Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterfront Isle (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I bought a unit #14-37 today.

List price $752990

Discount 15% + 2% = $624982 purchase price.

Upon TOP cash back 5% of purchase price = $31249

Effective purchase price = $593733 = 1003psf.

Its got pool view and limited reservoir view. Its got natural marble flooring. Dunno if good buy or not?
    Will you be able to sell off the unit before TOP and still collect the 5% cash back upon TOP?

Non transferable...

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Will you be able to sell off the unit before TOP and still collect the 5% cash back upon TOP?

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Non transferable...
    Which means if developer uprice by 5 percent, u cannot sell? Plus SSD on you. These measures seems to help developer clear stock as they are not subject to SSD.

Now 5 plus 3 stamp plus 2 coms and legal fees. Seems like u are 10 percent higher. If u think properties can go up more than 10 percent... Go ahead. The party is over. Rental and self stay till removal of SSD.

i still remember those condos around this area used to be selling for $400k - $600k for 3 bedders.

It's not too long ago like 2004... wow now double...

Well just 2 years ago, waterfront waves also had around $600k for 3 bedders (if i don't recall wrongly).

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    i still remember those condos around this area used to be selling for $400k - $600k for 3 bedders.

It's not too long ago like 2004... wow now double...

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Non transferable...
    Yes. The 5% cash rebate is definitely non transferable to the next buyer. My question is whether the original buyer can still collect this 5% rebate upon TOP if he is no longer the owner of the unit ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Well just 2 years ago, waterfront waves also had around $600k for 3 bedders (if i don't recall wrongly).
    The cheapest waterfront waves 2 bedders during the recession starbuy period were around 580k stack 15, facing walls of the hdb block.

My family visited the showroom yesterday evening, the place is quite crowded and units were taken up quickly.

We were impressed quality of the finishings, and the extensive use of marble (even the feature wall in MBR is marble, but it is a pity the colour is only dark grey/black).

The kitchen comes almost fully equipped, baking oven, microwave oven, coffee maker, fridge, 2-in-1 washing/dryer, and even a wine storage!

Overall the designs seem to be more "open" concept.. Open kitchen, dining table cum dry kitchen, the MBR wardrobe is kinda too "open" with 100% glass with no doors.. the MBR toilet is also "open" with 100% glass.

The released stacks appear to be closely built. Most are facing each other or facing WF Gold. The unreleased units facing the reservoir have the best views. Definitely going to be more ex.

Think this development looks to be more suited for small families or families with no kids, looking for a lifestyle home.

The cheapest waterfront waves 2 bedders during the recession starbuy period were around 580k stack 15, facing walls of the hdb block.
    Azeo buddy, in your 5% cash back rebate, does it state your name specifically or as the "owner of # xyz unit" ? If you sell your unit before TOP, still can get back the 5% rebate upon TOP?

No one seem to answer this question of mine leh.

if u sell away, u won't get the 5% back.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Azeo buddy, in your 5% cash back rebate, does it state your name specifically or as the "owner of # xyz unit" ? If you sell your unit before TOP, still can get back the 5% rebate upon TOP?

No one seem to answer this question of mine leh.
    If u sell away before TOP (85% paid up), u and your buyer will not get the cash back.

Also you must declare that you will be getting the cash back to your bank. So your bank loan will reduce by 5% accordingly.

Congrats bro! So how much is the cash rebates effectively, after the interest paid to the bank until TOP?

If u sell away before TOP (85% paid up), u and your buyer will not get the cash back.

Also you must declare that you will be getting the cash back to your bank. So your bank loan will reduce by 5% accordingly.

BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Oic. Thanks for the clarification. Like that, it means that even when the measures are lifted, its still not worth it to sell until TOP. Was this clause stated clearly in the Cash Rebate form/document?

azeopro u buy for own stay or investment?

Yesterday I also dropped by the showflat around evening time. Must say I'm quite impressed with the development and the price especially. The sky garden is imo a key advantage over the other surrounding projects except WFG which has the sky garden as well.

I used to avoid FEO projects but with their recent repositioning (Strata and subsequent projects), I actually rate it quite high now.

Not sure if anybody noticed the constant private ferry of mainland chinese in Mercedes Vito and Toyota Vans to the showflat. At 1 point, I saw a whole group of them seated at the living room of Waterfront Gold 4-bedder showflat while their compatriot sat at the open kitchen table top, finalizing paperwork and issuing a HSBC cheq to the beaming Agent. Salute to FEO for bringing in FDI into Singapore and keeping it looked up for the next 3-5 years. It feels like 2006/2007 all over again. At the rate these FDI are flowing into Sg, I worry for the future generation of Sg....

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Yesterday I also dropped by the showflat around evening time. Must say I'm quite impressed with the development and the price especially. The sky garden is imo a key advantage over the other surrounding projects except WFG which has the sky garden as well.

I used to avoid FEO projects but with their recent repositioning (Strata and subsequent projects), I actually rate it quite high now.

Not sure if anybody noticed the constant private ferry of mainland chinese in Mercedes Vito and Toyota Vans to the showflat. At 1 point, I saw a whole group of them seated at the living room of Waterfront Gold 4-bedder showflat while their compatriot sat at the open kitchen table top, finalizing paperwork and issuing a HSBC cheq to the beaming Agent. Salute to FEO for bringing in FDI into Singapore and keeping it looked up for the next 3-5 years. It feels like 2006/2007 all over again. At the rate these FDI are flowing into Sg, I worry for the future generation of Sg....
    why are you worried? are you a racist? isn't foreign money what we need to further develop our country?

or are you worried because they are not buying your "the parc" condo, which is worse than the wost HDB?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    why are you worried? are you a racist? isn't foreign money what we need to further develop our country?

or are you worried because they are not buying your "the parc" condo, which is worse than the wost HDB?
    How can I be racist when I'm a chinese, haha. I'm worried because average income of common folks has not increased as fast as ppty prices.

An audit assistant starting pay has only increased approximately 70% over the last 20 years. However, ppty prices has definitely increased more than 70% in the corresponding period. If subsidized housing is not marked-to-market but kept low, I think its fine. However, this is not the case. Hence my `worry'.

Wow, you hit the bullseye! Yes, Singapore needs foreign investments and talents to grow its economy but higher ppty prices doesnt `add value' to a country. I rather not have this kind of investments as I feel its not sustainable. Its also becoz of this that I still have not bought any ppty since I sold my last ppty in 2007. I will start buying in Singapore if I have to start paying my fresh grad audit assistant S$4500 per month.

And again, The Parc, it's of no concern me. I think you should be more worried as its in the same D5 as your crappybelle . If its not doing well, dun expect your crappybelle to fair any better. Check transactions data, The Parc is transacting higher than your crappybelle.

why won't people buy aquarius or any other nearby condos for lesser price ?

i don't understand this phenomenon...

nrby condos still got transaction every mth wat....others r buying older resale leh...but some jus prefer to buy from developer....can choose facing...unit number....etc etc....choice unit wor....all buy at same price...got chance developer up the price later on especially u noe its FEO....save time too....buy resale takes lots of time....

dun haf 1bedder mah...lol....furthermore older LH wor..

furthermore goto see the condition....got leaking? tiles stained? reno can cost about 50-100psf wor...plus whole estate condition? 4yrs SSD makes it even better for buyers to buy from developer....some buyers buy for capital appreciation and just dunwan to deal with tenants....can be vy headache one....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Aquarius TOP already? Then cannot mah, those new launch buyers all hoping TOP to be 4 years or more away to flip mah (don't need come up with full downpayment and loan drawn-down).

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Aquarius TOP already? Then cannot mah, those new launch buyers all hoping TOP to be 4 years or more away to flip mah (don't need come up with full downpayment and loan drawn-down).
    sell 4 yrs later cannot say flip liao la...flipping shd be buy and sell within 1-2yrs?

some just dunwan to deal with tenants yay?

To aeroprop:

i wonder y u sell 8wood and buy another unit here?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Sell 4 years without taking ownership of property and before CSC is called "subsale", thought that is considered "flipping" by Govt?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    sell 4 yrs later cannot say flip liao la...flipping shd be buy and sell within 1-2yrs?

some just dunwan to deal with tenants yay?

chances of leaking or major damage is minimal if can find a unit occupied by owner. Minor damage, won't cost a lot to fix. The most repaint and spend $20k for reno shld do it.

Aquarius by the park is an old condo which is further up of FEO new dev. Asking only $800avg...ppl cheong for $1k psf . What upside do they see ?

nowadays new dev only the small units can see upside fast, rest will follow

tenant also contribute to pocket mah, win-win can lao
    Last edited by Lovelle; 07-02-11 at 16:10.

I think it's also the comfort of seeing so many people buying together with you. Buying a resale need greater self confidence to negotiate one-on-one since price is more flexible and since you're putting the highest bid on the table, there will be people who have no confidence that is the best price. Whereas from developer, the price is transparent and if you see others snapping up, it gives people the confidence that the price is "right" - no need to use negotiation skill. Singaporeans - herd instinct. I have friends who have no idea how to buy resale thinking that is "stressful" and troublesome and need to negotiate which they are bad at.

Even if buy new, also need to repaint and do power points and light points and add feature wall and mirror at dining (YAWN! standard design). From my experience, renovation cost is the roughly the same. The only difference might be old units may need to change bathroom fixtures which is not a lot. It's funny that people always assume no need to renovate for new condo. In fact, some new units are so small, many people end up building a lot of cabinets to keep their luggage/vacuum cleaner/bags etc with a lot of customised carpentry even for bedroom writing table. Actual renovation costs can be even higher to create storage/livable space.

chances of leaking or major damage is minimal if can find a unit occupied by owner. Minor damage, won't cost a lot to fix. The most repaint and spend $20k for reno shld do it.

Aquarius by the park is an old condo which is further up of FEO new dev. Asking only $800avg...ppl cheong for $1k psf . What upside do they see ?

nowadays new dev only the small units can see upside fast, rest will follow

tenant also contribute to pocket mah, win-win can lao

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I think it's also the comfort of seeing so many people buying together with you. Buying a resale need greater self confidence to negotiate one-on-one since price is more flexible and since you're putting the highest bid on the table, there will be people who have no confidence that is the best price. Whereas from developer, the price is transparent and if you see others snapping up, it gives people the confidence that the price is "right" - no need to use negotiation skill. Singaporeans - herd instinct. I have friends who have no idea how to buy resale thinking that is "stressful" and troublesome and need to negotiate which they are bad at.
    I don't see value in new launches. With the price difference, one can hack out the entire apartment to renovate til like new. But the situation here is slightly different, new 99LH vs 80 yrs left? If its FH, I'll go for resale for sure.

Agreed that buying from resale can be a painful process. I have a couple of experience with my offer matching the sellers asking, only to have the seller upping the price. Have to be very patient too waiting for a particular development to become available. But can be rewarding when u finally get the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    How can I be racist when I'm a chinese, haha. I'm worried because average income of common folks has not increased as fast as ppty prices.

An audit assistant starting pay has only increased approximately 70% over the last 20 years. However, ppty prices has definitely increased more than 70% in the corresponding period. If subsidized housing is not marked-to-market but kept low, I think its fine. However, this is not the case. Hence my `worry'.

Wow, you hit the bullseye! Yes, Singapore needs foreign investments and talents to grow its economy but higher ppty prices doesnt `add value' to a country. I rather not have this kind of investments as I feel its not sustainable. Its also becoz of this that I still have not bought any ppty since I sold my last ppty in 2007. I will start buying in Singapore if I have to start paying my fresh grad audit assistant S$4500 per month.

And again, The Parc, it's of no concern me. I think you should be more worried as its in the same D5 as your crappybelle . If its not doing well, dun expect your crappybelle to fair any better. Check transactions data, The Parc is transacting higher than your crappybelle.
    just look at your own hookerville, smack in the middle of D15 red light zone. you sons sleep with different hookers every night, thanks to your nice choice of a condo home for them. thanks dad!!!

there is also people who buy those left 70LH left. Eg. Braddell heights , those HUDC type.

I am just trying to better understand this herd instinct, alto' in a up-market or down market be it resale or new launch, price will align.

with the 4th measures, it's harder to flip now so i would go for immediate rental unit ie. resale lor....sometimes if you buy for rental, you just give minimum renovation will do. Later if intend to stay then take $$ frm ur rental $$ and do a good one later...

who knows the resale value may go up as well (just like RH eg.) if more new launches are done higher. Bank will surely match one day

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    just look at your own hookerville, smack in the middle of D15 red light zone. you sons sleep with different hookers every night, thanks to your nice choice of a condo home for them. thanks dad!!!
    While we are at it, allow me to indulge in a little fantasy story telling then. My son told me one of the hooker was selling her body so that she could help pay off her housing loan at a condo crappybelle. Furthermore, she was selling her services at D14 coz her husband who went by the handle `Stalingrad' was himself selling his ass to other men at their home, putting new meaning to the term SO-HOLE How touching....so my son bang her a few more times and also intro her to his friends so that she can pay off the loan a bit faster.

You think only you can write stories?

And oh, I don't have any condo in D15 nor D14, but you did get the `ville' part right. But its opposite D'Leedon. Trust me, if hookers stay at my condo at Farrer Rd, crappybelle is probably home to trans who charged 10% the rate of the hookers who stay at my condo.

So, how's my story? Ok, back to thread :-)
    Last edited by HP65; 07-02-11 at 21:27.