Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: More measures to cool market

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    This is exactly the type of speculators the govern is trying curb... those that flip in 4 years. doesn't affect long term investors.

heng ah.... already got my property
    few quarters later, u realise similar units are selling even lower.
    only such news benefit to those who buying for long term,and at lower price than current

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Hdb not in the pic.... Solely pte ppty tis round....
    better hope pte prices don't come down too close to hdb if hdb valuation still creeping up.

This 4yr SSD for resale units is almost like HDB/DBSS/EC 5yr MOP.

if measures come in again, means that prices are still going up.... yeah!!!!
    tell me something we dont know..
    if a unit asking 700k, val at 770k and trans at 750k..

Its mean, noone biting the bait. Be it prices up or down

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    with the high SSD, i think MMs will die 1st, investors buying cos of affordabiliy and hoping to flip for profits within certain years. who really buy for rental yields, instead of capital gains.? unless u have millions and millions sitting in the bank,which you do not have any idea wad to do with it. then shld hoot the properties for rental yield
    don't think MMs is going to die first. Those who wanted to buy larger units have to settle for smaller units. Don't agree that investors only buy MMs to flip, flippers buy across the board, not just MMs....

I buy for rental yield as well as capital gains and I don't have millions in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    better hope pte prices don't come down too close to hdb if hdb valuation still creeping up.

This 4yr SSD for resale units is almost like HDB/DBSS/EC 5yr MOP.
    Good analogy. Just that for pte property you can still buy/sell if you pay the dues to the govt.. Those in need of money quick will not buy property now since it will locked up for 4 years unless you don't mind paying the dues!

don't think MMs is going to die first. Those who wanted to buy larger units have to settle for smaller units. Don't agree that investors only buy MMs to flip, flippers buy across the board, not just MMs....

I buy for rental yield as well as capital gains and I don't have millions in the bank.
    haha, MM units are bought mostly by speculators, and they will all rush for the exit now, including yourself.

disagree with me? just wait and see.

small time flippers can only afford MM,
    oh yes u buy for rental yield to cover ur mortgages and dispose once u see a capital gain,isnt it.? or u going keep for the next 10yrs for rental yield.??

if the SSD going eat into ur profits,MM profits going turn into zero profits due to is small size. who will wanna play this game.?

tell me something we dont know..
    if a unit asking 700k, val at 770k and trans at 750k..

Its mean, noone biting the bait. Be it prices up or down

I am saying that the government will not introduce new measures if prices have stabilized. That's the intent of the measure. New measures will only be introduced if prices continue to rise. The government doesn't want the market to drop, they just wants it to stabilize.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    haha, MM units are bought mostly by speculators, and they will all rush for the exit now, including yourself.

disagree with me? just wait and see.
    STAMPEDE.......... FIRESALE for MMs! If this happens within the next few months, you would have proven your point!

those can't find tenants confirm can't .

MBT better pray no suicide cases due to these measures.

I am saying that the government will not introduce new measures if prices have stabilized. That's the intent of the measure. New measures will only be introduced if prices continue to rise. The government doesn't want the market to drop, they just wants it to stabilize.
    if no cooling is achieved, then government will make it a crime to flip within 10 years. if you do, your ass will be in jail. that would surely kill the market. haha.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Think the message is this: If you are not rich, don't touch property market. But if you are rich and can hold, you will sure become even much more richer investing in property when the paper money you are holding drop quickly in value (like toilet papers being printed like no tomorrow)!
    Morale of the story? The rich just get richer more easily with less competing buyers!

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    At the end of the day, they will make sure that they kill the property market for another umpty years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Message is clear. Don't touch the property market if you have a short term mentality. Play other products if you want to.

small time flippers can only afford MM,
    oh yes u buy for rental yield to cover ur mortgages and dispose once u see a capital gain,isnt it.? or u going keep for the next 10yrs for rental yield.??

if the SSD going eat into ur profits,MM profits going turn into zero profits due to is small size. who will wanna play this game.?
    I believe in holding property for the long term. why not keep for 10yrs? So near term fluctuations of the market doesn't make me lose sleep...., as long as prices go up in the long term, I'm happy...

If prices do drop... I'll buy....

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    those can't find tenants confirm can't .

MBT better pray no suicide cases due to these measures.
    why would MBT care? he is paid based only how cool the market is.

I believe in holding property for the long term. why not keep for 10yrs? So near term fluctuations of the market doesn't make me lose sleep...., as long as prices go up in the long term, I'm happy...

wow, you are the type that MBT cannot touch. you are so cash rich.

Why you worry? People who buy properties worth $3m or more sure have lots of cash (especially those who buy for own stay). You should worry about those OCR properties selling at $1000 psf or more! To buy a $1.5m OCR properties need to pay $600k cash downpayment! Wow! How many living in OCR can afford to fork out this amount of CASH easily? This sure sounds like the sounding horn for the slow dead for OCR properties! Anyway, developers already said they shifting to sell high-end (still holding these) while most of them had already quickly get rid of the mass market properties after winning bid of the land sold by Govt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Overseas now.. is this for real? Heng ar, I got rid of one investment...

I think those medium-ticket ones (e.g. 1.5 million and above) in trouble. 40% of 1.5 million = 600k. 600k cash for such high risk property investment and high SSD is NOT WORTH IT anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Think the message is this: If you are not rich, don't touch property market. But if you are rich and can hold, you will sure become even much more richer investing in property when the paper money you are holding drop quickly in value (like toilet papers being printed like no tomorrow)!
    Morale of the story? The rich just get richer more easily with less competing buyers!
    But how to become richer when there is a dearth of demand and nobody to push the prices up. Property prices will only go up because there is demand and this comes from investors and speculators. Speculators accelerate the price increase. Killing them will kill the market. There will be no buyer unless you meet a cash rich investor! Holding property will become a long long long term play until the next cycle!

wow, you are the type that MBT cannot touch. you are so cash rich.
    It's called staying in the market, but prepared for the worst....

why would MBT care? he is paid based only how cool the market is.
    haha...hot money coming, MBT says 'Freeze!!!' He is Spore's Iceman

This just in:

US jobless claims jumped unexpectedly last week to their highest level since October, suggesting the labor market is still in a rut. Separately, producer prices rose more than expected.

wow, the US economy may hit another road bump. and now singapore just announce another bevy of cooling measures. why would anyone buy properties now?

make sure u can loan the 2nd,3rd or 4th properties,and no margin call from banks. especially when u do not have millions in bank

But how to become richer when there is a dearth of demand and nobody to push the prices up. Property prices will only go up because there is demand and this comes from investors and speculators. Speculators accelerate the price increase. Killing them will kill the market. There will be no buyer unless you meet a cash rich investor! Holding property will become a long long long term play until the next cycle!
    agreed. there are already 10,000 ccr properties that cannot be sold. the new measures will kill the market for CCR properties

Property is always about cycle. If you can hold 1 cycle, you sure become richer. Every cycle, the high is higher than previous high. The low is higher than the previous low. Can hold long long sure can make money. If you can't hold long long (say at least 5-6 years), don't play property. Can only watch others make profit from property.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Property is always about cycle. If you can hold 1 cycle, you sure become richer. Every cycle, the high is higher than previous high. The low is higher than the previous low. Can hold long long sure can make money. If you can't hold long long (say at least 5-6 years), don't play property. Can only watch others make profit from property.
    property is abt buying at the right price right time,and holding for the next cycle. i dont see buyers in 1997,able to breakeven though is a cycle higher now. in short,buy with eyes wide open.
    not just thinking of a cycle can sell higher than now..

make sure u can loan the 2nd,3rd or 4th properties,and no margin call from banks. especially when u do not have millions in bank
    don't need millions, just need enough for installments for a couple of years...

Whenever recession just ended and economy picks up, there will always be tons of buyers so much so that Govt has to introduce cooling measures sooner or later, just like now. No buyers now? Never mind, wait for next cycle and tons will appear, and willing to buy at high and high price (definitely higher than the peak of last cycle).

There are 2,000,000 potential OCR properties waiting to be sold! That won't kill the OCR property market?

agreed. there are already 10,000 ccr properties that cannot be sold. the new measures will kill the market for CCR properties

Why you didn't mention that overall US unemployment has dropped to 9.7% from 9.8%? Why you didn't mention that US Fed Reserve Biege book economic report says US economy slowly recovering? Why you didn't mention US DJIA has just hit multi-year high because of these good news? Sentiment has never been so high since this news has been announced! Stock market indices have been climbing non-stop for past 2 weeks!

This just in:

US jobless claims jumped unexpectedly last week to their highest level since October, suggesting the labor market is still in a rut. Separately, producer prices rose more than expected.

wow, the US economy may hit another road bump. and now singapore just announce another bevy of cooling measures. why would anyone buy properties now?

property is abt buying at the right price right time,and holding for the next cycle. i dont see buyers in 1997,able to breakeven though is a cycle higher now. in short,buy with eyes wide open.
    not just thinking of a cycle can sell higher than now..
    teddy and I believe in investing in property for the long term. Don't think any of us is smart enough to pick a property at the lowest point and sell at the highest point. You will be a genius if you can do that. If you believe that property will rise higher peak to peak in the long term, than your investment strategy will be different. Luxury CCR prices has not breached the 1997 levels, but it's going to, don't know when, but its going to happen.

possibility that rentals will go up, especially for the larger sized units exceeding $1M that now have become less 'affordable'