Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time buyer looking for a 1Bedroom condo in D15-D16

Smile First time buyer looking for a 1Bedroom condo in D15-D16

Hi all , was wondering is there any new launch or upcoming project in this area somewhere near by my office ( Parkway ) . I'm looking for a 1 Bedroom with living room unit for my own stay not for investment and what is the price range like for a unit as my budget ( $510,000-$550,000 ) . Is there anything to look out and guide like some agents wrote ( VVIP discounts , early bird discounts ) , stamp fee , lawyer fee @ etc as i'm first time buyer , it will be great if someone here are willing to share and guides thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by ivy252
    Hi all , was wondering is there any new launch or upcoming project in this area somewhere near by my office ( Parkway ) . I'm looking for a 1 Bedroom with living room unit for my own stay not for investment and what is the price range like for a unit as my budget ( $510,000-$550,000 ) . Is there anything to look out and guide like some agents wrote ( VVIP discounts , early bird discounts ) , stamp fee , lawyer fee @ etc as i'm first time buyer , it will be great if someone here are willing to share and guides thanks .
    Nope. VERY VERY hard to find something decent even with $700,000 if you are looking at this area. Perhaps the so-called experts here who have been arguing about price correction, criticising MMs, can come in to give some recommendations but I will be surprised if they can find one. But you can look at small developments at Telok Kurau or Haig Road area which are nearby, but definitely you won't find something around parkway with your budget.

Maybe you can consider OCR like what many people here say is more worth it and in demand? There was a huge argument about OCR or CCR capital appreciation potential. Will you consider Sengkang?

Ivy,

$550k includes all the other fees? If yes, then very hard to find in D15. Maybe Suites @ Guillemard or some small devts at Tembeling/Everritt side. But space is really tiny. I would rather move further to D17.

Reuter, what's your take on devts at Sea Avenue? Its 5min walk to PP. Got potential? Recent transaction at Sea Avenue Residences 2-bedder 980sqft transacted at 1.12m. You think overpriced or still ok?

Quote Originally Posted by penguin
    Reuter, what's your take on devts at Sea Avenue? Its 5min walk to PP. Got potential? Recent transaction at Sea Avenue Residences 2-bedder 980sqft transacted at 1.12m. You think overpriced or still ok?
    can't comment if it's overpriced or not, but one thing i know for sure is every sunday and saturday, residents face a perennial problem - churchgoers at the catholic church parking along their residences

For church, every Sunday or some Saturdays

For Mosque, every Friday

For temple, not fixed but should have more worshippers on 1st and 15th

For Indian temple, most mornings with drum beating

Basically all place of worship are having the same issues.

Avoid to be too near if u can, carpark and road blockage and also noise disturbances expected.

But if u have to buy... Choose one that you can bear. I think mosque is the best as mainly confined to Friday noon. Other times not as bad. If u are a church goer, you preference to be near church should be higher,

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    can't comment if it's overpriced or not, but one thing i know for sure is every sunday and saturday, residents face a perennial problem - churchgoers at the catholic church parking along their residences
    Do you mean the church go-ers will park along Sea Ave making the road narrower but still enough space for pple staying there to drive in and out of their residences? Or do you mean the church go-ers will park to an extent that will block traffic? I do understand Sea Avenue has only one exit - East Coast Road, which is rather congested at certain periods. This is the only down side, other than this, location's good...groceries, TNS, library, CC, beach, Parkway Parade, speculated mrt all within 10min walk. Plus East Coast HDB estates gonna get upgraded and revamped..Im sure will add to the advantages of staying there.

Quite tough, can try older development iin D14 (e.g kembangan, sim area) or D16 (tanah merah area), especially those deep in the housing estate.

Do you mean the church go-ers will park along Sea Ave making the road narrower but still enough space for pple staying there to drive in and out of their residences? Or do you mean the church go-ers will park to an extent that will block traffic? I do understand Sea Avenue has only one exit - East Coast Road, which is rather congested at certain periods. This is the only down side, other than this, location's good...groceries, TNS, library, CC, beach, Parkway Parade, speculated mrt all within 10min walk. Plus East Coast HDB estates gonna get upgraded and revamped..Im sure will add to the advantages of staying there.
    i would avoid being near any religious ground ... they may not block the traffic ..but they definitely cause inconvenience .. and if you think you can call the traffic police ... chances are TP also try to get into any "religiously sensitive issues ' ...

so .. avoid lah

bingo! you can hop by to see for yourself over the weekend. the illegal carparking problem is bad enough to be reported in newspapers couple of times. plus with that kind of psf, won't you have other options?

have you considered d'ecosia - balinese styled condo?

bingo! you can hop by to see for yourself over the weekend. the illegal carparking problem is bad enough to be reported in newspapers couple of times. plus with that kind of psf, won't you have other options?

have you considered d'ecosia - balinese styled condo?
    E'ecosia has a very very nice exterior. Will always look at it each time I pass by.. haha. but unfortunately I find it too close the main road, and it's at a cross-junction, not very good. Looking for a more quiet area. Moreover, d'ecosia 3-br asking is out of my budget

Does anyone know by chance .. for those penthouses with sky terraces (100% open type), how do you calculate the psf? Is there a formula?

Does anyone know by chance .. for those penthouses with sky terraces (100% open type), how do you calculate the psf? Is there a formula?
    u go chk one flr below the PH selling hw much...from there u noe how much more u paying for the roof terrace....personally, its a useless area....goto clean and maintain...sian....mabe can sun bath there...or hang clothes...hehe

Try those MMS along Telok Kurau, Haig etc. Lots of such low budget shoebox accommodation in D15 and D14 that meets your budget if you're willing to sacrifice space and lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u go chk one flr below the PH selling hw much...from there u noe how much more u paying for the roof terrace....personally, its a useless area....goto clean and maintain...sian....mabe can sun bath there...or hang clothes...hehe.
    What if the terrace has been renovated to include shades and there's also a private jacuzzi? Would they add value to the terrace?

What if the terrace has been renovated to include shades and there's also a private jacuzzi? Would they add value to the terrace?
    by right, not allowed to install shades....well...movable shades allowed though...lol

up to individual lor...how much u value it...how much u willing to pay for the extra roof terrace....if got nice view on top....more value? u be the judge

eh, u mentioned there's budget constraint but looking for a PH plus installation of shades and private jacuzzi.....

with that kind of money, can hoot and hantam a cote d'azur 2BR unit

eh, u mentioned there's budget constraint but looking for a PH plus installation of shades and private jacuzzi.....

with that kind of money, can hoot and hantam a cote d'azur 2BR unit
    cote d'azur seaview units are nice, but also very exp, and not FH. We are the traditional types, prefer to stick to FH. Plus it is a bit far to walk to TNS. I like small cosy units, while hubby likes lotsa space and sun, so we thought why not compromise and get a PH. But only if the price is right...no hurry

cote d'azur seaview units are nice, but also very exp, and not FH. We are the traditional types, prefer to stick to FH. Plus it is a bit far to walk to TNS. I like small cosy units, while hubby likes lotsa space and sun, so we thought why not compromise and get a PH. But only if the price is right...no hurry
    I refer to your "prefer to stick to FH"...

Nowadays with the 80% rule for successful en bloc, to me the FH status has now been changed to "rule of 80%", so if 80% residents vote to go en bloc, regardless if one's development is LH, 999 years, FH, that said development will go...

Just my worth...

Smile

Hi all ,

afternoon thanks for all the reply the location i'm looking at should be starting from D14-D16 $550,000/- excluding any other hidden cost/ surcharges after add on should be around $600,000/- (My max ) . I'm looking at around 430 sqft unit for 1-2 persons stay guess should be enough as most of the time i'm out of work or overseas . Any recommend on upcoming project ? I've hear that some agents request buyers to give a blank cheque to confirm a unit in preview ?

Hi all ,

afternoon thanks for all the reply the location i'm looking at should be starting from D14-D16 $550,000/- excluding any other hidden cost/ surcharges after add on should be around $600,000/- (My max ) . I'm looking at around 430 sqft unit for 1-2 persons stay guess should be enough as most of the time i'm out of work or overseas . Any recommend on upcoming project ? I've hear that some agents request buyers to give a blank cheque to confirm a unit in preview ?
    unless u dont mind to be noselead by agent.
    a agent once ask me how much i offer for the unit, without viewing the unit.. i just fxxk him u think i fxxking newbie? and i slam down the phone.
    fxxking turnoff
    Last edited by jwong71; 10-01-11 at 14:52.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    unless u dont mind to be noselead by agent.
    a agent once ask me how much i offer for the unit, without viewing the unit.. i just fxxk him u think i fxxking newbie? and i slam down the phone.
    fxxking turnoff
    Hi Jwong71,

Which mean we shouldn't give empty cheque to the agent ? As i'm really not sure what is VVIP preview between launch preview please guide me long the road if anyone willing to share thanks .

what is a blank cheque?

payee blank ?
    amount blank ?
    date blank ?

If all 3 blank, agent runaway how?
    Option fee 5%, 2mil property already 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    what is a blank cheque?

payee blank ?
    amount blank ?
    date blank ?

If all 3 blank, agent runaway how?
    Option fee 5%, 2mil property already 100k.

Lolx.. I'm not sure too need to check around anyone knows about it ?

I think vacanza @ east got 1 bedroom units going around 550k++.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I think vacanza @ east got 1 bedroom units going around 550k++.
    those r facing PIE....

Hi all ,

Don't buy from new launch, buy resale. you get much better value. even if you have to gut out the whole unit to redo it to your preference. no blank cheques too.

Lolx.. I'm not sure too need to check around anyone knows about it ?
    aiyo blank cheque quite safe not really blank but with the payee written as the developer account....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What if although right payee but other people pay $2000 psf for a high floor unit and your agent put you as buying $2500 psf for a low floor lousy facing unit? Don't think that is too safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    aiyo blank cheque quite safe not really blank but with the payee written as the developer account....

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    What if although right payee but other people pay $2000 psf for a high floor unit and your agent put you as buying $2500 psf for a low floor lousy facing unit? Don't think that is too safe?
    reputable developer + reputable agent wont play this kind of punk

E'ecosia has a very very nice exterior. Will always look at it each time I pass by.. haha. but unfortunately I find it too close the main road, and it's at a cross-junction, not very good. Looking for a more quiet area. Moreover, d'ecosia 3-br asking is out of my budget

No fixed formula but commonly the psf value of PES (or open terrace) is calculated at 50% of livable space psf as a gauge...