    U bot a unit there n duno whether to exercise anot?

the ford @ holland, 484sqft, just TOP recentlly, rented @ $2800 per / mth.... u judge loft @ holland can rent how much....

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    the ford @ holland, 484sqft, just TOP recentlly, rented @ $2800 per / mth.... u judge loft @ holland can rent how much....
    Only 200-300 buck more den D8 mm.... Lol....

Haha I dun understand the point of "It is also close to renowned schools like Henry Park Primary School, Nanyang Primary School, and Hwa Chong Institution."

Such small MMs can house little kids meh?

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Haha I dun understand the point of "It is also close to renowned schools like Henry Park Primary School, Nanyang Primary School, and Hwa Chong Institution."

Heard of "address rental"?

No lah. Desperate parents may buy a unit there to rent out and at the same time register the place as home address when apply for P1.

Yes but isnt it kinda illegal if using it for registration and not physically staying there? I do not see such place deem fit even for a small family

i think its impossible. 2 adults + a primary 1 kid stay in 323 sq ft studio?

anyway, its only within 2km of both henry park and nanyang, not 1km. given the hotness of balloting, chances are low anyway.

Yes but isnt it kinda illegal if using it for registration and not physically staying there? I do not see such place deem fit even for a small family

Wink

Loft@Holland sold out in 1 day ! Good stuff, ppl still snatch up.

"Looking ahead, he (Liew Mun Leong) said the measures will separate serious developers from speculators: 'These types of measures will differentiate the real estate developers who helped with Singapore's urbanisation from the speculators, who build shoebox apartments.'"

Capitaland really dun give oxley face.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    "Looking ahead, he (Liew Mun Leong) said the measures will separate serious developers from speculators: 'These types of measures will differentiate the real estate developers who helped with Singapore's urbanisation from the speculators, who build shoebox apartments.'"

Capitaland really dun give oxley face.
    haha...or rather sour grapes?

must position a bit mah, they're launching more d'leedon, urban suites and the nassim. all upmarket projects.

"As long the cat catches the rat, it is clever cat"

Just dun ends up a hungry cat or dead one...

Some fat cats prefer to catch cultured rats...

Different cat, different strokes

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    must position a bit mah, they're launching more d'leedon, urban suites and the nassim. all upmarket projects.
    wonder wats the psf for urban suites....shd be 3kpsf b4 measures....now possibly 2.5kpsf? hehe

wonder wats the psf for urban suites....shd be 3kpsf b4 measures....now possibly 2.5kpsf? hehe
    shd be urban resort.

Previously it was going for about 2700+psf right?

all big big units type leh.

Previously it was going for about 2700+psf right?

bro, u noe hows sales at vermont on cairnhill? surprised to see 527sqft...2bedder ard 900sqft....hehe MMs

that's why he's trying to differentiate themselves from MM players ma, to justify to the prospective buyers, they're not just buying a house that's like a hole in the wall, but an iconic home that one can be proud off... i think i sound almost like those developer. ha.

not been tracking recently but they only sold 5 more in dec leh.

ok lah. smaller than usual but not exactly MM. maybe its the one lor...beg by giving 5% more discount? hehehe

bro, u noe hows sales at vermont on cairnhill? surprised to see 527sqft...2bedder ard 900sqft....hehe MMs

actually i always thot it'd be ideal to have something in between. but that is too idealistic. developers are so extreme, either big until cannot afford or small until MM. sigh.

that's why he's trying to differentiate themselves from MM players ma, to justify to the prospective buyers, they're not just buying a house that's like a hole in the wall, but an iconic home that one can be proud off... i think i sound almost like those developer. ha.

actually i always thot it'd be ideal to have something in between. but that is too idealistic. developers are so extreme, either big until cannot afford or small until MM. sigh.
    hmm...mabe i shd visit vermont...2kpsf for 2bedder sounds fair....about 10% discount...hehe...