Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: More measures to cool market

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

In my opinion, before end of this year most likely break 2007 peak levels for CCR. (I thought CCR 2007 peak already break 1997 peak? It is the OCR that has not broken 1997 peak until now. That is why CCR has better long-term capital appreciation value!).

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    teddy and I believe in investing in property for the long term. Don't think any of us is smart enough to pick a property at the lowest point and sell at the highest point. You will be a genius if you can do that. If you believe that property will rise higher peak to peak in the long term, than your investment strategy will be different. Luxury CCR prices has not breached the 1997 levels, but it's going to, don't know when, but its going to happen.

What warped logic is that? Rentals will go up or not will depend on the supply coming into the market and demand from foreigners. Most Singaporeans/PRs buy because that's the only way to access our CPF monies.

Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    possibility that rentals will go up, especially for the larger sized units exceeding $1M that now have become less 'affordable'

my feel is that the hdb market had cooled more in comparison to the private market in Q4. maybe that's why now whack private.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    next is HDB lor, never say give heads up

Omg.... 60 percent ltv leh...., I hope u r right. 50 percent for....

Default OXLEY’S LOFT@HOLLAND FULLY SOLD

how ironic. everything happening on same day. hahaha.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    In my opinion, before end of this year most likely break 2007 peak levels for CCR. (I thought CCR 2007 peak already break 1997 peak? It is the OCR that has not broken 1997 peak until now. That is why CCR has better long-term capital appreciation value!).
    yah hor... got years mixed up...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

let's see how many of the option cheques will bounce tomorrow....boing.boing...

2 million properties? Did you get your math wrong?

OCR comprise say 20 districts. CCR comprise 6 districts. The question we always have to bear in mind is, is 15,000 units across 20 districts better or worse than 10,000 units across only 6 tiny districts? Which region has greater oversupply? 15,000 units across wide expanse of 600 sq km OR 10,000 units across teeny 100 sq km?

That's why I say, all these experts have to analyse over-supply in relation to the area covered. 10,000 units over a small area is worse and more cramped than 15,000 units over a large expanse of land. And there will always be people who like to stay in quieter and less crowded areas, i.e. there will always be demand, even in ulu places like Sembawang.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    There are 2,000,000 potential OCR properties waiting to be sold! That won't kill the OCR property market?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    What warped logic is that? Rentals will go up or not will depend on the supply coming into the market and demand from foreigners. Most Singaporeans/PRs buy because that's the only way to access our CPF monies.

Supply of foreigners is there and has been growing. I am assuming that there will be less people who can now invest in larger units (so there will be less large units for rental in the market) and those that can and plonk down 40% for the larger units will expect a higher return on their investments i.e. higher rental.

Does this sound logical?

I think this is the last batch of suckers who bought directly from developers without knowing the measures in the late afternoon!

No. Because capital values can fall if rental yields and future upside growth potential is not there - that is a real possibility. Just because you buy an over-valued property doesn't mean that u can find someone to rent at exorbitant rate.

Supply of foreigners is there and has been growing. I am assuming that there will be less people who can now invest in larger units (so there will be less large units for rental in the market) and those that can and plonk down 40% for the larger units will expect a higher return on their investments i.e. higher rental.

Does this sound logical?

This time cooling measure is mainly made because last year aug cooling measure couldn`t kill the overheated OCR market.

Whether you have cash of 100k more from 300k or not for 1M property is absolutely matter for OCR buyer only. (LTV 70% changed to 60%).

Anyway, for big project normally takes 3-4year to build, that means when you buy from launch, when TOP comes it already 3-4years taken.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    better hope pte prices don't come down too close to hdb if hdb valuation still creeping up.

This 4yr SSD for resale units is almost like HDB/DBSS/EC 5yr MOP.
    Similar but..

> SSD is targeted on sub-sales.. & latest 4yr SSD is to clamp down on the growing bubble (SSD starts from OTP/S&P rite? still have 3-4yrs of building process rite?)

> HDB/DBSS/EC 5yr MOP meant to promote higher home ownership for the greater public (MOP starts from key collection rite?)

Many many, bouncing bunnies.. Practicing for yr of rabbit.... Hop hop

No. Because capital values can fall if rental yields and future upside growth potential is not there - that is a real possibility. Just because you buy an over-valued property doesn't mean that u can find someone to rent at exorbitant rate.
    likewise for prices can fall if there's lesser speculator or investor VS homestayers, cheonging up the properties.
    and when prices fall, rental fall too.. Once that hit those buyers that bgt at overpaid price with pathetic rental,to cover mortgages. slolwy it lead to firesales.

Does this sound logical?
    Developers can rent out unsold units too. If rental moves even higher, good 2011 HUAT .

One thing is for sure. The foreign hot money from Hong Kong and China is not gonna come anymore. These rules are obvious - it's to tell the foreigners who have no stake in Singapore to get lost and stop frying our property.

With LTV of only 60%, the incentive to invest in higher value properties to "maximise" the multiplier effect of leverage is greatly reduced. I know of people who like to buy high value properties so that they can borrow more and multiply their returns. Such incentive to maximise leverage is greatly reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    Developers can rent out unsold units too. If rental moves even higher, good 2011 HUAT .
    More rental units coming into the market means more supply.. and you know the equation about supply and demand... meaning lower rental rates lah

actually, i m curious and this oxley project is an excellent case study. they sold all the units in 2 hours today. does that mean that they are not hit by the measures?

my interpretation of the footnotes on the announcement is this:

1) the 60% LTV applies for OTP granted from tomorrow onwards so they can still apply for 70% loan.

2) the SSD rule is based on EXERCISED option after today. So they will be hit by the 5 year rule unless they exercise today as well?

can someone tell me whether my interpretation is correct or not?

One thing is for sure. The foreign hot money from Hong Kong and China is not gonna come anymore. These rules are obvious - it's to tell the foreigners who have no stake in Singapore to get lost and stop frying our property.

With LTV of only 60%, the incentive to invest in higher value properties to "maximise" the multiplier effect of leverage is greatly reduced. I know of people who like to buy high value properties so that they can borrow more and multiply their returns. Such incentive to maximise leverage is greatly reduced.
    But if that Foreign buyers are 1st time buyer for Singapore property, then they still get 80% loan.

Ok - for the sake of discussion...FTs are still coming in. Singapore is still projected to grow 4-5% this year. Rentals could maintain or increase, no?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...104505/1/.html

everything has to do with election ...

60% is not the only rule leh. You didn't read those SSDs? Obviously to discourage investors. Locals might have incentive to invest in Singapore because this is our home. But foreigners? They just go to whichever country or asset class that gives them the best returns. And looking at those prohibitive transaction costs (SSD etc), who will invest here?

Quote Originally Posted by trump7
    But if that Foreign buyers are 1st time buyer for Singapore property, then they still get 80% loan.

actually, i m curious and this oxley project is an excellent case study. they sold all the units in 2 hours today. does that mean that they are not hit by the measures?

my interpretation of the footnotes on the announcement is this:

1) the 60% LTV applies for OTP granted from tomorrow onwards so they can still apply for 70% loan.

2) the SSD rule is based on EXERCISED option after today. So they will be hit by the 5 year rule unless they exercise today as well?

can someone tell me whether my interpretation is correct or not?
    Is it possible to exercise the option in 1 day, correction, in a few hours?

The measure will scare some speculators away... if they, like some of the forumers here, think that prices will fall.

only the fools believe in the high takeup rate is due to the increase of foreigns staying in sgp, instead of them frying up the prices and cashing out profits when HK and china are prevent in properties frying.

time will come and we will see % speculator VS homestayer.

Prices will fall. That's a no brainer. The question to ask is by how much in the coming months. 20%, 30%?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    hi kingkong,

1 time only,,,,this capital gain tax like Australia right ?

How like that ?
    It's not capital gain tax lah. It's a punishment fine if u sell with 4 yrs. Get it?

60% is not the only rule leh. You didn't read those SSDs? Obviously to discourage investors. Locals might have incentive to invest in Singapore because this is our home. But foreigners? They just go to whichever country or asset class that gives them the best returns. And looking at those prohibitive transaction costs (SSD etc), who will invest here?
    correction: SSD discourage Speculators, SSD will not discourage long term investors...

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Prices will fall. That's a no brainer. The question to ask is by how much in the coming months. 20%, 30%?
    Not really tat much, max 10 percent. just tat new sales slow. People buy for stay only. Invest in ssd? Wat a joke.

Is it possible to exercise the option in 1 day, correction, in a few hours?

The measure will scare some speculators away... if they, like some of the forumers here, think that prices will fall.
    Yes, technically yes