Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterfront Isle (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    It is a 1 bedder stack, pool facing.
    Tat shows strong interest on small units.... Tat buyer can actually probably half of the total units of 3bedder instead

Actually the promotion rates by dbs not that attractive afterall leh...
    Year1 sibor + 0
    Year2 sibor + 0,25
    Year3 sibor + 0.5
    Year4 sibor + 0.75
    Year5 sibor + 1
    Thereafter sibor + 1.25
    3 years lock-in

Vs sibor + 0.75 throughout, no lock in.

Which one will u choose?

Actually the promotion rates by dbs not that attractive afterall leh...
    Year1 sibor + 0
    Year2 sibor + 0,25
    Year3 sibor + 0.5
    Year4 sibor + 0.75
    Year5 sibor + 1
    Thereafter sibor + 1.25
    3 years lock-in

Vs sibor + 0.75 throughout, no lock in.

Which one will u choose?
    choose this one

Year1 sibor + 0
    Year2 sibor + 0,25
    Year3 sibor + 0.5
    Year4 sibor + 0.75
    Year5 sibor + 1
    Thereafter sibor + 1.25

then later leave dbs at year 4

Since subject to SSD, might as well lock in. Sell upon TOP only.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    my previous question is saving for the 20% downpayment for an accountant...

wah, if that is the case, no body want to work in public accounting firm anymore...
    Me and my wife started out in audit firm , worked 6-7 years before jumping out and at 8th year of post-graduation we saved enough for the 20% downpayment. We also have an existing HDB. I guess it is possible if u can endure long enough.

your 6-7 yrs is in which audit firm? mind to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Kengar
    Me and my wife started out in audit firm , worked 6-7 years before jumping out and at 8th year of post-graduation we saved enough for the 20% downpayment. We also have an existing HDB. I guess it is possible if u can endure long enough.

your 6-7 yrs is in which audit firm? mind to share?
    EY..all the Big 4 pays about the same. Cartel in nature.

Just got to know from an feo agent that the whole of stack 19 bought up by a single buyer related to the FEO family.
    Just my suspicions: the stack was probably bought in bulk with discount to compensate for stamp duties in order to boost the sales numbers. The bus-loads of foreign people reported here could be also engineered to make it look like a lot of foreigners are buying.

so basically every thing is just a show?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Just my suspicions: the stack was probably bought in bulk with discount to compensate for stamp duties in order to boost the sales numbers. The bus-loads of foreign people reported here could be also engineered to make it look like a lot of foreigners are buying.

Just out of curiosity, how many accountants/auditors are there in this forum??!! Bargain hunter, noblebaby, laguna, kengar, all auditors??? I was from a big 4 previously too. Worked the daylights out of me but pays well.

how well is considered well?

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Just out of curiosity, how many accountants/auditors are there in this forum??!! Bargain hunter, noblebaby, laguna, kengar, all auditors??? I was from a big 4 previously too. Worked the daylights out of me but pays well.

I would say yearly increments are usually good, and we will catch up with other professions which had higher starting pay (excluding lawyers, bankers and doctors). Of course the work hours are ridiculous, maybe per hour rate is at McDonalds rate during the peak, which is now.

Me? haha, I am very old alr....trader lah....trade properties...

"Worked the daylights out of me but pays well" : I only can say...u hv not seen what is the meaning of pays well....checked those in the tier 1 banks, front office, 4 - 5 years experience, the market price is $500,000 to $750,000 pa..ie they are only 26 years for a female...and dun count the perk of private jet, business class, 5* hotels etc...

For the companies to pay the employees so well, they must be able to generate sales far exceeding their pay. At such a young age < 30, what they are probably doing could be related to using instruments similar to CDOs.

Haha, well is a subjective word... May be peanuts to some whilst well to others... let's just say I am easily contented.

Anyway I've since moved on years ago. No longer in a big 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Me? haha, I am very old alr....trader lah....trade properties...

"Worked the daylights out of me but pays well" : I only can say...u hv not seen what is the meaning of pays well....checked those in the tier 1 banks, front office, 4 - 5 years experience, the market price is $500,000 to $750,000 pa..ie they are only 26 years for a female...and dun count the perk of private jet, business class, 5* hotels etc...

Yup of course... I have friends who literally made piles of cash doing investment banking/forex trading in 07/08. When the market turned bearish in end 08/09, they all lost their jobs. Few have found jobs overseas then. Each to his own lah...

i studied accounting but got rejected by big 6 accounting firm because of my mere "pass" degree. now i m glad that happened. helped me to take an unconventional route vs my peers.

i think you are being very modest. conservative as an accountant kekeke. i bet you could have put the 20% downpayment a few years earlier assuming you did not fully pay for your hdb. for big 4 accounting firm, i don't think it would take so long to make the decent money. LOL.

Yup of course... I have friends who literally made piles of cash doing investment banking/forex trading in 07/08. When the market turned bearish in end 08/09, they all lost their jobs. Few have found jobs overseas then. Each to his own lah...
    why would ur friends lose job in forex trading?
    in an bull market, easy to make money and in a bear market, very hard to make money?

too many traders, brokers, relationship managers out there... when market is bad, no body want to invest, banks & brokerage firms want to cut cost, then chop ppls...

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    why would ur friends lose job in forex trading?
    in an bull market, easy to make money and in a bear market, very hard to make money?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i think you are being very modest. conservative as an accountant kekeke. i bet you could have put the 20% downpayment a few years earlier assuming you did not fully pay for your hdb. for big 4 accounting firm, i don't think it would take so long to make the decent money. LOL.
    Singlely cannot, but with combined income it makes things easier.

Agree. Combined income is the best especially when both makes decent income.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

What does it take to get such a job? Academic? Experience?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    connections & how many rich people know you and want to park their funds with you

correct, better dont over commit... if not, very tired life...

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Tier 1 banks hardly conduct recruitments in Sg, most of them, they go to NY and London.

Ivy schools, with great GPA, stand a better chance. Interview skills and the x-factors are important.

Nowadays, there is a need to write up quite a lot of essay for the job application.

I know of one case, everything near perfect, but Chinese so so (scored well higher chinese in Sg)....so gone

Tier 1 banks hardly conduct recruitments in Sg, most of them, they go to NY and London.

Ivy schools, with great GPA, stand a better chance. Interview skills and the x-factors are important.

Nowadays, there is a need to write up quite a lot of essay for the job application.

I know of one case, everything near perfect, but Chinese so so (scored well higher chinese in Sg)....so gone
    So the person didn't get the job because of his chinese marks?Until what level do your chinese marks count?Sec 4?I am non Singaporean trying to understand the system

i still think for bankers its more connections than qualifications.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i still think for bankers its more connections than qualifications.
    agreed, depends on the level
    junior analyst and associate...skills very much important
    VP and above : networking and skills

was referring to your 500 to 750k example so networking, knowing the who's who.

agreed, depends on the level
    junior analyst and associate...skills very much important
    VP and above : networking and skills